2 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I'll sign up as Locke Tekiel. Details on characterisation to come.

@Haelbarde, as a heads up for any balancing you do today, @Elbereth is planning on signing up, but won't be able to do so until she wakes (although that will definitely be before the deadline).

Noted.

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

Priest role: Ensure that the escaped convict is not lynched. Knows the identity of both the escaped convict and the parole officer. One time in the game, the priest may move the parole officer's vote onto themselves.

:P

But there's already so many thematic roles D: And none for the evils...

Won't stop me from adding just one more though, at Wilson's suggestion. Have to run now, but the short of it is we'll be adding the Thief - neutral - can steal metals, or recover them from dead bodies. Wins at the end of the game if they get a full set of metals. Doesn't know who their child is.

3 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I'll sign up as Locke Tekiel. Details on characterisation to come.

@Haelbarde, as a heads up for any balancing you do today, @Elbereth is planning on signing up, but won't be able to do so until she wakes (although that will definitely be before the deadline).

Indeed. Signing up as Suterna, please. Note that I'll still be travelling for about the first cycle of the game, so won't be as active at that time. Try not to lynch me D1? :P 

Sign ups are closed. Game won't be going up immediately, as I said before. I should hopefully have it up within an hour, but we'll see how we go. 

If you've made it late and still want to sign up, send me a PM, in case I'm still able to sneak you into the game. 

12 PM:
The shouts began, as the plan was set in motion. Up went the barricade, built from borrowed wooden carts, leftover construction materials, and a motorcar that had been acquired somehow. This was to be one of many around the city, each setup in carefully chosen districts so as to be visible and defensible. Up went the cries calling for the people to join in a fight for their freedom, and join they did. The numbers at the barricade rose as ranks began to form. 

1 PM:
The constabulary,  along with a fresh draft of volunteers, and some other hired Lawmen from the Roughs, who happened to be in town at the time, had arrived in force, preparing to siege the barricade.

1:30 PM:
An initial firefight was fought, and men had died. Now there was silence for a time.
“You at the barricade listen to this!” The voice from the Constabulary line rang out over the gap in a lull in the fighting. “No one is coming to help you to fight!”

Emboldened by no response from the barricade, the voice continued.

“You’re on your own, you have no friends! Give up your guns, or die!”

As the proclamation died down, there was still no response from the barricade, just silence.

Then one of the ringleader yelled out a response. “Rust their warnings, rust their lies! They will see the people rise!”

Guns began firing. 

Took awhile, but here we go. I'll be sending out PMs as soon as I can.

A few things to note:
Here's the final version of the Thief:

Thief - You never know your luck when there's a free-for-all. Here a little tip, there a little touch. Most of them are goners, so they won't miss much! You've not come to the barricade for glory. It's a world where the dogs eat the dogs, you're out to get a profit, and it's easy to steal from a corpse.

• You win if you survive and stole at least 4 unique metals over the course of the game.
  • Each night cycle, you may target a player and attempt to steal something from them. If they have an allomantic metal, you will steal one charge from them. You can only steal from a player once.

So that's how that'll work.

PMs in this game are not open. Excluding this cycle, you may only PM at night, and only if I have notified everyone in thread that a tineye is burning a charge of tin. Whenever a new cycle starts, please check the thread first before responding to PMs. As an exception to the rules as written, just to start you all off, I'm letting people PM this day cycle only.

Cycle ends in 48 hours. Now I have a little more time, I'll try see if there's a better time for rollover. Suggestions are welcome.

bla_1498467600.png

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Jay (The Flash) - has at least two steelminds - a ring, and a helmet
  2. Name Name (Straw) - has a name
  3. Albin Brodeur (Jondesu) - Skaa Crew Member
  4. Siv (Cloudjumper) - has unrealistic expectations
  5. Luigi (Shqueeves) - roots for the underdog
  6. Edmond Dantès (asterion137) - is seeking revenge for a wrongful imprisonment
  7. Carcer (Paranoid King) - is all for rebelion
  8. Dariend Castel (StrikerEZ) - walks a dark path
  9. Roger Elariel (Elenion) - is not the Pauper Noble
  10. Alonine (BrightnessRadiant) - is probably not the real Eponine
  11. Alrin (Arinian)
  12. Aimes (Araris Valerian) - in above his head, wants to fade away
  13. Bartolomeus Teki (randuir) - is slightly suspici...
  14. Darius Castel (Ecthelion III) - is self-centered, with a brother
  15. Keera Wilde (little Wilson) - fights for the right to be free!
  16. Siena Mattel (Seonid) - is running away from love
  17. Lukas Fehrweight (Drake Marshall)
  18. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf) - here because she was told to
  19. Jack (A Joe in the Bush)
  20. Dandi (_Stick_)
  21. Kliff (TheMightyLopen) - roped into manning the barricade, possibly by a cousin?
  22. Garshin (Yitzi2) - thinks he's in Elendel when he really isn't...
  23. Rorik (Dalinar Kholin)
  24. Mykal (Amanuensis) - is a missionary of the path
  25. Phil (STINK) - is simply Phil
  26. Julie (Arraenae)
  27. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai)
  28. Suterna (Elbereth)

Edited by Alvron

Neutral players, on behalf of the village, i would like to invite you all to work with us against the Infiltrators. Literally all of you can win with either side. (Even the convicts ward and the Thief's Child if I'm reading correctly. as long as both of you survive, and the Pauper noble survives as well.

There is nothing i can offer to encourage your choice except my voice in your defense. but i do ask that you side with us anyway. 

Thief, you're a bit different. We can help you gather metal, if you're willing to help us deprive the infiltrators of allomancy. If you decide to side with the eliminators, at least promise me you'll betray them on the last turn just to cause chaos?

Time for Randuir's (C) pattented (TM) opinions on roles and strategy suggestions:

Let'start with the allomantic metals:

• Tin: Tin is the only way PM's are available in this game, and PM's can be very important for passing on information or having behind the scenes discussion. Personally, I'd recommend having tin up roughly every 2-3 cycles, but since there are only limited charges available, the tin-eyes should use their own judgement ehre as well to see how often they sue their power. if at all possible, try to save enough tin for the last 1-2 cycles, as that's where, in my experience, PM's make the most difference.
  • Soother/rioter: I've seen it advised once or twice before that the vote manipulators should announce their presence in C1, just so everyone knows how many there are. I personally think this is a bad idea. Elim manipulators won't do it, and village manipulators won't (shouldn't) be participants in elim hammers to change votes, so knowing how many village manipulators there are is in the interest of the elims, not the village. For the rest, use good judgement and time your use of the metal where it'll make a difference.
  • Smokers: I don't have too much to add here. Personally I'd reserve using this power for preventing vote manipulation on close votes, but if you're in contact with an important allomancer, using it to hide them from any elims seekers is also a valid use (points at ringleader).
  • Seeker: remember that people protected by copper look identical to people not burning at all. Also, there is only 1 lurcher (thief's child) and 1 coinshot (ringleader). Both of these are village-aligned (child is technically neutral, but wants to protect a villager). Apart from this little reminder, I don't have anything else to add.
  • Thug: I'd personally say that it'd be better to use charges when you didn't need them, than to die with charges unspent. However, if you've only got a couple of charges, you should probably exercise good judgement. Depending on the situation, you might want to consider allowing a lynch to just take you out. If you think you can convince the village of your innocence with more time, go for it, but if you don't, it might be better to go down in one go. In my experience, nothing kills discussion faster than a lynch that is locked in within the first 12 hours of a cycle, which could be the case for a pewter-arm that survived a lynch.

Village roles:

• Ringleader: As always with a kill role, you should exercise good judgement. Remember that, even if the scavenger doesn't die, you are only guaranteed 2 shots, and you will at most get 4 if the scavenger is very lucky.
  • Scavenger: Pay attention to when the ringleader makes his kill. You don't want to waste a dose of retrieved steel.
  • Pauper Noble: Remember that as long as the thief's child is alive, you've got the possibility of an extra layer of protection, so if you also happen to be a pewter-arm, you should keep this in mind. Also, just because you can drop to a neutral role doesn't mean you shouldn't be trying to win the game for the village. The ward might never find you, and even if he/she does, you still need to make it to the end of the game alive.

Neutral roles(as far as they have some influence on the success of the village):

• Escaped convict: You can soak up a single attack against your ward, so try to stay alive to do so.
  • Parole officer: It would be in the villages interest if you could refrain from taking down the convict until after he's used up his one-shot protection. Thanks in advance :P .
  • Thief's Child: depending on how many charges of iron you get, either use good judgement or have a permanent defense up. Remember, you lose if the pauper baron dies, and the village doesn't want the pauper baron to die as he's village.
  • Thief: Unless it's from a suspected elim, that is.

At a first glance, there are no particular game mechanics suitable for unusual amounts of subversion to try and find the elims(no alignment scans, and no abilities that would react differently to elims), so victory in this game will probably be mostly down to good analysis.

Edited by randuir
I was in a hurry and made lots of spelling mistakes

Still working at the PMs, but while I think about it - When PMing, please remember to add Doc and I to all PMs.

EDIT: Oh, and while group PMs are allowed, you may not add more players to the PM after it has been created. If you need to add more players, create a new group PM.

EDIT 2: Role PMs are still rolling out, but another thing while I think about it. Copy-pasting information from PMs into other PMs, or into thread is forbidden.

Edited by Haelbarde

I got a great strategy for the elims. And another great strategy for the village. 

1. Don't touch the STINK.

2. Don't touch the STINK.

2 is for the village. 1 is for the elims. 

A great plan, right?

Just now, STINK said:

I got a great strategy for the elims. And another great strategy for the village. 

1. Don't touch the STINK.

2. Don't touch the STINK.

2 is for the village. 1 is for the elims. 

A great plan, right?

Sure, I can arrange that. All I need is a coin, a vial of steel-flakes and a bead of a steel-Lerasium alloy :P.

Despite all the extra roles, for most of us I think this is going to be a fairly vanilla game in terms of gameplay and finding the Elims. Good chance to try and improve my analysis skills I guess. I can't really add to the suggestions other people made for the various roles, so I won't.

Important note: votes must be retracted in a new post. Don't go back and edit your retraction in your original post. Retract your vote in the same post you put a new one down, otherwise it won't count. I have issues with this myself, and it's rather silly to put down a new vote but only have your original vote counted. Don't do it, folks.

Normally, I prefer it when vote manips announce their roles, but I think this time it's not such a good idea because of the limited charges. Soothers and Rioters, it's probably better to save your charges for late game, when elims and villagers will have more equal amounts of voting power.

The elims, if they have a seeker, are going to be very interested in what roles the village has. (When are they ever uninterested in that?) I think it's better for Smokers to not use their charges early game, because there's more players alive. The chance that any one person will get Seeked is smaller because there's a bigger pool. Plus, there's more roleclaims later in the game, so Smokers who wait are more likely to know which specific people they want to protect.

I might not be very active today or tomorrow. It depends on a lot of things.

Hello, fellas! Lovely barricades you have here. Veery nice. A shame they don't keep any government spies out.

Tell you what. Instead of shooting guns around randomly, we find some traitors and stop wasting ammo! Honestly, there's no way for the rebellion to win if we keep wasting our resources. You! @The Flash! I know you've been around, doing a few other things, but why don't you pop in and say hi? You've been pretty active elsewhere, after all.

47 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Important note: votes must be retracted in a new post. Don't go back and edit your retraction in your original post. Retract your vote in the same post you put a new one down, otherwise it won't count.

I forget if I made it clear in the rules but if you are voting and retracting repeatedly in the same post, as you talk through an analysis or something, that's fine. And you can retract without having to put down a new vote.

The main thing is I like to be able to easily track the way votes are made(, used and wasted), shifted,  etc,  and I personally find it hard to do that when previous posts get edited.

Right. Some early thoughts on the game: 

We have up to six neutral roles in the game, which leaves 22 divided amongst the village and eliminators (assuming the Pauper Baron gets converted during the game). I suppose this could give either four or five eliminators, as the eliminators also risk hitting neutral roles. Time isn't as pressing this game as many I've played recently - the very worst case scenario gives us six full cycles before numbers draw equal, assuming the Ringleader doesn't kill, and even then, there would still be six neutral roles in the game.

I couldn't find it, and it's pretty important to know, given the number of neutral roles. @Haelbarde, do the eliminators need to outnumber all villagers, or kill them all?

Right. Thoughts on posts so far:

Joe's post makes sense, and is reasonable for a villager. I don't see an advantage in driving positive village sentiment towards people with neutral roles as an eliminator - or, I think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

Much of Randuir's advice was very obvious, which I'm always suspicious of, but I've seen that from villagers enough that I shouldn't find it too suspicious. 

@Straw, your thoughts on the players that have posted so far? You've seen most of them in historical games - do you think they're acting consistently with how they have as villagers in the past?

@Jondesu, similarly, thoughts beyond saying you'll analyse?

@Shqueeves, I haven't seen you before - are you a new player? I'm not sure whether to put your appreciation of the graph down to friendliness or trying to get Straw on side.

I'm not normally too keen on advice for roles being the focus of D1 discussion - it's a way to appear to contribute without giving any real opinions on players, and doesn't help us built a better picture of links between players.

In the interests of generating discussion, I am the Pauper Noble, although I've already established that El is not the Convict's Ward.

@Crimsn-Wolf, you were around earlier. There's plenty to discuss now, do some thoughts on the game?