6 minutes ago, randuir said:

@Haelbarde, is there any way to gain more charges of metal during the course of the game?

No there isn't. So deciding if and when to use an ability will be important.

Edit: Oh, and it is possible to not have a role in this game.

Edited by Haelbarde

Couple of questions about the Pauper Baron and his two potential lovers. I assume a love triangle is possible. Is this correct?

If not, what happens with the Convict's Ward's win con if she finds the Pauper Baron but he's already lovers with the Thief's Daughter?

If so, what happens to the Pauper Baron's alignment? Does it change/stay the same based on the order of his lovers finding him? (Convict's Ward finds him first, so he changes to neutral, but then the Thief's Daughter finds him so he goes back to village) Or does his alignment only matter with who finds him first?

15 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Couple of questions about the Pauper Baron and his two potential lovers. I assume a love triangle is possible. Is this correct?

If not, what happens with the Convict's Ward's win con if she finds the Pauper Baron but he's already lovers with the Thief's Daughter?

If so, what happens to the Pauper Baron's alignment? Does it change/stay the same based on the order of his lovers finding him? (Convict's Ward finds him first, so he changes to neutral, but then the Thief's Daughter finds him so he goes back to village) Or does his alignment only matter with who finds him first?

(I've gone through and changed Baron to noble to be more gender neutral, in line with the rest of the roles.)

Hmm. Good question. I'll need to think through the balance of the interactions I think, but I think that the Ward's effect gets priority. So yes, a love triangle can form. Two ways to play it - RAW, Pauper dies if either dies,  or they die when the second dies. If the later, I'd further rule that the Pauper reverts to village,  I think.

I sorta like the second option, though the it feels unbalanced… I'll need to think. Also, if anyone does have balance concerns about the thematic roles, I'm happy to hear them.

Oh yea, a name. Um..... Luigi. Used to be the heir to a minor noble house, ran away and disowned(?) his family because he saw the cruelty of the nobles.

Also, I'm going to be gone until around the forth of July. Here's to hoping I'm not dead when I get back!

Oh and before I forget, rollover might change times after first cycle - the current time is about the only time I know I'll be able to get the game running this weekend. I'll have plenty more time going forward to potentially shift rollover to better accommodate everyone

2 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

(I've gone through and changed Baron to noble to be more gender neutral, in line with the rest of the roles.)

Hmm. Good question. I'll need to think through the balance of the interactions I think, but I think that the Ward's effect gets priority. So yes, a love triangle can form. Two ways to play it - RAW, Pauper dies if either dies,  or they die when the second dies. If the later, I'd further rule that the Pauper reverts to village,  I think.

I sorta like the second option, though the it feels unbalanced… I'll need to think. Also, if anyone does have balance concerns about the thematic roles, I'm happy to hear them.

I would suggest that in such case, the Thief's Child gets priority due to being first, but the Convict's Ward still gets a PM.  If the Thief's Child dies, it switches to the Convict's Ward (the Pauper Noble does not die from the lovers effect), and any rioter or soother can also use their ability to switch it (at which point it cannot be switched back); however, if the Pauper Noble discovers that the Convict's Ward is trying to cause one of those effects, the Pauper Noble denounces the Convict's Ward, who then dies of heartbreak.  If it does not switch by the end of the game (or by the point the Pauper Noble is killed), the Convict's Ward commits suicide, and both the Convict and the Convict's Ward lose.

(Love triangles can be quite vicious, more so when others are drawn in.)

Edited by Yitzi2

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

To keep myself from going insane while I wait for my qualifier to finish, I think I might join this. Sign me up as Mykal, a missionary of the Path who's attempting to provide religious guidance to those perpetrating this hasty rebellion.

Wait are you the priest? Will you buy my soul for God?

9 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

To keep myself from going insane while I wait for my qualifier to finish, I think I might join this. Sign me up as Mykal, a missionary of the Path who's attempting to provide religious guidance to those perpetrating this hasty rebellion.

7 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

@Amanuensis did you know there's actually a priest character in Les Mis lol

Priest role: Ensure that the escaped convict is not lynched. Knows the identity of both the escaped convict and the parole officer. One time in the game, the priest may move the parole officer's vote onto themselves.

:P