Quick Fix Game 24: Eliminating Elysium

Sart

@Paranoid King um, why would you guard against him lol. Unless you thought he was gonna be a pc operator and take you out this early in the game but for reals -_- why

I just finished a monster post for the other game so now Imma focus on this one for a bit. :P Warning! Loads of analysis and paranoid theories coming soon! 

Ok I've been reading back through the thread and PK posted a lot about using cytonics but several things stick out as weird to me

if you're suspicious of someone, use cytonics on them. If you're not, don't stress out about wasting an action. It's okay if you don't use cytonics, because it might do more harm than good.

Elims (Probably) will use cytonics as much as possible since there's no chance of hitting their own side.

EDIT: Now I think about it, a better strategy is just to use cytonics as much as possible, and never use the role actions. It stops the elims from using their kill as much (And if they do use it, they'll target inactives, which is good for us anyways. Ignore everything I wrote above, I guess. I was just writing things down as I thought them.)

Emphasis my own. Why did you stray from this line of thinking? It was better for the village in my opinion. And then you also said that elims would probably use cytonics as much as possible, and then that we should too. But tbh cytonics don't really seem that helpful. If we ignored them we might just be back to a normal QF. The more we use them, the faster we lose our villagers who are trying to help.

Role based actions aren't that useful anyways, so if the village loses them, it won't be a huge loss

Except once Sart clarified that the UIB agent was an alignment scanner and several of us wanted them to start scanning, why would you use cytonics on a player who actually stated suspicion of you? It's not like an elim was gonna state suspicion of you and then kill you right after...at least he probably wouldn't send in the order.

Brightness Radiant- ...at least the UIB agents should use their actions to start the game.

PK- True, that. Hit 'em while you're not suspected.

Soooo it's not like you weren't aware of the UIB agents :unsure: (I'm thinking you could've just put in your action to use cytonics and then never changed it later in the cycle which would make sense for a villager except for the fact that you had to exclusively target BB and he wasn't saying he was suspicious of you until the night cycle. (Which was after the UIB agent had been confirmed as an alignment scanner)

Then there's the post where you said that people were "attacking" Ecth when the only other votes on him, besides yours, were a vote to encourage discussion, and then Arinian's unexplained vote (which was weird and the reason I voted on him lol). I can see how it could look like the elims were trying to pile votes onto a random villager, but I feel like you overreacted a little. That came off seeming like you knew his alignment already.

All things considered, you are one of my biggest suspicions right now so PK

Sorry for the double post, but no one has posted since I did last and I can't copy/paste a post with quotes on my tablet for some weird reason.

Edit: I know I said "loads" of analysis, but I need sleep so I'll tell my other suspicions and stuff tomorrow :P

Edited by BrightnessRadiant
Spelling

3 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

...I guess it wasn't a reach then. I didn't really expect you to reveal that though. :mellow: Uhh, why did you do that? Why would him stating suspicion of you cause you to use Cytonics against him? I don't understand. >> Like, I don't understand why you'd guard against him unless you're an Alien, but if you're an Alien, I don't really see the point in revealing you guarded against him, unless you're just going for an IKYK.

He could have been trying to pre-empt any concerted efforts to try and figure out who had protected against him. I can think of a couple of ways that might have exposed him, but all of those also have the risk of revealing all other roles that require the user to no protect themselves. 

8 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Randuir is tough to read, but I did think his plan to protect UIB Agents was pretty good. 

I do believe I've mentioned that that plan was Yitzi's, not mine. The only addition I've made is that the politician could use it as a sort of pseudo-alignment scan.

Anyway, right now I'm suspicious of both PK and Drake. I don't have much to add to BR's analysis of PK, and he's my main suspect right now. I'd like to see his response to her analysis before committing to a vote on him though. 

As for Drake, it's mostly just a gut-feeling right now. I think the main reason I'm suspicious of him is this comment from N1:

Huh, when you say it like that, it almost feels suspicious how quickly people switched over from Yitzi to Arin. Right after another, like a coordinated effort.

Now, I very highly doubt that everyone involved in that turnaround were elims. There were legitimate reasons to vote Arin instead of Yitzi, even if I didn't personally agree with them.

But the fact still remains. I haven't been in very many SE games... But in a good half of those I have played, people who dodge lynches like that turn out to be evil. Elims have something of an advantage when it comes to dodging an early lynch, because they have a team to help them out.

Earlier I said I didn't have much to go on Yitzi. Honestly I was mostly just breaking a tie. But now I'm wondering...

This to me seems to be some reasonably well-done stealth suspicion-mongering. Then again, the same could probably be said about my post summing up the order of events of the vote switch-up.

I haven't found any things in his post that would justify a vote, but I've also not really found anything that makes me think he's village. I'm not going to vote on him until I've actually found something, but @Drake Marshall, if you do have a targeted role like UIB investigator, PC operator or firebrand, you might not want to target me. Just saying.

Also, @The Flash, once you've got time, I'd really appreciate a substantial post from you. Uptill now, about half your posts have basically been statements that you are very busy with stuff, but that you'll get around to giving more input at some point. The other half are your RNG motivated vote on BB, and you moving your vote in an effort to save ecthelion (and you wondering whether you should have stayed on BB after all, without providing any further reason). Actually, now that I've summed this up, I'm becoming slightly suspicious of you.

As for other people:

The only way I believe I can be sure about Lopen's alignment if he either has a role that proves him village, if I'm an elim myself, or if his character dies and his alignment is revealed. I've been wrong far too many times when one of these conditions weren't satisfied.

I'm currently leaning village on Brightness, but if Yitzi does prove to be evil after all, she'd be the first person I would be suspicious of after that.

Okay RP'd in the LG and now to post in here again lol (when you're holding a newborn so they'll sleep for several hours, you don't get to do much but sit and stare at a screen and make lots of posts lol)

@randuir my other main suspicion is Drake too, but I can't remember all of the reasons so I was gonna go do analysis on him too...

As for the aliens, well, I doubt they'd take my advice :P particularly because my advice would be to admit in-thread to being elims so we can lynch them

I don't know why exactly, but this comment, though it was meant sarcastically, just came off sounding fake to me. (And I mean fake as in an elim just saying this for fun lol) But probably just a random gut feeling here hehe. Most of the "advice" he gave in that post seemed relatively sound, but not really that helpful. Just, use your own judgment and firebrands don't use your power early on. Also, he seemed to be pushing for all villagers to use cytonics and no role actions. Which, to me, seems a little useless since you have to actually target specific players to even block anything.

So... It's between Yitzi and Arinian now. I guess voting anywhere else wouldn't make any kind of difference (plus if I decide to use cytonics, I'll want to keep my other suspicions a secret for now :ph34r:).

Between them... Hm. I feel like I've been here before in other games, but I really don't suspect Arinian. His attitude just doesn't seem right for an eliminator.

I've only observed Yitzi in one game, and I don't find their suggestion overly suspicious 'cause villagers make unpopular suggestions all the time. But it's probably the best suspicion I've got. And it's better then lynching Arin in my opinion. So, Yitzi.

That's the tie broken. Sorry Yitzi. And sorry for doing it at the end of the cycle.

I don't really get the comment about Arinian's attitude not seeming right for an elim since all he'd really done was vote Ecth without giving a reason. (Which, I guess, an elim might be more careful not to do but still not much to go on whereas Yitzi was actually contributing a lot to the conversation and seemed to be actively trying to find a way to use cytonics to our advantage)

I feel like his vote, and reasoning behind it, was simply trying to find something to say while helping to decide a lynch between 2 villagers. (I don't know if Yitzi is village, I was just starting to feel like he was and didn't want to lynch him cuz he seemed to be trying to help plan and add to the conversation even while the votes were piling up. I thought I should mention that a couple of players have already said "if Yitzi's evil than Brightness probably is too" but I feel like people are judging me too harshly for trying to save a villager who I actually put in jeopardy in the first place. I was the first to point out that his first plan had a major flaw and voted on him and several people followed. I just want to make sure that the elims don't kill yitzi, or hope he gets lynched just to take me down too.)

Huh, when you say it like that, it almost feels suspicious how quickly people switched over from Yitzi to Arin. Right after another, like a coordinated effort.

Now, I very highly doubt that everyone involved in that turnaround were elims. There were legitimate reasons to vote Arin instead of Yitzi, even if I didn't personally agree with them.

But the fact still remains. I haven't been in very many SE games... But in a good half of those I have played, people who dodge lynches like that turn out to be evil. Elims have something of an advantage when it comes to dodging an early lynch, because they have a team to help them out.

Earlier I said I didn't have much to go on Yitzi. Honestly I was mostly just breaking a tie. But now I'm wondering...

Okay this was already mentioned by Rand, but I'm doing analysis of all his posts so yeah lol...

This post gives me a super elim vibe because it sounds like he never even considered the fact that the quick change could've been aided by the elims. I feel like Drake is a good enough player to have already thought of this on his own were he village. I thought of it looking suspicious when I decided to try and save Yitzi, but I decided it was worth the risk to try. I was shocked at how quickly every one supported my efforts, but it didn't make me suspect Yitzi too much cuz there wasn't very much resistance to actually lynching him in the first place. I figured if he was an elim he'd at least have made some sort of play to save himself. Lopen was one of the only players who kept insisting that yitzi might be village and I'm still a little suspicious of him for not trying to turn the lynch since he seemed pretty convinced that he wasn't an elim.

To me, this post of Drake's sounds very much like he's trying to cast suspicion on the players who saved Yitzi.

I guess that's all because he really hasn't posted that much lol

At this point I'd really like to know Yitzi's alignment as well, but I don't know if there are anymore UIB agents or not.

4 hours ago, randuir said:

He could have been trying to pre-empt any concerted efforts to try and figure out who had protected against him. I can think of a couple of ways that might have exposed him, but all of those also have the risk of revealing all other roles that require the user to no protect themselves. 

I do believe I've mentioned that that plan was Yitzi's, not mine. The only addition I've made is that the politician could use it as a sort of pseudo-alignment scan.

Anyway, right now I'm suspicious of both PK and Drake. I don't have much to add to BR's analysis of PK, and he's my main suspect right now. I'd like to see his response to her analysis before committing to a vote on him though. 

As for Drake, it's mostly just a gut-feeling right now. I think the main reason I'm suspicious of him is this comment from N1:

This to me seems to be some reasonably well-done stealth suspicion-mongering. Then again, the same could probably be said about my post summing up the order of events of the vote switch-up.

I haven't found any things in his post that would justify a vote, but I've also not really found anything that makes me think he's village. I'm not going to vote on him until I've actually found something, but @Drake Marshall, if you do have a targeted role like UIB investigator, PC operator or firebrand, you might not want to target me. Just saying.

Also, @The Flash, once you've got time, I'd really appreciate a substantial post from you. Uptill now, about half your posts have basically been statements that you are very busy with stuff, but that you'll get around to giving more input at some point. The other half are your RNG motivated vote on BB, and you moving your vote in an effort to save ecthelion (and you wondering whether you should have stayed on BB after all, without providing any further reason). Actually, now that I've summed this up, I'm becoming slightly suspicious of you.

As for other people:

The only way I believe I can be sure about Lopen's alignment if he either has a role that proves him village, if I'm an elim myself, or if his character dies and his alignment is revealed. I've been wrong far too many times when one of these conditions weren't satisfied.

I'm currently leaning village on Brightness, but if Yitzi does prove to be evil after all, she'd be the first person I would be suspicious of after that.

At this point I'm suspicious of myself I've been so busy :blink: I look at each excuse and I'm like "darn I must look suspicious." the thing is, I have genuinely no idea what's happening. I know what's happening, but I don't really have any ideas for how to find elims. I really have been busy, and this game is fast paced. However, I find myself pro-cytonics. We have abilities, we might as well use them. I'm not really sure about all these arguments about whether we should use them or not. I'm not really feeling philosophical, lets just DO something. 

Alright, so I looked back through Bridge Boy's posts, and he was cleverly playing dumb about not knowing the name of the UIB Agent role (obviously he did know, since he was one), and he had three suspicions: Arinian (now dead), Yitzi, and PK.

However, only one person placed a vote on him, supposedly by a random number generator.  The Flash, I suspect that he scanned you because of your vote on him (thinking Yitzi and PK would be likely to be defending against him if they were Elim, but that you might think you were safe or have another action to place), and that you got him with a Cytonic defense, while someone else on your team placed the Elim kill against cloudjumper. @The Flash, I know you say you're busy, and I totally get that, but do you have any way to refute my theory?

I'm going to vote on PK. Killing our scanner because you were afraid he'd target you just sounds evil,  no matter what way you cut it. I'm just not sure why you'd admit it, but it could be an attempted trust-gaining play.

1 hour ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

@Jondesu PK already admitted to having blocked BB with cytonics last night

Darn, missed that (or rather, forgot when I was making that post).  Disregard all my reasoning about Flash, unless PK was lying for some reason, but I can't see why he'd do that. The Flash PK.  I agree that while coming out and admitting it would be a little weird for an Elim, I can't see any good reason to protect yourself from being scanned, which was the express reason he gave.

So from scanning and re-scanning the thread, I think I will vote on PK, just so that we get a lynch in. I do not like this bandwagon, though. I will edit in a bunch of quotes on this whole issue, but I am more leaning toward PK being innocent.

6 minutes ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

So from scanning and re-scanning the thread, I think I will vote on PK, just so that we get a lynch in. I do not like this bandwagon, though. I will edit in a bunch of quotes on this whole issue, but I am more leaning toward PK being innocent.

Emphasis my own. It's less of a bandwagon as it is about the fact that PK actually guarded against BB when he didn't have a good reason too other than being afraid he was gonna see his alignment, and wanting the UIB agent dead.

9 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I agree that while coming out and admitting it would be a little weird for an Elim, I can't see any good reason to protect yourself from being scanned, which was the express reason he gave.

What PK actually said is that BB's suspicion of him was the reason he protected against him, but this basically comes down to the same thing if you think about it. I still can't quite figure out why PK admitted to it though. There where some ways we might have been able to figure him out (or at least narrow the suspect list), but those methods would have required putting a lot of information on the table that the elims could have sued to figure out the roles of certain people. The only reason I can think of for Elim!PK to do this is because he expected to get put up for the lynch anyway, and wanted to use this to try and convince us that he wasn't an elim (because why would an elim give us incriminating info like that).

This is probably going to be my last post this cycle, so I'm going to abstain from voting. I wouldn't want to get in the way of any last-minute vote switches if PK does come with a good justification.

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Alright, so I looked back through Bridge Boy's posts, and he was cleverly playing dumb about not knowing the name of the UIB Agent role (obviously he did know, since he was one), and he had three suspicions: Arinian (now dead), Yitzi, and PK.

However, only one person placed a vote on him, supposedly by a random number generator.  The Flash, I suspect that he scanned you because of your vote on him (thinking Yitzi and PK would be likely to be defending against him if they were Elim, but that you might think you were safe or have another action to place), and that you got him with a Cytonic defense, while someone else on your team placed the Elim kill against cloudjumper. @The Flash, I know you say you're busy, and I totally get that, but do you have any way to refute my theory?

I didn't use cytonics last night. I didn't use any actions at all. I mentioned it right away. It was a hectic day, and I had enough time to say something about being busy before I was asked to help with something else, leaving me no time to try and puzzle out who I should use cytonics on. And I really did use a RNG. I was joking about actually trusting it. 

And I will vote pk  

Edited by The Flash

3 minutes ago, The Flash said:

I didn't use cytonics last night. I didn't use any actions at all. I mentioned it right away. It was a hectic day, and I had enough time to say something about being busy before I was asked to help with something else, leaving me no time to try and puzzle out who I should use cytonics on.

I figured I was still suspicious enough that nobody was more likely to be sending in an elim kill on me than an investigation, so I also did not use cytonics.

I used cytonics on Lopen. It was a random guess, but I figured that if anyone wanted to off me N1, it would be a more experienced player,  because I'm a decent N1 target.  Not dangerous enough for a fear - kill,  but experienced enough to not really be a giveaway

Do be careful about all the cytonics claims. This is the kind of information I mentioned before that the elims could potentially use to try and track down other UIB Agents (if we have any), or just generally others with roles.

Well, I've been kind of paying attention to this a little, and I do think that what PK did is very suspicious. Plus, I can't come up with anyone else who seemed suspicious to me. At least, no one that I'm willing to publicize my suspicions on yet and/or have enough evidence to really back up my suspicions for them being elims.

9 hours ago, randuir said:

As for other people:

Tbh, my post you quoted was a ploy to try and draw out PK's teammates(if he is evil of course) by appearing conflicted. It's worked before. :ph34r: So yeah, I think he just thought he was already going to be lynched, so he tried to get some trust by being open about killing BB.

I was talking about the plan of voting who should be scanned by the UIB Agent(s). I thought you came up with that one? >> I think I should probably go review a bit. :P

I kind of agree with you about Drake. Like, I haven't seen much from him that has really stuck out either way. Similarly, I don't have much thoughts about Flash either, since he hasn't been around very much.

I don't think I'm that hard to read. I guess that's nice of you to say though? :P But seriously, if PK is an Alien, wouldn't that help prove me some? I'm honestly a little surprised that you're still taking such a neutral stance on me when you say that PK is your biggest suspicion.

8 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Okay RP'd in the LG and now to post in here again lol (when you're holding a newborn so they'll sleep for several hours, you don't get to do much but sit and stare at a screen and make lots of posts lol)

@randuir my other main suspicion is Drake too, but I can't remember all of the reasons so I was gonna go do analysis on him too...

I don't know why exactly, but this comment, though it was meant sarcastically, just came off sounding fake to me. (And I mean fake as in an elim just saying this for fun lol) But probably just a random gut feeling here hehe. Most of the "advice" he gave in that post seemed relatively sound, but not really that helpful. Just, use your own judgment and firebrands don't use your power early on. Also, he seemed to be pushing for all villagers to use cytonics and no role actions. Which, to me, seems a little useless since you have to actually target specific players to even block anything.

I don't really get the comment about Arinian's attitude not seeming right for an elim since all he'd really done was vote Ecth without giving a reason. (Which, I guess, an elim might be more careful not to do but still not much to go on whereas Yitzi was actually contributing a lot to the conversation and seemed to be actively trying to find a way to use cytonics to our advantage)

I feel like his vote, and reasoning behind it, was simply trying to find something to say while helping to decide a lynch between 2 villagers. (I don't know if Yitzi is village, I was just starting to feel like he was and didn't want to lynch him cuz he seemed to be trying to help plan and add to the conversation even while the votes were piling up. I thought I should mention that a couple of players have already said "if Yitzi's evil than Brightness probably is too" but I feel like people are judging me too harshly for trying to save a villager who I actually put in jeopardy in the first place. I was the first to point out that his first plan had a major flaw and voted on him and several people followed. I just want to make sure that the elims don't kill yitzi, or hope he gets lynched just to take me down too.)

Okay this was already mentioned by Rand, but I'm doing analysis of all his posts so yeah lol...

This post gives me a super elim vibe because it sounds like he never even considered the fact that the quick change could've been aided by the elims. I feel like Drake is a good enough player to have already thought of this on his own were he village. I thought of it looking suspicious when I decided to try and save Yitzi, but I decided it was worth the risk to try. I was shocked at how quickly every one supported my efforts, but it didn't make me suspect Yitzi too much cuz there wasn't very much resistance to actually lynching him in the first place. I figured if he was an elim he'd at least have made some sort of play to save himself. Lopen was one of the only players who kept insisting that yitzi might be village and I'm still a little suspicious of him for not trying to turn the lynch since he seemed pretty convinced that he wasn't an elim.

To me, this post of Drake's sounds very much like he's trying to cast suspicion on the players who saved Yitzi.

I guess that's all because he really hasn't posted that much lol

At this point I'd really like to know Yitzi's alignment as well, but I don't know if there are anymore UIB agents or not.

On point 2, that last sentence is really odd. What makes you think that Yitzi going down will take you down with him? If the elims kill him/help lynch him, he'd definitely be village, so you'd have nothing to worry about. Am I misreading this or something?

I did post a pretty detailed explanation of what was going through my head when the last minute lynch change happened.

2 hours ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

This post strikes me as suspicious. There's actually legitimate evidence against PK, so a bandwagon forming on him isn't surprising. I don't know what quotes you were thinking of, but I have a feeling they don't really apply here.

1 hour ago, Seonid said:

I used cytonics on Lopen. It was a random guess, but I figured that if anyone wanted to off me N1, it would be a more experienced player,  because I'm a decent N1 target.  Not dangerous enough for a fear - kill,  but experienced enough to not really be a giveaway

I wondered why my head was feeling strange last night... :P

@TheMightyLopen 

On point 2, that last sentence is really odd. What makes you think that Yitzi going down will take you down with him? If the elims kill him/help lynch him, he'd definitely be village, so you'd have nothing to worry about. Am I misreading this or something?

I don't know what I was thinking when I said that because it was sometime in the middle of the night/morning when I was up with a newborn rocking him so he'd sleep lol

What I meant to say was if Yitzi dies, regardless of his alignment, I don't want others to judge me too much based on that. I was getting a village vibe on a player and decided to try and change the lynch I started. So, I just don't want people over emphasizing that connection since I still have no idea if he's actually a villager.

Everyone seems to be saying that I used cytonics on BB because I thought he was a UIB agent. The thought had never crossed my mind. All I knew was that every post, he expressed suspicion of me, but never actually voted on me. I figured he might be an alien because of that, and blocked him and drake (I'm a cyto adept)

Anyways, I'm probably going to die anyways, because that's a lousy excuse, but I'd recommend looking closely at Brightness Radiant, because she was the first to suggest I killed our UIB on purpose and then confessed to it.

4 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:
4 hours ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

Emphasis my own. It's less of a bandwagon as it is about the fact that PK actually guarded against BB when he didn't have a good reason too other than being afraid he was gonna see his alignment, and wanting the UIB agent dead.

:huh:Ok I dunno what I said about the quotes but what I think is that PK did something dumb (No offense) in that he thought BB was an alien. This is what you will probably say- why would he express suspicion of PK if he was planning to kill him as the alien? Well precisely that is why the alien would do it. If BB was an alien and killed PK then there would probably be some unconscious suspicion of him but reason would say something else.

"when he didn't have a good reason too other than being afraid he was gonna see his alignment," This entire episode does not really make sense to me, reading through the thread I had no clue that BB would be the UIB, and I do not think that PK did either, but a bunch of people are kind of making that assumption in the background. This entire thing bothers me. What I think happened is that BB and PK both made dumb decisions. (Still no offense <_<) I think what PK did was kick in his self-preservation instinct and use cytonics on anyone who expressed suspicion of him, but as a villager, your interest is in the village win not your own survival. This is what tipped me over into voting for PK. I have no idea what made bridge boy do what he did, possibly just inexperience...

As a side note, anyone here with the last name of Wilcox?

EDIT:

Everyone seems to be saying that I used cytonics on BB because I thought he was a UIB agent. The thought had never crossed my mind. All I knew was that every post, he expressed suspicion of me, but never actually voted on me. I figured he might be an alien because of that, and blocked him and drake (I'm a cyto adept)

Anyways, I'm probably going to die anyways, because that's a lousy excuse, but I'd recommend looking closely at Brightness Radiant, because she was the first to suggest I killed our UIB on purpose and then confessed to it.

Just a dumb decision, I think. (Still no offense)

Edited by Cluny the Scourge
I stepped away for dinner and got ninja'd by PK.