Quick Fix Game 24: Eliminating Elysium

Sart

40 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Huh, when you say it like that, it almost feels suspicious how quickly people switched over from Yitzi to Arin. Right after another, like a coordinated effort.

Now, I very highly doubt that everyone involved in that turnaround were elims. There were legitimate reasons to vote Arin instead of Yitzi, even if I didn't personally agree with them.

But the fact still remains. I haven't been in very many SE games... But in a good half of those I have played, people who dodge lynches like that turn out to be evil. Elims have something of an advantage when it comes to dodging an early lynch, because they have a team to help them out.

Earlier I said I didn't have much to go on Yitzi. Honestly I was mostly just breaking a tie. But now I'm wondering...

I think that part of the quick switch-around was caused by the fact that there where just a lot of people online. So once people started considering the possibility that Yitzi might not be evil, there where a lot of people around to make a turn-around happen. However, I'm not ruling your suspicion out. If I did think it was impossible for the elims to have manufactured this turn-around I wouldn't have posted that summary.

Edited by randuir

So, does anyone have any comments on Yitzi's idea for managing cytonics I mentioned above? it even has the added advantage that Politicians could use it to check for people intentionally trying to take them out by protecting against them after being asked not to (which can be an indication of someone being an elim, depending on the circumstances).

2 hours ago, randuir said:

So, does anyone have any comments on Yitzi's idea for managing cytonics I mentioned above? it even has the added advantage that Politicians could use it to check for people intentionally trying to take them out by protecting against them after being asked not to (which can be an indication of someone being an elim, depending on the circumstances).

Okay so I kinda think this idea is growing on me, but we only have 2 hours before the end of cycle and could we really get enough requests in before that for it to work? I'd be willing to try it if some other people will say they're on board.

@Drake Marshall I was shocked at how easily I was able to turn the lynch at the last minute...I kinda feel like either yitzi is an elim and the others just jumped on board with my "let's save yitzi cuz he might be village" campaign or that we just got kinda lucky that so many people were online at the time as Rand said. There was like 10 people online at the end of that cycle! :o

Thank goodness this cycle isn't over! I had my phone taken for the morning before I finished jobs, and then I got it back RIGHT before I went to go see wonder woman. Which was FANTASTIC anyway this cycle is almost over and I don't really have any genius ideas... so yeah. 

Hey, sorry for not being around much this Turn, I just haven't had any time to get on today. I should be around later tonight though.

Anyways, since the Night is almost over, the one big thing that I got from Arinian's lynch is that my suspicion of PK is stronger now, because he was throwing suspicion on me and Arinian for our votes of Ecthelion(I know Arin's wasn't the most logical vote, but the fact that he grouped us both as suspicious seemed weird to me).

I'll try to do a more in depth analysis of the voting when I get on again(assuming I'm alive >>).

Phineas took a drink, staring at Red's lifeless body. "Uh... did he just die?" he slurred drunkenly. Silence answered him. "Well then... I'm just gonna leave." He tried forcing open the door, but it wouldn't budge. He tried grabbing a chair.

Devon grabbed him before he could. "No one's leaving here. Devon Halberdeen, United Intelligence Bureau." He flipped open a badge. "This area is under my jurisdiction. I expect statements..."

It happened in an instant, Suddenly, mind blades shot out, ripping him to shreds. Phineas stared at the bloody corpse, and then at the gaping wound in his chest. "Oh... I died too." He quickly succumbed to his wounds, evidently being killed in the crossfire. And once again, the crowd began turning into a frenzy. It wouldn't be long until another death occured.

Cloudjumper has died. He was a Human Soldier
Bridge Boy has died. He was a Human UIB Agent

The day ends 24 hours from now. Good luck.

bla_1498431600.png

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. BrightnessRadiant: Raven
  2. Cloudjumper: Phineas Human Soldier
  3. Jondesu: Douglas Adams
  4. Asterion137: Ferb
  5. StrikerEZ: Nathaniel Southeast
  6. Drake Marshall
  7. Elenion: Plato Andersen
  8. Randuir: Tom Kress
  9. The Flash: Wally West
  10. Bridge Boy: Devon Halberdeen Human UIB Agent
  11. Paranoid King: DR01D
  12. TheMightyLopen: Alm
  13. Arinian: Red Fess Human Firebrand
  14. Yitzi2: Jack Cooper
  15. Cluny the Scourge: Cluny
  16. Seonid: Sam Reaves
  17. Ecthelion

So Brightness Radiant said before that she would be more wary of cloud in the future, plus cloud killed her last long game. Not the greatest evidence, I know, and i could be persuaded to change my vote if anyone has more concrete evidence.

17 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

So Brightness Radiant said before that she would be more wary of cloud in the future, plus cloud killed her last long game. Not the greatest evidence, I know, and i could be persuaded to change my vote if anyone has more concrete evidence.

Huh? More wary of cloud? If you're referring to what I think you are...that wasn't me who said that lol. Although, I did say he was a great player :P I don't actually act on revenge even if I joke about it ;)

Edit: I'm glad I didn't die, because I totally forgot to list my suspicions at the end of the cycle like I said I was going to do...oops :lol:

Edit #2 anyone have thoughts on which kill might have been the elim one?

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

9 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Huh? More wary of cloud? If you're referring to what I think you are...that wasn't me who said that lol. Although, I did say he was a great player :P I don't actually act on revenge even if I joke about it ;)

Edit: I'm glad I didn't die, because I totally forgot to list my suspicions at the end of the cycle like I said I was going to do...oops :lol:

Edit #2 anyone have thoughts on which kill might have been the elim one?

Since cloud was a soldier, he couldn't have died from cytonics. So either the PC agent killed someone or cloud was the elim kill.

We already lost a UIB agent? Our luck is just flawless, isn't it? And we probably don't even have another one -_-

But anyway... One of these kills probably wasn't done by an elim, yes?

If this is a result of cytonics, it would probably be nice for whoever guarded against one of these people with cytonics to speak up, so we at least know which of these two people were targeted by the elims.

If this is the work of a PC operator... You should probably stay hidden.

52 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

Since cloud was a soldier, he couldn't have died from cytonics. So either the PC agent killed someone or cloud was the elim kill.

I'm not sure we can immediately assume that cloud was killed by the elims just because they were a soldier. If my read of the rules is accurate, soldiers only get to use their powers if they are lynched.

1 hour ago, asterion137 said:

Actually, if my memory serves correctly, I'm pretty sure I was the one who made that remark about cloud, in the LG34 spec doc. So if you are going to vote on someone for it, then you should vote on me, not BR. That being said, please don't vote on me for it :P if I was going to kill someone because I thought they were dangerous, cloud probably wouldn't be my very first pick, even if they would be up there

Wasn't me. I honestly didn't even have time to send in any actions. I had a few minutes, and then I had to help with dinner. So... I think I'll try and figure out what the heck is going on tomorrow morning. Yay! 

Edited by The Flash

That's not good. This was what we were trying to avoid by using randuir's plan...but for it to happen N1 is just really unlucky(either that or whoever he targeted thought that he'd target them). :/ Elenion mentioned the UIB Agent scanning 3 or 4 players and then claiming, which would normally be a great strategy, but we weren't sure the UIB Agent would be able to make it that far without some way to protect them from being killed by Cytonics. I suppose BB or cloud could have been killed by a PC operator, but I don't think that's very likely, since it was N1.

And Asterion, I don't think Brightness would be so obvious. I mean, that kind of gets into IKYK territory, but I did like her involvement in the last minute voting D1. I don't know if she'd put herself out there like that if she was an elim.

Rand asked me why I don't like last minute vote changes, so I'll respond to that now. Multiple times I've been a part of last minute vote changes, and pretty much every time we lynched a villager and then those involved were under suspicion for it. I've also changed action orders last minute and had them backfire on me, so I almost never do anything within the last 30 minutes of a Turn. I just feel like I always pick wrong, because that's when my paranoia kicks in the hardest and I panic. >> To answer Brightness about me not switching too, I already explained that I didn't think PK and Arinian were evil teammates, and PK was my biggest suspicion. So by association, I was leaning village for Arinian. So yeah, I was leaning village for both, but I was still considering voting Arinian because I had a stronger feeling about Yitzi being village than Arinian, and Arinian's alignment might give me more information, but then Drake voted on Yitzi to break the tie and I was content to leave it at that since Yitzi had been the big topic of the Day. Also, I had to step away from my computer for the last little bit of the Cycle, so I didn't even see the last couple vote switches to Arinian.

Drake, I think Asterion meant that Could couldn't have been killed by Cytonics, so unless he was killed by a PC operator, he was the elim kill. And like I said above, I don't think a PC operator would kill so early(depends on the player, but most players wouldn't kill N1 I don't think).

As for my reads, Asterions posts to begin this Day seem villagery to me. Like, if cloud was the elim kill, I don't think they'd try to pin it on someone so soon to start they Day. Like I mentioned above, I'm leaning village for Brightness, since I haven't really gotten any elim vibes from her and her involvement in the last minute change read village to me. I'm still leaning village on Yitzi as well, even with the vote switch. It didn't really seem like an elim getting saved from teammates, especially since I'm leaning village on Brightness and we now know that BB was village.

Suspicions, PK is my biggest one, like I said at the end of the Night. Actually, thinking about it, BB mentioned suspicion of PK a couple times, so it's possible he tried to scan PK and PK blocked him with Cytonics. I feel like that's a bit of a reach, since we have mentioned being careful with who you target and mention as suspicious or whatever, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Other than that, I don't have much. Randuir is tough to read, but I did think his plan to protect UIB Agents was pretty good. Everyone else, just post more opinions on players. :P

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

We already lost a UIB agent? Our luck is just flawless, isn't it? And we probably don't even have another one -_-

But anyway... One of these kills probably wasn't done by an elim, yes?

If this is a result of cytonics, it would probably be nice for whoever guarded against one of these people with cytonics to speak up, so we at least know which of these two people were targeted by the elims.

If this is the work of a PC operator... You should probably stay hidden.

I'm not sure we can immediately assume that cloud was killed by the elims just because they were a soldier. If my read of the rules is accurate, soldiers only get to use their powers if they are lynched.

Actually, if my memory serves correctly, I'm pretty sure I was the one who made that remark about cloud, in the LG34 spec doc. So if you are going to vote on someone for it, then you should vote on me, not BR. That being said, please don't vote on me for it :P if I was going to kill someone because I thought they were dangerous, cloud probably wouldn't be my very first pick, even if they would be up there

Cloudjumper was not a cytonics kill.  I know this because soldiers do not have any active abilities.  It could have been the PC operator, though.

10 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Cloudjumper was not a cytonics kill.  I know this because soldiers do not have any active abilities.  It could have been the PC operator, though.

You're not the only one to have said this, but you were the most recent, so I'm quoting you. I agree with this basic assessment that cloudjumper had to be the Elim kill, unless a PCO jumped into action fast. I hope they didn't, since that's a dangerous thing to do.

Sucks to have lost our UIB Agent so fast. I'm hoping BB didn't get killed by being obvious about who he was planning to scan, but I also hope he left us a clue of some type. I don't know if I'll get a chance to comb for it myself, though.

The chances of finding out what’s really going on in the universe are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied.

26 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Ohhh good point I wasn't thinking :P

I guess that means cloud was probably the eliminator kill, you are right. Unless the PC operator was taking an unorthodox approach.

2 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Oops.

I think that was my fault. He kept saying how suspicious he was of me, so I guarded against him.

Hope we have a spare...

...I guess it wasn't a reach then. I didn't really expect you to reveal that though. :mellow: Uhh, why did you do that? Why would him stating suspicion of you cause you to use Cytonics against him? I don't understand. >> Like, I don't understand why you'd guard against him unless you're an Alien, but if you're an Alien, I don't really see the point in revealing you guarded against him, unless you're just going for an IKYK.

Thoughts everyone? I'm still leaning Alien personally, but, it's kinda weird.