Quick Fix Game 24: Eliminating Elysium

Sart

Yeah, I'm willing to switch from Yitzi to Arinian.

I have suspicions for both of them and Yitzi seems to at least be trying to help out. Which could mean he's an Alien trying to look good so he doesn't get lynched. But still voting on Arinian. Just saying, I'm keeping an eye on you...

And PK. Him too.

Night One:

Everyone started shouting all at once. Accusations started getting hurled left and right. A voice broke through the crowd, "We need to blow up the facility! It's the only way to stop the aliens." Red Fess acted quickly, putting his body between the console and the mob.

"Don't come any closer!" he threatened darkly. "You're all aliens, aren't you? That's why you're trying to use the console, you're trying to kill us! I won't let that happen. Even if I have to kill every last one of..." Raven intervened, tackling the madman to the ground. The mob quickly descended. Unfortunately, Red Fess bled red.

Arinian was killed. He was a Human Firebrand.

Vote Count:

Ecthelion (1):  Arinian
Brightness Radiant (1): Seonid
Yitzi (3): Jondesu, Flash, Drake Marshall
Drake Marshall (1): StrikerEZ
Arinian (4): Paranoid King, Yitzi, Brightness Radiant, Randuir, Bridge Boy
Paranoid King (1): Lopen

The cycle will end 24 hours from now.

bla_1498345200.png

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. BrightnessRadiant: Raven
  2. Cloudjumper: Phineas
  3. Jondesu: Douglas Adams
  4. Asterion137: Ferb
  5. StrikerEZ: Nathaniel Southeast
  6. Drake Marshall
  7. Elenion: Plato Andersen
  8. Randuir: Tom Kress
  9. The Flash: Wally West
  10. Bridge Boy: Devon Halberdeen
  11. Paranoid King: DR01D
  12. TheMightyLopen: Alm
  13. Arinian: Red Fess Human Firebrand
  14. Yitzi2: Jack Cooper
  15. Cluny the Scourge: Cluny
  16. Seonid: Sam Reaves
  17. Ecthelion

Edited by Sart
Made player list a spoiler

Just now, Paranoid King said:

That was fast...

QFs always catch me off guard because of how fast they move.

Stinks to have lost a Firebrand, but they're a bit less important than a UIB Agent, so it's not too bad. Most D1 lynches hit villagers, unfortunately.

Everyone please consider the strategies suggested last night. Use cytonics wisely but often, if not every time, if you don't have a role, and be careful who you target if you do have a role.

Note, the next line is completely joking.

Arinian was innocent? That means that Yitzi must be evil! Murderate him!

Note, the previous line was completely joking.

So since that failed, is there anything we can get from that? I'm not too good at the analysis bit, so I can't say much about it.

Except that we can't just accuse whoever voted on him, because he was legitimately looking suspicious. So not sure how much info we can get from this.

Well hmm...I was mostly just trying to save yitzi cuz I was starting to get a village vibe from him and I think I started the votes on him anyways so I decided to see if I could change it...who knew I had so much power lol

I hate losing villagers but I did suspect arinian for voting on someone who wasn't really even under suspicion...at the point that he voted on Ecth there were already two poke votes on him, so I just thought he could possibly be an elim taking advantage of the situation -_-

I think there's actually a lot to look at in the last cycle..I'll be posting analysis in a bit.

Hmm, that's interesting. I'm still fairly new at this, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this. It mostly seems like this vote was a last minute ditch to get Yitzi unlynched, but then when Arinian turned out to be village, that would've immediately implicated Brightness Radiant, who started the last minute switcharoo on the votes. I don't think that's a very smart elim move, because if both Brightness and Yitzi were elims, they would've just given themselves away. Plus, I'm getting a village read on Brightness, and she's been elim the past two times, which doesn't necessarily prove her innocent, but I think it makes it less likely for her to be an elim again.

As for Yitzi, I'm getting a gut village read on him as well. He tried so hard to make all these plans for village to hunt down elims, an de I don't think an elim would give such detailed plans like that (which would make for a great elim move, especially if they left out the little ways they planned to exploit the plan), but this move with Brightness and my gut read on Yitzi makes me less suspicious of the two of them. I'm definitely feeling village on Brightness, though I fear if we lynch Yitzi and he does turn out to be alien, that'll implicate Brightness.

That was interesting. :blink: I'm not exactly sure what to take from that. I have some thoughts on all of this, but I'm not sure I want to post them right away. If the Aliens know who all we suspect/trust, it'll be easier for them to avoid getting killed by our Cytonics. I'll probably still post my reads, but closer to rollover to give them less time to plan(assuming I can be on then, but we'll see).

The UIB being an alignment scanner is huge, and I think randuir's plan about a public vote might be a good way to go to protect them from being killed by Cytonics. I'd still like to look back over everyone's strategy ideas, but I think this one is the most pressing topic, so when I get around to talking strategy, I'll probably focus on that. In the mean time, what are everyone else's thoughts on this plan?

41 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

The UIB being an alignment scanner is huge, and I think randuir's plan about a public vote might be a good way to go to protect them from being killed by Cytonics. I'd still like to look back over everyone's strategy ideas, but I think this one is the most pressing topic, so when I get around to talking strategy, I'll probably focus on that. In the mean time, what are everyone else's thoughts on this plan?

Quickly looking back over the thread, I couldn't find the plan. But if it involves the UIB saying who he's going to target, he won't be able to target elims, because they'll kill him. If it involves everyone else saying who they'll target, the elims can pick and choose who they want to kill, with no risk of being hit by cytonics.

But again, I don't know what the exact plan was. Could you sum it up for me?

22 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Quickly looking back over the thread, I couldn't find the plan. But if it involves the UIB saying who he's going to target, he won't be able to target elims, because they'll kill him. If it involves everyone else saying who they'll target, the elims can pick and choose who they want to kill, with no risk of being hit by cytonics.

But again, I don't know what the exact plan was. Could you sum it up for me?

I believe it was that we could have a public vote for who would be scanned, so that the targets wouldn't use Cytonics and kill our scanner(s). Even if the elims killed the target, if there were any times that they didn't kill the target, it could be very telling.

27 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I believe it was that we could have a public vote for who would be scanned, so that the targets wouldn't use Cytonics and kill our scanner(s). Even if the elims killed the target, if there were any times that they didn't kill the target, it could be very telling.

Except it's then an IKYK situation by definition, and they could kill someone else just to get us suspicious. Any public discussion of who will scan or be scanned is probably too dangerous to be worthwhile, even with safeguards to keep the scanning roles themselves safe.

Also, how are you expecting the results to be announced? There's no PMs, so no trusted contacts that could reveal things for you. It's a recipe for disaster. Having them choose who to scan on their own and when to come forward (if needed, if they can't just get the lynch going on that person without revealing themselves) is going to be much better.

Edited by Jondesu

Hmmm... the best solution might be to have the UIB scan players until they get an Alien, then claim in-thread to get the alien lynched as well as hard-clear a bunch of players. We lose the UIB, but with only 3 or 4 Aliens in this game it would be a brutal hit to the elims.

Disclaimer: if I say something totally stupid in the next few days, it's because I'm running on very little to no sleep from helping my sis with her newborn. :P haha (so if you see something that your just like huh? Has brightness lost her sanity? Than the answer is probably yes...yes i have haha :lol:)

Hmmmm I don't really see how the plan of having the UIB agent scan a player who we all vote on as being very helpful except for the fact that we could learn something from the votes I guess? It just seems kinda scary to leave someone knowingly unguarded. I don't like plans like that. The aliens can just pick off the targets one by one or not kill them and then make that person look guilty so we end up lynching them, unless the UIB agent reveals that the player isn't an alien, but then that forces the UIB agent to step forward and endanger themselves. 

I'm just curious .. @Sart I know you clarified that the UIB agent is indeed an alignment scanner like I originally asked, but how would it show up to a UIB agent if the aliens have regular roles too? Will it just say they are a firebrand alien or something? 

Okay so I do agree that we probably shouldn't really post our suspicions until at least right before the end of the cycle, so that the aliens don't know too much of what each player is planning on doing tonight. But we probably should all post some sort of suspicions list right before the cycle ends in case a bunch of people don't make it to the next cycle lol. 

Ninja'd by @Elenion oooo yes! That sounds much better!

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Yeah, I agree with Elenion's input on when a UIB agent should claim. I've been trying to figure out a way a UIB agent could sneak in his info without revealing himself, but I haven't had any success yet.

Yitzi also made an interesting suggestion at the end of the cycle. I'll repeat my understanding of it here as he said he wouldn't be able to post. Yitzi suggested that everyone (meaning everyone, not just those who have roles) make a request to a single person that he doesn't ward against them. These requests are public, of course, so if anyone decides to ward against the person making the request, we'll probably know that he did so*.

The big risk is that the elims could also easily make a request to their intended target, but a pattern like that might become noticeable after a bit.

Several people have brought up that they don't like plans that involve the person being scanned knowing he is going to be scanned, and this is the best alternative I can think of.

As I said before, all credit goes to Yitzi for this idea.

*Technically, there is no differentiation between kills, but if there is only 1 kill, we can probably assume it was the elims trying to frame someone, rather than an intentional cytonics kill.

I'ts been 3 hours, so I'm pretty certain making a double post at this point would be allowed. I've done a quick reread of C1, but at this point there isn't much that stands out to me as useful and/or alignment indicative, at least with the current knowledge available to us.

@TheMightyLopen, could you explain why exactly you are against last-minute vote-changes? Its understandable if you don't want to look like you're trying to sneak something past the radar, but you used it as an argument during the Yitzi discussion, and at that point there where about 4 other players also online and monitoring the thread, so a decision to change your vote wouldn't have been considered sneaky at the time.

Also, Here's a time-line of the vote changes from the final couple of hours of the game, in case it helps anyone with analysis.

The vote tally about 2 hours before the end of the cycle, from just after Elenion retracted his vote on cloud jumper:

Spoiler

Vote tally:

Ecthelion(1): PK, Lopen, Arinian

Brightness(1): Seonid

Yitzi(4): Brightness, Bridge Boy, Jondesu, The flash

Bridge Boy(0): The Flash

Lopen(0): Randuir

Drake Marshall(1): StrikerEZ

Arinian(1): PK

Cloudjumper(0): Asterion137Elenion

Paranoid King(1): Lopen

• About an hour before the end of the day, Yitzi adresses the issue of him not really defending himself from votes. He then proceeds to vote on arinian.
  • BR switches to arinian as well within seconds after yitizi's vote (claiming to have been ninja'd by Yitzi's vote).
    • This brings it to a 3:3 draw between Arinian and Yitzi
  • A bit of discussion occurs about what would happen in case of a tie.
  • Drake steps in and places his vote on Yitzi to break the tie. He states that Arinian's attitude doesn't fell elimy to him, but also that he doesn't have too much to go on with Yitzi either.
  • Sart steps in and answers a bunch of questions. He clarifies that in case of a tie, 1 person in the tie is randomly lynched.
  • Randuir votes on Arinian, causing a 4:4 tie (if memory serves, there was less than 10 minutes left in the cycle at this point)
  • BB switches his vote from Yitzi to Arinian, sealing the lynch on Arinian a minute or so after Randuir's post. He states that he is suspicious of Yitzi, Arinian and Pk, but is more suspicious of Arinian at that moment in time.

@randuir also yitzi voted on arinian after I said I wanted to switch my vote, and I had said I would probably pick arinian or pk. So that may be why yitzi went ahead and voted arinian in his Ninja'd post before me.

@TheMightyLopen I'm also kinda curious as to why you didn't switch your vote to try and save yitzi after you posted several times stating that you thought he was village? I kind of get the feeling that we were about to lynch one of two villagers last cycle and you didn't really care which one died, but you wanted to seem like you thought they were village in case either one was lynched. :ph34r: oops, I just posted a suspicion didn't I :P

4 hours ago, randuir said:

I'ts been 3 hours, so I'm pretty certain making a double post at this point would be allowed. I've done a quick reread of C1, but at this point there isn't much that stands out to me as useful and/or alignment indicative, at least with the current knowledge available to us.

@TheMightyLopen, could you explain why exactly you are against last-minute vote-changes? Its understandable if you don't want to look like you're trying to sneak something past the radar, but you used it as an argument during the Yitzi discussion, and at that point there where about 4 other players also online and monitoring the thread, so a decision to change your vote wouldn't have been considered sneaky at the time.

Also, Here's a time-line of the vote changes from the final couple of hours of the game, in case it helps anyone with analysis.

The vote tally about 2 hours before the end of the cycle, from just after Elenion retracted his vote on cloud jumper:

Hide contents

Vote tally:

Ecthelion(1): PK, Lopen, Arinian

Brightness(1): Seonid

Yitzi(4): Brightness, Bridge Boy, Jondesu, The flash

Bridge Boy(0): The Flash

Lopen(0): Randuir

Drake Marshall(1): StrikerEZ

Arinian(1): PK

Cloudjumper(0): Asterion137Elenion

Paranoid King(1): Lopen

• About an hour before the end of the day, Yitzi adresses the issue of him not really defending himself from votes. He then proceeds to vote on arinian.
  • BR switches to arinian as well within seconds after yitizi's vote (claiming to have been ninja'd by Yitzi's vote).
    • This brings it to a 3:3 draw between Arinian and Yitzi
  • A bit of discussion occurs about what would happen in case of a tie.
  • Drake steps in and places his vote on Yitzi to break the tie. He states that Arinian's attitude doesn't fell elimy to him, but also that he doesn't have too much to go on with Yitzi either.
  • Sart steps in and answers a bunch of questions. He clarifies that in case of a tie, 1 person in the tie is randomly lynched.
  • Randuir votes on Arinian, causing a 4:4 tie (if memory serves, there was less than 10 minutes left in the cycle at this point)
  • BB switches his vote from Yitzi to Arinian, sealing the lynch on Arinian a minute or so after Randuir's post. He states that he is suspicious of Yitzi, Arinian and Pk, but is more suspicious of Arinian at that moment in time.

Huh, when you say it like that, it almost feels suspicious how quickly people switched over from Yitzi to Arin. Right after another, like a coordinated effort.

Now, I very highly doubt that everyone involved in that turnaround were elims. There were legitimate reasons to vote Arin instead of Yitzi, even if I didn't personally agree with them.

But the fact still remains. I haven't been in very many SE games... But in a good half of those I have played, people who dodge lynches like that turn out to be evil. Elims have something of an advantage when it comes to dodging an early lynch, because they have a team to help them out.

Earlier I said I didn't have much to go on Yitzi. Honestly I was mostly just breaking a tie. But now I'm wondering...

Well, easy way to resolve this I guess. I recommend the UIB agent scans Yitzi.

But don't necessarily heed me. Personally I'd rather the elims be a little bit uncertain about who we scan.