Quick Fix Game 24: Eliminating Elysium

Sart

Plato remained calm. One alien had already died, but there were bound to be more. An operation with this large of scope required several participants. He scanned the crowd, eyes level, trying to look nonthreatening. He Sensed outwards. His powers were confined to this room somehow. Based on the reports, there were devices that could inhibit faster-than-light travel through unknown means. Still, those would normally dampen all Cytonics, which hadn't happened yet. He kept his guard up, there was too much activity to tell who was where,

Then he spotted it. A small glimmer of light, a way out of this Cytonic net. He quickly investigated it. He needed to expand the hole, teleport out, and get help here. He started pulling, desperately trying to escape. He didn't realize it was a trap until too late. He panicked desperately trying to get up his defenses. He wasn't fast enough.

Elenion was killed. He was a Phone Company Operator.

The day will end 24 hours from now.

bla_1498780800.png

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. BrightnessRadiant: Raven
  2. Cloudjumper: Phineas Human Soldier
  3. Jondesu: Douglas Adams
  4. Asterion137: Ferb
  5. StrikerEZ: Nathaniel Southeast
  6. Drake Marshall: Torin Alien Firebrand
  7. Elenion: Plato Andersen Phone Company Operator
  8. Randuir: Tom Kress Human Soldier
  9. The Flash: Wally West
  10. Bridge Boy: Devon Halberdeen Human UIB Agent
  11. Paranoid King: DR01D Human Cyto Adept
  12. TheMightyLopen: Alm
  13. Arinian: Red Fess Human Firebrand
  14. Yitzi2: Jack Cooper
  15. Cluny the Scourge: Cluny
  16. Seonid: Sam Reaves
  17. Ecthelion

If it was a cytonics backfire, the elims didn't kill last night, and it was also probably his first time killing.  And it would require him to have killed after he said the PC shouldn't kill.  I'm inclined to say it was the elim kill.

Just now, Yitzi2 said:

If it was a cytonics backfire, the elims didn't kill last night, and it was also probably his first time killing.  And it would require him to have killed after he said the PC shouldn't kill.  I'm inclined to say it was the elim kill.

So did they hit him by blind luck? Ugh. 

2 minutes ago, The Flash said:

So did they hit him by blind luck? Ugh. 

I would presume either that, or his post about PCO strategy, matching what the PCO had been doing, was their clue (though that requires fairly tight timing).  Or they have a UIB.

Potential culprits who were on since that post: BR, Asterion, Striker, you, me, Lopen, Seonid...and Ecth is borderline.

Edited by Yitzi2

3 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

I would presume either that, or his post about PCO strategy, matching what the PCO had been doing, was their clue.

Yeah... good point. Actually didn't notice that lol. Well, now what? Our most powerful roles are dead, and we've only killed one alien. I'm still worried they're going to blow up this station!

I'll tentatively vote Cluny based on 

1. he said BR was bordering on mayoring after she asked me to explain the reasoning behind my vote, which feels like an elim trying to stop analysis of possible elim redirection of the lynch vote.

2.I feel like his vote on drake was a bus vote because of its timing

3. A healthy dose of gut read

Hmmm...that sucks. (thanks captain obvious)

I'm not sure what to make of this. Of course, I never am, but still. That's beside the point, however. 

I think Yitzi is right that this was probably the elim kill, not a Cytonics backfire. Like he said, it wouldn't make sense for Elenion to say that the PCO shouldn't use their kill, then go ahead and use their kill. However, it could've been a good ploy by him to remove suspicion away from himself as the PCO by actually using the kill, which conflicts with his posted thoughts on the matter. I bring this up, because I protected myself against Elenion last night, so I'm not sure whether or not this is the elim kill or a failed kill attempt against me by Elenion. I felt I might as well confess, just to see what everyone else thinks.

I hope it was the elim kill, and I do think it probably was, because if it wasn't, then that means that Elenion decided I was suspicious enough to kill me, which worries me. 

EDIT: I know how we can solve this

@Sart If you defend against someone using cytonics, and they use an action against you, are you notified of this? 

I wasn't notified of anything, so that means that if Sart answers yes, it was definitely the elim kill. If he answers no, then it could still be either one.

Edited by StrikerEZ

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hmmm...that sucks. (thanks captain obvious)

I'm not sure what to make of this. Of course, I never am, but still. That's beside the point, however. 

I think Yitzi is right that this was probably the elim kill, not a Cytonics backfire. Like he said, it wouldn't make sense for Elenion to say that the PCO shouldn't use their kill, then go ahead and use their kill. However, it could've been a good ploy by him to remove suspicion away from himself as the PCO by actually using the kill, which conflicts with his posted thoughts on the matter. I bring this up, because I protected myself against Elenion last night, so I'm not sure whether or not this is the elim kill or a failed kill attempt against me by Elenion. I felt I might as well confess, just to see what everyone else thinks.

I hope it was the elim kill, and I do think it probably was, because if it wasn't, then that means that Elenion decided I was suspicious enough to kill me, which worries me. 

EDIT: I know how we can solve this

@Sart If you defend against someone using cytonics, and they use an action against you, are you notified of this? 

I wasn't notified of anything, so that means that if Sart answers, yes, it was definitely the elim kill. If he answers no, then it could still be either one.

You will not be notified if you successfully defend against someone.

2 minutes ago, Sart said:

You will not be notified if you successfully defend against someone.

Darn, that doesn't help at all. Thanks for the answer anyway.

I'd like to believe it was the elim kill, because the alternative doesn't make much sense to me.

Ah :( I'm super annoyed we just lost our PC operator. That's another point in my suspicions that they have a UIB agent, but then again Yitzi might be right about them catching on to Elenion's theory about the PC stemming from him having that role. *shrugs

He said he was gonna guard against Ecth last night, so if anyone did kill him with cytonics it's probably not someone as obvious as the one he mentioned in thread. Granted, it's still a possibility. But, just because he asked Ecth not to guard doesn't mean he would've directed his action towards him. On the contrary, I feel he would've picked an unsuspecting target.

So I think it was probably the elim kill, unless they have a UIB agent and planned to block him instead of put in the kill, hoping to mess with our heads if they successfully used cytonics on him? But that would require them to actually know his target. Or have all of the elims use cytonics on Len last round.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant
Spelling

Okay, well, like I said in the LG thread, I am starting to feel a little better, so I should be able to contribute more(hopefully :P).

It looks like the possibilities have been covered pretty well for how the elims got Elenion. I'm leaning towards them having a UIB Agent I think, since what Len said last Cycle wasn't much of a giveaway. It is possible they targeted him for that, but it's thin.

Anyways, at this point, I'm pretty trusting of Brightness and Asterion, from tone reads and because of their part in lynching Drake, since they were the foundation of that lynch, IMO. After that, I'm still leaning village for Yitzi, and Striker's claim of guarding against Len last Night reads village to me, so a village lean on him as well(although if the elims knew he was a PC operator, then he may have been protecting himself, but unless I see a reason to suspect that was the case, I'm sticking with a village lean).

That leaves: Jondesu, Flash, Cluny, Seonid, and Ecthelion. Whenever I get around to doing some analysis, these will be my focus. I don't think they've really posted very much, so it'll be tough to get anything solid. I was somewhat suspicious of Cluny early on, but his part in the Drake lynch is making me reconsider. I believe he was the 3rd vote, and in my experience, bus votes tend to be a little later than that(I realize mine was a later vote, but oh well :P). It's still possible it was a bus, but I'd like to hear more from him before I'd consider voting on him.

I'll go ahead and put my vote on Ecthelion for now, since I can't remember him contributing much. @Ecthelion III, what are your thoughts on the game so far? Specifically, any opinion on Jon, Flash, Cluny, and Seonid?

@TheMightyLopen You're right, I haven't been contributing as much as I should. Partly because I have to finalize my [rather convoluted] LG36 before signups go up in not too long and partly because of RL stuff. I do have rather strong suspicions on one of those people you named but I'd rather not say anything until I have a strong argument. I have been getting village vibes from Jon, for what it's worth.

5 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

@TheMightyLopen You're right, I haven't been contributing as much as I should. Partly because I have to finalize my [rather convoluted] LG36 before signups go up in not too long and partly because of RL stuff. I do have rather strong suspicions on one of those people you named but I'd rather not say anything until I have a strong argument. I have been getting village vibes from Jon, for what it's worth.

Hmm. Well, whenever you get the chance, I'm curious to hear what you have to say. I'll go ahead and remove my vote I suppose. :P Ecthelion

I have yet to go over the others posts, but I might as well hit another on the list. @Seonid, any opinions? Anyone you would like to lynch? Do you have any players you trust?

16 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

I'm sorry to say that Lopen is actually my other elim read rn. Sorry bro but you're giving me those Evil vibes lol....I'll give analysis in a bit.

Obviously I haven't been analyzing much this game, but I took a look back at Lopen's post earlier this cycle, and the way he references the odds of the Elims having a UIB agent, and the slim chances of them finding Len by chance, reads like an Elim who knows what his team did and is trying to make it seem plausible or else divert from whatever they actually did. Sorry, Lopen, but I'm getting an Elim vibe from you as well.

Please esshplain youssefs.

I have actually wanted to vote on asterion for a while (and him voting on me doesn't hurt either)

1. Lurking.

2. Gut read

3. Both him and BR are trying to push the issue of my thoughts on BR trying to drive votes, which I already stated as just a kind of half-formed theory, and not an actual suspicion. I do not think that BR is an elim, she is being more helpful than she was in LG:34 but I think people are trying to besmirch my name by pushing this.

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Obviously I haven't been analyzing much this game, but I took a look back at Lopen's post earlier this cycle, and the way he references the odds of the Elims having a UIB agent, and the slim chances of them finding Len by chance, reads like an Elim who knows what his team did and is trying to make it seem plausible or else divert from whatever they actually did. Sorry, Lopen, but I'm getting an Elim vibe from you as well.

Actually I mentioned the theory of the elims having a UIB agent like 2 cycles ago and have been saying something about it in each cycle since so..lol

Wow...I didn't expect everyone to follow my lead so easily lol

While I am suspicious of Lopen, would everyone not mind giving a little better reasons or analysis for voting Lopen? I don't really want people voting him just because I did. (I could have intentionally gotten drake killed for trust purposes...just saying)

I'm gonna do some analysis later too :D

1 hour ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

Please esshplain youssefs.

I have actually wanted to vote on asterion for a while (and him voting on me doesn't hurt either)

1. Lurking.

2. Gut read

3. Both him and BR are trying to push the issue of my thoughts on BR trying to drive votes, which I already stated as just a kind of half-formed theory, and not an actual suspicion. I do not think that BR is an elim, she is being more helpful than she was in LG:34 but I think people are trying to besmirch my name by pushing this.

I don't think I'm lurking that hard...I think I've made at least a post a day. I just keep the tab open on my laptop so it looks like I'm on 24/7

Okay I'm suspicious of Lopen but not seeing any resistance to his lynch after the elims have already lost one teammate kinda stabs my paranoia nerve lol @TheMightyLopen I'd also like to hear your defense.

Here are my reasons for voting Lopen:

1. He seemed to place suspicion on PK cycle 1 because of his strong defense of Ecth (saying maybe he already knew his alignment) but then he has continually claimed Yitzi was probably a villager and didn't even try to help with saving him with that quick turn around lynch we had) His posts concerning Yitzi also seemed to give off the vibe that he knew Yitzi's alignment.

2. Said he didn't think that PK and Arinian (both or who are now dead and were villagers) would both be elims together...so possibly setting up for if one got lynched and flipped village than he could safely claim to now suspect the other one next leading to 2 mis-lynched villagers.

3. Regardless of being less active for good irl reasons, he's still seemed to piggy back a lot of others ideas and opinions this game which I feel he might do as an elim if he doesn't have time for intricate and diabolical planning lol. *shrugs

4. Aaaaaand starting night one after Arinian was lynched and showed up village...he proceeded to continue to sow the aforementioned seeds of doubt concerning PK's alignment.

5. He then voted PK the next day cycle to seal the plan lolz (yes it is my theory and I'm sticking with it haha)

6. Votes Drake but very late and then says he's wary of the lynch cuz Cluny voted for Drake...but he has yet to explain his suspicions of Cluny as far as I know?

7. Rejoices at getting an elim firebrand and says that chances of having another one is low (I disagree though especially if somehow they DO have a UIB agent, then I would definitely consider there to be another elim firebrand since it's less of a useful role although not completely. I could see the elims having 2 of them if they also had a UIB or possibly even another more dangerous role.)

Especially now that Sart clarified role madness, there is probably still another village firebrand as well.

So there we go...all my reasons lol

Edited by BrightnessRadiant
Spelling

2 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Actually I mentioned the theory of the elims having a UIB agent like 2 cycles ago and have been saying something about it in each cycle since so..lol

Yeah, I know, I saw you'd mentioned that, and I remembered it being brought up. I meant that the way he talked about it sounded like an Elim.

Edited by Jondesu