The World of Tenov-Worldbuilding project

Dragon314

16 minutes ago, Dragon314 said:

So far, we have amulets and creatures as the only magic in-world. This suggests some holdover from a past age. Perhaps we could have @Hemalurgic_Headshot throw some ruins in the jungles of region four to suggest that magic was once common.

Will do. It will have something to do with the Poluni River, how it runs underground... I'm getting creative tingles.

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

I think all non-humans have magic, but perhaps it's enhanced by said amulets.

Why not humans:(

In all seriousness, I think that humans should have natural magic, its just very, very rare. Like one in hundred thousand. 

How many humans are there on Tenov?:huh:

I'm guessing somewhere in the two hundred thousands.

1 hour ago, Dragon314 said:

I don't think the Satori are a magical rac, if that's okay with you. I prefer to think of them as ihyperintelligent birds that use air amulets to fly. Of course, that's just my fancy, ultimately, it's up to you.

Yeah, that sounds better. I'm considering making that magic innate, so they have enough magic to fly insanely long distances from coast to coast while bearing cargo. Otherwise, every single adult bird would have air amulets, which might not work if the amulets are supposed to be rare.

I'm thinking for one of the animals in Ketawri to be the jisca (pronounce the 'sc' like 'scorn', plural: jiscan, 'sc' has the 'c' silent). It's an antelope/deer formed animal, with scales like a crocodile down it's spine and the front of each of its legs. It also has a crocodilian tail. The head is also plated in such scales, but snout is actually a beak though the whole head still has a deer-ish shape. I'm thinking that one of it's hooves will  actually be a panther paw, and depending on which leg will have some significance to the tribes. It's not hunted, but it has access to the magic there...somehow, and participates in helping/protecting the guru figure.

15 minutes ago, cloudjumper said:

Hey! I'd be interested in doing this! Can I join?

If I can, then can I take the ocean between regions 1 and 3, or is that not allowed?

If you want to take the ocean, you sure can. However, as region 4 is the only mostly complete region, you could also help make kingdoms, political systems, animals and more. Basically do what you want that adds to what has already been created.

@StormyQueen

@cloudjumper

Edited by Dragon314

1 hour ago, Arraenae said:

Because of the way economies work, places where the Satori trade in are going to have more wealth and industries compared to their surroundings. Who here wants the Satori to trade with one of their cities?

Most of the Holaki islands are undeveloped, with the exception of the Corilla kings, who each rule an island with a thriving economy. 

Well, I'll just jump right in a make a new species of animal. Question though, would it be better to create things more on the forum, or just straight on the wiki? I'm a bit confuzzled.

Anyway. Species. There is a specific type of fish which has scales on its body which move with the waves, allowing it to detect movements in the water from a long way away as well as steer using the currents. Any ideas for names? I am not very good at naming things...

1 minute ago, StormyQueen said:

Well, I'll just jump right in a make a new species of animal. Question though, would it be better to create things more on the forum, or just straight on the wiki? I'm a bit confuzzled.

Anyway. Species. There is a specific type of fish which has scales on its body which move with the waves, allowing it to detect movements in the water from a long way away as well as steer using the currents. Any ideas for names? I am not very good at naming things...

Straight on the wiki, at least, that's what I've been doing. If it applies to all of Tenov, discuss it in-thread so we all have input, but if it is just your own region, then have at it.

I'm Actually currently renovating the map for Areikanar.

You see, the map it currently has was taken straight from the world map and drawn on. however, because of its position near the side of the map, the distortion is incredible. So, I'm attempting to make one that's not distorted. I'll put it on as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, Dragon314 said:

Most of the Holaki islands are undeveloped, with the exception of the Corilla kings, who each rule an island with a thriving economy. 

What industries do the islands ruled by the Corilla kings have?

Ok I am not going to be able to keep up with this by myself. Does anybody want to work with me on area 5, which I'm calling Liesh-Tor? It's mainly mountainous, with a few fertile valleys. Dragons bond with this small tribe of humans in the mountains, who work against the Kraut, who are being forced out of the valleys by something. The dragons are simple, the Kraut are acid spitting hedgehog panthers, and there are 8,000 humans, max. Mountains have extreme goat things, valleys have some sort of rivers and vegetation... that's about all I got at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, The Flash said:

Ok I am not going to be able to keep up with this by myself. Does anybody want to work with me on area 5, which I'm calling Liesh-Tor? It's mainly mountainous, with a few fertile valleys. Dragons bond with this small tribe of humans in the mountains, who work against the Kraut, who are being forced out of the valleys by something. The dragons are simple, the Kraut are acid spitting hedgehog panthers, and there are 8,000 humans, max. Mountains have extreme goat things, valleys have some sort of rivers and vegetation... that's about all I got at the moment. 

I can work with you. 

On 6/9/2017 at 2:57 PM, StormyQueen said:

How would you feel about the Satori eating these fish?

18 hours ago, The Flash said:

Do these humans trade with others? What type of things do they make?

This animal is free for anyone to add to their region I might make more later :-)

Empeber (m-pe-bur): 175-225 lbs

The Empeber is an extremely large creature measuring up to 7 feet tall and 2 feet long. It's form is unlike that of any beast on our world, A large pyramid shaped head sits atop two large, hairy legs that sprout from it's side's like ears the tip of the pyramidal head is hardened bone making it a fearsome opponent. Strangely enough the Empeber has no eyes or ears instead relying heavily on it's sense of touch. It's sense of feel is so acute that it can sense footsteps through the ground and feel something aproaching it by the change in air flows.