Dragon314

The World of Tenov-Worldbuilding project

133 posts in this topic

I'm actually fine splitting up my region. A fifth of a planet is a lot for one person...

Sure. Put them under sapient beings. I have created a topic there called bird peeps. please change that to the name of the species you want to develop.

Clockwork-Do geography. I'm sure someone'll show up to help.

Edited by Dragon314

I think there is a button in the top rightish called edit the wiki.

I think.

The button is  on the top left of the article. @Arraenae

Edited by Dragon314

18 minutes ago, Dragon314 said:

Akalani, name of region or country in region? Done.

Name of Region. Countries to come, but there aren't too many. This isn't exactly a developed part of the world.

Edited by Hemalurgic_Headshot

Do we need an account? I was editing and there was a message that without an account some things will not be available to me. Will those missing things be super important?

Okay. My thoughts exactly. i have a very basic layout for region 2.

ryshadium90- I don't know. i doubt it. It doesn't take long to get an account, but if you don't want to, i think thats okay.

Edited by Dragon314

@Dragon314 how did you make the map? I want to make an individual map for Akalani.

I used pixelmator. If you are on a mac, it is pre-installed.

This is so cool! But I'm in school! And have homework...

I'm on mobile and can't do a lot, so I'm going to put my thoughts here instead. This is all spitballing rough concepts, so please tell me your thoughts.

The Corvidae (working name for now) are pretty big birds, about the size of harpy eagles. They have bigger brains to support complex thought. Depending on the physics of this world and how realistic you want it to be, they should be too heavy to fly in a place with Earth gravity. However, this can be handwaved using magic.

The Corvidae love shiny things, which are status symbols to them. The more sparkly, the better.

3 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

I'm on mobile and can't do a lot, so I'm going to put my thoughts here instead. This is all spitballing rough concepts, so please tell me your thoughts.

The Corvidae (working name for now) are pretty big birds, about the size of harpy eagles. They have bigger brains to support complex thought. Depending on the physics of this world and how realistic you want it to be, they should be too heavy to fly in a place with Earth gravity. However, this can be handwaved using magic.

The Corvidae love shiny things, which are status symbols to them. The more sparkly, the better.

Speaking of magic, I've written an article on the Wikia on magical amulets that control the elements. Would I be fair in saying that they use Air amulets?

Also- Only 3 feet tall?

Edited by Dragon314

@Arraenae I have created the page, when you get the chance you can edit it. I put some very basic info down on your Bird peeps.

Do we want horses? Have horses not been tamed yet? Are there horse sized dogs?

6 minutes ago, Dragon314 said:

Do we want horses? Have horses not been tamed yet? Are there horse sized dogs?

Whatever they are, they don't live in Akalani. The jungle is too dense for a quadrupedal creature of that size that walks on the ground. Animals of that size live higher up. 

Nice. I went ahead and described humans as fairly common, but with few, if any, organized kingdoms. Treehouse civilization @Hemalurgic_Headshot?

Edit: Also, do you want me to make a map for Akalani? I can definitely do it, I just need the basic layout of what you want.

Edited by Dragon314

Just now, Dragon314 said:

Nice. I went ahead and described humans as fairly common, but with few, if any, organized kingdoms. Treehouse civilization @Hemalurgic_Headshot?

Yes. The Gurdu people, I've already mentioned, will probably fit that description. I might also have a ground-dwelling people that lives further north, where the ground becomes too rocky to support Aoni trees.

Sweet. I'm trying to come up with a new spin on the Merman for my islands.

That's interesting. I'm putting too much effort into mine. 

When it comes to fictional worlds, there is no such thing.

1 minute ago, Dragon314 said:

When it comes to fictional worlds, there is no such thing.

Right.:lol:

I'll take region 5 I guess ... don't really have time to work on it now though

That's fine. Looking forward to your contributions Flash.

1 hour ago, Dragon314 said:

Speaking of magic, I've written an article on the Wikia on magical amulets that control the elements. Would I be fair in saying that they use Air amulets?

Also- Only 3 feet tall?

Yeah, that sounds good. These birds use air magic to help themselves fly. One of their coming of age ceremonies is when a young bird gets an air amulet that they can wear around their leg. This lets them fly and officially marks them as a juvenile.

They're actually bigger than 3 feet -- wingspan is around 8 feet. They have long, narrow wings to help them fly long distances.

So how tall are they? Just for interactions with different species.

Also, everyone who wants to should put this in their signature so we can get more participants.

Edited by Dragon314