Would you rather...

The horneater stew. Rock and I are in accord that these airsick lowlanders put too much spice in their food. (Seriously, I can't stand any level of 'spicy-ness')

Would you rather be a one-armed Herdazian or a Horneater princess?

3 minutes ago, Scriptorian said:

Would you rather be a one-armed Herdazian or a Horneater princess?

The Lopen does not take kindly to being compared to a horneater princess. One armed herdazian, obviously.

Would you rather be a human in Newcago or a well off Skaa merchant during TLR reign?

Skaa merchant

Would you rather:

hold one (and only one) Shard,

be a maxed out user of any one magic system of your choice (10th heightening plus/fullborn (without atium)/access to every Surge, or

have access to one 'type' of magic/the lowest level of magic from every Shard (eg one pair of surges, one metal, first Heightening, any Sel magic except Elantris-boosted Elantrian, etc)

Shard. Mainly for the inbuilt knowledge and the ability to interact with and watch an entire world grow and change.

Watching a magic system developed because of me would be pretty amazing too. 

Would you rather be a world hopping cosmere aware mercenary, or a member of the 17th Shard? 

Worldhopping mercenary. Seems more fun. :P

Would you rather be a Steel/Pewter Twinborn or a Cadmium/Zinc Twinborn?

EDIT: For clarification, Allomantic/Feruchemical

Edited by StrikerEZ

On 6/5/2017 at 0:17 AM, StrikerEZ said:

Worldhopping mercenary. Seems more fun. :P

Would you rather be a Steel/Pewter Twinborn or a Cadmium/Zinc Twinborn?

Did you mean Bendalloy/Zinc?  Cause I would definitely pick that.

But Cadmium mistings are Pulsers like Marasi, which are rarely useful in Era 2.

So I would go "Steel/Pewter".

Would you rather be a Twinborn trapped on Nathlis, or an Awakener of the 3rd Heightening trapped on Scardinal? 

8 hours ago, Sheridan_rd said:

Did you mean Bendalloy/Zinc?  Cause I would definitely pick that.

But Cadmium mistings are Pulsers like Marasi, which are rarely useful in Era 2.

So I would go "Steel/Pewter".

Would you rather be a Twinborn trapped on Nathlis, or an Awakener of the 3rd Heightening trapped on Scardinal? 

Oh...yeah, whoops. I always get those two confused. Along with Brass and Zinc.

*Scadrial

Hmm...it depends. If I have several vials of metals with me and several metalminds in the first scenario and knew ho to make the right proportions of metals, I think that'd be cooler, as I could use what I already had, and once I run out, try to refine more (which would be hard, but I doubt impossible). Otherwise, I'd like the second scenario.

Would you rather be a full Feruchemist or a Mistborn? Either way, you have access to atium.

Full Feruchemist means that I could actually do family history, but Mistborn I could fly and fight. I'll be the nerd and go with Full Feruchemist. I love family history!

Would you rather you rather always be hungry (during Shaod) or always have Ruin whispering in your ear (Mistborn Era 1)?

16 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Probably the second one. I can't stand being hungry, so hearing voices wouldn't be that bad.

Would you rather be a Zinc Compounder, or a Bronze Compounder?

Although being able to control your sleep schedule would be advantageous. 

However, I would prefer Zinc compounding because I could determine the answers to questions in a fraction of the time, and could Store mental speed when I was bored.

Would you rather be constrained by the Vorin religious traditions for males or females?

Spoiler

Most notably Safe hands and male illiteracy

Edited by Sheridan_rd

Argh, that's such a good question! I love to read and write, but I'm not a fan of the safehand. But I think I would choose the to be constrained by the female traditions. They still get to do all sorts of academic and artistic skills. (But in terms of food, I would definitely go males. I like savory over sweet.)

Would you rather be non-Rithmatist in a Rithmatist school, or a plain skaa in a MIsting/Mistborn crew?

Plain skaa in an Allomantic thieving crew. It seems like it would be a lot more fun than being back in school and I could directly contribute in other ways, though the prospect of learning more about Rithmatist's world is kind of tempting...

Would you rather continue this topic or revive the already existing one on this exact same subject? :P

Nah, this one's fine. Plus, the other one already has 16 pages. Don think wanna Ruin that perfect number.

Would you rather be trapped in the Pits of Hathsin or the chasms in the Shattered Plains?

@Elenion I think I'd rather eat stew with Rock because I eat chouta with @TheMightyLopen all the time! haha :P

@StrikerEZ I'd rather be trapped in the chasms because I'm too claustrophobic to be in the pits! :o

would you rather gather stormlight from stones or from eating? (I couldn't resist...I love Lift!) ;) 

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

4 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

@Elenion I think I'd rather eat stew with Rock because I eat chouta with @TheMightyLopen all the time! haha :P

@StrikerEZ I'd rather be trapped in the chasms because I'm too claustrophobic to be in the pits! :o

would you rather gather stormlight from stones or from eating? (I couldn't resist...I love Lift!) ;) 

I would go with eating.   Obviously :D

Would you rather be a Kandra or a Returned?

Kandra. Would rather not have to worry about having Breath fed to me on a weekly basis. Plus, I'd pretty much be an immortal shape-shifter. 

Would you rather hang out with Vin for one day or Wayne for one day? 

Dalinar. Kelsier is always so positive that when he gets angry, he gets really angry and that kind of change is pretty dramatic. Dalinar is mostly a serious attitude anyway so his anger wouldn't be as different. 

Would you rather be a koloss or a mistwraith (no spikes)?

36 minutes ago, ryshadium90 said:

Dalinar. Kelsier is always so positive that when he gets angry, he gets really angry and that kind of change is pretty dramatic. Dalinar is mostly a serious attitude anyway so his anger wouldn't be as different. 

Would you rather be a koloss or a mistwraith (no spikes)?

Era 2 Koloss as they have more of a society.  But I would select Mistwraith especially in Era 1, where there is a chance of becoming a Kanda and the Skaa treat you with revenance and fear.

Would you rather possess a Lifeless or an Avian from the Pantheon?

On 6/2/2017 at 10:16 PM, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Bridgeman, because you didn't state when. I'll just end up being in the just-about-to-be-liberated Bridge Four.

Then I'd take "taken by the Shaod well before the Reod".

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

Definitely an Aviar. That short story was so cool, and I loved the magic and the world and everything. 

Would you rather be a Zinc or a Bronze ferring?

Bronze.  There isn't really much that I can do while storing Zinc, and I don't have much need to think fast (faster than I already do) in a short time.  On the other hand, never having to spend time trying to fall asleep would be useful.

Would you rather be a Gold or Electrum misting?

Definitely Gold. Because then I'd last a little longer than I would normally last. Of course, it'd be hard without compounding, but I'd just spend a couple years filling, then slowly tap it for the rest of my life to live a long, healthy life.

Would you rather be a Mistborn with one vial of each metal (about five minutes for each metal and one minute for atium) or a Windrunner with enough Stormlight to last you twenty minutes without using it?

10 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Definitely Gold. Because then I'd last a little longer than I would normally last. Of course, it'd be hard without compounding, but I'd just spend a couple years filling, then slowly tap it for the rest of my life to live a long, healthy life.

Would you rather be a Mistborn with one vial of each metal (about five minutes for each metal and one minute for atium) or a Windrunner with enough Stormlight to last you twenty minutes without using it?

Misting Striker. Not ferring. I'd rather be a windrunner.

44 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Misting Striker. Not ferring. I'd rather be a windrunner.

Oh...whoops. My bad. 

If it's misting, then I'd rather be an Electrum misting, as I could see how certain decisions would play out, depending on my choices. As cool as Gold would be, I'd rather not have a (mostly) useless power.

Would you rather be a Leecher or a Nicroburst?