I had wondered in the past of there was something important with Odium's number being 9 and having 9 of the Herlads abandon the Oathpact. I do think there may be some merit to the idea of Odium "breaking" each of the Heralds with a certain intent behind manipulating them in the process. 

I really like this theory, especially because it runs counter to the general idea that the heralds started becoming the opposite of their oaths because they abandoned the oathpact.  It would be neat if it was in fact Odium who caused this change in order to break them.

I like it a lot.

Don't have much to add except spitballing on who some of the unknown heralds are masquerading as:  (I have no idea what the physical age/appearance of the heralds are supposed to be, so that may immediately kill some of this baseless speculation)

Vedel.                          Loving.                              Healing

-Opposite of healing would be hurting/killing.  Natural thought is the opposite of loving in hating, but that's Odium's domain.  An interesting synonym for loving outside the normal inclination is devoted/loyal.  An opposite of devoted/loyal/healing that springs to mind would be an assassin for hire.  I know I've seen some theories that Liss (Jasnah WoR prologue) is a radiant, can't remember the conclusion but it fits in this baseless theorymongering.  Plus, her nickname is the Weeper.  That's very opposite of Loving/Healing if you ask me.

Paliah.                         Learned.                                             Giving

-Probably wayyyyy off base with this one (for some reason I think Paliah may be one of the elderly looking heralds?) but the opposite of learned/giving sounds a lot like what Elhokar's wife is doing back home.  (Admittedly it's been a while since I've read that passage.)  We just have one interlude from a separate POV and Jasnah's unease to go off, but hey, just throwing out ideas.

One thing I did not make clear above.  For all the Heralds I could match in the books, it was always the primary attribute that seemed to be "broken".

Now, I am wondering if I can associate the primary attributes with Honor and the Secondary with Cultivation......

I hadn't seen before what Odium's breaking of a Herald meant (that it breaks their Divine Attribute), but knowing that now, I think there are definitely parallels to be drawn from those we've seen so far.

That is speculation on my part, not proven.

Edited by FiveLate
Clarification

On 6/7/2017 at 1:41 PM, What's a Seawolf? said:

I know I've seen some theories that Liss (Jasnah WoR prologue) is a radiant, can't remember the conclusion but it fits in this baseless theorymongering.  Plus, her nickname is the Weeper.  That's very opposite of Loving/Healing if you ask me.

I'm not actually sure if there was any theory that she was a Radiant, but there was discussion about her being a Herald and/or having stolen Taln's Honorblade.

Either way, I'm sticking to my Liss is Chana interpretation of Weltall's Liss=Herald idea, because I like it :)

12 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

I'm not actually sure if there was any theory that she was a Radiant, but there was discussion about her being a Herald and/or having stolen Taln's Honorblade.

Either way, I'm sticking to my Liss is Chana interpretation of Weltall's Liss=Herald idea, because I like it :)

Meant Herald, came out as radiant.

The Chana theory makes sense too.

Spoiler

QUESTION

Is the Palanaeum named for Palah?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes. In fact, it was named based on—it was Greek in our world—the Athenaeum? It was based off of that.

WETLANDER

Did we see Palah?

BRANDON SANDERSON

I believe every one of the Heralds is mentioned or shown somewhere in the first book.

WETLANDER

Someone was wondering whether the old woman who was wandering around the Palanaeum was her.

BRANDON SANDERSON

That is a very good guess. I won't say specifically, because some of them are intended to be more obvious and some of them are intended to be red herrings. So, that was a very good guess.

Bold is mine.   I need some help trying to find VEDEL, CHANA, PALIAH, and BATTAR.

I think I have the other 6 identified.

1 hour ago, FiveLate said:
  Reveal hidden contents

QUESTION

Is the Palanaeum named for Palah?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes. In fact, it was named based on—it was Greek in our world—the Athenaeum? It was based off of that.

WETLANDER

Did we see Palah?

BRANDON SANDERSON

I believe every one of the Heralds is mentioned or shown somewhere in the first book.

WETLANDER

Someone was wondering whether the old woman who was wandering around the Palanaeum was her.

BRANDON SANDERSON

That is a very good guess. I won't say specifically, because some of them are intended to be more obvious and some of them are intended to be red herrings. So, that was a very good guess.

Bold is mine.   I need some help trying to find VEDEL, CHANA, PALIAH, and BATTAR.

Didn't we get confirmation of Paliah in Kharbranth in or around the Palaneum?

I may have misremembered. I'll try to dig it up. 

1 hour ago, FiveLate said:

I need some help trying to find VEDEL, CHANA, PALIAH, and BATTAR.

25 minutes ago, john203 said:

Could you post where the other 6 are @FiveLate?

Jezrien - WoK Prelude, Mentioned by Nalan in Lift interlude, mentioned by Taln in Taln's interlude in WoR
Nalan - WoK and WoR Prologue, WoR Epilogue, Ym and Lift Interludes
Chana - Mentioned in Hoid's story to Kaladin in chapter titled: "the man who chased the winds", Dalinar's thoughts in WoR chap 75
Vedel - "Vedeledev's golden keys" phrase in WoK chap 7, mentioned by Taln in Taln's interlude in WoR
Paliah -
Shalash - Baxil's Mistress in Baxil's interlude
Battar - Mentioned by Navani in WoR chap 14
Kelek - WoK Prelude, Possibly with Nalan in both Prologues, mentioned by Taln in Taln's interlude in WoR
Taln - Mentioned in WoK Prelude, "seen" in WoK Epilogue and Taln's Interlude in WoR
Ishar - Mentioned by Jezrien in WoK Prelude, possibly with Nalan in both Prologues, mentioned by Taln in Taln's interlude in WoR

Had to word search the books for Paliah and Battar, everything else was plain as day on the Coppermind.

Edit: so this may break the rules of that WoB, but "Palah" is used in WoK. it's part of the date for chap 55's death rattle epigraph: Dated Palahevan, 1173, 73 seconds pre-death.
Edit v2: Spelling and Grammar, along with Book 1 Italicizing.

Edited by The One Who Connects

Just now, FiveLate said:

@The One Who Connects quote says in WOK..so Battar does not work, nor CHANA I believe.   The Veledev's golden keys is a good catch though.

I realized that, but Chana's coppermind page has a citation for WoK, so I was searching for that first. And after reading that chapter, I have no clue.

It is not known how she has spent her time after but it is highly likely that she is still alive, as it has been confirmed that at least three other Heralds have survived this long.[5][6]

5. The Way of Kings interlude I-7
6. Words of Radiance interlude I-9

What that WoB means then, is that under the assumption that they are not mentioned by name, we have seen them. Meaning that we have seen 3 innocuous characters who are actually Chana, Paliah, and Battar in WoK.

What's more is that they are all female, so the number of suspicious individuals is cut in half.

1 minute ago, The One Who Connects said:

What's more is that they are all female, so the number of suspicious individuals is cut in half.

@FiveLate I don't remember where it was discussed but I know there was discussion about an elderly woman in or around the Palaneum as Paliah. 

I thought there was some form of confirmation, but I can't find the discussion so I may have remembered wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I know there was discussion about an elderly woman in or around the Palaneum as Paliah. 

It's mentioned in the WoB he has in spoiler tags for length. Below the bolded bit. If you mean discussion on here, then i don't know

4 minutes ago, FiveLate said:

I'm looking for that as well...but reddit confuses me a lot.  I joined just to search for WOB but just don't get it.

You should check out Pagerunner's Reddit WoB database. I just did, and there are no entries containing any the following terms: "pali", "paliah", "palah", "pailiah", "chana", "chanaranach", "palanaeum", "battar", or "battah". "Jezrien" only has 4 entries.
Edited by The One Who Connects

9 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

It's mentioned in the WoB he has in spoiler tags for length. Below the bolded bit. If you mean discussion on here, then i don't know

It was discussion here, and it was specifically about a woman present there, not just the name.

56 minutes ago, FiveLate said:

Report all WOK suspicious female here those of you rereading.

39 minutes ago, Calderis said:

It was discussion here, and it was specifically about a woman present there, not just the name.

Ok, so I did some searching on the forums, because our 3 MIA Heralds are not even mentioned in Pagerunner's Reddit database or Theoryland. And here's what I've learned so far.

Battar: We are all fools.

Chrono: Battar is mentioned in one of Dalinar's visions. IIRC, it was the one where the two KR come to the small village to fight the Midnight Essence. I don't have my copy of TWOK with me, but I do remember that Taffa (the woman that the voice speaks through at the end of the vision) says something along the lines of "Sweet wisdom of Battar!" as they're running from the Midnight Essence. Not much to go on, but she is mentioned. As for the others, I have no idea. 

Argent: You are actually spot on. That's exactly what she says.

Paliah: I found it. @Calderis & @Extesian

The Sovereign: There is a scene in WoK where Shallan comments on seeing someone wandering the stacks of the Palanaeum, Brandon has confirmed this is indeed Paliah. WoB referencing this from 2013; Brandon confirmed this theory was actually correct in person for me last year at a signing when I brought it up to him:
The Sovereign: The inside cover of my Bands of Mourning Copy <3. A friend is borrowing my Era 2 books at the moment but I'll take a picture of it when I get it back.

Chana: Not a theory so much as a potential hint, there is no other mention of her on the forums that doesn't also refer to WoR.

Frostlander: Chana is invoked when there is mothering involved. Both quotes in WoR:
Dalinar on Navani:

The mother axehound had finally emerged. Shallan was apparently no longer an outsider, but one of Navani’s clutch— and Chana help the man or woman who stood between Navani and one of her own.

Navani on Jasnah:

Chana knows, I wondered sometimes how I raised that child without strangling her. By age six, she was pointing out my logical fallacies as I tried to get her to go to bed on time.

Other Fan Theories that I liked: One, Two.

Little Wilson: The other name that's struck an oddity is the Shin female scholar--Shauka-daughter-Hasweth. Could've been a name this particular Herald went by a few thousand years ago, when she disguised herself as a Shin scholar and wrote a philosophy book. Now, maybe Shauka-daughter-Hasweth was just an oddity among her people when she lived and considering her to be a Herald is preposterous. Maybe she's dead now. It was thousands of years ago. And if she is, then clearly she's not a Herald. And even if she is a Herald, and therefore not dead, she's surely not going by the name of Shauka-daughter-Hasweth. But she's probably still with the Shin. I think it's an idea. And we're severely lacking on guesses on the female Herald side of things.

Fifth of Daybreak: I'm a big fan of the theory that the heralds are changing into either the ten fools or perversions of themselves. So what if Aesudan and Lhan are both heralds?  Aesudan could be Paliah, and her perversion is surrounding herself with Ardent who are sycophants, not promoting her learning, and by hoarding the food that spoils, instead of giving it.

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

Thanks once again for proving to me that I didn't make something up. 

No problem. I've had those same situations of "did I just imagine that?" and it's not fun.

But what this does mean is that we are down to only Chana being unaccounted for in WoK. Both popular theories about who she is(Liss and Palona) only appear in WoR, so that's an issue.