Do you have an imaginary person in the Cosmere who you turn into when you're bored?

Tesh

Well, I guess I do have a character I turn into in my head sometimes who’s been to the Cosmere, but they’re my overpowered immortal multiverse traveler, so I’ll ignore them. 

I may just have to make up a few Cosmere characters, though I tend to (barring the above exception) make my characters underpowered, like, say, a Forger who’s really bad at Forging themselves, rather than a Mistborn-Radiant-Elantrian. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Heraldic said:

Well, I guess I do have a character I turn into in my head sometimes who’s been to the Cosmere, but they’re my overpowered immortal multiverse traveler, so I’ll ignore them. 

I may just have to make up a few Cosmere characters, though I tend to (barring the above exception) make my characters underpowered, like, say, a Forger who’s really bad at Forging themselves, rather than a Mistborn-Radiant-Elantrian. 

I tend towards making characters who have powers that are kind of low-impact on their own, but the character is so ridiculously skilled with them that it's as effective as a much more impactful system.

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Noble said:

I tend towards making characters who have powers that are kind of low-impact on their own, but the character is so ridiculously skilled with them that it's as effective as a much more impactful system.

But its so fun to do that with OP characters as well

Just because a character is OP doesn’t necessarily mean that they are boring, but I would say it makes giving them character goals a lot more difficult. 

Besides, I like the ideas of characters using tricks, skills, or cleverness to do something they really shouldn’t be able to. Like Kenton, in White Sand. 

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Heraldic said:

Just because a character is OP doesn’t necessarily mean that they are boring, but I would say it makes giving them character goals a lot more difficult. 

Besides, I like the ideas of characters using tricks, skills, or cleverness to do something they really shouldn’t be able to. Like Kenton, in White Sand. 

True. A character is only really OP if they're a lot more powerful then all the other characters in the same thing, and that kind of rules out Person vs Person or Person vs Society conflicts, depending on how OP the character is.

Edited by Ookla the Noble

4 hours ago, Ookla the Heraldic said:

Is that a request to join the RP? :ph34r:

Just now, Ookla the Heraldic said:

Ha, maybe. Not sure yet, I just like the idea of brainstorming characters. I haven’t RPed in a while, could be fun. 

It's a really fun group. If you'd like to join, we would gladly welcome you.

I also have a minor side character.

Her full name is Rinthia, but everyone knows her as Rin. She is a Pewterarm and Bloodmaker.

She is tall, solid, has short black hair, and bright green eyes. And is 24.

She usually wears trousers with a plain loose shirt and boots, with a nice pair of 44 Magnums, and her bag of coins in her belt. 

She also keeps a pair of obsidian daggers in her boots (because they are convenient) and some extra vials of metals in her shirt pocket.

In her bag she has a notebook, some rope, some pencils, her current case, and extra bullets.

Spoiler

Ah, storm it. Double post. Sorry everyone.

Edited by Tesh

I just sort of become a windrunner like Kaladin, and imagine myself lashing myself in the sky and fighting with a shardblade that is in the form of a nerf gun :D

also, My Spren's name is Swing. (hey, don't ask me, that's just what he told me)

Edited by Benjamin_Stormblessed

I have a few different Cosmere personas, but there is a general archetype (sort of Hoid-ish in terms of gathering investiture, but less for a purpose and more by chance).  This is sort of the earlier stages for such a character (actually, more or less what it was before I got through Words of Radiance and understood the Nahel bond's effects a bit better, which works better for starting an RP where the importance of such a bond can be discovered and forged).

Qwydyn was a young Feruchemist and Worldkeeper in training when she stumbled into the Perpendicularity that would later be known as the Pits of Hathsin, in the time before the Lord Ruler seized the power at the Well.  Intrigued by the strange world, she found a way to return and discussed what she had seen with her elders, who told her the legends of the lands beyond the pool, secrets passed down from times in the distant past.  Intrigued by this, she went exploring deeper into the Cognitive Realm, until she finally decided to go beyond the local Cognitive and go exploring the Cosmere as a whole.

Qwydyn spent some time on various worlds, experimenting with foreign metals and taking in the various ecosystems on both sides of the various Perpendicularities.  She tended to the sick and dying in (and acquired a number of Breaths from them in their dying moments) in Nalthis, and picked up a few tricks of Forging on Sel along with a Seon.  However, when she returned to Scadrial to visit, she came across a disturbing discovery - the lands had passed through hundreds of years of turmoil, and been through many changes, physically and socially.  Somewhere in her travels, she had accidentally slipped through spaces that shifted time, leading to her arriving after the rise and fall of the Lord Ruler.  She was caught by the mist as it passed its sickness to find an army of Mistings, though she doesn’t understand what that means yet.  She fled again when she recovered before the end of the battle against Ruin and Vin, disturbed by the strange nature of this world that had become her home.  Entering the Cognitive Realm, she fled into the Cosmere in a random direction, never intending to return home to Scadrial - there was nothing for her there, or so she thought.

Now, she has appeared in the Horneater Peaks on a new planet, a place called Roshar.  She’s an alien here, but no place is home for her now.  Somehow, she ended up on this world, lost and confused and alone, trying to find her way, knowing the world she came from is long since gone.

Personality:
Generally, Qwydyn is a very curious soul; however, her curiosity has been dampened a bit with the revelation that she lost so much time on her homeworld while exploring the Cosmere.  She tries to put on a brave face, and draws on her aluminummind to be the person she used to be when she needs to, but right now, she is a bit broken.  Which may explain that strange figure following her in the corners of her eyes…

Skills/Abilities
-Feruchemy: She wasn’t fully trained before she left, and doesn’t have a complete set of knowledge in her Copperminds, but she is still decently skilled in Feruchemy.  Along her quests, she discovered a few strange metals, most notably Nicrosil, which she uses to fuel the more difficult Feruchemical bands (converting Investiture from weight and caloric energies into ones she doesn’t want to be without while storing, such as Luck in her Chromium).
--In Mistborn: Adventure Game, she has Feruchemy for all metals at 3, except Nicrosil, Duralumin, and Copper (which are at 5) and Gold (which is at 4).
-Nicroburst: She doesn’t know it yet because she’s never even heard of or considered allomancy, but Preservation found a small bit of power in her that could become a Nicroburst.  Should she charge a Nicrosilmind and consume it, she could Compound it.  However, at present, she doesn’t even know to try it.
-Breaths: Qwydyn has reached the First Heightening thanks in part to the Breaths she was gifted by the dying she tried to help but failed to.  She can Awaken a bit, but tries to avoid using her Breaths to do so unless there is no other option.
-Forgery: Qwydyn possesses a small quantity of soulstone, and knows the rudiments of forgery though she rarely uses it due to its rarity.  She has a couple of pre-made seals for basic transformations - most notably, changing metals into other, uncharged metals to make into Metalminds when she’s desperate.
-Seon: Qwydyn was given the Seon Eshe by an Elantrian as a gift for her stories from other realms.  She acts as a companion for Qwydyn, though she doesn’t give Qwydyn any abilities (yet).

Accessories:
Metalminds: Qwydyn has metalminds of all the normal metals, having discovered some odd ones in her exploration of the Cosmere.  She also has a ring of Atium that she uses for disguises (though, with her Nicrosil, she could use other investiture to fuel the age regression, and has in some cases subconsciously done so - her timeframe was distorted in her travels, but she actually was away from Scadrial far longer than she thought.
Forging Seals: In addition to a quantity of raw soulstone, Qwydyn keeps a few basic Seals.  Most are attuned to specific metals, and can create metalminds of various sorts.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Imaginary person as well, though he has a very strange backstory...

I am known as Sydesian. I have been watching this group for awhile now and have finally decided to join. I suppose you need my backstory for my unique way of doing things to make sense, so here it is:

I started off as a member of the 17th shard when I was 10 (both of my parents were members). I worldhopped for awhile, assisting on missions, spying, gathering information. When I was about 15 I decided to go off on my own to collect investiture. I wanted to become the most powerful being (aside from shards) in the entire cosmere. I started on Scadrial, where I became one of the original mistborn, and tried to find a way to become a feruchemist, but that didn't end up working out. I next traveled to Roshar, looking to bond a spren (this was pre-recreance) I found one pretty easily, and became a windrunner as this seemed the most practical to me. I was about 20 by this point and went to Nathis to achieve the fifth heightening and agelessness. I spent two years there, until I finally had collected enough breaths to accomplish my goal. The last stop was Taldain. They had relatively little investiture there, so I figured that this would be a good place to start my domination of the cosmere. When I first arrived, I tried my hand at sand mastery, which I was very successful at, and quickly started to rise in rankings. After tireless hours, espionage, and countless bribes, I rose to become the ruler of dayside. I united them all and we began to march towards Darkside, but I had gotten the attention of honor. He came to Taldain and utterly annihilated my army. He came to me and I was able to withstand his attacks for a full 10 minutes before I finally broke. I awoke back on Roshar next to a piece of metal vaguely shaped like a shardblade. Curious, I picked it up, and found the voice of my spren, screaming in some language I did not understand. I immediately told him to calm down and he obeyed my instruction (thankfully). I found that my memory had been fragmented and I was in a place that I didn't recognise. A place with endless plateaus and pits stretching out for miles and miles. I looked around and found a highstorm approaching, so I ran. I tried lashings, I tried summoning my shardplate, but all I had was a stupid talking piece of metal. As I readied myself to face the winds that would almost surely kill me, the piece of metal in my hand stretched out and became a dome that couldn't have been more than 1/100th of an inch thick, but it withstood the highstorm with little to no sign of breaking or flexing in the least. Over the next several years I learned that I could control this piece of metal, forming it into whatever I wished. When the everstorm came, I immediately fled to the tower city of Uruthiru to search out my brothers in arms from years ago. I arrived to find it buzzing with new activity, but I couldn't see any radiants anywhere. I quickly stopped and asked somebody what year it was, to find that I had been asleep for the last 4,000 years. I located your group, and have been watching you for some time now.

There it is. This is all the me and my "spren" have been able to piece together from our fragmented memories. I wish to join you and try to become acquainted with this new world while I'm at it. 

My skills include: this weird metal thing that I can control, I am a master duelist (I don't know how), I can't die unless killed instantly and I have friends among the great ones (the ones you call heralds).

As a final statement I will give you this: everyone I love is dead and I am stranded on this mysterious world with no idea how to escape or even survive. I came here as my last hope. To mean something, and to discover myself again. 

Thank you for your time,

Sydesian

@King Cole The "fun" kind, Sydesian was just kind of the assistant/tagalong, and his parents didn't want to leave him somewhere and only see him twice a year. His parents didn't want to, but they had to. Anyway, he was never in any real danger until about 12, or at least any that he can remember...

Edited by Ookla the Stormwarden

@Ookla the Stormwarden, welcome to our ranks. Also one question - how is the windrunner "most convenient to you"? 

Also, checking the Surgefinders thread and seeing as windrunners are devoted to honor, yet you were on a quest to being the most powerful person in the universe, would you say you're a Surgefinder or a Vindicator?

@Sami To answer your first question, the surges of gravitation and adhesion just sounded like the most useful to me. As for your second question, that's harder. If you were talking to me pre-smiting, I would probably have joined the Vindicators. Something changed during those 4,000 years that I was sleeping. I now see that the value of each life is far greater than I ever assumed. The windrunner thing was... different. I had become a hemallurgist during my time on scadrial, and so I was able to imprison a spren inside of a spike, then pound it into myself. This effectively simulated the bond and I was given all of the abilities, but the spren was trapped and couldn't abandon me. I now feel very ashamed of my actions and wish to make up for it in some small way.

26 minutes ago, Ookla the Stormwarden said:

The windrunner thing was... different. I had become a hemallurgist during my time on scadrial, and so I was able to imprison a spren inside of a spike, then pound it into myself.

the spren would not survive this, you would have to do a lot of weird spiking to make this work. You would have to spike the spren and I someone that the spren was bonded. Neither would survive