Philadelphia WoR Signing

askthepaperclip

So, my wife and I are going to make a long awaited trip to Philadelphia, which just so HAPPENS to coincide with the WoR tour stop! :D

She has plans with a friend Friday night, so I am free to nerd out into the wee hours. Is anyone interested in a post-signing 17th Shard meetup? Anyone from Philly here who knows a good bar or restaurant near the signing?

• 3 weeks later...

I am tentatively going to attend this event.  It's a five hour drive for me, and I have to be in Syracuse, NY at 6am on Saturday, so it's sort of a stretch to get there, but I'll try.  I'll update this post with more concrete commitments one way or the other as we get closer to the signing.

Just wanted to give a heads up to the out of towers. The signing is actually in collegeville which is a suburb about 20 miles west of the city. I believe the bookstore is in a nice newly built shopping center which has a few nice bars in it. Google providence town center for a list. This is my first book signing I have ever attended. I couldn't be more excited that he is signing only a few miles from my house. Brandon Sanderson has completely renewed my interest in reading. I have just recently finished all of his work and I am excited to get a copy of Words of Radiance signed and hear some words from Brandon in person.

Edited by Homerpat

Gosh, this is going to be an even longer shot, but if someone is going for a book signing (especially in PA), could I please have help in getting a book signed? It's next to impossible to accomplish this on my own, since I'm firmly (and unfortunately) positioned in Asia :unsure:

I'm confirmed to go as well. This is  my second signing by Brandon. Just finished WoR and now I'm even more excited to go. Awesome, awesome book!  If anyone would like to carpool with me from the Lehigh Valley area, I have a 15 pass. van that I can take.

Edited by Aile

I forgot to mention in my other post that there may be a $5 fee for the autograph, unless you buy the book from their store.  I bought my copy of WoR from the store and the lady at the counter told me to keep the receipt with the book, even taped it up to the dustcover for me, so I'd avoid the $5 fee.  

From what she showed me, there'll be quite a few fans there on the day, at least the ones that signed up so far.  About two or three pages worth of loose-leaf pages. And that was only when I went there on March 5.  So if you're going there, and you haven't RSVP'd yet, I suggest you do, and also to ask them to reserve a book for you if you plan to buy the book from them.

This is a long shot, but as I am in Boston the signing in Philadelphia is my best chance.

Would anyone be interested in carpooling down from Boston?  I don't have a car, but I can drive and pitch in for gas!

Possibly! I was thinking about doing it myself but I didn't want to spend the night and I didn't think I'd be up for so much driving in one day, but if you're able to help with the drive I'd definitely be interested.

Arrgh, something for work has come up, and it looks like I won't be able to make the trip down :-(

I hope everyone has fun!

Sorry to hear it :-(

I've confirmed I will be going, and I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with other 17thSharders.

@rhandric, if you mean you have to buy a ticket to get in, then no, I believe it is free to come and sit in on the Q & A.  But as NutiketAiel notes, it's a good idea to RSVP, just so they know how many seats to set up and how much space to give the signing.  I think there will be a lot of people there.

This is what the bookstore says about the book signing itself:

Event books will be available on site for purchase and autographs.  To help cover event costs, there will be a $5 autograph fee for books not purchased here.  This fee is waived for all books if you purchase the event title, Words of Radiance, from us.

I called them up and the lady told me that I can have up to three books signed, whether I pay the $5 fee or buy one book from them.

Would anyone be interested in meeting up for coffee or dinner in the afternoon/evening before the signing? Leiyan and I will be getting in to town a few hours before the event starts and we'd love to meet up with other Sharders.