Hemalurgy on two people

Panwp

Question

If we take long , sharp from both sides spike, can we steal 2 different atributes from 2 people by impaling them both on that spikes in correct bind points in the same time?  Can we also put this spike in two diffrent people, in exactly same time?  Anf what power each of them will get? And if the spike contain the same atribut from difrent people? Also, is there a upper limit how many people can use shard the same time?

9 answers to this question

First of all, with the except of Atium, you could not steal different attributes with a single type of spike.

IF you could, we don't know if the charge would stack (I am for the no, or some people on Scadrial would tried it and used it).

Regard of the way I can't see working the Spike gifting his charge to two different peoples as the Spike contains a piece of Soul and if one of them is gifted with the Stolen Soul the other could not.

I am not sure about your last question about the Shard. Could you expand it better ?

57 minutes ago, Panwp said:

One spike could steal diffrent atributes, for exaple iron could steal a tin a pewter a iron and a steel. And in the last question autocorrect changed spike to shard

Those are not different hemalurgic attributes. Those are a components of the same hemalurgic attribute for physical allomancy. 

our experiments on the dark alley association (it is a hemalurgic testing institute in silverlight) on the subject based on Rashek's research that we conducted a while back .  gave us the expected results. only one ability per spike (even ones from the same atribute  ) Rashek's notes point out that the need for multiple spikes in order to get the ful spectrum of powers was at least part of why he went with the monstrus look with his inquizitors instead of having them blend in more 
it also makes sense why {spoilers for shadows of self}

Spoiler

Bleeder didn't choose multiple abilities with one spike, instead being limited to only one 

your following 3 question therefore have no answer , but if you are interested testing has shown that two people implaled  by the same hemalurgic spike (with a single power only ) only one of them would gain the ability (in most cases the first one , though more testing is required to determin what causes the deviations) we belive that this ise becaues of the fact that there is only one soul "traped" inside the spike and it will be integrated in One of the two Spiritwebs and only that person  recives the power

As for your final inquiry i belive that you are asking if bultiple people can hold a shard , to that the answer  is RAFO

Followup related question this brings to mind - Suppose a spike is made, for example's sake, an iron one. Suppose this spike is very long, i.e. two feet. Suppose this is then used to steal Allomantic iron powers, and implanted into a person through the heart. Then suppose the spike, because of its size, is sticking out the back of the person by a foot and a half, and a second person is then impaled through the heart with it. The spike is then slowly pushed through the first person farther into the second person. At what point does the spike consider itself "in" the second person? is there any point at which it is "in" both individuals?

2 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

Followup related question this brings to mind - Suppose a spike is made, for example's sake, an iron one. Suppose this spike is very long, i.e. two feet. Suppose this is then used to steal Allomantic iron powers, and implanted into a person through the heart. Then suppose the spike, because of its size, is sticking out the back of the person by a foot and a half, and a second person is then impaled through the heart with it. The spike is then slowly pushed through the first person farther into the second person. At what point does the spike consider itself "in" the second person? is there any point at which it is "in" both individuals?

First of all, an Iron Spike can't contain Allomantic Iron powers as it could be used to steal Human Strenght only (to Steal Allomatic Iron power, you need a Steel Spike).

I think the Spike will be integrated in the first one and the second will always be a external thing no matter you pierce him

Edited by Yata

I'm fairly sure that since you can only use a single bind point per spike that even if you did what you described that you would only be able to use one power at a time. 

I did come up with something similar while reading though. What if you had a really long hermalurgic spike, and ran it through two people's bind points? Would they each get powers?

6 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

My thinking is that the second person would probably die before the point (haha, pun) at which the spike would be considered "in" them.

15 hours ago, Panwp said:

One spike could steal different attributes, for example Steel could steal A-Tin, A-Pewter, A-Iron and A-Steel.

This is not stealing multiple attributes so much as having the ability to take either of them. A singular steel spike can only grant of these powers when used, even though it could take any of them.

With the advent of the Survivor's Spearhead, an argument could be made for some form of "banded" spike taking multiple powers if made of different metals, but this method has not been tested or confirmed/denied by Brandon.

Besides, unless the bind point for each power is the same spot, then you will only get one power at any given time and are better off using multiple spikes.

Edited by The One Who Connects