22 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Oh yeah, we have actions.

I knew that.

Well, some/most of us anyway.

(The only night action available to everyone is ordering metals, and that isn't possible this cycle.  Most of us are probably Hazekillers and therefore have a usable action...but it's also a one-shot, so might not be such a good thing to use this early in the game.)

• Alvron locked this topic

Mehir stood in the corner with a slight frown and tapping his foot. All this talk about spikes seemed like a distraction to him. Weren't the Ventures the real enemy? Isn't that what they had all signed up for? He knew that they were all restless and anxious, but a guards job was to remain focused in the face of hardship. 

Besides, that Barry kid had thought that he might be spiked! ...And Booken was egging him on. Mehir shook his head. 

Mehir held his hand out to his sides, as if to invite them to search him, if they liked. Mehir didn't have so much as a piece of jewelry on him at all, let alone a spike! He wasn't some nobleman after all. Most skaa couldn't afford such things. 

I'm giving you guys a hard time for the ASL and there is a part of me that thinks that this could be a clever way for PK to hide in plain site, but I'm also loving it. The parody songs were awesome, so if you are playing everyone, kudos PK. :P

Edited by Metacognition

Argyle hated the outhouse for several reasons. First, you would have to leave the keep, and go outside into the mists. Knowing his luck, he would probably get eaten by mistwraiths. Thus, he had to run to the outhouse. Unfortunately, that sometimes meant running into the outhouse, tripping, somersaulting forwards, and landing face down in the latrine.  Second, you would have to open the outhouse door. There would always be a gust of wind that would send the door careening onto his back, knocking him forward. That had of course knocked him face-first into the latrine on multiple occasions. Third, you had to sit down on the latrine. Sometimes, the seat would somehow be up when it should be down, which meant falling into the latrine once again.

Still, nothing bad had happened this time. Maybe things were finally looking up for once. He put back on his pants, and got up to leave the outhouse. He opened the door, and went outside. He stopped to consider his luck, when a stray gust of wind sent the outhouse door flying open, knocking him straight into the muddy ground below. Well, at least it was easier to clean than manure.

Okay here's some RP of my own to add to the mix :P

Mila sat on the roof of the manor house, her knees pulled up to her chin, watching the mists curl around the trees and surrounding buildings. The night was so peaceful. She didn't understand the fears of the mist. Maybe it was because she had been taught not to fear them. The things you learn as a child stay with you forever. She smiled, remembering the nights spent in the mist from days past. Good times gone by. Here she was, sitting on a rooftop, trying to stand guard without being noticed by the others. And trying to hide that I don't fear the mists? Sometimes life is funny that way.

She had heard a scream coming from the guard house earlier, but it was followed by laughter, and angry voices telling someone to shut up and let them get some rest. Typical men. She shook her head and couldn't help smiling at their foolishness. She didn't want to get too attached to these men. She never knew who could betray her. Don't forget what you're supposed to do. Never trust anyone. But she couldn't help feeling like that motto would make her life more miserable than if she actually let herself trust and was still betrayed. 

Booken stood up, eyes thundering.

"You don't care about spikes? You think they don't matter?"

"Listen here! We may win the war against Venture, but it means nothing. Nothing! Unless we also win the war against the all-consuming omnipotent untouchable being of destruction who we can't attack directly or indirectly in any way and who can create new members far faster than we identify them."

"Hmm. On second thought, I need any members I can get. Have some cookies. I left them in the pot to make sure they stayed warm."

charcoal-embers.jpg

As president of the ASL, I'm gonna accuse Remart of being spiked. He's trying to sleep on his first night on duty, which shows that he's clearly a madman.

*CLANG CLANG CLANG*

The record has been noted. Remart, until you atone for your sins, you may not join the ASL

To everyone who has not yet been accused:

Join the Anti-Spike League.

We have cookies.

Technically.

If you can still call them that.

PS: I don't actually intend to go anywhere with this. I'm just keeping track of a (completely inaccurate) list of who's spiked for something to do during the night. Once everyone is either in the League or is accused, I'll freeze the list.

Edit: Didn't notice you last page. You're in, Cluny.

Edited by Paranoid King

15 hours ago, Metacognition said:

Mehir eyed the outspoken upstart with a slight grimace. It seemed to him that he was too involved with the knowledge of what the allomantic stores of what a Tineye or a Lurcher would have. 
Could it be that he already had contact with Allomancers within their ranks? 
"But, how?" He thought as a slight line of concern crested his forehead. 
A single eyebrow of his went up, which could only mean that he wondered whether Valbar already had information about what Allomancers were equipped with because he was placed here by the Ventures and knew the stores they were bringing in. 
His eyes narrowed as he knew Valbar would be a person worth watching.... 

As Valbar settled back in his post after stating his suggestions, he noticed Mehir looking at him, which was quite strange, since most people seemed to pass over him even if he was the only person in the room. Maybe he wasn't actually looking at me, he thought. He glanced back at Mehir and was doubly surprised to not only see him still staring at him, but now with a questioning look. He waddled over to Mehir to see if he couldn't clear up whatever it was he was thinking, since it was no doubt a suspicious look he was giving him.

"Listen, if you're thinking that I might have inside knowledge about how many vials the Allomancers in our ranks have because I'm one of the Venture's spies and I knew the stores they were bringing in, there's a perfectly innocent explanation that's not that," Valbar said. "You see, last night, as I was keeping watch, the mist covered me and I heard a voice that told me that all Allomancers start with 2 vials, I swear I'm telling the truth! I hope that answers your concerns."

As Valbar hurried back to his post, he still couldn't help feeling like he was being watched, which was not a feeling he was familiar with...

Straight from the rules - "All Allomancers begin play with two vials of the metal they can burn, except the Mistborn, who begins play with one vial of each metal. A player may pass one or more vials they possess to another player during the Day Turn instead of voting, or during the Night Turn instead of taking an action or ordering metals."

I guess the trend of me getting votes early is still happening. :P

That's all for now, I've got to work on LG33 at the moment.

Valbar, pipe down, you didn't need to defend yourself, and ain't no one voting to kick you out in the middle of the night anyways. We might string you up on the morn, but no one's got the care to do it at night. Go look out a window or something.

Boris yawned. All of this talk about semi-omnipotent beings that could control those with spikes really wasn't all that interesting to him. Then again, very few things were, but that was no excuse for boring conversation. He yawned again, and headed for the barracks, even though he wasn't off duty for another hour. The Captain would understand. Probably.

Day 1: Contraband

The sun peeked over the horizon, warming the streets of Luthadel. Senn Conrad woke in his study, where he had fallen asleep at his desk. What had he been thinking about? Oh yes - House security. The city was too exposed of a place for him in these turbulent times.

There came a knock at his door. "Enter." He hardly looked up as a guard captain marched in, leading a bound man. "We found this guard breaking orders, sir. He was stockpiling metals - you know there's been a shortage in the House recently. We put him in the cell overnight. What do you want us to do with him?"

Senn hardly looked up. "Whip him a few times, then drop him in solitary confinement until noon."

The captain was slightly surprised, if his tone was any clue. "Is that all sir?"

"No time for more, if we're going to leave before dinner."

"Leave, sir?"

"Yes. We're relocating to Conrad manor. Isolated, defensible. Should be just the thing. Start getting things ready, captain. We don't have time to waste!"

And with that, Senn walked off to go and find some breakfast. There had to be something around here worth eating.

------------------------------------------

Day 1 has begun! It will end at 10:30 PM, Mountain Daylight Time, June 1st.

blu_1496377800.png

Booken (Paranoid King) was detained by a Captain!

Player List:

1. Marv (Hemalurgic_Headshot)
  2. Barry Allen (The Flash)
  3. Jeff (Manukos) - short for Jeffonimo
  4. Lance (Ecthelion III) - The Second Nameless
  5. Booken (Paranoid King) - a victim of the "common word + en" method of naming
  6. Garshin (Yitzi2)
  7. Ribis (cloudjumper) - the bored second son of a noble from the Remote Dominance
  8. Stick McStick (_Stick_)
  9. Remart (Jondesu)
  10. Beet Asper (Ornstein) - an old timer who knows his stuff
  11. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - a scion of a well - respected noble house
  12. Absolen (StrikerEZ) - a skaa worker in the Conrad fields
  13. Jay (DroughtBringer) - a blind young man attempting to keep his blindness a secret
  14. Boris (Elenion) - a guard known for laziness and general apathy
  15. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian) - hoping to ascend to Ruin
  16. Mehir (Metacognition) - a mute and paranoid guard
  17. Cluny (Cluny the Scourge) - a man who believes he is a rat with a spearhead on his tail
  18. Valbar (TheMightyLopen) - who always gets ignored despite his large stature
  19. Mila (BrightnessRadiant) - a girl from the country
  20. Sorren Karidor (Dalinar Kholin) - an old guard who's been here longer than any of you whippersnappers
  21. Argyle (Sart) - a very clumsy man

Edited by Seonid

Just now, BrightnessRadiant said:

oops in my RP I made Mila be at a manor house not in the city...I wasn't sure if it was in luthadel or not....guess my RP is still technically accurate. lol Thanks @Seonid haha

I originally intended this action to take place at the manor house, but enough people have been RPing in Luthadel that I thought I'd make the transition, so that everybody ended up at the same page. Just imagine your character as...one of the guards who was already there, getting things ready.