Night 8: Clumsiness Killed the Venture

Argyle was well known for being a clumsy man. It was a particular quirk of his, and he prided himself on using it to blend in. Nobody expected a clumsy oaf of being a spy. It couldn't possibly have been his fault that everything was falling apart around him.

"There he goes! Get him!"

He darted down a corridor, deeper into the basement floor of the manor. He had to get away. It wasn't his fault he had slept through a spy meeting, and then when he showed up late to the appointed place with his notes and plans, had disturbed a pair of guards dicing. He was the accountant of the spy ring, for the Lord Ruler's sake, not a warrior! He shouldn't have to be doing all of this running and hiding and trying to avoid being killed. That was Remart's job! Except Remart had gone off and gotten himself discovered, the fool.

Argyle skidded to a halt at an intersection of hallways. One led back up, to where he could get out. The other was a dead end, and he had gotten turned around enough that he couldn't remember which was which. Just his luck. Down to blind chance, he supposed. Those never worked out well for him. After a moment's hesitation, he ran left.

Luck wasn't on his side. The hallway ended in a locked door, and behind him he could hear the sound of angry voices getting closer. He wouldn't have time to go back now. He kicked desperately the door, trying to open it, but it wouldn't yield. Behind him, he heard the shouts of recognition. "I found him! This way!" It was over. Nothing more to do now.

Argyle knelt down, clamping his arms around his knees, waiting for them.

It didn't take long.

------------------------------------

Night 8 has begun! It will end at 10:30 PM, Mountain Daylight Time, June 23rd.

pin_1498278600.png

Argyle (Sart) was lynched! They were a Venture Tineye!

Vote Count:

Elenion (2): Araris Valerian, Metacognition

Sart (3): The Flash, Manukos, Elenion

Player List:

1. Marv (Hemalurgic_Headshot)
  2. Barry Allen (The Flash)
  3. Jeff (Manukos) - short for Jeffonimo
  4. Lance (Ecthelion III) - The Second Nameless Metallurgist
  5. Booken (Paranoid King) - a victim of the "common word + en" method of naming Village Seeker
  6. Garshin (Yitzi2) Village Hazekiller
  7. Ribis (cloudjumper) - the bored second son of a noble from the Remote Dominance Village Coinshot
  8. Stick McStick (_Stick_) Village Courier and Brass Spiked
  9. Remart (Jondesu) Venture Hazekiller
  10. Beet Asper (Ornstein) - an old timer who knows his stuff Metallurgist
  11. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - a scion of a well - respected noble house Village Captain
  12. Absolen (StrikerEZ) - a skaa worker in the Conrad fields Village Lurcher
  13. Jay (DroughtBringer) - a blind young man attempting to keep his blindness a secret Village Hazekiller
  14. Boris (Elenion) - a guard known for laziness and general apathy
  15. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian) - hoping to ascend to Ruin
  16. Mehir (Metacognition) - a mute and paranoid guard
  17. Cluny (Cluny the Scourge) - a man who believes he is a rat with a spearhead on his tail Village Soother with a Bronze Spike
  18. Valbar (TheMightyLopen) - who always gets ignored despite his large stature Village Rioter
  19. Mila (BrightnessRadiant) - a girl from the country Venture Courier
  20. Sorren Karidor (Dalinar Kholin) - an old guard who's been here longer than any of you whippersnappers Village Thug
  21. Argyle (Sart) - a very clumsy man Venture Tineye

And that gives us the last piece if evidence we need against Meta. If Meta actually believed Sart was an elim--as he said he did at the end of last cycle--he would have changed his vote to Sart to ensure the lynch. By keeping his vote on me, he gave Sart the opportunity to get on and tie the lynch, and we were only saved from that by Sart being distracted by the other game. Therefore, Meta must not have really suspected Sart, and the only reason Meta would lie about something like that is if Meta was an elim with Sart.

@The Flash @Araris Valerian We now have concrete evidence against Meta. Do you trust me enough to follow my lead?

@ManukosPlease shut Meta down tonight. I know he says that he's going to Hazekill me, but if I'm right about him then he's planning on dropping the Haze and just plain killing me instead. :D

@Hemalurgic_HeadshotYou're now cleared, according to my analysis from last cycle.

38 minutes ago, Elenion said:

@ManukosPlease shut Meta down tonight. I know he says that he's going to Hazekill me, but if I'm right about him then he's planning on dropping the Haze and just plain killing me instead. :D

sure will do 
just so you know that if a kill still happens  , i'll be coming after you,  in the morning ,my friend

2 minutes ago, Manukos said:

sure will do 
just so you know that if a kill still happens  , i'll be coming after you,  in the morning ,my friend

Agreed. If Meta doesn't put the kill in but it still happens, Araris and Flash are above suspicion, you know that you didn't make the kill, and HH is totally gone (and basically cleared), so that only leaves me. I'd do the same thing were I in your place.

2 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Agreed. If Meta doesn't put the kill in but it still happens, Araris and Flash are above suspicion, you know that you didn't make the kill, and HH is totally gone (and basically cleared), so that only leaves me. I'd do the same thing were I in your place.

i thought of a convoluted plan that meta were to block you and if anything other than the kill being blocked happened than we'd go after him but i dont like it 

Boris sat in the guardroom late at night, scratching in his journal with an aged pen. A few days ago, he would have been blissfully asleep by this time. But in those few days, he had felt a change come over him. The Boris of a few days ago was careless, painless, and lethargic. The Boris of today wore a bandage over an ugly chest bruise that still pained him if he breathed too hard. The Boris of last week said little and wrote nothing, but the Boris of today sat here, in a hard, uncomfortable chair, writing a report about each guard remaining, prepared to deliver a speech rousing them to action in the morning. For once, he was even sober, but that didn't last too long as he sipped some liquor to dull the pain in his ribs. He chuckled merrily. He may have changed some, but Boris was still Boris.

Edited by Elenion
typo :(

Barry of the dead house of Allen sat, relaxed in his small room. He still had glass knives strapped to his thighs, but he didn't feel too nervous. Having secured the death of another Venture the previous day felt amazing. 

His body was slightly drained from the constant pewter burning, to prevent any surprises from the few Ventures that might be left. Somehow, announcing that he was a Mistborn had actually worked. People had given him pewter. However, Garshin, the guard who had taken him under his wing and given him the first pewter, and another one, was dead. He had lost so many people to the Ventures. His wife, his family, his new friends...

Barry pondered. Perhaps as a mistborn he could get work at a Great House in Luthadel. Or, perhaps his blood as a powerful noble allomancer would allow him to actually marry into a house. The thought of remarriage sent a stab of pain into his heart, a cruel reminder of the vision burning gold had shown him. He breathed out, reminding himself of the fact that he needed to accept that there was no point in holding guilt about what he may or may not have done to cause the death of his house. The best thing he could do... was to finish off the Ventures here, and then move on. 

Perhaps there was hope. Hope for a life worth living for. Hope that maybe, this would all turn out right. 

Day 9: Brawlers, Redux

The news that they had found and killed a third Venture spy should have made the remaining guards happy. Instead, it only increased the tension. Because there could be more out there, and nobody knew who. More and more fights broke out among the guards during common hours. The last of these fights left Mehir the mute and Jeffonimo with broken arms. Shortly after, the officers closed down the bar.

One way or another, it would be over soon.

Day 9 has begun! It will end at 10:30 PM, Mountain Daylight Time, June 25th.

pur_1498451400.png

Mehir (Metacognition) was Injured!

Jeff (Manukos) was Injured!

Player List:

1. Marv (Hemalurgic_Headshot)
  2. Barry Allen (The Flash)
  3. Jeff (Manukos) - short for Jeffonimo
  5. Booken (Paranoid King) - a victim of the "common word + en" method of naming Village Seeker
  7. Ribis (cloudjumper) - the bored second son of a noble from the Remote Dominance Village Coinshot
  11. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - a scion of a well - respected noble house Village Captain
  13. Jay (DroughtBringer) - a blind young man attempting to keep his blindness a secret Village Hazekiller
  14. Boris (Elenion) - a guard known for laziness and general apathy
  15. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian) - hoping to ascend to Ruin
  16. Mehir (Metacognition) - a mute and paranoid guard
  17. Cluny (Cluny the Scourge) - a man who believes he is a rat with a spearhead on his tail Village Soother with a Bronze Spike
  18. Valbar (TheMightyLopen) - who always gets ignored despite his large stature Village Rioter
  20. Sorren Karidor (Dalinar Kholin) - an old guard who's been here longer than any of you whippersnappers Village Thug

Whether or not Meta is innocent, we can consider Manukos soft-cleared, because an innocent Meta would have Hazekilled me while an evil Meta would have used the elim kill on somebody. Either way, Manukos was unrestrained from performing the elim kill against anybody he would have liked.

HH: Cleared because both him and Sart were blocked the cycle that the elim kill was successfully used on Yitzi.

Flash: Cleared due to attempted elim kill on him with little chance of WGG

Manukos: Cleared by reasoning at the first of this post

Len: Uncleared

Araris: Cleared by multiple confirmed Thefts carried out

Meta: Uncleared

This is it, comrades: it's either me or Meta.

The evidence for Meta's guilt:

--Attempted distancing by Jon as Jon accused Meta of colluding with Araris

--Meta was not on the Hazekill list and so was guaranteed a free shot at Yitzi, while I had a 50% chance of being Hazekilled

--Meta did not participate in the lynch against elim!Sart. Instead...

--Meta attempted to give Sart the opportunity to tie the vote. Only Sart being distracted by the other game and not voting saved the lynch

--Most important of all, Meta was blocked last night and no elim kill occurred

The evidence for my innocence:

--I have a GM-confirmed alibi for the night that Jon Hazekilled a teammate, while Meta has none

--The next night, I was Hazekilled by Manukos (now cleared), which proved I didn't make the elim kill that night

--I assisted in the Sart lynch, identifying Sart as a likely elim in my massive analysis post (although admittedly I preferred to lynch Meta to Sart), and without my vote the lynch wouldn't have happened

--I identified Meta as a likely elim before Meta attempted to save Sart with his vote

--I've been heading the discussion for the last few cycles, and the discussion has been extremely harmful to the elims due to it establishing cleared players

--I was unblocked last night (or probably was, since both Hazekills are accounted for) but no elim kill occurred

Edit: I should probably vote, then. Oops. :DMeta

Edited by Elenion

Emmm actually @Elenion you have just been cleared due to the fact that there was no kill tonight. So it is actualy either me or meta. (Well I guess you could have decided to not put in the order so that we would go after meta and then after me ....but please let it not be that . )

I belive that our path to victory has been paved .

I will vote for metacognition as well !

Ps I am from my phone cos I slept in a friends house as soon as I get back Ill color the name.

Edited by Manukos

4 hours ago, Manukos said:

Emmm actually @Elenion you have just been cleared due to the fact that there was no kill tonight. So it is actualy either me or meta. (Well I guess you could have decided to not put in the order so that we would go after meta and then after me ....but please let it not be that . )

I belive that our path to victory has been paved .

I will vote for metacognition as well !

Ps I am from my phone cos I slept in a friends house as soon as I get back Ill color the name.

Manukos it is possible that elenion wouldn't put in the kill, in order to cause a mislynch. However, I agree about Sart. Sart died because Elenion led the charge. No elim would do that to their team mate. So meta  

33 minutes ago, The Flash said:

Manukos it is possible that elenion wouldn't put in the kill, in order to cause a mislynch. However, I agree about Sart. Sart died because Elenion led the charge. No elim would do that to their team mate. So meta  

i belive i did mention that 
but you are right , the most convincing evidence is that he went after sart easily , and though i belive you led the charge , his help was more than useful

Well, seems like your minds are made up. And all off it whether or not Sart was likely to come back or not for the last vote. And all that idea from someone that has been guiding things for the last few cycles. And yet you continue to believe him....  

I blocked Len last night, as I said I would. The fact that Manukos and I were both injured confirms that. 

So what I think happened is that Len declined to not put in a kill because he knew he'd be blocked. So Manukos and I waste our Hazekills on each other (he even suggested that Manukos use his Hazekill on me) and then he has free reign. 

When I die, if the game isn't over, lynch Len next. He's been guiding the last few lynches to the point that I just can't trust him. 

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Metacognition said:

When I die, if the game isn't over, lynch Len next. He's been guiding the last few lynches to the point that I just can't trust him. 

Good luck!

objections with this plan?

The evening found Boris again at the desk in the guardroom. He was thoroughly exhausted from the events of the morning: he had woken early (for him--the rest of the guards had been already awake) and somehow with no ill effects from the alcohol he had consumed last night. After getting dressed he had delivered the speech that had taken him so many hours of the night to write. Boris had never pictured himself as a public speaker, and admittedly his speech was no literary marvel, but it had served its purpose, riling most of his fellow guards into a mob determined to kill Mehir. Unfortunately, by the time the mob had organized, it had been time to go on shift, and so the riled guardsmen had dispersed, muttering ominously. Boris had since heard most of the topics of conversation: the suspicions of Mehir's guilt, the plans for reforming the mob as the guard shift ended, the nagging suspicions that he, Boris, was actually a Venture. As he sat in the guardroom as twilight fell, Boris knew one thing: Rust and Ruin was about to break loose.

Aftermath

(RP to come tomorrow sometime. Sorry for the delay, but it's late.)

Vote Count:

Metacognition (3): The Flash, Manukos, Elenion

Mehir (Metacognition) was lynched! He was a Venture Hazekiller!

Player List:

1. Marv (Hemalurgic_Headshot) Village Smoker
  2. Barry Allen (The Flash) Village Mistborn
  3. Jeff (Manukos) - short for Jeffonimo Village Hazekiller
  14. Boris (Elenion) - a guard known for laziness and general apathy Village Hazekiller with a Zinc Spike
  15. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian) - hoping to ascend to Ruin Thief with a Bronze Spike and a Brass Spike
  16. Mehir (Metacognition) - a mute and paranoid guard Venture Hazekiller with a Copper Spike

Venture Agents
Luthadel Informant's Network

Edited by Seonid

Good game, all! That was pretty darn close, and had a couple of things panned out differently I don't think an eliminator win was too far from happening. Well played to the elims, especially to @Metacognition whom I was reading village on for most of the game.

Also, I want to shout out to @Manukos for being the lynchpin (no pun intended) of the village defense: choosing Sart seemingly at random to block the night Yitzi was killed, for casting the deciding vote on Sart, for denying Meta the opportunity to make the elim kill last night, and for trusting me even when I wasn't the most cleared player out there. Also to @The Flash for being an absolute wall of protection out there, and for deciding on Sart over HH to lynch.

@Seonid  Can we get access to the docs? I'm particularly interested in the elim doc. Also, the player list is missing my Spike and maybe another.

You'll see about it in the Elim Doc once Seonid posts them, but there were about 2-3 different points where we almost had the game. The trick with Jon was just one of them. It was just bad luck that we went after the thief (Araris), since we were hoping to be able to work with the thief at that point. Honestly, the thing that saved you guys more so than anything else was the inactives coming back. If Drought, Manukos, and HH hadn't all come back, I'm pretty sure we still could've gotten a lynch on Araris at that point and that would've won us the game. 

Still, even though we lost, that was a really close game. And those kind of games are the best, IMO. So GG everyone! 

Aww good game! I was very sad I died so quickly :P kudos to @TheMightyLopen for catching my mistake when I forgot to mention the no kill night (which was actually an accident that there was no kill for all of those wondering lol) too bad I'm usually so observant so I couldn't get away with the being oblivious excuse haha, and also great job to @cloudjumper for killing me lol ;) I was about to go spreading all kinds of evil PMs and you stopped it before it could happen :ph34r: (you're no fun lol jk)

1 minute ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Aww good game! I was very sad I died so quickly :P kudos to @TheMightyLopen for catching my mistake when I forgot to mention the no kill night (which was actually an accident that there was no kill for all of those wondering lol) too bad I'm usually so observant so I couldn't get away with the being oblivious excuse haha, and also great job to @cloudjumper for killing me lol ;) I was about to go spreading all kinds of evil PMs and you stopped it before it could happen :ph34r: (you're no fun lol jk)

Haha, yeah, I didn't think you'd have missed that as a villager. ;)

Good game everyone! That was a very close game, but I'm glad my team was able to come up on top! :lol: 

Thanks for running the game Seonid! I enjoyed playing for the short time I was alive >>, and I still had fun watching to the very end from the grave, heh.