1 minute ago, Elenion said:

*awakes from AP-test-induced hibernation*

It's probably about time I signed up for another game. My character will be Boris, a guard who's known for his general apathy and laziness. The only reason he hasn't been released from his post is--actually, I don't even know why he hasn't been fired yet. Huh.

Glad to have you

1 minute ago, Elenion said:

*awakes from AP-test-induced hibernation*

It's probably about time I signed up for another game. My character will be Boris, a guard who's known for his general apathy and laziness. The only reason he hasn't been released from his post is--actually, I don't even know why he hasn't been fired yet. Huh.

Oooo you have 666 reputation. I'm nice so I won't give you another one

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

Don't worry, we usually give first-timers a while before they're lynched or murdered

Well, unless they're inactive.  Then all bets are off.

Another question for the GM: If someone is killed, what happens to their vials?  Are they simply removed from play?

Edited by Yitzi2

19 hours ago, Seonid said:

A player may pass one or more vials they possess to another player during the Day Turn instead of voting, or during the Night Turn instead of taking an action or ordering metals.

Read this as ordering meals XD

4 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Well, unless they're inactive.  Then all bets are off.

Another question for the GM: If someone is killed, what happens to their vials?  Are they simply removed from play?

Ooh. Good question.  I missed that in the rules.  Spikes go to the player that killed the victim.  Metals are removed from the game.

50 minutes ago, randuir said:

Hey, I survived my whole first game as well. For some reasons, the elims never felt like attacking me...

Funny how that works...

@Yitzi, they still get a couple rounds before we decide they're inactive at least.

Edited by Jondesu

8 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Y'know, school just ended, and I think I'm up for this. I'll be Hadrian Penrod. Maybe I'll get hemalurgic spikes in all the powers as a Mistborn and ascend to Ruin.

:D

Luckily, Ruin isn't the evil team in this game...

24 minutes ago, Straw said:

@Seonid, could I have a link to the spec doc?

Oops - forgot to respond there. Of course - I just haven't set up a spec doc yet. As soon as I get there, you'll have the link.

Mehir leaned against the wall of the barracks, studying his fellow new recruits and the grizzled veterans alike. He was a tall man with a lanky frame; not exactly typical guardsman material. But what he lacked in strength, he more than made up for it by being observant. 

...Or that was what everyone assumed, considering that seemed to be all that he did. So far, no one had heard him speak even a single word. This led some people to start to think that he might even be mute. 

Mehir frowned slightly and crossed his arms while scanning everyone. He might have said a word, but the move conveyed his meaning well enough. It seemed to say, "I don't trust this, or any of you, at all. The chances that Venture hasn't used the new recruitment to place spies and saboteurs among our ranks is slim to none. And if I find out that you're plotting against House Conrad, the results will not be pretty." 

I've been wanting to run a character that doesn't speak for awhile now. :) We'll see how this goes. 

Edited by Metacognition

43 minutes ago, Metacognition said:

Mehir leaned against the wall of the barracks, studying his fellow new recruits and the grizzled veterans alike. He was a tall man with a lanky frame; not exactly typical guardsman material. But what he lacked in strength, he more than made up for it by being observant. 

...Or that was what everyone assumed, considering that seemed to be all that he did. So far, no one had heard him speak even a single word. This led some people to start to think that he might even be mute. 

Mehir frowned slightly and crossed his arm while scanning everyone. He might have said a word, but the move conveyed his meaning well enough. It seemed to say, "I don't trust this, or any of you, at all. The chances that Venture hasn't used the new recruitment to place spies and saboteurs among our ranks is slim to none. And if I find out that you're plotting against House Conrad, the results will not be pretty." 

I've been wanting to run a character that doesn't speak for awhile now. :) We'll see how this goes. 

Sounds like a fascinating RP choice! I love it!

47 minutes ago, Metacognition said:

Mehir frowned slightly and crossed his arm while scanning everyone. He might have said a word, but the move conveyed his meaning well enough. It seemed to say, "I don't trust this, or any of you, at all. The chances that Venture hasn't used the new recruitment to place spies and saboteurs among our ranks is slim to none. And if I find out that you're plotting against House Conrad, the results will not be pretty."

"Oh, I'm sure there are spies and saboteurs around here somewhere.  Which of us those are...well, that remains to be seen."

(By the way, a question for the GM: If, after game start, we want to write up RP that would give away our alignment, role, etc., can we write it up and send it to you to be posted in the spec doc?)

Edited by Yitzi2

4 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

"Oh, I'm sure there are spies and saboteurs around here somewhere.  Which of us those are...well, that remains to be seen."

(By the way, a question for the GM: If, after game start, we want to write up RP that would give away our alignment, role, etc., can we write it up and send it to you to be posted in the spec doc?)

That's totally fine.

7 hours ago, randuir said:

Hey, I survived my whole first game as well. For some reasons, the elims never felt like attacking me...

/Sarcasm: I wonder why.

Same thing for my first game too, though...

Edited by DroughtBringer

Bother, Hadrian thought to himself, I guess I got on the wrong canalboat. This was supposed to be House Penrod. I suppose if there are traitors running around, I shouldn't mention that I'm not from House Conrad.

"Hello, my name is Hadrian Conrad, professional nobleman and historian. Let's get things settled here fast so I have something interesting to write about."

Edited by Araris Valerian

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

Bother, Hadrian thought to himself, I guess I got on the wrong canalboat. This was supposed to be House Penrod. I suppose if there are traitors running around, I shouldn't mention that I'm not from House Conrad.

"Hello, my name is Hadrian Conrad, professional nobleman and historian. Let's get things settled her fast so I have something interesting to write about."

"If you want interesting things to write about, just try to stay alive for another fifteen years or so."

6 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

I had a quite large RP typed up, and then I accidentally clicked the "next unread topic" link at the bottom of the page and it all got delete. <_<

I'm not going to spend another hour rewriting it. I really wish it kept a backup...

Worst feeling in the world :(

Edit: Well, forum. #SEPeopleProblems

Edited by Amanuensis

Marv rubbed the stone in his pocket. It was a streambed stone, worn smooth from erosion, and his fingers made it smoother still. He always kept it on him for luck. He walked through the morning streets of Luthadel, only vague impressions of glimmers of mist left lingering in corners and alleys. He was not from Luthadel, from the Northern Dominance, but had come here for work and to see the world while he was young. He was a noble, because such differentiations mattered under the Lord Ruler, faintly related to Lord Lekal. However, some point back in his ancestry, a portion of the Lekals had migrated to the Northern Dominance to take advantage of its resources.

His fingers flipped the stone in his pocket as he passed by Keep Lekal. It was magnificent, grand and imposing, decorated with tall, vibrant stained-glass windows. He paused outside, gazing at the grand doors of the Keep. Dare he go in? Would anyone recognize him? He didn't know anything of Luthadel politics or custom, so he better not. Shaking his head, he walked down the street.

He glanced at the store windows as he passed, watching for signs. Any work? None. He sighed and moved to the next street. He patrolled those streets with fervor, the growing hunger in his stomach driving him harder as the day progressed to find some odd job that could fill his belly. For a moment, he was distracted by a street vendor, boasting a display of sweet rolls. His stomach grumbled, but he didn't stop. He didn't stop, so he stumbled into someone.

"Oh, oh, I'm so sorry. My dearest apologies, sir," Marv gushed. He helped the man to his feet and stepped back to give him some room. The man turned to look at him. He was older, with stumble on his chin the color of charcoal. His eyes were gray and had not seen sleep last night. He wore a slight scowl as he looked Marv up and down. Marv shifted uncomfortably and rubbed the stone in his pocket. The man grumbled.

"Hmph. Are you out of work, boy?" The man growled. Marv nodded. The man tapped his chin and thought for a moment. "Well good for you, boy. I've got a job for ya. Follow me to Keep Conrad." The man turned and nearly vanished into the crowded street. Marv shook himself out of his stupor and dashed after him.

Barry Allen was wondering why he had taken up guard duty. 

Now, it was good pay, working for house Conrad. As good of a pay as a new guard could get. But it was also extremely boring. 

He had a family to support, so he needed the pay. But he wished that he could actually do something exciting. Was there nothing exciting in any of this empire? 

He sighed and kicked a rock at a nearby Skaa. At least he wasn't as lowly as these scum. They were true slaves. He at least got payed well. He took his spear and jabbed at an imaginary enemy. One of the older guards glared at him, so Barry wiped the ash off of his uniform, and went back to being bored. 

Garshin noticed another guard kicking a rock at a nearby man, and glared at the man.  Why did...oh right, I'm in the late Final Empire now, the skaa are heavily mistreated.  For all the good he did, the Sliver really messed up there.

23 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Garshin noticed another guard kicking a rock at a nearby man, and glared at the man.  Why did...oh right, I'm in the late Final Empire now, the skaa are heavily mistreated.  For all the good he did, the Sliver really messed up there.

Barry took another look at the older guard and walked up to him. 

"You from around here? Does anything exciting ever happen here?"