4 hours ago, The Flash said:

If you have a hemalurgic spike, so you require the metal vials in order to use the hemalurgically given ability? Can you... make yourself into a hemalurgic mistborn? 

If somehow you manage to find spikes for all of the metals, then yes, that is a thing that could be done...

It could come with... risks,  though. (And I'll say no more because spoilers)

4 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

Question: In your example, each Metallurgist had 3 metals available.  Is it always 3 metals, or is each metal rolled individually, or do you first randomly determine the number of metals and then determine which ones they are?

Each metal is rolled for individually.  The percent chance isn't fixed - the longer a metal goes being unavailable,  the higher the chance it shows up. Could be that all metals are available one cycle.  On a particularly unlucky cycle,  it could be that none are.

Edited by Seonid

1 minute ago, Seonid said:

If somehow you manage to find slows for all of the metals, then yes, that is a thing that could be done...

It could come with... risks,  though. (And I'll say no more because spoilers)

Each metal is rolled for individually.  The percent chance isn't fixed - the longer a metal goes being unavailable,  the higher the chance it shows up. Could be that all neutrals are available one cycle.  On a particularly unlucky cycle,  it could be that none are.

Neutrals?  Are there metals that aren't neutral in some way?

Another couple of questions: If Iron is available through metallurgist A, does that reset its probability for metallurgist B as well?

And how does the probability of availability scale with the time since it was last available?

3 minutes ago, The Flash said:

Sweet! It starts on my birthday! I hope I don't get lynched on my birthday. That would stink

Nah, it starts on a night. at worst you'll get killed by the elims on your birthday :P

10 minutes ago, randuir said:

Nah, it starts on a night. at worst you'll get killed by the elims on your birthday :P

Well then. I hope the elims are nice and don't kill me on my birthday. On my first SE. Oh who am I kidding. They'll probably kill me just for asking them not to. Also, Barry Allen is a smart guard. He's new, but has an impeccable reputation. (That is, he's never been hired before, so how could he be allied with the Ventures?)

Edited by The Flash

34 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Another couple of questions: If Iron is available through metallurgist A, does that reset its probability for metallurgist B as well?

And how does the probability of availability scale with the time since it was last available?

Any time it shows up for any metallurgist resets.

The probability and scaling factors aren't set in stone yet.  It will depend on how many metallurgist there are, which I won't know until I have a final player count.

32 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

@Seonid there are risks with too many spikes? Does this have Ruinous consequences?

PAFO! :ph34r:

I'll sign up as Locke Tekiel, a scion of a thoroughly reputable noble house with absolutely no interest in infiltrating House Conrad so as to seek to frustrate the efforts of House Venture, whatever they might be, for it would clearly be beneath the dignity of such an esteemed house to do such a thing...

Hmmmm so... I'm guessing that in spite of the consequences, everyone who starts with a single spike will probably spike themselves.

Unless spiking can change your alignment and people start with many spikes, and then you get an LG32 sort of situation (but I really don't think you would do it quite like that).

So...

<information mining>I don't suppose there is some mechanic that will be injecting new spikes into the game?</information mining>

2 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

So...

<information mining>I don't suppose there is some mechanic that will be injecting new spikes into the game?</information mining>

:ph34r:

Hey, this sounds pretty cool. I'll be Absolen. A skaa worker in the Conrad fields.

This'll be my first game, so I need to go reread the rules for stuff like this again. Also, what's a spec doc?

5 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hey, this sounds pretty cool. I'll be Absolen. A skaa worker in the Conrad fields.

This'll be my first game, so I need to go reread the rules for stuff like this again. Also, what's a spec doc?

Welcome!  The spectator doc is a Google doc where players who don't have time to play the game can watch and talk about it.  Often it's combined with the doc where dead players go to complain about getting killed.

Also, I neglected to welcome @The Flash. Always good to have a speedster in our company! 

1 hour ago, The Flash said:

Well then. I hope the elims are nice and don't kill me on my birthday. On my first SE. Oh who am I kidding. They'll probably kill me just for asking them not to. Also, Barry Allen is a smart guard. He's new, but has an impeccable reputation. (That is, he's never been hired before, so how could he be allied with the Ventures?)

Don't worry, we usually give first-timers a while before they're lynched or murdered, so you'll probably survive at least a few rounds. I survive my entire first game, but I do understand that was fairly lucky and unusual. Most people don't survive most games, of course.

I'm officially using Remart for my character. I like using a native, and Awakening would be too weird in this setting I think.

14 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Don't worry, we usually give first-timers a while before they're lynched or murdered, so you'll probably survive at least a few rounds. I survive my entire first game, but I do understand that was fairly lucky and unusual. Most people don't survive most games, of course.

I'm officially using Remart for my character. I like using a native, and Awakening would be too weird in this setting I think.

Fantastic. Hope my speedster abilities come in handy (hidden role of a feruchemist anyone?). 

42 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Hey, I survived my whole first game as well. For some reasons, the elims never felt like attacking me...

So... @randuir, @Herowannabe, @Araris Valerian, and anyone else who I've missed viewing the thread...

Y'all gonna sign up? :D

I'll make your deaths extra grisly! And who knows, you might even get a free Hemalurgic Spike*!

*offer not available in all areas. Subject to availability. The GM is not responsible for mental instability resulting from the use of this product. Use at your own risk. The GM is also not liable for murders committed using items provided.

*awakes from AP-test-induced hibernation*

It's probably about time I signed up for another game. My character will be Boris, a guard who's known for his general apathy and laziness. The only reason he hasn't been released from his post is--actually, I don't even know why he hasn't been fired yet. Huh.