Lounge II (The Lounge Strikes Back)

kais

6 hours ago, kais said:

I believe what you meant to write was challenge accepted!

No, I was complaining about the grammar. When a publisher uses 'less' when it should be 'fewer', I start to get a bad feeling :lol: 

In all seriousness though, I would value your opinion as a published author, which I know will be completely honest (to a fault :D). I was thinking about submitting TMM. What do you think? Give it to me straight.

17 minutes ago, Robinski said:

What do you think? Give it to me straight.

I think it depends on its state of editing. I think the story is delightful and very publishable. I remember though that the beginning was slow and there was some wandering near the end. Have you done revisions since you subbed it here? Do you have a CP who could go over it? The deadline isn't until the 31st and I think that would be plenty of time to get it tightened up!!

I've got 3 people beta reading at the moment (I think!): one under my direct 'oversight' ;) (Mrs. Robinski). I don't have a CP though. It has changed a bit since I submitted it on here. I'm going into Edit Three. I do acknowledge there were issues, and I know perfection is unattainable, but I would like to give this a go as the next stage on my glacial progression towards learning more about the business end of things.

On 06/12/2017 at 6:40 PM, kais said:

Welcome back! I loved following your adventures on Twitter!

Thanks! It was a great trip. Sad I never got around to doing that travel blog that I threatened, though. I may still try to do it retroactively. XD

On 06/12/2017 at 11:17 PM, Robinski said:

Yes, welcome back. It was just starting to get dicey there, and looked like I was going to have to count higher than 2.

Never fear! I have returned, and brought my ability to count all the way to, uhm, 4.

To be fair, I am a jazz musician; you're lucky you can get me to count at all. ;)

1 hour ago, Silk said:

To be fair, I am a jazz musician; you're lucky you can get me to count at all.

At the first sign of syncopation, I will stage a coup to oust you from power :lol: 

Edited by Robinski

On 12/6/2017 at 1:23 PM, kais said:

A reminder to everyone that Angry Robot is having its open door period now. You can submit without an agent. They do this once every two to three years, so if you have a manuscript ready, why not give it a go?

Link here. You can follow along with the crowd on the Absolute Write tracker here. 

Also @Mandamon, maybe for Fruits????

Alright...I can do this. I figured out I just need to remove 34 words per page!

1 hour ago, Robinski said:

Yeah, me too. I LOVE that stuff. I'd be happy to roll up my sleeves and pitch in.

Thanks for the offers!

I'll see how this week goes. I think I'm getting a handle on it. It's amazing how much I recognize immediately as redundant, from only a year more writing, as well as coming off doing this same thing to Seeds. I have a list of overused words and everything!

• 2 weeks later...

I've done it! All 13+3 holiday mini pies are in the mail or have been delivered in person! This has nothing to do with writing other than pie has been the thing consuming about 85% of my processing power for the last month and a half, and now that I'm free of it I can focus on other things... like 18 pies' worth of dishes. But then writing! >_>;; 

That's a lot of pies!

I suppose I should mention, I have a new book out!

The Seeds of Dissolution came out on Tuesday (hence the new profile pic), and you can download the eBook for only $0.99 this week!

Also, a friend of mine was very nice and recorded me reading the first chapter in HD, in full costume and everything...

Cover pic new tiny 20171221.jpg

Edited by Mandamon

19 hours ago, industrialistDragon said:

I've done it! All 13+3 holiday mini pies are in the mail or have been delivered in person! This has nothing to do with writing other than pie has been the thing consuming about 85% of my processing power for the last month and a half, and now that I'm free of it I can focus on other things... like 18 pies' worth of dishes. But then writing! >_>;; 

I like pie... Can you email me one?

Also, sorry I'm tardy with reviews and responding to your kindly-delivered comments on my latest submission. Last minute Christmas work dash has consumed my time the last few days. I'll get there soon.

Best wishes to all for Christmas!!

59 minutes ago, Robinski said:

I like pie... Can you email me one?

I would if I could! It's homemade-from-scratch meat-free mincemeat, and the cajoling I have to do to get average Americans to try it is sort of silly. "Try some spiced apple-raisin-cherry pie? Nooo, it has nothing to do with that scaaary mincemeat!" :ph34r:

But if we end up doing REcon, I'll try to remember to pack a jar for you. :) 

19 minutes ago, industrialistDragon said:

I would if I could! It's homemade-from-scratch meat-free mincemeat, and the cajoling I have to do to get average Americans to try it is sort of silly. "Try some spiced apple-raisin-cherry pie? Nooo, it has nothing to do with that scaaary mincemeat!" :ph34r:

Oooo! My mom used to make that. I loved it!

5 hours ago, kais said:

IT'S A JAR OF DEATH!

This combined with your current 17th shard reputation is hilarious.

4 hours ago, industrialistDragon said:

Mincemeat is perfectly safe! It certainly wasn't ever banned in any country and it definitely was never known for causing hallucinations. Nope! Never ever, ever.

Sugarplum fairies, anyone?

On 12/9/2017 at 9:52 AM, Mandamon said:
On 12/6/2017 at 1:23 PM, kais said:

A reminder to everyone that Angry Robot is having its open door period now. You can submit without an agent. They do this once every two to three years, so if you have a manuscript ready, why not give it a go?

Link here. You can follow along with the crowd on the Absolute Write tracker here. 

Also @Mandamon, maybe for Fruits????

Alright...I can do this. I figured out I just need to remove 34 words per page!

And done! I got Fruits down to 129k, and just hit the submission button for Angry Robot!

Now I'm wondering if its kosher for me to gently nudge Michael Underwood when the submission period is over. I met him on the second WX cruise and have kept up with him on FB and Twitter.