Lounge II (The Lounge Strikes Back)

kais

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks, I am spending the next couple weeks caring for a family member who just had a major surgery (everyone is fine) as well as juggling a couple project deadlines I'd li;ke to get ahead of. I may be slow, or unable, to crit for the next couple of weeks. Apologies.

Hey @Silk, if you need me to crack whip and sort the wheat from the chaff for the purposes of submitting next week, I am totally pleased to do that. Obviously, there will be a mad rush of submissions on Saturday, and we'll need to run some sort of drawing digital straws and such, but why don't you leave it to me, so you don't have to think about it?

2 hours ago, Robinski said:

Hey @Silk, if you need me to crack whip and sort the wheat from the chaff for the purposes of submitting next week, I am totally pleased to do that. Obviously, there will be a mad rush of submissions on Saturday, and we'll need to run some sort of drawing digital straws and such, but why don't you leave it to me, so you don't have to think about it?

Twist my arm, why don't you... if you're willing, that'd be great! Thank you!

11 hours ago, Sarah B said:

@Silk

Best wishes to you and your loved one! I hope everything goes well and that we have you back soon!

No offence intended to your assistant :-)

Thank you! Things are going really well so far. Nobody has any right to be zooming around like that after a knee replacement. And gosh, but she's keeping me busy. ;)

11 hours ago, Silk said:

zooming around like that after a knee replacement

Oh. Even if it feels good, she still could be damaging the work. Is it just the painkillers that are keeping her going. My Mum had her hip done and you really gotta rest it to make sure it 'sticks'. (I mean, they don't stick the bones together, but you know what I mean ;) )

8 hours ago, Robinski said:

Oh. Even if it feels good, she still could be damaging the work. Is it just the painkillers that are keeping her going. My Mum had her hip done and you really gotta rest it to make sure it 'sticks'. (I mean, they don't stick the bones together, but you know what I mean ;) )

LOL I keep telling her to take it easy. I think I've mostly convinced her... if only so she doesn't have to hear me say it anymore.

I'll be out for the next few weeks. I have surgery tomorrow and am not sure how long it will be before I'm able to critique and such again. Don't have too much fun while I'm gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a strange book today. Ashlords by Scott Reintgen, YA fantasy published in 2020. 

Admittedly, I picked this up at the library because of the cover. 

Spoiler

Apparently mobile isn't going to let me paste an image here. Stupid. Here's the link: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/42281865

It's a flaming horse. I love horses. It's billed as Red Rising meets The Scorpio Races, two books I enjoyed (lies, I love the Scorpio Races). 

Anyway. 

It has three POV's, not special for a YA. Except one of them is in second person. I'm on the third chapter and not really snatched yet (The Scorpio Races might have spoiled me), but the second person POV threw me for a surprise. 

Hopefully it will be good. If it isn't, I picked up the Murderbot Diaries I have heard so much about. 

EDIT: 50 pages in and I'm setting it down. Couldn't get into the characters, despite the interesting second person. Where were the horses???? I hit page 170 skimming with no horses and the race not starting and have come to the conclusion this is not a book for me. 

Edited by Snakenaps

Hmm, yeah that bugs me, when books do not live up to the expectation created by their covers, or titles.

Second person is an interesting choice. I like bold choices, provided that they are done well, and bit of experimentation never did anyone any harm (Are you sure?...Ed.).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 8:41 AM, Ace of Hearts said:

I don't know how many people here are familiar with the Ace Attorney video games but I have to share this trailer screenshot with everyone I know. I think it speaks for itself. 

I have never even heard of this but now I want to play them.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:41 AM, Ace of Hearts said:

I don't know how many people here are familiar with the Ace Attorney video games but I have to share this trailer screenshot with everyone I know. I think it speaks for itself. 

The extent of my knowledge of them comes from them being basically meme-ified in various gaming reviews or youtube videos by people who throw in references now and then. 

Which means that this fits pretty much perfectly into my very limited understanding of the games. :lol:

Edited by C_Vallion