kais

Lounge II (The Lounge Strikes Back)

1,224 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2020 at 7:06 PM, Turin Turambar said:

Thanks. 

(The funny thing is, I found out that I may be quarantining now, so there is a possibility that I'll be stuck home for a while.)

If so, I hope you can rest up and give your immune system every chance to fight if it needs to!

I was in quarantine but only for a day until the person that linked me to the confirmed case tested negative. Strange times.

Good luck, @Turin Turambar.

We'll still be here when you get back, if you are in fact away, or whatever, it's fine, go do what you gotta do.

_thumbs-up.jpg.b5302bcc21a8ca6b716a060d0749e48e.jpg

17 hours ago, Sarah B said:

If so, I hope you can rest up and give your immune system every chance to fight if it needs to!

I was in quarantine but only for a day until the person that linked me to the confirmed case tested negative. Strange times.

Yup. I got told I could leave quarantine a couple hours after I was told to go into quarantine. So it ended up that I got a free morning (which I spend writing, of course. B)

1 hour ago, Turin Turambar said:

Yup. I got told I could leave quarantine a couple hours after I was told to go into quarantine. So it ended up that I got a free morning (which I spend writing, of course. B)

You are better than me. At this point, I would have used that free time to sleep.

Happy to hear you are in the clear, though!

12 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

Lol. I think sometimes we all need someone to say 'You can't do anything else but write for the next four hours, or else!'

13 hours ago, Robinski said:

Lol. I think sometimes we all need someone to say 'You can't do anything else but write for the next four hours, or else!'

I think you've just come up with a new service for writers; The mildly threatening writing coach, coercion to create. 

See also: the extra strenght edition with 100% more death threats! 

1 hour ago, Sarah B said:

I think you've just come up with a new service for writers; The mildly threatening writing coach, coercion to create. 

Lol, sign me up.

On 8/31/2020 at 11:31 PM, Turin Turambar said:

My life is starting to get crazy, and my access to a computer will probably get down to an hour a week sometime in the near future. For way to many emails, critiquing, and writing. So just giving you a heads up that I'll still be around and I haven't died or something.

You're all great. 

Thanks for letting us know!

On 9/3/2020 at 11:50 PM, Turin Turambar said:

Nice! 

8 hours ago, Sarah B said:

think you've just come up with a new service for writers; The mildly threatening writing coach, coercion to create. 

LOL LOL

Spoiler

Shut Up And Take My Money! | Know Your Meme

^ My response to death-threat writing coaches.

Also, glad to finally have (largely) caught up with critiques. That was bothering me. But I did have a nice holiday at Loch Erne piloting a steam boat! And swimming in the lake. Which gave me new respect for @shatteredsmooth's lake-swimming. That thing was cold. I think my brother nearly had a heart attack when he jumped in, which was amusing.

6 hours ago, TheDwarfyOne said:

My response to death-threat writing coaches.

This comic was my immediate thought (content warning for foul language):

Spoiler

based on a true story

@TheDwarfyOne Piloting a steamboat sounds fun! 

The lake I swim in was pretty warm for most of the summer. At one point, it had been 84F (29C). Now it's down to 73F (23C). As it keeps cooling off, I'll wear my wetsuit shirt and shorts. But I may buy a full wetsuit this year so I can keep swimming later in the year. 

As it is, I'm down to 2-4 days a week and half a mile instead of a full mile. 

14 hours ago, shatteredsmooth said:

@TheDwarfyOne Piloting a steamboat sounds fun! 

The lake I swim in was pretty warm for most of the summer. At one point, it had been 84F (29C). Now it's down to 73F (23C). As it keeps cooling off, I'll wear my wetsuit shirt and shorts. But I may buy a full wetsuit this year so I can keep swimming later in the year. 

As it is, I'm down to 2-4 days a week and half a mile instead of a full mile. 

Now those temperatures are pretty much good summer weather here, so that sounds fine! I could handle that.

The steamboat was fun. My sister's bf owns and maintains one. I also convinced them to go up the Stairway to Heaven walk on the border with Cavan, which was fun. Loads of mites though.

So yea.. haven't been around much, Haven't been reading or writing much for the veyr silmple and very fun reason that MY GIRLFRIEND IS PREGNANT!!!

I will be back once life returns to normal, but the last few months have been absolute and joyfull chaos. I hope to be back within a few weeks when things calm down and we've gotten our feet beneath us again. Sorry for not responding to a lot of posts and especially to @shatteredsmooth wo's piece i promised to read before life kind of exploded.

I didn't abandon the idea of being an author and am looking to come back, i promise!

Congratulations!!

3 minutes ago, killersquid said:

Sorry for not responding to a lot of posts and especially to @shatteredsmooth wo's piece i promised to read before life kind of exploded.

Are you talking about the one from the alpha reader thread? I have been so overwhelmed with work and my other WIPs that I have not gotten a chance to revise that one yet. 

1 hour ago, killersquid said:

MY GIRLFRIEND IS PREGNANT!!!

This means only one thing...buying nerdy onesies. 

If this power is wasted on you, I shall be disappointed. 

Congratulations on all the cute baby smiles and laughter coming your way. I do not envy the diapers. 

On 07/09/2020 at 0:01 PM, TheDwarfyOne said:

My response to death-threat writing coaches.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also, glad to finally have (largely) caught up with critiques.

I am sitting looking up at that particular mountain. I've only been away from nine days, but had gritted for some days before that. Well done, you have my admiration.

That was bothering me.

Yup.

But I did have a nice holiday at Loch Erne piloting a steam boat! And swimming in the lake.

Awesome!!

I think my brother nearly had a heart attack when he jumped in, which was amusing.

Hah-hah-ha...ha... :blink:

On 07/09/2020 at 6:08 PM, Snakenaps said:

This comic was my immediate thought

ROFL. That's fantastic. Furniture restoration, double LOL.

On 08/09/2020 at 7:17 PM, TheDwarfyOne said:

Now those temperatures are pretty much good summer weather here

Yup :lol:

Edited by Robinski

11 hours ago, killersquid said:

So yea.. haven't been around much, Haven't been reading or writing much for the veyr silmple and very fun reason that MY GIRLFRIEND IS PREGNANT!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!* (Capital letters are mandatory in this situation.)

I will be back once life returns to normal,

Baaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha. Sorry. I don't mean this in an unkind way, I mean it in a totally positive way, but normal just got up and left the room. My daughter is 26 and she and her husband just bought their first place after 5 months of looking during which her husband got fired, got a new job and she got promoted. There is no more normal. Kids change everything. What you are seeking now is the new normal. Best of luck!! :D _thumbs-up.jpg.c20245c3964cfd5fe95af33b7bf486d8.jpg

I didn't abandon the idea of being an author and am looking to come back, i promise!

Yay. Never give that up it's such a flexible and constantly-evolving dream, still completely valid when your knees have 'gone' (for example).

13 hours ago, killersquid said:

Congratulations!!

10 hours ago, Robinski said:

but normal just got up and left the room

my normal has never been the most normal normal so ever evolving normal should feel pretty normal compared to my normal :)

I know I'm behind on critiques, but I'm not dead. I just got a job as a fine arts/first grade teacher and I'm vainly trying to get everything going since the district gave me nothing. Instead of writing and critiquing, I'm now learning how to make how-to-draw YouTube videos (geared towards kids but art is for any age) for the students who aren't able to come to my live class. 

I'm hoping everything will settle down soon. Please pray to the Crayola god that my markers and watercolors will come in soon so I can finally get my kids supplies...

1 hour ago, Snakenaps said:

Please pray to the Crayola god that my markers and watercolors will come in soon so I can finally get my kids supplies...

Yikes, that sounds difficult. Many crayola prayers coming your way!