Lounge II (The Lounge Strikes Back)

kais

15 hours ago, Snakenaps said:

Can you shoot me the chapter by Wednesday morning? I'm hoping to get to it by Wednesday morning/Thursday evening. 

I just shared the Google doc. :-)

It wasn't drastically different from the original, but I reworked a lot of the dialogue and added a few things, including a world building detail to set up for something in Ch. 8.

2 hours ago, TheDwarfyOne said:

20200626_131530.thumb.jpg.2adcf698930365a84cd4fa3fb494cae2.jpg

I have made some brownies!

(Oops, wrong picture, I meant to show you the domestic fairies I made. Oh well.)

Thanks to Snakenaps for the recipe. Four eggs? Who'da thought.

Yay! I don't think I've ever seen my brownie recipe cut out so nice and neat! I'm a heathen who cuts out a chunk out of the pan with a knife whenever I want a piece. Ate 3/4 of a pan by myself last week. 

1 hour ago, Robinski said:

Those look good, can you email me one? ;) 

58 minutes ago, TheDwarfyOne said:

Sorry, I can only email you cookies :(

@Robinski TheDwaryOne can't email you a brownie, but I can give you the recipe: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V6oTIO3VZTd4hKXmACiPdWOsYJ0NRo8NYWsFf7lp27A/edit?usp=drivesdk

@TheDwarfyOne Are we talking real cookies, or computer cookies? Cause if you got a cookie recipe you're hiding from me, I want it, and if it is a computer cookie - why do all the websites bother me with them!!! So frustrating with the pop-ups! 

1 hour ago, Snakenaps said:

if it is a computer cookie - why do all the websites bother me with them!!! So frustrating with the pop-ups! 

It's the price of 'freedom'. They used to just deliver the cookies without asking, now, they have to ask. Is the browsing experience better? Meh. Ironically, because your system probably is set to delete all cookies on closing your browser, it means the site has to ask you if you want cookies every time you go to it. That's progress :) 

3 hours ago, Snakenaps said:

Yay! I don't think I've ever seen my brownie recipe cut out so nice and neat! I'm a heathen who cuts out a chunk out of the pan with a knife whenever I want a piece. Ate 3/4 of a pan by myself last week. 

Thankfully I have a ravening horde - also called 'family' - to eat them for me. It requires precision cutting.

Are we talking real cookies, or computer cookies? Cause if you got a cookie recipe you're hiding from me, I want it, and if it is a computer cookie - why do all the websites bother me with them!!! So frustrating with the pop-ups! 

Well, I was making a joke about computer cookies. But I do have several cookie recipes. I'll look through my cookbook and type up my favourite in a bit. It's a shortbread chocolate chip cookie thing.

5 hours ago, Robinski said:

LOL sometimes I pry mine out with a fork or a spoon. OR just my hands if a few have already been removed. 

4 hours ago, Snakenaps said:

if it is a computer cookie - why do all the websites bother me with them!!! So frustrating with the pop-ups! 

Public service announcement for all of RE - run ad block extensions if you don't want to deal with pop-ups. I run a few of them and consequently, I don't get pop-ups. I don't even get ads on YouTube, which is how I prefer watching them. My preferred extension is AdBlock Plus, which is suitable for basically every browser, though there are plenty of others like if you want to look around.

And if you feel guilty about the fifty cents per year that you're no longer funding to the content creator through dodging said advertisements, just toss 'em the money using Patreon or GoFundMe or something.

1 hour ago, aeromancer said:

And if you feel guilty about the fifty cents per year that you're no longer funding to the content creator through dodging said advertisements, just toss 'em the money using Patreon or GoFundMe or something.

Huggies doesn't need my money. 

Also...why do I get Huggies commercials? I don't look up babies. I don't babysit. I am scared of babies because they look so fragile. They puke and poop everywhere and cry incessantly. Babies are like puppies, they are cute if owned by others. Is it because I'm woman and am young enough to pop out squealing prunes from between my legs? Cause it certainly isn't based off of my search history. 

Like, jeez, with the amount of time I look up horse stuff and model horses, come on, at least give me State Line Tack or Dover Saddlery ads. 

7 minutes ago, Snakenaps said:

Also...why do I get Huggies commercials?

I sometimes get baby commercials when I'm starting a new book because I spend so much time on name website, but I've never really been a target for them, even when I was in my twenties.

Lately, the adds, especially of FB, seem to be mostly either dog products or pride things, which is a little too accurate. There were a couple times the dog adds almost suckered  me into getting some dog bed or leash. 

I have some addblock that keeps me from getting popups at least.

6 hours ago, shatteredsmooth said:

Lately, the adds, especially of FB, seem to be mostly either dog products or pride things, which is a little too accurate.

Dude, dog products are awesome, and pride things are so colorful and joyful! You've definitely got better ads than me. 

11 hours ago, Snakenaps said:

Also...why do I get Huggies commercials? I don't look up babies. I don't babysit. I am scared of babies because they look so fragile. They puke and poop everywhere and cry incessantly. Babies are like puppies, they are cute if owned by others. Is it because I'm woman and am young enough to pop out squealing prunes from between my legs? Cause it certainly isn't based off of my search history.

I'm not entirely certain how you feel about this. Can you be a little more definitive? :lol: 

5 hours ago, Robinski said:

I'm not entirely certain how you feel about this. Can you be a little more definitive? :lol: 

I'm highly opinionated, what can I say? :)

I like babies like I like puppies: to play with then return to the parent. I am so much better with older children than parents. 

I'm highly opinionated, what can I say? :)

I like babies like I like puppies: to play with then return to the parent. I am so much better with older children than parents. 

Lol, just pulling your leg, of course. Not opinionated to state your firmly held views, IMO :) 

I could not agree more. My baby (now 26!), yes, all the love in the world. Babies as a general concept...meh.

In my neverending string of mishaps...

My AC just gave up the ghost. Thankfully, it'll only be around 95°F/35°C for the next couple of days, instead of 110°F/43°C like it was earlier this week. Hopefully that will get fixed sooner than later. 

21 minutes ago, Snakenaps said:

My AC just gave up the ghost. Thankfully, it'll only be around 95°F/35°C for the next couple of days, instead of 110°F/43°C like it was earlier this week. Hopefully that will get fixed sooner than later. 

Yikes! That is hot! I hope they get it fixed quick!

I don't think I've ever experienced 110°F! Maybe it's gotten up to 100°F a few times, but mostly, the hottest it gets in my area is the low nineties a few times a month. Mostly, summer is high seventies to mid eighties with nights in the sixties. We have window unit ACs which we haven't had to turn on in a few days. Granted, go twenty miles southwest and the temps are few degrees higher, and another twenty or so miles northeast into the Maine coast and it's cooler. Since my mom moved to Maine she has not stopped complaining about the nights being cold. 

Edited by shatteredsmooth

1 hour ago, shatteredsmooth said:

I don't think I've ever experienced 110°F! Maybe it's gotten up to 100°F a few times, but mostly, the hottest it gets in my area is the low nineties a few times a month.

Yeah, peak of summer gets above 120° F/49°C, and I've definitely ridden horses in that. What makes it bearable is the fact that we have almost no humidity. If the humidity gets above 30% I sweat like a mule, no matter the temperature outside. 

I freeze when it gets below 60°F/15.5°C and have to wear gloves. 

If the humidity gets above 30% I sweat like a mule, no matter the temperature outside. 

30% humidity is low for me.

I was just thinking it didn't feel too humid, so I checked the weather station and it's 61%, though temp is 76 F, which is comfortable.

I'm pretty sure I hiked a mountain once in ninety-something humidity. We went through a low cloud that day too. Above the cloud, it was nice and breezy on the summit. I was drenched, though, between sweat and the moisture. 

Right now, 60°F/15.5°C would get me in a sweatshirt, but when we get random 60 degree days in the middle of winter, I break out the shorts. 

2 hours ago, shatteredsmooth said:

If the humidity gets above 30% I sweat like a mule, no matter the temperature outside. 

30% humidity is low for me.

Come visit the south! It's 9 pm now, still 84°F/28°C and 58% humidity. It was much hotter/humid-er early in the day. We routinely get 90+°F and 80-90% humidity...