kais

Lounge II (The Lounge Strikes Back)

481 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Severian4Scadrial said:

So can I just say I love this forum already? I've been getting so much in-depth feedback on my first submission -- especially my problems writing a world filled with horrible bigots -- it's kind of crazy.

We love that you love it! Newbies tend to get scared off when we're not 100% IT'S THE BEST THING EVER. We just want to help and have an awesome community of people who love writing. We're so glad you're here!

3 hours ago, shatteredsmooth said:

Maybe it's time I read it. 

Can confirm excellence. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mandamon and @kais I'm a little over 50 pages in. Sam in the Nether is pretty much me every time I go into a grocery store. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Severian4Scadrial said:

So can I just say I love this forum already? I've been getting so much in-depth feedback on my first submission -- especially my problems writing a world filled with horrible bigots -- it's kind of crazy. 

I'm in the middle of a frantic worldbuilding session which has presently turned to two characters from rival but oddly similar cultures having a really gawdy fashion show-down. One's quite possibly the most powerful woman in the Sporavian League, and the other's this gruff warrior who's slaughtered his way through just about every conflict in the past twenty years; the ambassadors on both sides are face-palming furiously. 

This is a good day. 

Glad to hear it! We do like being helpful.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shatteredsmooth said:

Sam in the Nether is pretty much me every time I go into a grocery store. 

Awesome! (For authenticity, not for the anxiety). I wanted to make sure I got that part accurate.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mandamon said:

Awesome! (For authenticity, not for the anxiety). I wanted to make sure I got that part accurate.

The anxiety seemed pretty accurate, but the way Sam described medication made me think "your doctor prescribed you the wrong meds and now you think they're all bad."

The mental block from Rilan reminded me of how alcohol effects me and my anxiety...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, shatteredsmooth said:

The anxiety seemed pretty accurate, but the way Sam described medication made me think "your doctor prescribed you the wrong meds and now you think they're all bad."

The mental block from Rilan reminded me of how alcohol effects me and my anxiety...

Cool. I'm glad it has some good real-life similarities.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.