Lounge II (The Lounge Strikes Back)

kais

Hey, guess who went wandering through her file archives and actually found a short story to work on? (Okay, I mean, I guess there's plenty to work on if I were so inclined.) I'd honestly intended to write that album before getting back to fiction but this works too I guess...

5 hours ago, Silk said:

Hey, guess who went wandering through her file archives and actually found a short story to work on? (Okay, I mean, I guess there's plenty to work on if I were so inclined.) I'd honestly intended to write that album before getting back to fiction but this works too I guess...

Excellent, we'll look forward to reading that next week, yes? :) 

6 hours ago, Robinski said:

Excellent, we'll look forward to reading that next week, yes? :) 

Wait, you want me to actually submit now? Oh well I suppose.

Well, in all honesty, it needs a few significant rewrites (plus I should actually finish the draft at some point, I guess?) and I'm considering throwing my had in the ring for an academic CfP that's due Feb 16, so it might not be next week.

4 hours ago, Silk said:

so it might not be next week

You could always submit this week, before you get busy; there are a couple of slots left...:lol: 

Sorry, I couldn't resist it. It's my patriotic duty as a Scotsman to let no opportunity for irony / sarcasm to go 'unturned'.

• 3 weeks later...

So... I hope I have addressed the last comments on TCC by rearranging the first few chapters and adding some material (also taking some out). I am unsure now whether to start at the beginning again, or offer up this initial seven chapters (about 25,000 words) for beta reading, since you've seen them quite recently.

Any thoughts?

I'm happy if you give a summary of the changes you made and skip to a new section, unless you think we're going to miss a lot. I'm planning to do the same thing with mine, as I think I've addressed the problems brought up in the forum, and want to get reactions on new stuff.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the feedback. I guess I knew the answer to this already. The thing is, Chapter 6, which you haven't read, is now Chapter 4, and Chapter 7, unread by yoos, is now Chapter 2! I think I need to start again. For your forbearance :) 

I know I've been kind of absent recently. Sorry all! Trying to get through these last editorial revisions for book three so we can go to copy!

ETA: OH! And book one is going to be an audiobook! I got to hear the first fifteen minutes this last week and OMG it was great!

Edited by kais

10 hours ago, kais said:

ETA: OH! And book one is going to be an audiobook! I got to hear the first fifteen minutes this last week and OMG it was great!

Oooh. Will it be on Audible? No idea how that works.

So I...maybe just got my first R&R on TWD!!

Of course that means I'll have to sub it through here again to work out all the typos I'll introduce... you all can take it, right??

This is a great idea! I'm running completely dry on ideas, especially in the character department. other than that and some personal stuff, great week. 

You guys have processes for creating characters? When I get free time I'm going to go back and re-listen to the WE podcasts on it. 

Also I should stop playing Empire:TW, no matter how much inspiration for worldbuilding I'm left with. 

Edited by mrwizard70

9 hours ago, kais said:

So I...maybe just got my first R&R on TWD!!

Of course that means I'll have to sub it through here again to work out all the typos I'll introduce... you all can take it, right??

Awesome, and yes.

3 hours ago, mrwizard70 said:

This is a great idea! I'm running completely dry on ideas, especially in the character department. other than that and some personal stuff, great week. 

You guys have processes for creating characters? When I get free time I'm going to go back and re-listen to the WE podcasts on it. 

Also I should stop playing Empire:TW, no matter how much inspiration for worldbuilding I'm left with. 

That's great :) 

For characters, like so many things, I love the phrase 'low hanging fruit'. I don't know if you can search it out in WE, but I think it's usually Howard that refers to it. It is an excellent concept. Whatever idea you have, set it aside and have another, then another, don't just accept the first thing you come up with. Try combining two ideas; three ideas. This is the way to forge interesting, intriguing, intoxicating characters/settings/plot twists/etc.

13 hours ago, kais said:

Sure--congratulations!

Was this from PitMad, or just from subbing?

2 hours ago, Mandamon said:

from PitMad, or just from subbing?

Just from subbing! I didn’t do Pitmad. Too much else going on right now. I am so overwhelmed in my writer life!