Lounge II (The Lounge Strikes Back)

kais

Heeeeey everyone! I've been in contact with Chaos and Silk these past few weeks, having good chats and whatnot. I've had some time to cool off and recuperate my 'spoons'. I've asked to be put back on the mailing list and I'm ready to emerge back on the boards again as well.

With that said, I do think the lounge is a nice place to have, because as @Hobbit said, there really is no off-topic in writing, since the world informs our work. I thought a fresh slate might be in order, so to speak. 

SO... WELCOME TO LOUNGE II. Herein we can discuss writing related and writing tangential things, and anything else that doesn't have a topic home (while still being sensitive to the marginalizations of others). To kick things off, I'll start. *deep breath* I sent ATD to my editor this week! Eeeee! I also got accepted as a supporting author at GayRomLit and finished drafting TWD. Whew! I also, somehow, miraculously, made it to season 12 of Writing Excuses so I now feel marginally caught up with the rest of you. 

Anyway, that's me. Now please fill me in on what I've missed here!

Welcome back! Glad that there is so much exciting writerly stuff going on for you!

On my end, I really need to get cracking on writing that conference paper I mentioned a while back... and ideally some new music, because I fly out to Toronto June 1, present June 2, stay for the rest of the conference June 3, and then get back home at midnight so I can be on a stage in my home town the next day...

Edited by Silk

41 minutes ago, Silk said:

Welcome back! Glad that there is so much exciting writerly stuff going on for you!

On my end, I really need to get cracking on writing that conference paper I mentioned a while back... and ideally some new music, because I fly out to Toronto June 1, present June 2, stay for the rest of the conference June 3, and then get back home at midnight so I can be on a stage in my home town the next day...

You jet-setter, you! You'll need a holiday after that.

I am just so pleased to be back from Canada and over my jet lag after not sleeping for about 31 hours.... :mellow:

2 hours ago, Robinski said:

You jet-setter, you! You'll need a holiday after that.

I am just so pleased to be back from Canada and over my jet lag after not sleeping for about 31 hours.... :mellow:

I'd say "it seemed like a good idea at the time," but honestly it didn't seem like a good idea even at the time. I DID book the next two days off work, though. I'm not completely stupid. Just almost. ;)

Hey, a meetup in Canada would be lovely! I've heard BC is beautiful. ;) Although I couldn't tell you anything about dive bars.

I don't imagine I'll have much time to be checking out dive bars in Toronto either, or I'd ask.

Edited by Silk

On 5/21/2017 at 2:15 PM, Robinski said:

Goodness gracious. :blink:

@kais, congrats on all the publishing news!! Very exciting! Also thank you for starting a new lounge. :)And @Silk, congrats on your upcoming presentations and performances! It sounds exhausting but very exciting.

I'm glad I checked back here because I've also been gone a while. I've been working on my first attempt at a beta read on someone else's whole novel, plus helping a friend start a program for young writers. Plus, maybe playing the new Zelda game... a little bit... just a little... must... not... play... right... now... ahhhh...

Thanks @Hobbit! It should be fun. If I get through 'em all. ;)

On 2017-05-22 at 7:16 AM, kais said:

Unofficial RE meetup that doesn't involve a boat? COUNT ME IN!

Hey, "RECon" would be a catchy con name. I'm just saying.

1 hour ago, Silk said:

Hey, "RECon" would be a catchy con name. I'm just saying.

I like it

46 minutes ago, industrialistDragon said:

I'm always down for a chance to dress in costume. I mean, that's the point of conventions, right? costumes? ;)

Definitely!

Dammit! Anyone want to meet me in Australia this Sept-November then? :P

Regarding costumes, I love costumes but man I think I'm glad I don't actually cosplay. It looks exhausting.

Edit: Aaactuaaally, it occurs to me that you STILL might need to learn French @kais, depending on what part of Canada we hold RECon in. *wink nudge*

Edited by Silk

Everyone seems to have such exciting lives. :o I'm just here trying to survive chemistry lab for the rest of the term without blowing anything up. And it's really cool that you guys are trying to meet up in person. I kind of want to join, but I'm also broke (sadness D:) and I don't think I've ever taken a trip on my own before so going outside my country sounds a little scary. :ph34r: Plus French is also a struggle for me. But RECon is a pretty cool name.

This is a bit late, but congrats on the publishing news @kais. :)