Scriptorian

chrome. It works if it is in quote as I just discovered

It works fine for me on Chrome. The Spoiler button depends on JavaScript. I disabled mine as a test, and I think what happened matches your issue (can click the Show button but nothing happens), so make sure you have it enabled.

PC

1. Select Customize and control Google Chrome (the icon with 3 stacked horizontal lines) to the right of the address bar
  2. From the drop-down menu, select Settings
  3. At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings…
  4. Under Privacy, select the Content settings… button
  5. Finally, under the JavaScript heading, select the Allow all sites to run JavaScript radio button

MAC

1. Select the Chrome menu item from the Apple/System bar at the top of the screen.
  2. From the drop-down menu, select Preferences...
  3. On the left, select Settings
  4. At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings…
  5. Under Privacy, select the Content settings… button
  6. Finally, under the JavaScript heading, select the Allow all sites to run JavaScript radio button

After enabling it, refresh the site. If for some reason you don't want to run JavaScript everywhere, find your Manage Exceptions button and add www.17thshard.com as shown here post-9197-0-29351100-1393654404_thumb.pn. Again, I tested this, and after I added the exception, the Spoiler button started working for me again. If JavaScript is already enabled, check if you're using AdBlock or NoScript extensions or something similar, then whitelist www.17thshard.com. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Twist: Renarin has been WRITING the ars arcanum. This one ends with "the symbiotic spren acts as an argaragraaaaatellmybrothertogetasteadygirlfriendararaggaraaaa...aa...why..a...feather...in...my..(blood splatter)owww.

Bigger twist: Renarin is actually Hoid. Hoid uses his Lightweaving to create illusions of Wit wherever they are needed. This explains why Wit makes fun of Renarin so often.

He had his wrist wrapped, and the bruises on his face were starting to purple. They made him look slightly less intoxicatingly handsome, though there was a rugged "I punched a lot of people today" quality to that, which was fetching in its own right.

Adolin after a duel maybe?

Edited by Araz

He had his wrist wrapped, and the bruises on his face were starting to purple. They made him look slightly less intoxicatingly handsome, though there was a rugged "I punched a lot of people today" quality to that, which was fetching in its own right.

Seems like Adolin after a dual, sounds like he had quite the time of it. But it doesn't sound like he lost the dual, if he'd lost then I think the tone would be different.

I think this could be from Shallan's POV

On second thought, whatever fighting he was doing I don't think that it was done in Shardplate, maybe fighting some of Sadeas's men? or sparring with the Bridgemen? 

Edited by Duskshard

I'll assume this was the Battle for Renarin.

And guys... If this were a duel, I doubt he would have punched "a lot of people".

I am certain this is Shallan's POV.

EDIT: Lol Binnut, we have the same amount of upvotes.

Happened not to long ago with Grayv...

Edited by Stroniax

Seems like Adolin after a dual, sounds like he had quite the time of it. But it doesn't sound like he lost the dual, if he'd lost then I think the tone would be different.

I think this could be from Shallan's POV

I agree.

Admittedly, I don't know a lot about duels, but I feel like sword duels wouldn't lead to a lot of face bruising.  Especially if you're dueling with Shardblades.  My guess would be someone returning from a battle.

I agree that it's either a female POV (probably Shallan), or Lopen referring to himself, but it could be an interlude.

Probably Shallan meeting Adolin for the first time.

Possibilities for the he:

- Kaladin after his first encounter with Szeth ended in a draw.  

- Kabsal come back from the dead.

- Eshonai finds Dalinar strangely attractive.

- Adolin or Renarin after a brotherly sparring match over the lovely Shallan turned into a camp-wide brawl

- Kaladin after running out of stormlight trips and falls down some stairs (he says)

I'm calling it now, it's from Drehy's point of view.

Well nobody can acuse Jasnah of bad matching now.

Shallan are stumbling in her feet just after a look at Adolin, next thing we know she will faint when he speak with her.

And Adolin my friend this one are a keeper smart, funny, can turn anything in dust what more you could hope in a girlfriend =)

PS:it isn't Kal he wouldn't be bruised because of his Stormlight even cuts cured in seconds.

Adolin sparing without shardplate (kal could have given him one lesson or two about "unnarmed combat" =) 

Or Adolin  in shardplate after his foe hit his head a few times with a hammer =)

Edited by Natans