Scriptorian

Glimpses-of-Rradiance.jpg

I decided to take the initiative and make a topic where we can all freak out about the upcoming "glimpses" until the actual release. Feel free to ignore this until next Tuesday  :P .

For those who don't know, now that the major previews are all out, Tor is doing some thingy where they release little snippets by email. You can sign up for it here.

This finally got me to sign up for a Tor account. I'll probably be spamming the WoK reread with comments now.

normally this is an editorial move to keep people intersted. but it's not much good in this case, as anyone who subscribes to this is already going to buy the book anyway

When you sign up for a Tor account, it automatically subscribes you to Tor's mailing list for other books, so far as I can tell. Getting those of us with no Tor accounts to get an account lets them market other books to us. I think from a marketing standpoint this was a nicely done move.

I could be wrong. I don't care either way, I just want more WoR. :P

Edited by Moogle

So much Tease.... I mean I would of driven to tor and paid for the book when they clearly had it...... And now daily snippets... Why can't they just give us the book already! yeah yeah I know, Logistics timing the book out nation wide etc etc. Tease Tease Tease.... Its like being in high school again.....

They could give us the ebook now, but that wouldn't be fair to those who want a printed book.

Edited by eveorjoy

Peter, on a previous tread you said you approved 30 "Gimpses" will Tor use all of them? 21 days left till release, and 30 glimpses. Some days we'll get more than 1?

I think he saw 30 glimpses, and aprobe only 21, because spoilers

Edited by Maresia