Oathbringer tour Midwest stops

Elanmorin

1 hour ago, Pagerunner said:

so you might need to make a weekend trip out of it.

Not guaranteed to be a weekend, we don't have cons that invite him, so he comes during the week as much (more, probably) as during the weekend.

On 5/21/2017 at 0:58 AM, BookWorm101 said:

So... Do we just make "Sandersoncon"? is that what is going on here? Cause I kinda want to get a copy of oathbringer signed...

It's an idea that pops up every now and then - creating a SanderCon, similar to how Robert Jordan now has JordanCon. Brandon has even commented on the idea, and while I don't remember his exact words (nor can I find them easily), he is of the opinion that he'd rather not. An entire con about him strikes him as... I don't know how he would describe it, but I know he would prefer if he shared the con with other authors, and if it was made with greater focus on writing in general. This being said, currently he is more than happy just being a guest or a speaker to other cons. Guy's as humble as they get. :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2017 at 8:50 AM, Argent said:

It's an idea that pops up every now and then - creating a SanderCon, similar to how Robert Jordan now has JordanCon. Brandon has even commented on the idea, and while I don't remember his exact words (nor can I find them easily), he is of the opinion that he'd rather not. An entire con about him strikes him as... I don't know how he would describe it, but I know he would prefer if he shared the con with other authors, and if it was made with greater focus on writing in general. This being said, currently he is more than happy just being a guest or a speaker to other cons. Guy's as humble as they get. :)

More than that, he just wants people to go to JordanCon. (I've had this conversation with him.)  It's his favorite convention, and they have an entire track dedicated to Sanderson books. He tries to make it every other year at least, and there's always representation from Team Sanderson there. They always have a ton of guest authors and an excellent writing track as well, and is just in general an excellent, well-run convention.

2018 is going to be JordanCon 10 - I hear tell that big things are planned. And yes, he's going to be there. (hint hint people!)

I'd love it if he came to Cleveland! But usually if his tour has an Ohio stop, it's in the Dayton area because folks on his core team have family there, and the value he puts on family is one of the reasons we all love him, right? It's a good 3-3.5 hour drive from the CLE to Dayton, but easily do-able. Even if I go to the BYU release party (hoping so!!!), I'd probably still go to a Dayton / Ohio event, just cause it'll be smaller / more personal, and to show support for Brandon in the eyes of the publishers & bookstores.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a place in Chicago he specifically comes to? I'm about a 2.5 hour drive west of Chicago and it can be expensive to get there if you ALSO have to get parking AND pay all the toll roads, etc.

Although I'm going to be 8 months pregnant with twins when Oathbringer releases so this may be a moot point anyway.

On 7/3/2017 at 4:39 PM, liseg13 said:

Is there a place in Chicago he specifically comes to? I'm about a 2.5 hour drive west of Chicago and it can be expensive to get there if you ALSO have to get parking AND pay all the toll roads, etc.

Although I'm going to be 8 months pregnant with twins when Oathbringer releases so this may be a moot point anyway.

He likes Anderson's Bookshop (the Naperville location), but he's been to the Barnes & Noble at Old Orchard a couple of times too, and he's also been at a couple of other locations once. It varies. I think I've been able to find free parking every time (except for the last one, but that was in a library in downtown...).