Just now, Jondesu said:

@Bridge Boy, the reason I picked HH over you is because you're new.  I generally won't vote to lynch a new player until at least 2-3 cycles in unless there's hard proof they're an Eliminator. It's that simple.  Your reasoning in return is wild speculation and absolutely nonsense, btw, so I don't even feel like responding to the rest of it.  I think it was clear why I thought Randuir's post didn't mark him as an Elim (I never said it cleared him either, it's a neutral post).

I'm new? First game I played was QF 9 (If I remember correctly.) I've been here for about 2 years. So I think I'm probably past the new phase by now, although it's always nice to be called young.201705271954ZUZ.gif.6648201185e2c792e926e291815d0ce6.gif

My reasoning was wild speculation, and I knew it when I posted it. And is this the speculation of "or something more nefarious?" because I think that's all I did against you. Keep in mind that what my pony does in RP and what I say outside it are different. In my RP Razor Shard was concerned about causing a panic during a crisis, which doesn't help anyone. My views of your actions are not the same.

And then I defended you slightly afterwards. I'm not trying to poke fingers or such, just saying what I see. And so far I'm seeing lots of votes without too much evidence. Thank you for clarifying that it was a poke vote though, because otherwise actual votes tend to be taken quite a bit more seriously. Last comment is that I do plan to vote, but we still have over a day to do so. So why try and rush it and do it now? I'll take my time and actually vote when I have suspicion or time is about to end. Otherwise I'll communicate and show my suspicions through words.

Razor Shard was finally able to catch up to the panicking pony and finally recognized him as Schitzo, he'd heard that he was a hypochondriac, so he probably did believe there was some kind of sickness going around, and was honestly trying to help. Mentally rolling his eyes, Razor Shard sauntered over and put a hoof on his back. "Hey Schitzo, right?" Without waiting for a reply he continued. "So I've heard that there's a disease going around, and it might be contagious. But we don't know that for sure yet, and there are colts and foals that could start to get scared if there's word of a dangerous disease going around. So go ahead and get yourself checked out, then maybe do what you can to help people. Just don't go spreading it around so quickly, alright?"

Giving him a pat on the flank, Razor Shard moved on back the way he had come. Now that he knew the panic wasn't intentional, he could focus on the next target. The newcomer. Maybe he'd see if he'd heard anything from outside of Ponyville. And possibly warn him away from the town. Between the elements, the changelings, and the slightly... odd people, there was no reason for someone to be coming in. Of course the people already here would be staying. It might be boring and populated by weirdos, but it was their home. And where they kept all their stuff.201705271954ZUZ(1).gif.1981e7044be33f1267df67ae18814d0c.gif

Tell a group of ponies that a stampede of mildly irritated bunny rabbits was approaching, and you could spark a panic. Tell them that Princess Celestia was injured, the elements of harmony were missing, and changeling infiltrators were in their very midst, and there was only really one reaction Luna should have expected: pure and unrestrained pandemonium, the type of chaos that would put Discord himself to shame.

Cherry Blossom walked through the chaos, paying as much heed as a leaf caught on the wind.

Panic was a rather fruitless endeavour. The time and effort spent on panicking could often be better put to work on solving the problem... to wit: ferreting out perfect infiltrators amongst a group of strangers.

Where should one begin? With the pony with the blue-and-pink mane, skulking around buildings with what looked to be a bandolier and a grappling look? The trio of ponies who were shouting incomprehensible things about horrors and collapsing in the street, cracking open their eyes to see if anyone was paying attention before doing the whole thing over again? The wall-eyed pegasus that bumbled overhead, perhaps. No pony could be so naturally clumsy as to crash into a bright blue box on a rooftop.
Quite why the box was up there to begin with was an entirely different mystery.
Cherry couldn't quite decide whether, in a town of such stranegness, a changeling would stand out more, or less. Perhaps they ought to be looking for the dullest, most level-keeled pony they could find... though that criteria might lead one to suspect Cherry herself. The thought was mildly amusing in a way.

But this wasn't a time for japes. It was a time for deliberation, and she did her best thinking in the midst of nature. Venturing into the Everfree forest at a time like this was probably profoundly unwise, so she could settle for the next best thing. The unicorn found a tree, sat beneath it, and closed her eyes.

Think. Think. Thunk. Thumk. Thump.
Wait? What?
She cracked and eye open, and craned her neck around the tree, and a frown spoiled her zen. Of all the trees in Ponyville, she had to sit at the one shared by a pony who believed himself to be some form of woodpecker?

"Please stop doing that.
You are throwing my rhythm. 
It's quite distracting."

...yeah, I know nothing about tactics. I'm just kinda about the goofiness.

1 hour ago, Bridge Boy said:

I'm new? First game I played was QF 9 (If I remember correctly.) I've been here for about 2 years. So I think I'm probably past the new phase by now, although it's always nice to be called young.

Wait, really? Guess I either haven't played a game with you or just didn't recognize your name/avatar. In that case, you'll be fair game for me. :P

Schitzo started slightly as the pony he didn't remember seeing before placed his hoof on Schitzo's back. Scaring the colts and foals? Oh. Oh no. That was the last thing Schitzo wanted to do. He nodded his thanks at Razor Shard as the otherpony moved on, and much more quietly slipped away from the already too-panicked crowd to find a doctor. His hoof was starting to hurt now as well. Maybe he had an infection of some type. Or was it cancer?

Oh no.

Prism was shocked by princess Luna's announcement! How could this be happening? It was horrific to be sure! The image of everypony scattering this way and that in fear had solidly been planted in her mind. As horrible as the situation was she couldn't help feeling like this scene would make a terribly interesting painting. She decided to go paint it while it was still vivid in her memory. Perhaps she could find a clue as to who the infiltrators were by permanently capturing the scene on a canvas. Plus, painting always helped her to relax. With the promise that some ponies were being given the elements of harmony to protect them, she figured there was still a silver lining in this situation.

Okay so it looks like everypony is trying very hard to place blame quickly. I don't actually see anything wrong with Randuir's post to make me think that he's an elim. He may be one, but I wouldn't think that from his first post since it was Actually helpful advice. And some of it I don't think he would have shared with us if he was an elim. Like the part about the loyalty pony being careful when they protect people, and the magic pony not revealing their identity. Just saying, those seem like things a changling wouldn't want you to think about. 

I don't want to vote until I have more to go on so I'll hold off on passing judgement on anypony just yet.

Moneybags had a headache. Banging your head against a tree tends to do that to you. These...ponies! Argh! He'd talked to a total of 2 by now, and both had left him banging his head in frustration. He needed something to help him calm down. Perhaps running a shell game would help him feel better.

---

1 hour later and 400 bits poorer, Moneybags reflected that perhaps it was a bad idea to try the shell game with a unicorn.

---

3 hours ago, Jondesu said:

That reasoning to vote on me is…bizarre to me, honestly.  I never declared Randuir's innocence, I merely pointed out (accurately) that his strategies were sound, and nothing in them pointed to him being an Elim.  Absence of evidence and all that.  I'm tempted to throw a vote back on you in return, but since your one vote on me is useless anyways as I'm an Earth pony (albeit one with a bad case of donkeypox, and I think I'm coming down with a cold as well), I'll hold off and see what you do and how others respond. Please, though, if you suspect Rand, vote on him, not me.  As it is, you're just raising my suspicions of you.

42 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

I don't actually see anything wrong with Randuir's post to make me think that he's an elim. He may be one, but I wouldn't think that from his first post since it was Actually helpful advice. And some of it I don't think he would have shared with us if he was an elim. Like the part about the loyalty pony being careful when they protect people, and the magic pony not revealing their identity. Just saying, those seem like things a changling wouldn't want you to think about.

Since there seems to be some confusion about people thinking I think Randuir is guilty, here are my thoughts, laid out clearly:

About Jon:

• I do not suspect Randuir. If Jon is an elim, I will suspect Randuir.
  • Nobody else has given me any leads
  • Jon has given me a (slight) lead, if he is an elim.
  • Therefore, Jon is the best person for me to vote on right now
  • Jon is probably innocent.
  • So is everyone else.
  • But Jon gives me info if he is not innocent
  • And nobody else does yet

About Randuir:

• Randuir's first post does not prove his innocence
  • It does not prove his guilt.
  • It is simply a post of helpful strategy
  • That makes people think highly of him.
  • (Elims want people to think highly of them)
  • Randuir has experience being an elim.
  • He knows that if elims leave holes in their strategies, they'll get caught
  • Therefore, he didn't leave holes in his strategy.
  • This does not prove that he is an Elim.
  • It just shows that he's not a proven villager
  • Other people seem to think he's innocent.
  • So I'm trying to show the problems with that line of thinking.

TLDR:

Jon gives me info if he's guilty. This does not mean that he's likely to be guilty.

Randuir's helpful post does not prove his innocence. It's just a helpful post.

51 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Jon gives me info if he's guilty. This does not mean that he's likely to be guilty.

Randuir's helpful post does not prove his innocence. It's just a helpful post.

On that note, I'm retracting my vote on Paranoid King. Sorry about that my guy.

Dusted Rose looked at everypony around her, reeling in shock at Luna's announcement. Any of those around her could secretly be Changelings just waiting for the opportunity to strike at the innocent townsponies. The rose-coloured Unicorn shook her head in dismay, before rising and heading towards her floral shop to work on more flower arrangements. 

I suppose I will have to be careful and look out for suspicious behaviour. I should also start carrying flowers on me in a bag at all times. In light of all this awful information, everypony could use some beautiful flowers to try and brighten their day.

She continued trotting towards her shop, stopping to admire the various types of flowers planted around Ponyville and making sure they were healthy.

-------

I don't really know what to add to the current conversation other than my rp piece, because I am not entirely certain what to do. What should we do for voting this cycle, so it doesn't default to lynching a townspony? This is my first time playing, so I'm not entirely sure what to do, and how to best help everyone. :/

1 minute ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

I don't really know what to add to the current conversation other than my rp piece, because I am not entirely certain what to do. What should we do for voting this cycle, so it doesn't default to lynching a townspony? This is my first time playing, so I'm not entirely sure what to do, and how to best help everyone. :/

Welcome to the game! There's always discussion about whether we need to lynch someone Day 1 and how to go about choosing that, but avoid a townsperson, and the answer is, you can't be sure. But you can't be sure Day 2 either, or Day 3, unless you start with a Day 1 lynch based on whatever gut feelings or suspicions you can come up with. It's okay to bandwagon onto someone else's suspicions sometimes too, but try to at least state the part of their reasoning you agree with, so we can use that in later cycles as we figure out who is innocent and who is not.

So look around, and if you see someone acting in a way that you think would indicate they might be a Changling (i.e. an Eliminator), toss a vote on them, and tell us why. If you don't vote, it's ok, but it's preferable if everyone votes if possible.

And if your hoof starts hurting, come have the doctor check it out. Your mane is looking a little saggy too, are you getting enough sugar in your diet?

I forgot to say it earlier but welcome @Conatus @Crimsn-Wolfand @The Flash !! It's nice to have more new players! This is only my fourth game! :D

@Paranoid King I can kinda see where your coming from with voting on Jondesu, but tbh if you looked at it based on who agreed with Randuir's post wouldn't there be like four of us who already did that? I'm not against voting for anypony since we don't really know anything yet but I'm just saying the way you chose to vote seemed a little unusual. But hey, who knows...you could be right :P

Prism stepped back from her canvas and studied her finished masterpiece. hmmm it's definitely as chaotic as the event itself. Nothing really jumped out at her as looking suspicious. Everypony looked shocked in their own way. Maybe she should invite a few friends over to hear their thoughts on the matter. After all friendship is the key to solving any mystery! Hopefully her friends were still her friends though. Anypony could be a changling after all. "Oh dear! If they are kidnapped I have to rescue them! A real friend is true blue even in a crisis!" She fluttered her wings nervously, and set out to find her friends. 

13 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Randuir, great thoughts! Thankyou Jeeves! ;)

8 hours ago, Jondesu said:

As for tactics and how to proceed, Randuir's advice for each pony type and the holders of the Elements seems fairly sound, and considering he's not advocating revealing...much of anything to the thread or even via PM, I don't get a Changling vibe from that analysis post, which is good.

7 hours ago, Jedal said:

A sound strategy is a sound strategy. No matter what you think, nothing Rand has said points to any kind of suspicious behaviour. You're basing things off of previous games... seems to me like you want to lynch someone, Paranoid King

3 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

I don't actually see anything wrong with Randuir's post to make me think that he's an elim. He may be one, but I wouldn't think that from his first post since it was Actually helpful advice. And some of it I don't think he would have shared with us if he was an elim. Like the part about the loyalty pony being careful when they protect people, and the magic pony not revealing their identity. Just saying, those seem like things a changling wouldn't want you to think about.

19 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

If you looked at it based on who agreed with Randuir's post wouldn't there be like four of us who already did that? I'm not against voting for anypony since we don't really know anything yet but I'm just saying the way you chose to vote seemed a little unusual.

So BR agreed with Randuir

Jon agreed with randuir and thinks Randuir is not a changeling

[At this point I voted on Jon]

Jedal thinks I want to lynch someone D1, and Randuir's post didn't make him guilty

BR says that Randuir's post doesn't make him guilty

BR says I have more options than just Jon

I guess I could switch if you wanted me to. BR gives me a stronger lead than Jon does...

Razor Shard had found the strange new pony with his hoofs over his eyes; getting schooled at his own shell game by Princely Beggar, who wore a smug grin as he pointed out the correct hiding place of the token, including once when it had been tossed into the river. Somehow.

Afterwards Razor Shard took his time asking the conniving pony about his reasons for being in ponyville, accompanied by unsubtle unsheathing and resheathing of the small spike in the harness. He was able to discover that the money-grubbing pony had wandered into town "on business." Most likely that meant he had been chased out of the last town he had been in by the residents and was looking for a new mark. After it seemed like he truly didn't have any malicious intentions of kidnapping towards the ponies of Ponyville, he moved onto the next topic. About what would he happen if he found him attempting to scam the ponies here once more. While the two talked, Razor Shard idly stabbed the tree nearby a few times with the spike. Then drew a smiley face in the bark. Then stabbed it deep enough that it took him a moment to work his hoof free.

By the time he left, he was satisfied that the greedy pony had gotten the general idea. There were visual aids. He would still keep an eye on him, of course. His explanation filled in the holes of his appearance, but they could still be lies, an attempt to save face. A little more investigation couldn't hurt... But until then, it didn't seem like there was much more for Razor Shard to do. The accusations had calmed down, and now it seemed that most ponies were simply suspicious, instead of full out panicking.

As Razor Shard passed through the main plaza where the Princess had given the speech that caused so much trouble, he noticed a painting, apparently abandoned in the center of plaza, depicting the moment the declaration had set in. Wide eyes, suspicious looks, screaming, calmness, and... had that pony fainted? It seemed accurate, and drawn in a way that showed a dedication to the artist's work. He would have told the artist themselves if he could, but they didn't seem to be anywhere nearby. He wandered back to his smithy and began to prepare to get things ready to close. He doubted anyone would be coming that day.

So it seems like things have calmed down somewhat now, with vote retractions and less accusations. But still no one pony who seems suspicious. At least that I can tell. Right now it's a bit more of a stalling game, seeing what happens. But I would advocate people to keep replying to the thread and be active. It'll help you in the game, and help other people figure out their suspicions.

The biggest new development is PK's post, which explained what I had already assumed he meant, so that's really nothing new to me. I do want to get things moving in the game though, so I'm going to ask @Seonid and @Quiver to get on and share some more if they can. Seonid had a quick post at the beginning that I'd like to hear more about, and Quiver had a really cool patch of RP, but no actual comments on the game. Still no votes, since I'm not sure those would help, but I would like to hear your guys' thoughts.

@Paranoid King excuse you.. I said you might be right :P haha

But tbh I was just saying that if several ponies agreed with rand already it doesn't really give much info if you just vote on one of them randomly right? I don't know if Randuir is good or bad but the way I red his post it just seemed more helpful than an elim would be is all.

If I was going to show my friends the painting, I probably should have brought the painting. Prism shook her head at her own forgetfulness. She had been so worried about her friends that she really had flown off without thinking. She turned around and flew back. She was getting close, when she noticed a pony studying her painting. He left before she could ask him his thoughts on it. Maybe she should follow him, and find out if he noticed anything unusual by looking at it? Would that be weird? She shrugged. Worth a shot, I guess. She would try to catch up with him, and then she could go find her friends. She stuck the painting in her bag this time, and flew off in the direction she had seen him last. He moved pretty fast for an earth pony. 

Edited by BrightnessRadiant
added RP

49 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

But tbh I was just saying that if several ponies agreed with rand already it doesn't really give much info if you just vote on one of them randomly right? I don't know if Randuir is good or bad but the way I red his post it just seemed more helpful than an elim would be is all.

I have to agree with you here. The things rand has said so far doesn't point to him as either an elim or townie, so it wouldn't be wise for us to lynch him. However, I think it would be wise if the person who held the mark of Honesty checks him just in case.

Edited by Jedal
grammar

The ponies seemed to be distraught. Yes, shape-shifting beings with evil intents have infiltrated their populace and have injured their ruler, but it is all just the work of entropy, the embodiment of his Master. Ironpies watched with a cold steely stare, saying nothing. He had nothing to say. He just wondered what it was like to be one of those rather foolish ponies. What went on in their minds? His had been offered to Ruin, so he knew none of those things. In all honesty, he thought this all ridiculous. If there were rogue kandra about, with enough emotional Allomancy he could sway them from their cause. Unfortunately, as he had stated earlier, there was no easy supply of metal to burn.

He only had cookies. And he would use them... somehow.

16 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

For now I don't have much to say except I agree that the unicorn's should take advantage of their pms, and add us non unicorns lol. I mostly just really want pms haha. I almost signed up as a unicorn just for that, but I couldn't pass up wings!

Also, I was gonna try to urge everypony towards a no vote first cycle so I could be sneaky and use my cool pegasi ability, but I agree with Randuir that the element of generosity would most likely end up hurting a villager this cycle if we did that. Plus, now that this is my fourth game to play, I'm starting to realize that a first cycle lynch is usually a good way to go. Especially in a shorter game.

Also warning! If you have the element of loyalty please be careful about protecting the pony with the element of magic because it could really backfire on them. :blink: I think it would be safe unless you were under a lot of suspicion, or you thought the elims might attack you. I'd just thought I'd say something about that because we don't want to lose our magic pony, but especially not early in the game, because no magic pony means no more powers!

The element of kindness is awesome! You can't die! (Or be kidnapped whatever lol) wait....can the pony with that element still be kidnapped, but not lynched?

Laughter is cool because if you use it correctly, it could be a great protection for ponies you believe are confirmed village!

Hmm...this post seems a little off for me...you say that you agree with Rand, but then you proceed to only sum up the points that he brought up, and you did ask a question, but that could also be a useful question for an elim to know. I don't have any other suspicions, so Brightness

Sorry for such a late post (a day in) it's been fairly busy in the last 24hrs for me.

Twilight Blossom was busy practicing some new magic, she had cards flying around her, forming patterns in the air. When the explosions started. The ground began to shift, and she lost her concentration blasting her backwards. Her room was a mess, again. Didn't I just clean this up? she thought, annoyed at herself and whatever had caused the explosion. Twilight Blossom went out to see what had caused it when she saw smoke coming out of the Royal Castle. She dashed toward the castle to see what was going on.

(If anyone is interested in doing some RP with Twilight just respond, say you notice her, etc.)

@DroughtBringer hey stop ganging up on me lol :P

I didn't have much to say but I was just trying to give my thoughts on what rand had said and I did overlap some of what he said but that's cuz I agreed with him. I did repeat what he said about the loyalty element but I added to it by saying that they should be especially careful about protecting the magic pony cuz rand hadn't mentioned that. 

I can't tell you not to vote on me be because it's part of the game...I'm just trying to provide answers as best I can when people do vote for me. I'm just trying to be honest and not even tell any white lies. (Had to add that last sentence for my CR lol)

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

I just realized that I won't be on tomorrow, so I should probably vote today so I don't make myself into a liar. So I although I don't have a ton of stuff to go off of, I'll vote on Paranoid King. His quick vote on Rand still seems kinda suspicious, even though he did take it off and clarify later. It could just be an attempt to cover his mistake. Or he could just be innocent. In which case, I do apologize, but I do want to vote and you're the person who I think could do it.201705280456TMG.gif.182f589e41f82b2304fec0e7dd3df2d5.gif

Razor Shard noticed a flicker of movement from the edge of his eye as he rounded a corner around the foalcare center. Suddenly wary, he kept track of what it was and it soon revealed itself to be a pegasus, soaring down the streets close to head level, head swiveling as though they were looking for something. Or maybe it was a changeling disguised as a pegasus, and it was looking for a someone.

Holding his breath, he made his way to the next corner, and timing it properly, leaped out just as the strange pegasus flew by, crashing into them and sending both into a tumble along the ground, resulting in them both fetching up against the wooden edge of a nearby house. After taking a moment to recover, Razor Shard made his way to his hooves and stared down the suspicious character, who looked like a female Pegasus with a cream colored coat and glittering purple hair. "What are you doing, who are you searching for? Do you work for Chrysalis? Talk!"201705280456TMG(1).gif.ae788ff7a9749c5a9f5d64802df4eac2.gif

He glowered down, before recognizing the canvas gripped tightly in her hooves, held protectively so it didn't break or rip in the tumble. He immediately deflated. "Oh horsefeathers I'm sorry. Sorrysorrysorry-" Still apologizing, he held grabbed her hoof with his own and yanked her onto her feet before making a quick inspection. She didn't seem too injured, but the very fact that he had attacked a pony who had probably seen him next to her painting made him positively mortified. "-rrysorrysorry." He finally took a deep breath before blurting out what his still partially panicked mind could think of.

"I'll make it up to you, just say whatever you need and I'll do it!" He clapped a hoof to his chest and tried to show his commitment. "And while I'm not that bright and have issues, including unprovoked assault with how things are going, Razor Shard does not go back on his word." He tried to make a sort of bow, but wasn't quite sure he'd pulled it off. "Please let me make it up to you, I'll just feel awful until I can!"

25 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

hey stop ganging up on me lol

How am I doing that? *is confused*

25 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

I can't tell you not to vote on me be because it's part of the game...I'm just trying to provide answers as best I can when people do vote for me. I'm just trying to be honest and not even tell any white lies.

Hmm...I really appreciate this comment, and I completely agree with it. (Not enough to remove my vote yet, though :P) But I probably will end up voting on someone else by the end of the cycle.

Prism was dumbfounded. Had somepony just tackled her! She was about to yell out because she thought it was a changling, but when she opened her eyes it was just the pony she had been following. She stared at him with a puzzled expression as he started rambling off apologies. It would seem she had startled him just as much as he had startled her. He helped her up while still trailing apologies.

"Oh dear! Oh my! I'm alright! It's my painting I'm worried about!" She leaned it against a tree and began to examine it for tears or any other damage. She sighed in relief as she found no damage to her newest piece of artwork.

She glanced over, and saw the other pony looking quite forlorn. She hadn't meant to brush off his apologies like that. She had just been so worried about...well enough of that. She needed to make amends, and ask him about the painting like she had come to do.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I was merely afraid for my piece." She angled it towards him so he could see it again. "I was following you because I saw you looking at it, and I was wondering if you had noticed anything odd about anypony's behavior. I tried to recreate the scene as accurately as possible. Do you happen to have any thoughts?" She smiled, hoping to reassure him that she was fine. Although she might be a little black and blue later on.

57 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

How am I doing that? *is confused*

Hmm...I really appreciate this comment, and I completely agree with it. (Not enough to remove my vote yet, though :P) But I probably will end up voting on someone else by the end of the cycle.

Cuz now I have two votes on me lol *crying softly* :P

Thanks it would be appreciated! :D

Razor Shard gazed in a slight sense of detachment as his panicked plea was ignored in favor of a painting. Well he was the one that attacked her, so it was only right that her artwork was placed above him in importance. And maybe promising anything in the spur (eh?) of the moment wasn't the best idea. She could still be a changeling after all, and just hiding it really well.

Recovering from the sudden blow to his pride, he refocused enough to hear her slightly stumbling explanation. Wait, so she had been following him after all? But it was for a completely different reason. Though not many ponies would try to hunt down a stranger just to ask for their feedback on a painting. Although not many ponies would leave said painting unattended in a public place either. Maybe she was slightly airheaded?

He straightened and tried to recall his thoughts when he first saw the painting. "It does look very well painting and I can see that you care deeply about your work. The expressions and proportions were well done, and having Princess Luna at the centerpoint of the picture grabs the viewers attention." He then tilted his head and squinted a bit. "I don't recall it being quite that... dark, when the declaration was given though. Closer to early morning than late dusk. I do suppose the coloration lends itself to a slightly damper view of the scene."

201705280645LRP.gif.9aac9cb404d92f920dbf10a1b602cf7e.gifHe gazed once more at it, thinking about other feedback he could give. He'd knocked this innocent pony over through his own fault, and by gum if she wanted feedback he would give her the best she could get! Out of him. Other ponies could probably do better. Latching onto a few stray thoughts, he mentioned "The two points of advice I would give if you plan to keep this or frame it in some way would be to clear the cutie mark of Frank here," he pointed to the fainting pony. "Nobody wants to have that hanging over them each time somebody sees it, and the other one would be to add a changeling into the scene somewhere barely noticeable. If this is going to be saved, that little detail would help remind what it is about, and make the picture just a bit more sinister, even though we know there weren't any actually there." That we know of, went unsaid. Both of them were thinking it.

At least Razor Shard thought so. Was it rude to put thoughts into other people's heads like that? He assumed it was and promptly attempted to erase the memory of ever having done so from his mind. Looking up at the pony in question, he noticed her seriously jotting down notes in a pad of paper he hadn't seen her pull out, an intent expression on her face. Waiting until she was finished and gazing up with a bright smile, he proceeded what probably would have been a show of gratitude by saying "But I still knocked you down due to my own fault, and could have damaged both you and your artwork. So is there anything I can do to make it up somehow?"

Just because he wasn't offering to do anything anymore didn't mean he didn't still feel guilty after all. And taking a minute to give his inexpert advice on a painting wasn't enough to make that up. If she didn't have some way for him to make it up to her, he'd just have to owe her one the next time they met.

"Ummmm." Something he could do? Prism was puzzled. Had he already asked her that before. It sounded familiar. Oops. She hadn't really been listening earlier had she. She tapped her hoof in thought. He seemed genuinely embarrassed by what had happened, and she wasn't sure how to answer his question.

"I know!" She smiled. "You can join me and my friends as we try and search for the changlings!...that is...if you would like to?" She realized he COULD be a changling, but would a changling really offer her art tips? 

She paused, waiting for his response. She hoped her offer was the right thing to do. Finding those yellow-bellied kidnappers was what she wanted most, after all.

15 hours ago, Bridge Boy said:

Both of those last votes are actually in Brown, not Red. Do they still count as votes, or are they closer to showing suspicion and it's just a new thing I missed.

The new color palette is a little weird, so it makes it trickier to get to true red. I will accept any sort of reddish-colored vote, but if players wouldn't mind putting their votes in bold or underlines or something to help it pop out a bit more that would be nice. Not required, but nice. ;) 

15 hours ago, Frozen Mint said:

I also have a quick question. If the pony holding the element of honesty targets a pony holding another element, will they be told the target's element?

Yes, the pony with Honesty can learn other ponies' roles (including Elements) along with their alignments. 

2 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Yes, the pony with Honesty can learn other ponies' roles (including Elements) along with their alignments. 

My notes indicate that apart from the elements and publicly known pony types, there are no other known roles. Are you suggesting there are secret roles?