629 posts in this topic

Name: Twilight Blossom 

Type: Unicorn

Cutie Mark: Spade

CR: Magician- All posts will contain some sort of magic. This could be a card trick, asking if someone wants to see a card trick, shouting magic words, etc.

Twilight Blossom was out, shorty after a performance she had done with some magic tricks, and ran into a changeling. As Twilight was attempting to escape, she started channeling a spell. The changeling attacked at that same moment, and caused the spell to have no form, but only release a wave of energy knocking the changeling back, but the power, combined with the force of the attack, broke part of Twilight's horn off. 

As a massive amount of pain surged through Twilight's head, she ran off towards home, the changeling not following.

When Twilight finally reached her house, she collapsed from exhaustion, pain, and fear. 

--A while later--

Twilight attempted to cast a basic levitation spell, and the deck of cards in front of her began to wobble. I'm making progress! she thought. As soon as Twilight finished thinking that, a blast of magic energy launched out of her, horn sending her cards, and herself flying in opposite directions. Pain quickly spread across her head. Another migraine. she thought, why do I have to keep getting these?

--An even longer while later--

The cards twitched as Twilight focused, then slowly raised up into the air. She was so focused on her task, that she wasn't able to think about how long she had been practicing, day in and day out, to reach this point again. To reach the point that she had been at years prior. She chose a card at random, and slowly moved it across the room, flipping it around while the deck stayed still. As she set the deck down she allowed herself to think again, I still have a long way to go, but I think I can make it.

--Wow...even longer later into the place that is called the future--

Twilight slowly moved up, into the spotlight. Her hair and clothing was immaculate, the lights perfect, but still she wanted to shudder at the thought of performing again, one false thought could blow it all. She didn't let herself shudder, of course. She wasn't just Twilight Blossom at that moment, she was a performer, a magician, and she was ready to start again.

Well I've never watched MLP before, so for all I know that entire thing could be all weird, and full of holes, discontinuity, and the like. But it was fun writing, and I think that this will be a fun game.

Mgicia Pony V2.png

Here's my attempt at a pony image for Schitzo: (it's a fake horn, btw)

59211efd604d0_Image3.thumb.jpg.4c196af2b8eb77fdb937594a642faa01.jpg

Edited by Jondesu

Okay, finally getting around to some things I've been meaning to do. I updated the player list. I think I got everything but it wouldn't hurt to double check. Also, while I'm at it, if people wouldn't mind making it clear what their ponies' genders are, that would be helpful. With ponies, sometimes its not obvious from the name alone. :rolleyes: I'm going to assume your pony is the same gender as you are unless you say otherwise. 

On 5/18/2017 at 7:40 PM, Ecthelion III said:

I'm not familiar with the lore at all...what are the societal guidelines for relationships with ponies of other types?

If you mean romantic relationships, I don't think there's any social taboo for relationships between different types. The show even has an earth-pony couple that has twins- one of them a unicorn and one of them a pegasus, so there you go. 

If you're talking about a more general type of relationship between the different types, everypony pretty much gets along (though historically it hasn't always been that way). Earth ponies typically grow the food, Pegasi control the weather, and Unicorns use their magic to help everyone. 

On 5/18/2017 at 8:37 PM, Crimsn-Wolf said:

Name: Dusted Rose

Type: Unicorn

Cutie Mark: a Rose with two leaves

Cosmetic Role: Flower Power- Every post, she will talk about flowers, take care of a flower, or give flowers to those around her to spread love.

[MLP] Dusted Rose.png

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the site and to the game, @Crimsn-Wolf! I hope you have a good time here! :)

Also, welcome to @Conatus! It looks like you've been on the site for a little while but from your post count I take it this is your first SE game. Also, @The Flash. I think that's all the new players (so far), let me know if I missed anyone. I hope you all enjoy your time here, as well. It's always nice to have some fresh blood here. ;)

On 5/19/2017 at 6:19 AM, Bridge Boy said:

I did. Couldn't figure out how to include the picture in the post. And even with it, it's not about having the pony picture, it's about how awesome they are at drawing!

When I was younger, I spent days practicing drawing a mouse. I was so proud of myself when someone could recognize it was a mouse. I was 12. My skills have almost deteriorated since then.

So thank you guys for being such good artists, because someone around here has to do it, and we're all doomed it it was up to me.

I'll also point out that @Arraenae is offering to draw people's ponies, so you could shoot her a PM with a description of your pony and ask nicely... ;)

6 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Okay so I'm seeing 7 earth ponies, 5 pegasus, 3 unicorns, and 1 undecided so far :P.... @Herowannabe are there zero pms in this game unless you're a unicorn?

Also @queensteph sign up! :P (hey you said if I kept pestering you lol)

I only counted 6 earth ponies- Did I miss one somewhere? I don't think I did, I went through the thread twice...

Let's see, what else. 

I fixed the countdown timer in the original post. 

Also, I added an inactivity filter to the Element of Generosity- if the player who has it goes inactive it will automatically pass to a random player after a few cycles. 

19 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

I only counted 6 earth ponies- Did I miss one somewhere? I don't think I did, I went through the thread twice...

Naw I just miscounted lol...I'm good at art not math :lol:

Oh bleh I did so badly it hurts, but I don't care, here have my oc....don't ask me what happened to the colour...

image.jpg

Here are some doodles I went through frustratingly to finally just settle on ^

Spoiler

image.jpg

image.jpg

aand a few expressions

image.jpg

Also wanted to expand on his Cosmetic role,

CR: Speaks in a Missouri Ozarks-like accent and has a passionate hate for apples. When he does speak he is quite articulate, and after a series of events in his life has finally understood that sometimes its better to talk less and listen more. Every post will contain a reference to how much he hates apples, any sort of apple mind you, and is also a hipster now.

So he hated apples before they were cool yeah?

5 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

I'm going to assume your pony is the same gender as you are unless you say otherwise. 

My character is a female.

Mine is a male (he is named bracken after all)

Schitzo is male, like myself. I'll do another female character at some point (Vell was fun in the other game even though she's currently insane), but not this time. Not sure how much RP I'll include anyway.

...storm it. 

Seeing Eye, a unicorn who claims her special talent is seeing the future (it's actually just time travel), is in.

1 hour ago, Seonid said:

...storm it. 

Seeing Eye, a unicorn who claims her special talent is seeing the future (it's actually just time travel), is in.

th?id=OIP.3CImw8tuaZGV4XTH0sLUqgDFEs&pid

Also I went and put all the genders in the sign up thread, as best as I could determine. If I made a mistake let me know. 

Eh, what the heck. There's some pony type disaprity going on, so...

She disliked the Friendship Express. There was nothing wrong with it, exactly; the cabponies and conductors certainly made the experience as pleasant as possible. Cherry had had three ponies pass by with trolley's in the past hour, none of them seeming to realize that if she hadn't taken a pastry delight from the last one to scoot down the aisle, she probably wasn't about to this time either. 

That was unfair and she knew it. They were doing their jobs. But she still disliked trains. She disliked moving at anything more than a trot. Cherry Blossom liked to move at her own pace. It was sedate, leisurely, but it gave her a chance to take in the sights, whether that meant high-rise sky scrappers of steel and glass, or the vistas of wide open plains.

Those sky scrappers had raced behind long ago now. The plains outside the window were just a blur.
She could tolerate this. She would have to. The promise at the other end of the tracks would be worth the ponies bumping into her, closing in around her, the sound of the hooves pulling the car, the babble of the voices all around, the luggage jostling, scraping along the steel holders...

She sighed. A faint, pink glow, the same tone as the streak in an otherwise white mane, surrounded her horn, and opened her travel bag. A book whose pages were creased and weathered from frequent use floated out of it. The only feature of the cover was a cherry blossom embossed onto it. She rested the book in front of her, and fluttered through the pages. Each was filled, margin to margin, with three lines of what some ponies might call "poetry". 
Cherry, on the other hand, preferred to consider them her thoughts and insights. They were short, direct, and to the point, but in her profession, she found such things to be a virtue. Some may ponies wasted time on superfluous thoughts, on two words were one would do.

A pencil floated out to accompany the book. She tapped it in thought, a smudge of ink marring her muzzle, before putting pen to paper:

I have a headache.
Everfree should be worth it.
But I still hate trains.

Not her best, but whatever. It would do.

Name: Cherry Blossom

Pony Type: Unicorn
Cutie Mark: A pink cherry blossom on a mystic breeze
CR: Cherry prefers express herself via haiku. She must include at least one haiku per post.
Appearance: TBC

I will note that it is highly likely that I will not be on for the first cycle. I'm going camping in the 1000 islands, and it is probable that I will not have reception. 

Oh, I should pick a cutie Mark/ CR. Cutie Mark is an eye with an hourglass shaped pupil.

CR is... hmm... actually, I have no ideas.  I'll let the CMC choose for me. 

56 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Oh, I should pick a cutie Mark/ CR. Cutie Mark is an eye with an hourglass shaped pupil.

CR is... hmm... actually, I have no ideas.  I'll let the CMC choose for me. 

*FANFARE*

The Cutie Mark Crusaders have spoken!

cutie_mark_crusaders_by_adcoon-d3r7oa1.p

Cosmetic Role:

Fortune Teller: Whenever you address another pony, you must make a prediction as to what will happen to that pony next cycle (the predictions do not have to be even remotely accurate). 

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

Eh, what the heck. There's some pony type disaprity going on, so...

Reveal hidden contents

She disliked the Friendship Express. There was nothing wrong with it, exactly; the cabponies and conductors certainly made the experience as pleasant as possible. Cherry had had three ponies pass by with trolley's in the past hour, none of them seeming to realize that if she hadn't taken a pastry delight from the last one to scoot down the aisle, she probably wasn't about to this time either. 

That was unfair and she knew it. They were doing their jobs. But she still disliked trains. She disliked moving at anything more than a trot. Cherry Blossom liked to move at her own pace. It was sedate, leisurely, but it gave her a chance to take in the sights, whether that meant high-rise sky scrappers of steel and glass, or the vistas of wide open plains.

Those sky scrappers had raced behind long ago now. The plains outside the window were just a blur.
She could tolerate this. She would have to. The promise at the other end of the tracks would be worth the ponies bumping into her, closing in around her, the sound of the hooves pulling the car, the babble of the voices all around, the luggage jostling, scraping along the steel holders...

She sighed. A faint, pink glow, the same tone as the streak in an otherwise white mane, surrounded her horn, and opened her travel bag. A book whose pages were creased and weathered from frequent use floated out of it. The only feature of the cover was a cherry blossom embossed onto it. She rested the book in front of her, and fluttered through the pages. Each was filled, margin to margin, with three lines of what some ponies might call "poetry". 
Cherry, on the other hand, preferred to consider them her thoughts and insights. They were short, direct, and to the point, but in her profession, she found such things to be a virtue. Some may ponies wasted time on superfluous thoughts, on two words were one would do.

A pencil floated out to accompany the book. She tapped it in thought, a smudge of ink marring her muzzle, before putting pen to paper:

I have a headache.
Everfree should be worth it.
But I still hate trains.

Not her best, but whatever. It would do.

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Cherry Blossom

Pony Type: Unicorn
Cutie Mark: A pink cherry blossom on a mystic breeze
CR: Cherry prefers express herself via haiku. She must include at least one haiku per post.
Appearance: TBC

The pony types are actually surprisingly balanced, with Pegasi now lagging only 1 behind the other two types. 

I'm curious though, while we're waiting for sign ups to end, who all picked their pony type for cosmetic reasons and who picked their pony type for game-mechanic reasons?

Edited by Herowannabe

Cosmetic--I wanted to match with someone. But Pegasus is also a good ability.

15 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

The pony types are actually surprisingly balanced, with Pegasi now lagging only 1 behind the other two types. 

I'm curious though, while we're waiting for sign ups to end, who all picked their pony type for cosmetic reasons and who picked their pony type for game-mechanic reasons?

Cosmetic, and some mechanic. I can't picture an Inquisitor with a horn, or wings, so Earth it must be.

Technically, Ironpies has magic, but no one knows about that:ph34r:

Edited by Hemalurgic_Headshot

I picked mine for both, I really like to be able to PM other players, so I thought that it would be useful, 

But I also am a magician in the real world, and I thought that this would be a fun time to RP as one, so I played a Unicorn so that I would be able to do that,

also, @Seonid I imagine this as being your cutie mark:
The image didn't save...

download.jpeg

Edited by DroughtBringer

1 hour ago, Herowannabe said:

I'll be frank - I hadn't even read the rules when I signed up. I didn't check to see what unicorn did until later.

2 minutes ago, Seonid said:

I'll be frank - I hadn't even read the rules when I signed up. I didn't check to see what unicorn did until later.

You can be Frank if I can be Steve :P

I picked Earth because Hidden Antler is my go to Pony for RP purposes. Otherwise i would have gone with unicorn for Pm purposes, and I am considering switching still.

36 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

You can be Frank if I can be Steve :P

So does this mean you're signing up as a pony named Steve?

1 minute ago, Herowannabe said:

So does this mean you're signing up as a pony named Steve?

Just a dumb joke on my part. Sorry for any confusion!

Just now, Ammanas said:

I mean...you still could play. 

Just now, Ammanas said:

Got it. Putting you down as "Steve, a pony who makes dumb jokes that are more confusing than funny." Is that an Earth Pony, a Pegasus, or a Unicorn? :P;)