629 posts in this topic

Just now, BrightnessRadiant said:

We all are worried about the elims, but I wasn't saying that I was suspicious of you if that's what you thought. I was just wondering what were your reasons for not trusting the flash? @Hemalurgic_Headshot

It's not just not trusting, I know he's an Elim. 

Alright, I'll bite. HH Flash.

3 hours ago, The Flash said:

The [person] I'm most suspicious of [is] PK

So, for the moment, I'm going to vote Quiver

3 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Quiver (2): PK, Flash

I'm not sure how to respond to this. Normally you don't agree with the person you're most suspicious of.

Quiver. Flash

Hmm, I am not a fan of lynching all our PM ponies.  I'll change my vote from HH to Flash, but I have my reservations.

I meant to red Flash in my earlier post, sorry.

The cycle is over (55 minutes ago)

Apologies about the delay, I was literally on my way home to start tallying votes and stuff when we got a report that a neighbor had seen our missing cat just a few minutes before so we spent the past hour searching for him. We didn't find him, but we're hopeful because we know he's close and we have a good idea of the yard(s) he's hiding out in. 

Anyway, working on tallying votes and logging actions now. I'll have the new cycle up ASAP. 

4 hours ago, Conatus said:

I'll vote for Quiver. Sorry for not replying earlier, I was busy.

1 hour ago, Ecthelion III said:

I meant to red Flash in my earlier post, sorry.

I'll count both these votes this time, but next time I won't. Please put your votes in red everyone! If you are on mobile, you can do it by typing"

(color="red") VOTE (/color) but with [ and ] instead of ( and ). 

the same works for other colors

(color="green") green (/color)

(color="blue") blue (/color)

Cycle 4: A Changeling for a Change

NOTE: @The Flash wrote his own death write-up, I only did a little light editing to it. If you feel like giving an upvote for the writeup, I have given permission to Flash to post a single non-game related post in the thread down below in order to receive your upvotes (and you really should). 

Bracken sat, despairing of ever finding the one true meaning of life. This last book had declared 42 to be the answer to life, and then was unable to support what question it was the answer to! It seemed like all these books were here to foil his purpose behind replacing an unimportant librarian pony. He had always sympathized with the ponies, and the Queen figured that would be helpful in staying hidden.

The issue was that he hated being a changeling. He always had thought it was a disadvantage in trying to accomplish something worthwhile in life. And that is why he needed to find the meaning of life here. So that he would know why he was here, and what he needed to do to feel worthwhile. 

"Um, Bracken?" Said Wormy suddenly. "Earlier I was talking to some ponies about recognizing suspicious behavior..."

"Yes?" Asked Bracken, a sense of impending doom growing within him. 

Wormy took a deep breath. "And I mentioned the strange sympathy for the changelings you have, and the fact that you always talk as if you were separate from the rest of the ponies... And they thought that was suspicious." 

"You think I'm a changeling" accused Bracken, as he turned another page. 

"Yes." Sighed Wormy, with some finality. 

"Well, you're right. But I don't want to hurt anyone, and I've been your friend, right? So there is no need to tell anyone."

Wormy looked pained. ".... yes, you have been my friend. Perhaps more than the actual Bracken was.  But it is too late for that."

"Wh- UMPHHH" as Bracken was tackled from behind by several ponies that had hidden themselves. His head slammed against the ground, and he only had a moment to consider his failure before he lost consciousness. 

He awoke in the creepy Zebra's hut. All the ponies were there, and Wormy- oh, Wormy- sat on princess Luna's back. His eye watered slightly. He had considered the small bookworm to be a true friend. 

"You have confessed to be a changeling. Yet, we must have you take the potion." Said princess Luna. The ponies moved forward to force the potion down his throat. 

"No! Wait, I'll take it willingly if you just let me say a few things. Or if you don't make me take it, I can tell you where the rest of my kind are, I just need to finish my work..." pleaded Bracken. 

Princess Luna considered, then conceded. "We cannot trust you not to sabotage us. You will take the potion. But I will allow you to say a few things. What a changeling could have to say, I do not know." The ponies backed off a bit. 

"Ok. So..." Bracken trailed on, looking at the ponies who had become his friends, who stared back now with eyes of disgust. "I'm so sor-"

And it hit him. He comprehended life. 

"I... understand" breathed Bracken, full of wonder at the beauty of life's meaning. 

"Understand what?" Asked Princess Luna, confused by his change in direction. 

"The meaning of life. You shouldn't judge me by how I began, or how I end. It is only by the journey that I took that I should be judged. I was never happy with the rest of the changelings, because they did not appreciate me for who I am. Even if I did work against you, the time I spent with you was the best time of my life. It made my journey become worthwhile. The meaning of life is to find joy in the journey of life. And the joy that I gained from being your friend and working among you... It gives me the courage I need to do what I need to do." Bracken ended in a whisper, looking as Wormy. 

No one said anything as he bravely took the potion directly from the pot. 

There was only a cry of despair from a small bookworm as Bracken collapsed. 

The smoke swirled, revealing the image of a changeling, and with a flash of green light Bracken's unconscious form on the floor transformed to match the image in the air. The smoke began to fade away, but before it dissipated completely the image of the changeling seemed to shift, perhaps showing a kinder looking changeling, something more colorful and beautiful than the traditional changeling? The crowd of ponies murmured slightly, for this was not what they had expected. 

Princess Luna soothed the bookworm. "Perhaps there was more to this particular changeling than we judge them by. Sadly, there are still those among us who are changelings, and they will not be as... unique... as Bracken was. Be vigilant."

As the ponies dispersed, Zecora finally spoke:

"Perhaps the changelings can be shown leniency, 

if they too can suppress their evil tendencies."

Princess Luna bowed her head slightly. "For now, we need to expell them from the village. But one day... maybe something can be done. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take the changeling to the castle, and the bookworm to a new home."

Deep thoughts prevented the sleep of most ponies in the village that nignt, thoughts upon the meaning of life. 

Schitzo waited until well after night had fallen before he dared venture into the Doctor's office. Other ponies went to the Doctor's during the daytime, which is exactly why he waited until night. Ponies who went to see the Doctor were usually sick, which means that they were contagious, and what if Schitzo caught whatever they had? In fact, he was beginning to wonder if he might have already caught something just by sitting in the waiting room. Was his throat starting to feel a little scratchy? Did noises sound a little muffled in his left ear?

He was about to bolt for the exit when the nurse stepped into the waiting room. "The doctor will see you now, Schitz'."

Schitzo took a could deep breaths to calm himself, then followed the nurse back to the office. "The doctor will be in momentarily," The nurse said. "Thanks for your patience. It's been a busy day, there has been a pandemic of ponies getting pounced on lately."

Did she say pandemic? Is "getting pounced on" contagious???

Schitzo fretted over that so hard that when the door opened up he blurted out, "Oh thank goodness you're here doctor. I'm coming down with the pony pox again along with strep throat and my left ear has gone deaf and I'm 99% sure that somepony is going to pounce on me any sec-"

He cut off as he saw the doctor pony's cutie mark out of the corner of his eye- it was a stethescope, identical to Schitzo's own cutie mark. Come to think of it, the Doctor's fur was the same color as Schitzo's. So was his tail. Schitzo's gaze drifted up to the Doctor's face, which was also identical to Schitzo's own face. 

Before Schitzo could utter a peep, the changeling pounced...

The Flash was lynched! He was a Changeling!

Jondesu was kidnapped! He was a Regular Village Pony!

Vote Tally:

The Flash (7): Jondesu, Hemalurgic Headshot, Paranoid King, Seonid, BrightnessRadiant, Ecthelion III, Alvron

Hemalurgic Headshot (0): Bridge Boy

Quiver (2): The Flash, Conatus

Player List

Spoiler

Earth Ponies

1. Defecate Mac (m) Darkness Ascendant

2. Schitzo (m)  Jondesu Regular Village Pony

3. Razor Shard  (m)  Bridge Boy

4. Hidden Antler (m) A Joe in the Bush Regular Village Pony

5. Ironpies (m) Hemalurgic_Headshot

6. Moneybags (m)  Paranoid King

7. Jeeves (m)  Randuir Regular Village Pony

Unicorns

1. Straw (m)  Straw Village Pony with the Element of Loyalty

2. Dusted Rose (f)  Crimsn-Wolf

3. Bracken (m)  The Flash A Changeling!

4. Twilight Blossom (f) DroughtBringer

5. Seeing Eye (f)  Seonid

6. Cherry Blossom (f)  Quiver

7. Weaver (f)  Frozen Mint Village Pony with the Element of Laughter

Pegasi

1. Prism (f)  BrightnessRadiant

2. Weirdo (m)  Ornstein

3. Curiosity (m)  Jedal

4. Crescent Thunder (m) Ecthelion III

5. Silver Wolf (m)  Conatus

6. Twilight Star (f)  Alvron

pur_1496548800.png

Sorry again about the great delay getting this cycle posted. I added an extra hour on to this cycle to help make up for it a little bit. 

Edited by Alvron

Yes!!!! Thankyou HH!!...I'm so sorry @Jondesu you will be avenged! I actually thought Jon was evil, but I guess not.

In many ways I feel like the village really won this round! :D

@The Flash great write up man! You really had me fooled! Well done for your first game!

As many of you probably already guessed by Seonid's defense of me in the last cycle...I was the holder of generosity last cycle. I can confirm that Seonid is village and did indeed pass me the element. I have now passed it on. I won't reveal to who, they will have to pass it on next cycle as well. Thankyou village for not lynching me, and not losing an element! :lol:

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

So hero gave me permission to post once to bring on the upvotes! This was tons of fun. *bows* so give the the upvotes for evil genius and a great write up. Thanks for bringing me in to try SE @Hemalurgic_Headshot

Oh and don't forget to vote for me at the end for best CR. Unless you think anyone else was better. :P MLP has been redeemed in my eyes. 

Edited by The Flash

@The Flash, it was a pleasure to have you in the game. See you in the LG.

Ironpies sat in the corner, watching. Watching is what gets you information, that and having the Master tell it to you. The ponies were rejoicing in the defeat of an enemy, a bittersweet moment, as they realized another of their own had been lost. Ironpies was stoic. He had a job to do, any more was a distraction, any less unforgivable. His hoof slowly edged a cookie towards his mouth, where he gave a little nibble.

At the moment,  I'm most suspicious of Conatus. Their vote on Quiver tied things up between quiver and flash at a moment when we couldn't afford a tie.  And now that we know that flash was evil,  it looks even more like a changeling trying to save a teammate. 

Edited by Seonid

14 minutes ago, Seonid said:

At the moment,  I'm most suspicious of [ color=red]Conatus[/color]. Their vote on Quiver tied things up between quiver and flash at a moment when we couldn't afford a tie.  And now that we know that flash was evil,  it looks even more like a changeling trying to save a teammate. 

You might want to fix your color, mate.

And I see what you mean. I'm also suspicious of Bridge Boy. I'll take a look at his posts later.

Well... That happened. Okay, so I took a look back at last cycle as well, trying to find out what happened to change it so suddenly. First up in my remarks, woot! One Changeling down, indeterminate number to go! Glad we didn't lynch BR, though the last time I got on yesterday, I didn't think it was heading that direction.

Second, and the main one, HH seemed really desperate last cycle. He switched votes a few times before settling on Flash, who he fingered by saying that he knew Flash was an Elim. Speaking in absolutes like that gets people's attention, and he got the lynch on Flash. Now that ended up being a good thing since Flash was an Elim, but I want to know how you knew he was an Elim. Because either you have Honesty, you are in contact with someone that you absolutely trust that does, or you're an Elim that tossed out his own comrade to save his skin.

Or you were bluffing and using an absolute like that to survive. (Insert mandatory only the Sith deal in absolutes quote.) Honestly I do think you're village, but I have my suspicions that it could be otherwise, and am pretty sure that you were desperate last round. So I would like to know how you knew he was a Changeling.

And I'll defend myself once you say why you're suspicious of me. Just saying, "I'm village!" won't help me at all.

Razor Shard blinked awake, finding himself gazing up at the blank dirty white of the medical tent. After a few more moments, he turned his head to the side, coming nose to nose with a blackened almost skeletal face.

Pause.

Razor Shard flung himself off the bed on the opposite side of the changeling, trying to put the flimsy cot between him and the enemy while ignoring the dizzy feeling he got from moving too quickly. After a moment of nothing happening, he peeked over to see that the black creature was in a bed like he had been shortly before. It's eyes were closed and the hooves were fastened to the corners of the cot.

They'd caught a changeling.

They'd finally caught a changeling! Razor Shard suppressed his whoop of joy, not wanting to attract the attention of the nurse from before. Now he was one step closer to finding his father, one step closer to his revenge! Then he realized that since the changeling was in a coma, much like the rest of the ponies who had been fed the potion. Which meant he couldn't press it for information!

Boiling with frustration, the feeling of being so close and so far, Razor Shard stalked outside of the tent. Stopping in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the main square, he took a deep breath, bringing in his anger. So he still couldn't find anything out, and the potion caused them to fall into a coma like the rest. Well then, all he had to do was find the next one and interrogate it before the village did.

He set off with a happy grin and a dark look in his eyes, heading off into the Everfree forest. It was about time he located that nest.

6 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

You might want to fix your color, mate.

And I see what you mean. I'm also suspicious of Bridge Boy. I'll take a look at his posts later.

Thanks. I can also confirm that I did pass generosity to brightness. I'll clear her as soon as the recipient responds in my PM.

3 minutes ago, Bridge Boy said:

Well... That happened. Okay, so I took a look back at last cycle as well, trying to find out what happened to change it so suddenly. First up in my remarks, woot! One Changeling down, indeterminate number to go! Glad we didn't lynch BR, though the last time I got on yesterday, I didn't think it was heading that direction.

Second, and the main one, HH seemed really desperate last cycle. He switched votes a few times before settling on Flash, who he fingered by saying that he knew Flash was an Elim. Speaking in absolutes like that gets people's attention, and he got the lynch on Flash. Now that ended up being a good thing since Flash was an Elim, but I want to know how you knew he was an Elim. Because either you have Honesty, you are in contact with someone that you absolutely trust that does, or you're an Elim that tossed out his own comrade to save his skin.

Or you were bluffing and using an absolute like that to survive. (Insert mandatory only the Sith deal in absolutes quote.) Honestly I do think you're village, but I have my suspicions that it could be otherwise, and am pretty sure that you were desperate last round. So I would like to know how you knew he was a Changeling.

And I'll defend myself once you say why you're suspicious of me. Just saying, "I'm village!" won't help me at all.

Just noting that HH was pushing towards lynching the flash for a great deal of the night,  only voting on other people to try and either save his own skin or break the tie.

And pushing him to tweak if he books an element isn't helpful, IMO. If you hadn't noticed,  we can't protect him if he does.

I... don't actually understand most of those last two sentences.

When HH said that he knew that Flash was an Elim, the automatic response is to think that he has Honesty. I would honestly be surprised if they weren't already aiming for him due to that. And if he says that he has an Element or is linked with one, then that gives the village a reason to protect him and at least make sure he doesn't get voted on and die that way.

And last cycle he voted for BR, saying that if she was innocent then Flash was an Elim. Then in the same cycle, he switches to Flash, saying that he was an Elim. What information did he get between halfway through the cycle and a when he voted for Flash?

10 minutes ago, Bridge Boy said:

And last cycle he voted for BR, saying that if she was innocent then Flash was an Elim. Then in the same cycle, he switches to Flash, saying that he was an Elim. What information did he get between halfway through the cycle and a when he voted for Flash?

I was trying to get Flash lynched the whole time, all the way back from that bit where I called him out on his posting frequency. I wasn't sure about Brightness, but I needed a way to pull my vote of Ecth. Then, when more people said they thought Flash could be evil, I placed my vote out there.

EDIT: Okay, looking back through the cycles, I can't find anything that really incriminates you, other than your association with Flash, or at least what I thought was an association.

Edited by Hemalurgic_Headshot

I still don't get it. Why not vote for Flash at the beginning, instead of switching your vote twice? And why did you feel that you had to wait until other people suspected Flash?

1 minute ago, Bridge Boy said:

I still don't get it. Why not vote for Flash at the beginning, instead of switching your vote twice? And why did you feel that you had to wait until other people suspected Flash?

Timing. It all came down to timing. I needed a vacuum of a sort to offer Flash as a target. By myself, I don't think I would have been able to get Flash lynched.

Why not just say the "I know he's an Elim" closer to the beginning, instead of at the end when it makes you seem desperate. That was mainly what got people to vote for him. I guess it would give him more time to defend himself, but it still seems funny to me.

15 minutes ago, Bridge Boy said:

I... don't actually understand most of those last two sentences.

When HH said that he knew that Flash was an Elim, the automatic response is to think that he has Honesty. I would honestly be surprised if they weren't already aiming for him due to that. And if he says that he has an Element or is linked with one, then that gives the village a reason to protect him and at least make sure he doesn't get voted on and die that way.

Look back earlier.  He responds to Jondesu who pointed out that both BR and flash knew frozen mint was laughter,  and suspects one if them for it. HH says that of the two,  he prefers flash.  By the time he votes brightness,  he's tying up the vote to save himself.

Just now, Bridge Boy said:

Why not just say the "I know he's an Elim" closer to the beginning, instead of at the end when it makes you seem desperate. That was mainly what got people to vote for him. I guess it would give him more time to defend himself, but it still seems funny to me.

Also,  trying not to reveal an element when he didn't have to?  In a situation without defenders,  the best thing for a scanner to do is to get other people to acts on their suspicion,  not come or and reveal just to get killed the next cycle.

That makes sense then, trying to stay alive, and he had mentioned it before. But then why did he vote on Ecth in the first place? And if Jondesu knew that both Flash and BR knew that Frozen Mint was laughter, wouldn't that mean that he would know as well?

I just want to start my post off with an apology for my inactivity thus far. I have been having a hard time lately, because I had to find a new home for the dog I have raised for the last seven years. I finally sent her to a new home the day before yesterday, and I have been really upset about it. I will do my best to be more active from now on, and try and give my thoughts and opinions on the discussion.

--

Dusted Rose rushed around her shop, flowers flying around in her wake as she wound around making multiple different floral arrangements. They didn't look as good as her arrangements normally did, her skills seemed to have dropped in the last few weeks. "A Changeling was captured, that is cause for celebration!" She mumbled to herself excitedly, putting roses into one of the arrangements to finish it. After she finished it, she picked it up in her magic and trotted to the entrance of her shop, setting it up outside for the rest of Ponyville to see. 

The rosy unicorn continued her work for a few more hours, making dozens of arrangements to decorate the town with. Once she had finished, she filled her saddlebags with as many flowers as she could, and trotted out of her shop to spread some joy to the other ponies. As she trotted along, flower petals feel behind her, leaving a sweet-smelling trail in her wake. She always enjoyed doing things like that, as it made her easy to follow and find. She wanted everypony to be able to find her easily, should they want to get a floral arrangement from her or anything like that. As she trotted along, she noticed the somewhat intimidating Earth Pony, Ironpies. He was eating one of his cookies, and seemed almost lost in thought? Or maybe he was just contemplating the existence and meaning of life that the Changeling Bracken had put into everyponies minds. 

Wanting to start spreading joy, Dusted Rose made her way to the Earth Pony and sat down beside him, showering him with flowers as she sat. "Good day to you, Ironpies. Isn't it good news that we managed to get a Changeling this time? Oh, I hope we can keep this going!" She smiles brightly at him, picking up a rose in her magic and offering it to him as she sits there. [ @Hemalurgic_Headshot, wanna rp with me? :p]

--

I am not the best at analyzing people for suspicious behavior, when I don't have a baseline for how they act normally, but I will try and provide thoughts this cycle. Again, I am so sorry for how inactive I have been, but I am going to change that inactivity now!

Edited by Crimsn-Wolf
fixing the mention