8 minutes ago, Alvron said:

I'm around.  Just had a bad 24 hours and needed some time to myself.

Twilight Star giggled.  She had been hiding for hours now and the other ponies had only just begin to notice her absence.

This is it.  This is the time to pounce.

She crouched down waiting for the first pony to walk past.  Their shadow arrived before they did giving all the warning Twilight needed.  She pounced and landed on top of the pony.  Twilight Star laughed with pure joy as the two ponies rolled on the floor.

She tried to catch her breath but was having too much fun.

At least she was until she saw just who it was that she landed on......

Don't leave me in suspense like that! And I hope you have a better day! :)

5 hours ago, randuir said:

After all, if you suspect there's foul play going on with a lynch, why would you participate in it? And if you don't suspect that, why threaten the other players who apparently share your suspicion?

I... don't have anything to say other than I can't believe I didn't find the contradiction in my own logic. :mellow: But I can speak to my thinking at the time.

The thing is that I didn't know if there was foul play going on with the lynch, and I wasn't going to find out unless PK was lynched. And it wasn't just about the votes, but also about what opinions were being voiced about PK in general. PK was a strong lynch candidate, because so much discussion centered around him. We have so little information early game, I always feel uncomfortable voting for someone, because we're grasping at straws. But PK's posts got me thinking that we don't necessarily have to lynch to get an elim early on, we can lynch to get information. So I went in that direction. I still stand by the fact that lynching PK would have given the village useful info., although stating that voting for him makes players more suspicious didn't make sense.

3 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Then when I was asking if we should try to establish a trusted village pm based off of Randuir's post about generosity than she starts saying that it might not be possible to have a confirmed trust group. (This may be true but she could also be trying to get us to not trust each other and have a place to plan against the elims?) But I don't know if she would openly be against the village pm as an elim because she would look too obvious, unless she was afraid she would never be added to the village pm? 

It's not possible to trust someone with 100% certainty in this game. To be fair, that's what got me so far in being an elim last time. :P I did say that I like the idea of the PM, and I suggested a way for it to be more foolproof against the elims:

I like this plan too, but the PM should have at least three people, in case one happens to be an elim (see above on how we can't confirm a village pony with 100% certainty).

If we have three "confirmed good" players, it's unlikely that two of them are elims, so if there is betrayal, we can catch it more easily.

As for asking questions, I will admit that I've always been kind of embarrassed to ask questions in the past since I'm new (this is my 4th game? I think?). But I've decided that's silly, so in this game, I think it, I ask it (after checking to see if it's already been answered somewhere). If asking more questions this game seems odd compared to how I've played in the past, that's why. And I do think that the answers to my questions are helpful to the village, even if they're also helpful to the elims. In general, information about gameplay is useful for everyone.

@Ecthelion III I think you're cursed to never get upvotes from me cuz every time I try to upvote one of your posts I have just run out! lolol :lol: sorry!

@Bridge Boy (They're hazel lol....it's like an olive green color so they kinda look gray sometimes :P)

Prism was so relieved that Razor Shard had approached her! He did have a good reason for not coming to her party after all! She didn't know what the reason was, but she wasn't going to hold a grudge. He seemed sincere. (The fact that he was absent from her party when the pony who was kidnapped was also absent never crossed her mind :P) He also seemed very intent on making apologies to her. Was he just being a gentlemen by this new offer, or was it....something else? She blushed at the thought, and it made her happy.

"I am, in fact, looking for a birthday present for Bracken right now. I would be delighted to attend with you!" She didn't add the fact that she was happy he hadn't attended her very chaotic and depressing party the night before.

She noticed the white pegasus from the night before muttering poetry. That note he dropped wasn't supposed to be for me, was it? She felt a twinge of guilt at the thought that he might have been going to give it to her, and then dropped it. What if he didn't give it to her because he was too embarrassed at that point? This was awkward. Especially since she had just agreed to go to Bracken's party with Razor Shard. Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding. But why is he here. And staring at me and Razor Shard? Well, me and Razor Shard's sword. She hoped that neither pony would be green with envy. She hated conflict, and she had been involved in quite a lot of that lately.

While she was lost in thought over this very strange situation, Razor Shard was suddenly knocked to the ground. What in all of Equestria was going on?  Could this day getting any weirder?

@Frozen Mint Thankyou for posting to defend yourself! I will think some more about who to vote...I just need to hurry and post this RP before anything else happens to change it lol

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

You know, it still looks like a little kid using paint, but I think this one turned out better than last cycle's. :D Just to be clear, that is a tongue, not blood.

___

Weaver worked hard at her desk. There had been whispers in Ponyville that she was a Changeling spy. She didn't know if she would last the night or be taken to Zecora's hut. But if so, she was going to leave them all behind something to remember her by in the meanwhile. Weaver held up her new design. A masterpiece.

C2 Fez.png

Crescent Thunder stood back, watching Twilight Star and Razor Shard rolling around and giggling. His heart instantly filled with envy. He nonverbally appealed to Prism, his eyes saying: "Do you have any idea what's going on here? And do you know this pony?"

Okay so here's some analysis on frozen mint because I'm trying to figure out what to do about voting.

1. Tells the pony with honesty to scan unicorns or pegasus to get secure pms and to help find which pegasi are elims. Says to avoid targeting earth ponies because they're ability is already public. Asks if the pony holding honesty element will be able to see their targets element if they have one. (I feel like the advice for the honesty pony is good but if frozen mint does turn out to be evil I would start suspecting the earth ponies because of this) -neutral read

2. Reiterates the importance of the honesty pony finding a trusted unicorn. (This is important but it could be something a villager or elim would want) Says she's getting neutral vibes from pk and me and is suspicious of straw for the bandwagon vote on me. Also says she thought about voting jedal because he voted on pk and then retracted it without really saying why. She says that a good elim move would be to vote on pk to go along with the village but then she votes on him? (Weird) -elim read for this part (sounds like she's trying to frame the villagers who were voting on him)

3. On this cycle she says she's getting a village read on jon because he's trying to promote discussion. (Good thing for a villager) -neutral read for this part / says if jon is good than she has a stronger village read on pk cuz trying to lynch a villager would be to risky for an elim (uh not really) -neutral to elim read on this / says she has a village read on rand, bb, me, and flash. Although she's more hesitant about me and flash cuz were newer and she found it easier to be less suspicious when she was new. (Neutral read on this unless it's cuz she's trying to cast doubt on me and flash) / says coming up with someone to lynch is hard and also states that Rand's plan is helpful for finding elims but doesn't necessarily clear ponies either cuz the elims could make a lucky guess about who the element was sent to (sounds like spreading doubt about almost confirmed good villagers to me) / says that my plan about the village pm is good but that we should have at least 3 ponies in it to start to ensure safety in case something happens to one of them if the other is an elim (still paranoia but this one makes sense) -village read for this

4. Asks if the kidnap will show if a pony had an element or not..Says it will affect rand's plan cuz the elims could make a fake claim that they had passed it if the element wasn't revealed in the writeup (good point) -village read for this

5. Explains herself well...except the pk vote really didn't make sense. lol

Sorry I couldn't post this earlier! I was busy!

I have other info from pms that makes me torn as to whether or not I should try to stop this lynch...but I can't put much faith in the info's origin. :unsure: my informant tells me to give mint one cycle to prove herself village...not sure if I should trust them. Or if I even would have time to stop the lynch at this point.

So many neutral reads from this analysis ugh...what do y'all think?

No votes @DroughtBringer

3 for mint 

1 for jon which doesn't count cuz he's an earth pony

I don't have any other good leads and I have a feeling mint is actually evil so to avoid causing a tie and not voting in thread frozen mint I'm sorry! I hope you aren't a village pony! :(

Cycle 3: Make a Wish

Happy Birthday @The Flash!

Party.gif

Nopony in Ponyville could remember the last time there was a birthday party and Pinkie Pie hadn't helped to plan it (Except for maybe Granny Smith, but a pony could never be sure what Granny Smith was ‘remembering’ and what she was making up on the spot). Fortunately, the super duper party planner Pony had foreseen that she might not make it back in time for Bracken’s party, and had not left him unprepared.

Bracken examined the large present that sat in the middle of his library. It was nearly as tall as he was, and just as wide and long. It was white with a large pink ribbon tied around it. On it was a note that read:

“Open in case of party.

-P. P.”

Bracken glanced at Wormy, who shrugged. So Bracken grabbed one of the loose ends of ribbon. As soon as he gave it a tug the top of the present burst off with a loud “POP!” and a “Squee!” A shower of confetti shot out of it, along with streamers, party hats, balloons, games, a buffet table, and even a large cake with candles somehow already aflame. The entire collection of party supplies spun through the air and landed in precisely the right spots.

Bracken blinked and adjusted the party hat that had landed atop his head. “Well then, now we just need some guests!”

Somepony knocked at the door, and when Bracken opened it the entire town was waiting there. After two days of being gripped in suspicion and fear everypony was ready for something to lighten the mood, and Bracken’s party was just the thing. So for the rest of the day the ponies mingled, chatted, ate cake, laughed, played games like “Musical Mares” and “Pin the horn on the Princess,” and there was even a bit of flirting going on.

But it couldn’t last forever. Eventually the sun dropped below the horizon, and everypony quieted as Princess Luna descended from the sky and landed in their midst.

“It is well that you have had a chance to make merry,” the Princess said. “But I am afraid that solemnity is what is needed here. Celestia still lies unconscious and all of Equestria is danger from the Changeling invasion. So I ask, who among you shall be drinking of the Elixir of Secrets this night?” Ponies who were quiet before went even more silent now. Nopony dared to make a sound, except for one.

Weaver was sniggering as she quietly whispered something in Twilight Blossom’s ear. Suddenly Twilight Blossom burst out laughing, and fell to the ground, stomping her hooves and wiping tears from her eyes. At the same time, Weaver realized that everypony was staring at her and frowning. She blinked at them, the red fez sitting askew atop her head, and said, “Huh?”

A short time later, the purple clouds of smoke in Zecora’s hut revealed that not only was Weaver her true pony self, she had also been holding the Element of Laughter. And so it was that Ponyville turned their backs on Laughter at the time that they needed it the most.

Jeeves sat in his home, pouring over his lists and notes. He knew he was missing Bracken’s party, but he had been too wrapped up in his work to set it aside. He wiped sweat from his brow, then leaped up. It all made sense now! He knew which of all the ponies in the village had been replaced by Changelings! And all the evidence was laid out neatly in his notes, plain as day for anypony to see.

He snatched up his notes and dashed out into the street, excited to spread the word. The streets were mostly empty - Everypony must still be at the birthday party, but there was one pony trotting along. Dapper Duke jumped in surprise as Jeeves galloped up to him and thrust the notes in his face. “I’ve figured out who the Changelings are!” Jeeves declared excitedly. “See? It’s all right here.”

Dapper’s eyes widened as he scanned the well-ordered notes. He cleared his throat and said, “Yes, hmm, I see. This is very well done. There is just one thing that you have forgotten to take into consideration.”

Jeeves paused. Had he really missed something? “What’s that?” he asked hesitantly.

“Changelings can change who they are at will,” Dapper said. “They can appear to be anypony.” With that green light flashed around Dapper Duke and when the light cleared Jeeves was looking at his twin, except that his twin had a malicious grin spread across his face. 

Weaver (Frozen Mint) was lynched! She was a Village Pony with the Element of Laughter

Jeeves (Randuir) was kidnapped! He was a Regular Village Pony

Twilight Blossom (Droughtbringer) is laughing uncontrollably (Cannot be voted for this cycle)

Vote Tally

Frozen Mint (5): Jondesu, Bridge Boy, Randuir, BrightnessRadiant, Anonymous

Darkness Ascendant (0): Anonymous

Paranoid King (0): The Flash

Jondesu (0): Paranoid King

Player List

Spoiler

Earth Ponies

1. Defecate Mac (m) Darkness Ascendant

2. Schitzo (m)  Jondesu

3. Razor Shard  (m)  Bridge Boy

4. Hidden Antler (m) A Joe in the Bush Regular Village Pony

5. Ironpies (m) Hemalurgic_Headshot

6. Moneybags (m)  Paranoid King

7. Jeeves (m)  Randuir Regular Village Pony

Unicorns

1. Straw (m)  Straw Village Pony with the Element of Loyalty

2. Dusted Rose (f)  Crimsn-Wolf

3. Bracken (m)  The Flash

4. Twilight Blossom (f) DroughtBringer

5. Seeing Eye (f)  Seonid

6. Cherry Blossom (f)  Quiver

7. Weaver (f)  Frozen Mint Village Pony with the Element of Laughter

Pegasi

1. Prism (f)  BrightnessRadiant

2. Weirdo (m)  Ornstein

3. Curiosity (m)  Jedal

4. Crescent Thunder (m) Ecthelion III

5. Silver Wolf (m)  Conatus

6. Twilight Star (f)  Alvron

pin_1496379600.png

EDIT: Also note that this cycle will go for a couple hours longer than normal, because this coming Thursday I will be busy for several hours in the evening. 

Edited by Herowannabe
Frozen Mint had the element of Laughter, not Loyalty. I C/P'd the wrong thing.

Sorry, guys, I got the rollover times switched between this game and another game. I had planned to do some analysis and vote before rollover but that didn't end up happening.

I'll be on for maybe an hour, so if anyone is open for RP, I'm game. Sorry my last one was so abrupt, I was in a 10-minute break in the middle of class.

Edit: And happy birthday Flash!

Edited by Ecthelion III

Well, we are doing a fantastic job of protecting the Elements from being kidnapped. :mellow:

Twilight Star was sad.  She was in the shadows again waiting for somepony to pass but it seemed like there were fewer and fewer ponies around everyday.

Oh, and for those wondering, my secret vote is the one on DA.  I wanted to see how it would be shown in the write up with it being secret and on someone with an automatic -1 vote.

Edited by Alvron

Rats!! Frozen mint wasn't lying! She told me and flash that she had the element of laughter, but that was after a lot of people voted for her and I didn't really believe her. I thought she might just be trying to get the newbies to protect her in the thread. :( sorry @Frozen Mint I wish I could've gotten my analysis up sooner so others could have talked it through!

FYI ...that's why flash was defending her so strongly from the lynch...I guess he was right.

So,  given that the original holder of generosity should have passed it on by now, we should have them claim who they passed it to.  Or at least PM them (just in case it hasn't moved on) , because that confirms them good.

Elaboration [this may or may not be what's actually happening, just how the character views it]

Crescent Thunder stopped. Lost in his thoughts about Twilight Star, he hadn't realized that he had been talking out loud. And now he found himself standing between Prism--the unintended recipient of his note to Twilight Star--and Sword-Pony.

What he heard as he tuned in to the conversation was Prism: "...would be delighted to attend with you!" She was addressing Sword-Pony.

He felt a strange twinge of sadness, nothing compared to the large twinge of fear at the fact that he happened to be standing between them.

Suddenly, a pony leapt from out of nowhere. She was a glorious dark purple pony, with elegantly spiked orange and black fur waving as if in slow motion as she soared. Her beautiful large blue eyes shown with pure joy. She laughed as she pounced...on Sword-Pony. She giggled and they rolled around, sticking out her tongue: "Found you~!" and giggled again.

Crescent Thunder's jaw fell open as if on a hinge, heart burning with envy. This was the girl of his dreams, laughing and flirting clearly with an armed pony who had just asked another girl (who was watching the spectacle, as openmouthed as he was) out to the party!

Crescent Thunder looked away.

"Art I the rain, the sun, the wind, To which

Thou claimest love, yet fain would ward away?"

He addressed the lines to none but himself, and the breeze.

@Ecthelion III aww your RP just made me sad lolol

Prism stood there dumbfounded. What was happening? And why did she have the sudden urge to strangle somepony...no pony in particular...oh wait...it was. She stared in disbelief at the purple perp who had pounced on her pony friend. She found the sudden courage and boldness she never knew was in her. Marching over to the pony, she who shall not be named (lol), and demanded, "What do you think you're doing?!" Everypony in the store looked up. No pony in ponyville had ever heard...or seen Prism get angry before. They were starting to think she didn't even know what anger was. They may have been right...until today.

@Bridge Boy ha! prism has decided to do something about this :P @Alvron you're in trouble lol

@The Flash so is the party RP supposed to be today?

"What do you think you're doing?!"

Twilight Star looked at the strange looking pony in front of her.  She seemed angry for some strange reason. Something she ate no doubt.

"I'm pouncing.  What did it look like I was doing?"  Twilight Star said, winking at the white pony standing next to the angry pony.  "You should try it.  You might even smile."

Giving a flick of her mane, Twilight Star headed over to the buffet table.  Who should I pounce on next?

Guys she told me and brightness in a PM that she had laughter. I tried to defend her. Brightness had qualms, but I still feel like she is village. And the RP I thiink is the writeup. Excuse me while I go cry over @Herowannabecat, the loss of 2 more ponies, and the loss of yet another element. :wacko::unsure:

Bracken was in a sour mood after the party. It had been going so WELL. And then... and then more ponies were "potioned" and kidnapped. Weaver had been so nice, too. Why did everyone think SHE was the changeling? He gazed at Weaver's final fez. 

Further not helping his mood was this book. It was a philosophy that said that ponies are defined by how they are born, and that their destiny is forever set. Bracken vehemently disagreed. Bracken believed that nobody should be defined by their birth. It was their life that defined them. 

"Just like that first book" a little voice whispered in Bracken's head. That first book really kept having its philosophy make sense, didn't it? And yet it just wasn't complete. 

Wormy was still sleeping. "At least I'll always have you, my friend." 

Bracken smiled and went back to reading that hoof-forsaken book. 

Edited by The Flash
Adding RP

Unicorns, make sure that you set up PMs.

And please, plan. Well done, Elims, on targeting discussion makers (Rand). It's interesting that you chose to do that so soon-- it makes sense, but starts to lessen the game. I wonder who would do that...

@Seonid how active will you be if you are GMing the LG?

Edited by Hemalurgic_Headshot

2 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Unicorns, make sure that you set up PMs.

And please, plan. Well done, Elims, on targeting discussion makers (Rand). It's interesting that you chose to do that so soon-- it makes sense, but starts to lessen the game. I wonder who would do that...

@Seonid how active will you be if you are GMing the LG?

About as active as I've hitherto been - a post per cycle,  and voting if I find something suspicious.

Also, I'm serious about the original holder of generosity claiming. We all rather need a confirmed good player atm.

25 minutes ago, Seonid said:

About as active as I've hitherto been - a post per cycle,  and voting if I find something suspicious.

Also, I'm serious about the original holder of generosity claiming. We all rather need a confirmed good player atm.

Is it possible that it was originally given to an inactive player? It would automatically be given to a random pony at the end of this cycle.

1 hour ago, The Flash said:

Is it possible that it was originally given to an inactive player? It would automatically be given to a random pony at the end of this cycle.

It is possible, I suppose.