20 minutes ago, The Flash said:

I am having a good day. I'm playing SE, people are actually remembering my birthday, I'm seeing my girlfriend tonight, and I don't have much homework. The world looks beautiful. I am genuinely not stressed. Which is unusual for me, school is usually stressful.

Just wanted to point out that this is a bit of a borderline legal use of blue text. I'm fine with it, but you aren't really supposed to use it for anything other than announcing you're going to be inactive for some RL reason (or something else that affects your ability to play in some way), or to talk about a techncial issue that makes you look guilty (FE: "The website might have said I was online at 3AM, when the suspicious elim activity happened, but I couldn't have been because I'm sleeping"). A quick recap of the rules regarding blue text from the subforum rules:

Spoiler

All out of game discussion should be in blue once the game starts. This applies to everything that is unrelated to the game, mostly pertaining to real life events/situations that affect your ability to play or that you wish to share with the other players. Site issues like the server going down and being unable to access the site or a site update creating problems in other parts of the site that affect the game would be blue-text as well. If it pertains directly to the game itself in any way, keep it in black.

Edited by randuir

4 hours ago, randuir said:

@Herowannabe, can the elims kidnap another elim?

Yes they can. 

4 hours ago, randuir said:

What if a village pony passes the element to the pony with kindness and they get lynched? Will the element of generosity be there still?

Yes. As long as a player is still alive and they hold an element that element is still in play. In this hypothetical scenario, the Kindness/Generosity pony would still be able to pass Generosity on. 

2 hours ago, The Flash said:

Ok and quick question on CR- is it supposed to be every post? Because I've been doing every RP, not every post...

It doesn't have to be EVERY post. A quick reply to answer someone's question doesn't need an extended RP, especially if you just did one a few minutes ago. 

Really, there aren't any hard rules, it's more up to how much effort you personally want to put into your RP. ;)

1 hour ago, randuir said:

But wouldn't an elim be able to ask that question in the PM or elim doc?

Actually, @Herowannabe, the rules don't explicitly mention the existence of an elim doc. Is my assumption that they have one anyway correct? Is there a rule forbidding asking questions in another location than the thread?

There is an Eliminator doc. Players are free to ask questions of me in other locations, such as their GM PM. 

1 hour ago, randuir said:

But wouldn't an elim be able to ask that question in the PM or elim doc?

Actually, @Herowannabe, the rules don't explicitly mention the existence of an elim doc. Is my assumption that they have one anyway correct? Is there a rule forbidding asking questions in another location than the thread?

Oh, absolutely. But, it's often wise for Elims to ask some questions in-thread, since otherwise they can slip up and reveal a rule clarification they received in the doc, but that others don't know, and it can tip us off to them. That question in particular was worded to sound very villager-y, but I think having it answered  probably benefits the Elims more.

Bracken strolled down the streets, Wormy on his back. He had taken a break from reading a book that declared that life has no meaning. Being clearly untrue, he got sick of it quickly. He had gotten in a small argument with Ironpies, who accused him of being a changeling. Bracken didn't blame him; everyone was on edge. Good thing there was his birthday party tonight! 

Moneybags had forced a "corn dog" upon him, actually a cattail. He whispered to Wormy as he walked away, "can you eat this?"

"Of course I can" grinned Wormy, and he set to work on the 'corn dog.' 

Quite a strange pony, that moneybags. But what did it matter? Today was a good day. He breathed in the fresh air, and enjoyed the feel of the sun on his back. 

Edited by The Flash

Okay, finally posting again! The main reason for me not being very active yesterday was because I was waiting for some more RP to respond to, wanting to have RP in each one of my posts. And it's been mostly game discussion so far. So far as actual suspicions go, I'm starting to get a slight read on Hemalurgic_Headshot, due to his "gut feeling" on Flash. It kinda seems like he was looking for reasons to get voting started on him. But then he also said he was mollified and backed off, which kinda ruins that I guess?

So that's the strongest one I have right now, though I will admit that Flash seems kinda off as well, but I think that's just me targeting all the OOG (Out Of Game) comments and posts he makes, since I'm not used to those. But on that note... I just have to 1-up my brother PK. So:

Image result for most expensive birthday cakes in the world

Happy Birthday! Looking forward to the Birthday Party RP.

Razor Shard had been drifting around town trying to look into the other ponies, discovering which ones were changelings. So far though the only thing he had figured out was that some people were a little too accusatory and that changelings were really good at blending in. That and killing kidnapping people.

At some point during the snooping, he had been handed an invitation by an excitable pony that proudly declared that a pony called Bracken was throwing a birthday party. Flipping the card over, it also said. "Everypony will be there" in what looking like really drippy red paint. How odd. Checking the card over a few more times, he realized it didn't have a time or place on it. But if everypony was going to be there, it could be the perfect chance to investigate further.

But before that, he still had to find Prism and apologize for leaving her the day before, as forced as it was. It was still rude. The fact that he somehow enjoyed spending time with her had nothing to do with it, and he resolutely blocked out the part of his brain that was saying otherwise.

RP shoutout to @BrightnessRadiant!

46 minutes ago, Bridge Boy said:

Okay, finally posting again! The main reason for me not being very active yesterday was because I was waiting for some more RP to respond to, wanting to have RP in each one of my posts. And it's been mostly game discussion so far. So far as actual suspicions go, I'm starting to get a slight read on Hemalurgic_Headshot, due to his "gut feeling" on Flash. It kinda seems like he was looking for reasons to get voting started on him. But then he also said he was mollified and backed off, which kinda ruins that I guess?

So that's the strongest one I have right now, though I will admit that Flash seems kinda off as well, but I think that's just me targeting all the OOG (Out Of Game) comments and posts he makes, since I'm not used to those. But on that note... I just have to 1-up my brother PK. So:

Image result for most expensive birthday cakes in the world

Happy Birthday! Looking forward to the Birthday Party RP.

Razor Shard had been drifting around town trying to look into the other ponies, discovering which ones were changelings. So far though the only thing he had figured out was that some people were a little too accusatory and that changelings were really good at blending in. That and killing kidnapping people.

At some point during the snooping, he had been handed an invitation by an excitable pony that proudly declared that a pony called Bracken was throwing a birthday party. Flipping the card over, it also said. "Everypony will be there" in what looking like really drippy red paint. How odd. Checking the card over a few more times, he realized it didn't have a time or place on it. But if everypony was going to be there, it could be the perfect chance to investigate further.

But before that, he still had to find Prism and apologize for leaving her the day before, as forced as it was. It was still rude. The fact that he somehow enjoyed spending time with her had nothing to do with it, and he resolutely blocked out the part of his brain that was saying otherwise.

RP shoutout to @BrightnessRadiant!

I now have no idea how to feel. One moment you threaten me, then you give me a massive cake? How am I supposed to EAT that???

Bracken was stymied by the massive cake. How did Razor Shard even carry that thing to him???? Wormy also gaped. 

"Ummm... does anyone want to help me eat this?" Asked Bracken. There was no way he could even fit this in the library door. 

And perhaps in the future, Bracken decided, he would calm down on always saying whatever came to mind, to help the rest of the villagers find those Changelings. This was in line with another book he had read, in constantly trying to improve oneself until perfection is achieved. Certainly a worthy goal, but perhaps not the true meaning of life. 

Suddenly Bracken realized he had not mentioned where the party was! 

"ITS AT THE LIBRARY" he hollered. 

Bracken looked at wormy (eating the cattail and a little red from making the cards) and carried a small section of the cake back to the library, leaving the rest of it for the village to enjoy. 

Edited by The Flash

I'm going to be adding another vote to Frozen Mint. I don't have many leads yet, but something she(?) said in C1 (see page 8 of the combined thread) stood out to me(emphasis mine):

I considered voting for Jedal since they voted on PK and then retracted their vote with little comment. That's the best I have for elim leads, but even that feels like very weak evidence. However, following PK's own logic, I think that killing PK would be the most helpful in terms of obtaining information. Many people are suspicious of PK, and a good elim move would be to join that train of thought (if PK is in fact village). While saying that PK is suspicious isn't necessarily an elim-like thing to do, going along with the majority suspicion of the village (particularly when it's backed by decent reasoning) would be. So, PK. If PK is village, I'm going to be more suspicious of those who supported lynching him. 

Comments like this are major red flags, as they suggest that someone is already aware of someone's alignment and making plans for using the lynch of a villager against the others that participated in the lynch. Comments like this are also quite strange for a villager to make. After all, if you suspect there's foul play going on with a lynch, why would you participate in it? And if you don't suspect that, why threaten the other players who apparently share your suspicion?

There's also one other thing I've noticed. The past couple of games I've participated in (specifically: QF23 and MR21) started with the elims going after some of the more low-profile players, and leaving most of the higher-profile players (people like, for example, a Joe in the bush) alive till the end. In each of those games, a significant portion of the elim team consisted of high-profile players. However, this game started out with a kill on a fairly high-profile player, which makes me wonder if the elims might consist of more low-profile players. I'd initially intended to not bring this up until I could point at more than one kill to make my point, but if I'm right I'm probably going to go down soon as well, so I might as well point it out now.

Vote tally:

Jodnesu(0): PK

Frozen mint(2): Jondesu, Randuir

I'm on my lunch hour right now and only have 5 minutes, so I'll throw up a quick post. Won't be on again until tonight, 6 at the earliest, but it'll probably be after 7.

Dang, I'm kind of impressed by the reputation I've built in MR21 :P 

6 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Frozen Mint, your question about the kidnap sounds like an Elim trying to figure out if they can slip something past the villagers. I've got mostly village reads on the others who have posted this cycle so far (though I'm mixed on The Flash).

I asked about whether someone's role is revealed if they are kidnapped, because it would affect randuir's plan. If the Generosity pony is kidnapped, and it's not revealed in the write up, the elims could make up claims about who had the element and who they were passing it to. Of course, whoever had passed the element onto the kidnapped pony would reveal, but what if they were lynched that same cycle? 

Edited by Frozen Mint

9 minutes ago, The Flash said:

Guys I'm reluctant to lynch Frozen just for what he did in a previous game. 

That's not the reason I've voted on her (as you can see in the relevant post), and Jondesu has also provided reasoning for his vote. If you see anything that indicates a grudge from a previous game is being perpetuated, please call the relevant people out. However, most people appreciate a good play, and all it does is make them pay more attention to that person in the future.

If you think Frozen is innocent, you should try to address the accusations leveled at her, or provide us with an alternative.

Edited by randuir

After Rand's post, due to seeing him as trustworthy after all the help he's given, I went back and looked at all of Frozen's posts. I found that he tends to ask a lot of questions to the GM, especially about the elements. Which honestly could be curiosity, or could be him trying to find out more information. And yes those sound like the same thing but they're different to me.

So partially due to his possibly elim-ish actions, and also partially due to Rand's post I will also add my vote to Frozen Mint. I just hope it doesn't end up like Straw again.

How are we lynching him for something in a previous game, Flash? The evidence provided was from Cycle 1 of this game. What reputation he's gotten from previous games shows his playstyle, so if he matches that or is playing differently that gives us more information. That's why it can be hard to get a read on new players, since you don't know how they play.

Razor Shard was in the town square, listening as a pony recounted how Weaver had threatened the ponies who voted on Straw with suspicion. But how else were they supposed to discover information? And there was no way for them to know that he had an element, Straw barely defended himself!

He recognized the orating pony as Jeeves, a high-born pony held in high regard by the community. So far he had been incredibly helpful and offered many strategies against the changelings, so if he believed that Frozen was guilty, he was probably right. Razor Shard walked away, mentally cataloguing Weaver under "incredibly suspicious." Perhaps future revelations would reveal further information and cause him to switch his intent, but currently Weaver seemed to be the most suspicious person around.

I don't know what it is, but my RP is feeling incredibly weak today. Hopefully I get my mojo back tomorrow, because I honestly just feel embarrassed of this and the last post.

6 minutes ago, randuir said:

That's not the reason I've voted on her (as you can see in the relevant post), and Jondesu has also provided reasoning for his vote. If you see anything that indicates a grudge from a previous game is being perpetuated, please call the relevant people out. However, most people appreciate a good play, and all it does is make them pay more attention to that person in the future.

If you think Frozen is innocent, you should try to address the accusations leveled at her, or provide us with an alternative.

As I see it, frozen accused PK of being a potential Changeling. I also thought that those posts by PK were suspicious. I just haven't mentioned it at all at this point, because I'm afraid of offending somebody and having happen to me what is happening to Frozen. Maybe that's why the little guys get picked off by the more experienced players; they follow their gut and accuse them in the first round where nobody knows anything, and they are thought to be elim. Such as what will probably happen to me by saying this. 

"Sometimes," thought Bracken, "you have just got to stand up for what you believe in."

Edited by The Flash

9 minutes ago, Bridge Boy said:

After Rand's post, due to seeing him as trustworthy after all the help he's given, I went back and looked at all of Frozen's posts. I found that he tends to ask a lot of questions to the GM, especially about the elements. Which honestly could be curiosity, or could be him trying to find out more information. And yes those sound like the same thing but they're different to me.

So partially due to his possibly elim-ish actions, and also partially due to Rand's post I will also add my vote to Frozen Mint. I just hope it doesn't end up like Straw again.

Just saying Bridge boy, but I don't think you should lynch someone just because I think they might be an elim. I've been wrong many more times than I've been right (I helped lynch you C1 in QF23, remember?), and though I tend to have some decent insights in the late game, I wouldn't say the same for the early game.

7 minutes ago, The Flash said:

As I see it, frozen accused PK of being a potential Changeling. I also thought that those posts were suspicious. I just haven't mentioned it at all at this point, because I'm afraid of offending somebody and having happen to me what is happening to Frozen. Maybe that's why the little guys get picked off by the more experienced players; they follow their gut and accuse them in the first round where nobody knows anything, and they are thought to be elim. Such as what will probably happen to me by saying this. 

You shouldn't worry about offending people in SE as long as you keep the conversation related to the game, so don't play against the player (don't say "I think you are stupid"), but play against their arguments (say "This doesn't make sense because of xyz") and you will be fine. So please, speak your mind and detail your suspicions. If you're suspicious of someone, tell the thread and vote on them. You're not going to hurt anyone's feelings by doing that, even if you're wrong, as long as you apply some argumentation and are courteous about it.

Edited by randuir
grammar correction

I'm back! :P

I can't believe I'm playing 3 games at once!! :o this might get a little tricky haha

I was thinking about mint's posts last night...and I had also started suspecting her. First she voted pk and then said that if he was good then the others who voted for him might be evil. (Sounds like an elim trying to frame some villagers to me) Then when I was asking if we should try to establish a trusted village pm based off of Randuir's post about generosity than she starts saying that it might not be possible to have a confirmed trust group. (This may be true but she could also be trying to get us to not trust each other and have a place to plan against the elims?) But I don't know if she would openly be against the village pm as an elim because she would look too obvious, unless she was afraid she would never be added to the village pm? 

I have reasons for thinking she MIGHT be village from pms but I honestly have suspicions from there too. I don't want to say too much and put anyone in danger, but I can't decide whether to vote for her or not :unsure:

Plus we would lose ANOTHER unicorn...the elims may be pushing to get rid of village pms? I dunno....I'm really torn rn.

It had been good to get some fresh air. (I looked it up, that's actually a color name hahaha) Prism had returned home, and found a note on her front door. It was a birthday invitation from Bracken. She smiled. Maybe her party hadn't ruined everyone's spirits after all. She was delighted that, after the disastrous meeting held at her home, she wasn't being excluded from this party. She decided to go out and buy a gift for the birthday unicorn. Hmmm a book might be an appropriate gift for someone who lives in a library. After all, Twilight Sparkle always loves getting books. She set off for town, to find the perfect book for Bracken.

.......later

She was browsing the books on the shelf of the store (she had gotten distracted by a particularly good art book) when she saw the pony who she had talked to the other day. Wasn't his name Razor Shard? Something like that. She was a little disappointed that he hadn't come to her party, and not because she had really wanted him in particular to be there or anything...right? She hid her face in the book she was reading, trying to avoid being seen. He had left right in the middle of her invitation to join her and her friends planning party after all. Shouldn't she be a little offended? She wasn't though. She was just unsure of how to act after that awkward first impression the other day. Maybe he had some emergency all of a sudden, and didn't even hear me invite him? After all I turned back to my painting while waiting for a response, and when I looked up he was gone. 

She was torn as to whether she should say hello or continue to hide in her very, interesting, art book.

@Bridge Boy you'd better explain to the poor girl lol

@Paranoid King I... Cannot. Does yours have enough to share with everypony coming to the party?

But you've been really helpful and logical so far, Rand. I'm not saying "If Frozen's innocent then it's Randuir's fault." Or "If Frozen's innocent, then he shouldn't have been so shifty." But it was your comment that got me looking back at Frozen's posts and I ended up voting or her indirectly due to that. If Frozen does die and does turn out to be innocent, then I will accept full responsibility for my vote. But if Frozen is evil like at least three of us seem to suspect, then I will accept that as well. I also accept that you could be wrong about Frozen, QF23 case in point, but so far this game all of your actions have been logical, well-reasoned, and incredibly helpful. So I trust your judgement and that you have good reasons behind it.

Finally Razor Shard had gotten the idea to go look in the art museum. Prism liked art, right? So maybe she was there? She wasn't there. Next the lake, for a good scene to draw? Nope. Maybe the main square again with the majority of ponies? Still not there! He was close to simply asking anyone he saw if they had seen her, when a flash of light caught his eye. Or more exactly, shined into his eye, temporarily blinding him.

Blinking as the light faded, he glared over towards whatever had reflected the annoying beam into his eye, and noticed a mane of glittery purple hair peeking over the top of an art book. Held upside down. More specifically, an art book on how to draw accurate pony anatomy.

Back to the point, he'd finally found the pony he'd been looking for almost the entire day. He started to walk forwards, but then stopped. Would she be mad at him? Maybe she wouldn't want to talk to him at all? But then he reaffirmed himself. If she was upset, that was the entire reason he was going to talk to her anyway! And even if she didn't talk to him, those were just his selfish feelings, and he owed her an apology.

So he advanced until he was a short ways in front of Prism and then came to a stop, waiting for her to notice him. Eventually a pair of soft hazel eyes slowly emerged from the top of the book.

Razor Shard swept into a deep bow. "I would like to apologize for not attending your planning party yesterday. I was..." he hesitated, "detained, by circumstances outside my control. But no matter the reason, I was still unable to keep my promise and I will do what I can to make up for it." He looked up hopefully. "I have heard that Bracken is throwing a birthday party today. If I could not attend yours yesterday, then may I have the privilege of accompanying you to the one today? Or anything else to make it up to you?"

He figured that was fair, right? A party for a party? Maybe he'd try and do something else to make up for it. He'd heard that girls liked flowers, right? That was a thing, wasn't it? Maybe he'd try and get some for her if they went. It probably couldn't hurt things at least. He realized he was getting ahead of himself, and waited for her answer.

Edited by Bridge Boy
Eye color fixed

13 minutes ago, Bridge Boy said:

But you've been really helpful and logical so far, Rand. I'm not saying "If Frozen's innocent then it's Randuir's fault." Or "If Frozen's innocent, then he shouldn't have been so shifty." But it was your comment that got me looking back at Frozen's posts and I ended up voting or her indirectly due to that. If Frozen does die and does turn out to be innocent, then I will accept full responsibility for my vote. But if Frozen is evil like at least three of us seem to suspect, then I will accept that as well. I also accept that you could be wrong about Frozen, QF23 case in point, but so far this game all of your actions have been logical, well-reasoned, and incredibly helpful. So I trust your judgement and that you have good reasons behind it.

It's fine, I didn't think you where trying to pawn of responsibility for your vote on me, I just wanted to make sure you understood that, despite how logical and collected I might sound, I make mistakes. I just hate the idea of people thinking "Randuir is really good at this, so let's follow his lead", because I don't think I'm that good.

Anyway, to everyone else, only 4 out of 18 people have voted so far. This game is not role-madness, where you can rely on the applications of roles to sort everything out. People need to voice opinions and vote to generate enough information to catch the elims.

I'm going to bed now. Hopefully I'll see you guys next cycle. Otherwise I'll be in the dead doc, judging everyone's calls and commentating on all decisions :P 

Vote tally:

Jondesu (0): PK

Frozen Mint(3): Jondesu, Randuir, Bridge boy

Edited by randuir

(Sorry to intrude, @BrightnessRadiant and @Bridge Boy. Things can never be simple.)

(And @Alvron seriously where are you)

Twilight Star! Where art thou, Twilight Star?

Thou wast absent from the proclamation, thou wast absent from the party--one would begin to think thou hast been remissly dozing in the bushes the entire time!

Crescent Thunder turned a corner.

I hath not seen thee for a time, and to tell the truth, I miss thy presence. Shouldst I have been more brazen? It seems as if I have failed to make my love clear; yet, little good would be accomplished by sauntering up and proclaiming "I love you"...

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he noticed a pony holding an upside-down art book giving him a strange look, and he realized maybe his internal monologue may not have been entirely internal. Looking again, he realized it was Prism, the pretty pony from the party. His mind instantly flashed back to last night, when he dropped the note intended for Twilight Star. Had she thought the note was for her? Did she think he liked her?

Then Crescent Thunder looked to the right and saw another pony--the one with the sword. Did Prism have a boyfriend?

Either way, the sword worried him.

Edited by Ecthelion III

Omake

Curse you to the depths of romantic comedies, Crescent Thunder! Was what Razor Shard was thinking. He didn't quite know why, but it seemed fitting. He didn't quite understand, but for some reason he despised the lovestruck pony who was currently confessing to Prism. Maybe it was because he was attempting to begin romance during a crisis? Or perhaps he was a changeling spy, sent in to lure sweet innocent (why did he think that?) Prism away before kidnapping her!

Whatever it was, he would not allow it to happen! "Nay, foul equine, though shalt not have the fair lady Prism!" After saying that, he scooped the confused girl into his arms and leapt upon a pure white horse that was standing nearby. The horse collapsed with a load groan and a creaking sound. Unfazed, Razor Shard drew his sword and pointed it into the blue sky. "Hi-ho SIlver, away!"

Upon which nothing happened.

From somewhere above them, a voice called out, "Oh no, my black long-brimmed hand perfect for a dashing rogue's disguise has fallen from my window!" The hat in question settled upon Razor Shard's head. He didn't know why, but it felt... right.

And thus the legend of Razorro was born.

Note: Not an actual post or canon RP, but I couldn't resist after I got the idea. ;)

18 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

(And @Alvron seriously where are you)

I'm around.  Just had a bad 24 hours and needed some time to myself.

Twilight Star giggled.  She had been hiding for hours now and the other ponies had only just begin to notice her absence.

This is it.  This is the time to pounce.

She crouched down waiting for the first pony to walk past.  Their shadow arrived before they did giving all the warning Twilight needed.  She pounced and landed on top of the pony.  Twilight Star laughed with pure joy as the two ponies rolled on the floor.

She tried to catch her breath but was having too much fun.

At least she was until she saw just who it was that she landed on......

Not an Omake

So he was still waiting for an answer from Prism when not only did another pony come out of nowhere and dramatically proclaim his love for Prism in... song? Actually that wasn't too strange in Ponyville. But after that, a strange pony tackled him out of nowhere, both tumbling to the ground in a pile, the stranger laughing of all things!

Immediately wary of the giggling assaulter, Razor struggled to draw his sword, but his foreleg was trapped by the attacker. He finally looked up and saw Twilight Star, a playful pony that had apparently advanced into physical slapstick. ...Or was it just a changeling pretending to be Twilight Star! But before his struggles could resume, Twilight Star made eye contact, stuck her tongue out and giggled. "Found you~"

Almost mechanically, Razor Shard's head turned to the left until he faced the shocked faces of Prism and the strange romance pony. Lovely. Just kill him now. Wait nope, he still had to hunt down his father first. But after that, if he was reminded of this day, please just murderate him already.

Pretty short, but leaves plenty of room for further shenanigans.