Mistings/Ferrings

StrikerEZ

Sorry if something like this has already been asked before.

Okay, so we know Allomancy and Feruchemy are both passed genetically. But is that just the potential for those powers (e.g. A Coinshot and a Seeker could have a Slider baby) or is the specific power in the genes (e.g. A Coinshot and a Seeker could only have Coinshot or Seeker children)?

Obviously, this relates to Feruchemy as well.

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Sorry if something like this has already been asked before.

Okay, so we know Allomancy and Feruchemy are both passed genetically. But is that just the potential for those powers (e.g. A Coinshot and a Seeker could have a Slider baby) or is the specific power in the genes (e.g. A Coinshot and a Seeker could only have Coinshot or Seeker children)?

Obviously, this relates to Feruchemy as well.

I believe it's allomantic potential and strength, but not specific powers. I'll have to check for anything concrete on it.

16 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

But is that just the potential for those powers (e.g. A Coinshot and a Seeker could have a Slider baby) or is the specific power in the genes (e.g. A Coinshot and a Seeker could only have Coinshot or Seeker children)?

Straff's only a Tineye, and Zane was a Mistborn. So I'd say it's just to potential for power in general (as I highly doubt any of Straff's lovers were Mistborn, given how they allowed him to treat them) And Zane was a Skaa Mistborn as well, so Straff would have to have bedded a Skaa Mistborn and got lucky if specific powers were genetic

Edited by The One Who Connects

23 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

I believe it's allomantic potential and strength, but not specific powers. I'll have to check for anything concrete on it.

21 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Straff's only a Tineye, and Zane was a Mistborn. So I'd say it's just to potential for power in general (as I highly doubt any of Straff's lovers were Mistborn, given how they allowed him to treat them) And Zane was a Skaa Mistborn as well, so Straff would have to have bedded a Skaa Mistborn and got lucky if specific powers were genetic

Thanks guys for clearing that up. That makes more sense. I just couldn't stop thinking about that question.

8 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Zane was not a Skaa Mistborn; Straff makes that clear.

I agree with you, but this conversation has included Vin and Kel as Skaa Mistborn so under those Criteria he fits.

I feel like being half noble in all cases kind of kills the point of calling them Skaa for bloodline. 

• Chaos locked this topic