Explain a Plot Badly

Omg @A Budgie there was a thread this entire time and I had no idea *facepaalms

I'm digging out the stuff we said on that one server :P

So, me explaining WoK started off like this before I stopped bothering :P

Spoiler
My grandmother used to tell me stories of the old days
a time of desolations
when the Knights Radiants fought back the Voidbringers and kept balance on Roshar
But that all changed when the Heralds broke the Oathpact

End of WoR

Spoiler

The Alethi highprinces march with their armies to the centre of the Shattered Plains to battle an eldritch choir

Explaining a magic system badly

Spoiler

People drink Stormlight, a crazy drug which lets you go a crazy realm where the land is the sea and the sea is the land

Stormlight Archive

Spoiler

In order to gain the power of ancient times heroes, characters need to experience some strong trauma. 

Mistborn Era 1

Spoiler

A street urchin is talked into joining a criminal crew whose leader wants to overthrow a god and ends up becoming a god himself

Mistborn Era 2

Spoiler

A Sergio Leone movie with a magic system(kind of)

Some webcomic ones:
Gunnerkrigg Court:

Spoiler

Girl who is her mother and a robot religious figure team up to survive high school. Oh, and there's a dog.

Paranatural:

Spoiler

A kid uses his magical powers to hit monsters with a baseball bat.

The Property of Hate (which I doubt many/anyone here has read):

Spoiler

People have random objects for heads in a world with a weird amount of Wizard of Oz references.

I might try and think of some more later.

3 hours ago, A Budgie said:

Some webcomic ones:
Gunnerkrigg Court:

Reveal hidden contents

Girl who is her mother and a robot religious figure team up to survive high school. Oh, and there's a dog.

Paranatural:

Reveal hidden contents

A kid uses his magical powers to hit monsters with a baseball bat.

The Property of Hate (which I doubt many/anyone here has read):

Reveal hidden contents

People have random objects for heads in a world with a weird amount of Wizard of Oz references.

I might try and think of some more later.

Been a while since I've read all three of these. They're good comics!:D

Here's a fun one ;)

Star Wars or Final Fantasy XII

Spoiler

An evil empire rules all. A group of rebels that include a princess, a kid from the desert, a pirate and a furry can save everyone. Also there's a jail break, a hostage situation and a wise old man.

20 minutes ago, Draginon said:

Here's a fun one ;)

Star Wars or Final Fantasy XII

Hide contents

An evil empire rules all. A group of rebels that include a princess, a kid from the desert, a pirate and a furry can save everyone. Also there's a jail break, a hostage situation and a wise old man.

Haha I love that this is 100% accurate for either.

I would have upvoted you, but I'm out for today... That's what I get for browsing the Shard at 4am.

Edited by Cowmanthethird

43 minutes ago, Cowmanthethird said:

Haha I love that this is 100% accurate for either.

I would have upvoted you, but I'm out for today... That's what I get for browsing the Shard at 4am.

I love both of them and when I had first heard this I didn't believe it until I saw the basic similarities. I hope to play FF12 again once I get a PS4.

There's a limit to upvotes???

Just now, Draginon said:

I love both of them and when I had first heard this I didn't believe it until I saw the basic similarities. I hope to play FF12 again once I get a PS4.

There's a limit to upvotes???

Yep, 16 per day, only learned that yesterday haha.

The remastered ff12 for the ps4 is amazing, I was impressed at all the little stuff they went back and added.

4 hours ago, Cowmanthethird said:

Yep, 16 per day, only learned that yesterday haha.

The remastered ff12 for the ps4 is amazing, I was impressed at all the little stuff they went back and added.

That's dumb.

Are you talking about the International Edition additions (like the Zodiac License Board) or the little changes from Zodiac Age (like the x6/8 speed)?

3 minutes ago, Draginon said:

That's dumb.

The point is to make upvotes more meaningful. If there's no limit then you can just upvote everything. If they're limited, then (assuming you hit the limit) those should be the 16 best posts you've seen that day. 

Here's a list:

Final Fantasy series

Spoiler

A bunch of men try to become gods, some succeed, in order to destroy the world. A bunch of rag tag rebels, thieves, heritics and chosen heros stop these men and mostly succeed.

Final Fantasy I

Spoiler

A man causes a Time loop to become a god so that he has the power to send the source of his power to the future to become a god

Final Fantasy II

Spoiler

A bunch of rebels kill an evil emperor. He takes over hell and heaven before coming back with a vengeance!

Final Fantasy III

Spoiler

A god is made mortal by his teacher and summons a cloud of darkness in order to regain his immortality.

Final Fantasy IV

Spoiler

A space creature creates various science experiments using planets. One is successful but he deems it unsuccessful so he tries to destroy it.

Final Fantasy V

Spoiler

A tree tries to put a planet split in two dimensions into o a void of nothingness.

Final Fantasy VI

Spoiler

A clown destroys the world. A magic girl, a thief, a truant guard, an assassin, Tarzan, a samurai, a mimic and a yeti go to kill said clown.

Final Fantasy VII

Spoiler

Science experiment thinks an alien is his mother and concludes the planet should die. Also terrorists are the good guys.

Final Fantasy VIII

Spoiler

A couple open an orphanage, woman gets possessed by a witch from the future, man trains orphans to kill his wife  it makes them forget her thanks to magic!

Final Fantasy IX

Spoiler

A theatre group goes to kidnap a princess who wants to get kidnapped. Also the previous angel of death is a big baby.

Final Fantasy X

Spoiler

Woman's faith in the church is shaken but finds a new faith to bring down the false hopes of the church.

Final Fantasy X-2

Spoiler

Woman mistakes video of a dead man from 1000 years ago for her non-existent boyfriend

Final Fantasy XIII

Spoiler

A group of people are given the task to destroy the world. They say "screw that" and sort of destroy the world anyway.

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Spoiler

Pretty much Back to the Future, except traveling through time causes more problems than solutions.

Harry Potter series overall:

Spoiler

A boy spends 6 books avoiding death only to let his arch-nemesis kill him.

Individual books:

Spoiler

Philosopher's Stone:

Spoiler

An advanced magic security system designed by several wizarding teachers with years of arcane knowledge is beaten by 3 first years.

Chamber of Secrets:

Spoiler

A man tries to kill his old boss's nemesis with a book.

Prisoner of Azkaban:

Spoiler

A grown man spends 12 years pretending to be a little boy's pet until his cover is blown by a werewolf and a dog.

Goblet of Fire:

Spoiler

A man sneaks a boy into a competition with a historically high death rate, helps him face potentially lethal challenges, all so that his boss can kill him at the end.

Order of the Phoenix:

Spoiler

Instead of focusing on stopping the magical mass murderer on the loose, the magic government decides its resources are best spent meddling in one school's education.

Half-Blood Prince:

Spoiler

The book with the most spoiled plot twist

Deathly Hallows:

Spoiler

A boy tricks his nemesis into killing him so that he can kill him later.

Forgot this one

Dissidia Final Fantasy

Spoiler

Final Fantasy 1-10 cliffnotes edition!

Dissidia Final Fantasy 012

Spoiler

Same as the first, just more characters plus ones from 11-13

American Mcgee's Grimm

Spoiler

A dwarf turns fairy tales back to their roots... What's A Christmas Carol doing here?

Doctor Strange:

Spoiler

-Some random Danish guy uses a lashing

-The same random guy draws aons

-BC gets an awakened cloak

-Random guy from above gets eyeliner and starts preaching about Ruin

-A giant mass of writhing, swirling Ruin shows up in the air

-BC makes a literal wheel of time