Explain a Plot Badly

10 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Inheritance Cycle:

Hide contents

A young boy, whose parents are dead so he lives with his uncle, is taken by a dragon and an old man for the sole reason that he is genetically able to access a mysterious force. He is conveniently missing when his uncle is killed and uses this as motivation for his quest. So, he goes around freeing Alagaesia from political oppression and an evil empire with his buddy-buddy team of friends and a super cool sword-based weapon. He already knows that one member of his family is still alive, and a strange romantic subplot lurks in the background. That romantic subplot does not, thankfully, include anyone in his family, but with someone in his buddy-buddy team, which makes things kinda awkward

Isn’t this explain a plot badly?

Here’s another version 

Spoiler

Backwater teen learns magic and kills TLR

Spoiler

But there’s dragons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 7:40 AM, Gancho Libre said:

Sharknado:

Hide contents

A tornado picks up a buncha sharks and throws them across the country

Hide contents

Yeah, I realize that's a pretty good description of the actual plot, and perhaps has no place in this thread, but it's so ridiculous I thought i could get away with it.

@Gancho Libre Lol! :lol: nice name btw.             @Kal-Eldin This killed me:lol::

On 9/18/2018 at 8:07 AM, Kal-Eldin said:

The Dark Knight:

Reveal hidden contents

A top one percenter stalks the city, beating up the mentally ill. Then he violates literally everyone’s privacy, and kills a popular politician 

Here’s the cosmere in general: 

Spoiler

Read the epic story of Where’s Waldo (played by Hoid Hoiderson) as he searches for the kings men who stole the shards of Humpty Dumpty ( played by Adon Alsium) in this Taken style suspense thriller. “If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my egg go now, that'll be the end of it.”

20 hours ago, PelekinikeleT said:

@Gancho Libre Lol! :lol: nice name btw.             @Kal-Eldin This killed me:lol::

Here’s the cosmere in general: 

Hide contents

Read the epic story of Where’s Waldo (played by Hoid Hoiderson) as he searches for the kings men who stole the shards of Humpty Dumpty ( played by Adon Alsium) in this Taken style suspense thriller. “If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my egg go now, that'll be the end of it.”

Hoid Hoiderson. NONONONO Do never say that again. It hurts. :) :):)

Edited by ElephantEarwax

On 10/9/2018 at 3:44 PM, ElephantEarwax said:

Hoid Hoiderson. NONONONO Do never say that again. It hurts. :) :):)

"Don’t worry," I whispered over the line, "I’m an expert on stupid."
"You’re..."
"Like, I can spot stupidity, because I know it so well. The way an exterminator knows bugs really well, and can spot where they’ve been? I’m like that. A stupidinator."
"Never say that word again," Prof said.” 
this was my first thought when I saw "never say that again. 

also, Reckoners

Spoiler

a boy takes up a career in spotting and exterminating stupidity.

^^

@ethan sedai

That reckoners one is hilarious.

Harry Potter 

Spoiler

The world's most powerful wizard attempts to stop a 14 year old wizard from killing off his soul one piece at a time.

Lord of the rings 

Spoiler

Two migits set out to chuck a possessed ring into a volcano.

Eragon

Spoiler

A mage with a fetish for eating dragon hearts is killed by a boy in revenge for burning his house down.

The cosmere

Spoiler

God has multiple personalities that fight with eachother.

Edited by Servillius

Oathbringer

Spoiler

While intentionally killing children, a childkiller kills his wife on accident and becomes the hero we need right now. 

Warbreaker

Spoiler

Wife Swap: Nalthis Edition 

Mistborn: Secret History

Spoiler

Preservation's new house guest refuses to leave. Will Preservation finally find peace and quiet or will he find friendship in the unlikeliest of places? Next on Mistborn!

Star Wars

Spoiler

A farmer's guardians are executed for harbouring terrorists holding classified government information. The farmer is indoctrinated into his neighbour's illegal cult, together with the help of a smuggler and his hairy friend they rescue a traitorous princess and blow up a government building. Also there's a guy with a bucket on his head.

The Incredibles

Spoiler

In this tale set in an alternate America...

In the wake of the Keene Act where superheroes are retired, Rorschach refuses to cast aside his vigilante identity and continues his one man war on crime. He discovers the nefarious plot of a billionaire genius who plans to use a fake attack involving a tentacled monster to spur the world to drastic action. Rorschach saves the day along with his superhero friends.

Stormlight Archive

Spoiler

The Wheel of Storms

AKA
The Books of Endless Pages

Mistborn Era 1

Spoiler

A group of thieves band together to steal a treasure of great wealth from a seemingly immortal tyrant. In the aftermath of the tyrant's death a collection of armies fight for control over the tyrant's lair.

The Hobbit

Spoiler

A group of thieves band together to steal a treasure of great wealth from a seemingly immortal tyrant. In the aftermath of the tyrant's death a collection of armies fight for control over the tyrant's lair.

Edited by Pagliacci

Steelheart

Spoiler

A young kid living in a pretty awful city gets magical powers and ends up killing a guy who made his summer a bummer.

Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell

Spoiler

A woman walks into a haunted forest and kills things with silver.

The Rithmatist

Spoiler

A boy who likes drawing with chalk meets a girl who likes drawing unicorns, the two then stop a bad guy from doing bad stuff.

Way of Kings:

Spoiler

A surgeon learns to yell at a fairy

Words of Radiance:

Spoiler

An artist learns to yell at a drawing

Edgedancer:

Spoiler

An orphan learns to yell at a plant

Oathbringer:

Spoiler

A warrior learns to yell at God

Edited by Bacon

8 minutes ago, Pagliacci said:

Cosmere as told by Pattern:

Warbreaker:

Reveal hidden contents

NO MATING

Mistborn:

Reveal hidden contents

mmm.... lies

Elantris

Reveal hidden contents

I’m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to

Wax & Wayne ('s creation)

Reveal hidden contents

Can something be "almost" an accident

Every fan and Hoid:

Reveal hidden contents

That’s not enough. I must know something true about you. Tell me. The stronger the truth, the more hidden it is, the more powerful the bond. Tell me. Tell me. What are you??

This is genius. 

The Thomas Covenant books:

Series 1: A depressed leper inspires his daughter-by-rape to break the laws of physics, then ghosts laugh at the dark side of God and the leper uses his wedding ring to shatter an evil emerald that was changing the color of the moon.

Series 2: A doctor befriends and falls in love with the leper when she discovers him feeding his ex-wife with his own blood and accompanies him to a magical world where she can help mentally ill people only by demonically possessing them.

Series 3: The leper, the doctor, and their autistic son wake up a giant worm who eats the planet before the entire universe is recreated in a single sentence.

Edited by Ripheus23