Explain a Plot Badly

• 4 weeks later...

Cosmere:

Mistborn 

Spoiler

Adding "dust" to your drinks makes you fly.

Stormlight Archives

Spoiler

A raging alcoholic who went clean try to stop god. 

Warbreaker

Spoiler

A father forced her teenage girl to marry a 50 year old dude from another country.

None-Cosmere:

Harry Potter

Spoiler

A bunch of wizards fight over wands with wands.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Spoiler

God is an incredibly moody eccentric highschoolgirl who likes to cosplay as a bunny.

Lorian Legacies

Spoiler

A bunch of numbers try to survive.

Strike the Blood

Spoiler

A middle school girl follows around a horny powerful vampire who has to finish homework all the time.

Blindsight

Spoiler

wait what

I have no Mouth and I must Scream

Spoiler

A living sentient jelly tells the story of his journey with 4 other people while a supercomputer makes their life miserable. 

Call of Cthulhu 

Spoiler

People losses their rust over a bunch of tentacles.

The Lord of the Flies

Spoiler

Kids turned from campers into a primitive tribe because they love roasted pig and are scared of the dark.

Hyperion Cantos

Spoiler

Adults talk about their lives as they approach the temple of doom.

Ship of Fools

Spoiler

well a ship of fools

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Spoiler

A kid who likes too much syrup on his pancakes tries to stop grandpa from killing his fathers, cousins and uncles/aunts. Mostly with the use of a pen

Darth Bane

Spoiler

A bald dude kills an entire group of religious extremists so that that religion can only be practiced by two people at a time.

Starcraft: Liberty's Crusade

Spoiler

Space journalist tries to expose the goverment twice.

Kizumonogatari

Spoiler

A teenage boy helps a 700 year old woman get back to her feet.

Brave New World

Spoiler

A guy eventually commits suicide because the girl he likes likes to sleep around and don't wanna commit

Octo Expansion

Spoiler

A phone tries to throw goo everywhere, and an octopus repeatedly explodes because of a cucumber.

Earth Unaware/Earth afire

Spoiler

Aliens are overpowered.

The Lost Continent

Spoiler

Dragons want another dragon for his fire string.

Edited by Inklingspren
Posted too early.

Whitesands:

Spoiler

A planet where some people believe throwing sand is blasphemous. 

Steelheart:

Spoiler

Boy tricks superhero into killing himself.

Firefight:

Spoiler

Evil lady with cancer drives former colleague to kill friends.

Calamity:

Spoiler

Bad guy proves he is invincible, so he leaves.

Rithmatist:

Spoiler

Chalk is mightier than the sword.

4 hours ago, Ishar said:

This thread:

Hide contents

A bunch of sanderfans explain times when they completely misunderstood a book's plot.

You have accurately explained the plot of this thread-- in direct opposition to this thread's purpose, you rebel!  :P  Allow me...

This thread:
A bunch of Sanderfans explain times when they perfectly understood a book's plot.

;)

30 minutes ago, Zath said:

You have accurately explained the plot of this thread-- in direct opposition to this thread's purpose, you rebel!  :P  Allow me...

This thread:
A bunch of Sanderfans explain times when they perfectly understood a book's plot.

;)

Hmm... but of the plot of this thread is explaining times you misunderstood a book, isn't explaining the thread fall outside of it's guidelines, meaning it isn't in opposition to the thread, but merely there?

On 9/3/2018 at 8:36 PM, Ishar said:

Hmm... but of the plot of this thread is explaining times you misunderstood a book, isn't explaining the thread fall outside of it's guidelines, meaning it isn't in opposition to the thread, but merely there?

Eh, I think any kind of plot counts.  There have been movies and stuff other than books.  Spirit of the law vs the letter of the law, and all that.  ;)

It's about explaining a plot as inaccurately and misleadingly as possible while still being technically accurate (which usually requires a good understanding of the plot in the first place, so I stand by my earlier bad explanation of this thread's plot ;)).

I feel like I have to do a bad plot summary every time I post in this thread, so... Mistborn Era 1 and Secret History: 

Spoiler

The spirited young mountain guide Rashek dreams of a better life.  His uncle Kwaan encourages Rashek to murder one of Kwaan's closest friends.  "Sure," Rashek replies.  Later, Rashek takes a bath and realizes that was all he needed to fulfill his dreams.  Now Rashek has bigger dreams, but a conman and an insecure teenager mess everything up.  Rashek dies.  This exasperates Rashek, so he decides to die again.

Shadow of What Was Lost

Spoiler

This person and this person are the same person. And this other person is also the same person. Oh, and there's one more person who's also the same person as this person. They're all very different from each other, but they're all somehow the same person.

Oh, and bad breath gives away when someone is lying.

Alcatraz

Spoiler

A boy learns he needs to wear glasses, but is really careless and keeps breaking them.

Little Women

Spoiler

Four girls understand their mother doesn’t like them being bratty, but they are anyways.

War and Peace

Spoiler

There’s war, then there’s peace, and then you’re asleep.

Hamlet

Spoiler

Thou must mourn thy husband for thy entire life or I shall kill thee.

Macbeth

Spoiler

Oh, I just can’t wait to be king! I’mma go hire people to kill people.