Another Question About Szeth

soyperson

So, I was just perusing this:

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1110

And on question three, it asks if Szeth was brought back with Rosharan or Nalthian Investiture, and Brandon RAFO'd it, which to me raises the question:

Is Szeth a Returned? 

I know Endowment didn't Return him, but perhaps the "fabrial" Nale used to revive him had something to do with Nalthian Investiture, perhaps making him essentially a Returned.

What do y'all think?

Edited by bleeder

plot twist: it's scadrial investiture. Szeth used the bands of morning like Wax :ph34r:

on a more serious note, since healing is a rosharian surge- I wouldn't be surprised if someone who knew what they were doing with fabrials could make an object that could heal like that. The rafo could be intepretted to mean that maybe cultivation (where the surge comes from) isn't manifesting completely on roshar or something (perhaps she's hiding on one of the moons, hence the "nightwatcher")

idk, just a random thought

Edited by Unodus

1 minute ago, Figberts said:

I'm not so sure. At the SF signing I asked Brandon if Szeth was a Skybreaker, and he RAFOed it. So maybe he is a Returned.

I don't see the link between the two facts.

Anyway we know Szeth is not a Radiant at all as we know he can't currently use Stormlight and use fully Nightblood without dies. Szeth's attitude surelly will attract a Skybreaker's Spren...But he is bonded with Nightblood, this could keep other Spren far from him

Returned are cognitive shadows and I believe there's a WoB that Szeth is not a cognitive shadow. If this is the case, this means that Szeth cannot be a Returned, even if there is some more general Cosmere term for it. 

I'll check for the WoB and get back. 

10 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Returned are cognitive shadows and I believe there's a WoB that Szeth is not a cognitive shadow. If this is the case, this means that Szeth cannot be a Returned, even if there is some more general Cosmere term for it. 

I'll check for the WoB and get back. 

Yeah if Szeth becomed a Cognitive Shadow, his ties to the physical would be severed and this mean he could not be Healed by Nale

Has Szeth really bonded with Nightblood yet? 

I think Nightblood likes Szeth given his morality.

Vivenna spoke with Nightblood but was not bonded to it.

I think that when Szeth and Nightblood really bond its gonna be something special. 

same with his release during a Highstorm or Everstorm.

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

Has Szeth really bonded with Nightblood yet? 

I think they not as to properly Bond with Nightblood, Szeth will die in the process.

So unless Nale manage to find a way to make Szeth to survive this Step....the two aren't bonded yet (also if the scene between the two seems to suggest the opposite. So maybe Nale really performed some oddity to allow It)

Edited by Yata

• Chaos locked this topic