Do Bendalloy and Cadmium Bubbles Stack?

ILuvHats

In the the Wax and Wayne series, it was mentioned that if a Slider and a Pulser both create bubbles in the same place, the bubbles cancel each other's effects.  However, I was wondering what happens if you have multiple sliders or multiple Pulsers create bubbles at the same time.    Would the effects stack exponentially, or would it be as if only one bubble was in place?

If the effects did accumulate, it wouldn't mean much for sliders.  I mean, it doesn't matter that much whether you could compress 1 minute into 5 seconds, or 1 minute into 0.001 seconds, since there's only a few seconds difference.  However, with Pulsers, it would be an entirely different case.  Since cadmium burns so slowly, you could probably travel years into the future, potentially decades if you gathered enough allomancers, and if you had enough cadmium to restock them.  I'm not sure why you would want to travel forward in time so far, but it would be an interesting mechanic if it worked.

I haven't seen this addressed in Theoryland or the books.  If there's another forum on the 17th shard discussing this, could you redirect me to it?

24 minutes ago, ILuvHats said:

In the the Wax and Wayne series, it was mentioned that if a Slider and a Pulser both create bubbles in the same place, the bubbles cancel each other's effects.  However, I was wondering what happens if you have multiple sliders or multiple Pulsers create bubbles at the same time.    Would the effects stack exponentially, or would it be as if only one bubble was in place?

A Speed Bubble and a Slow Bubble will cancel each other out like a Venn Diagram, since one bubble is bigger than the other.

Multiple Bubbles of the same type will compound the effect and double.

Now to bring up Kurkistan's Thread(as that's our source of these WoB's):

1 hour ago, Bridge Boy said:

I haven't seen another topic on this theory, but it is one that me and my brother support. We theorize that Marasi might either use this method or Duralumin-ing Cadmium to end up in Mistborn era 3.

That's a really interesting theory!  I hadn't thought of that.  It would be really cool if marasi did do that, and it would be interesting to find out why she would.  I guess we'll have to wait for the Lost Metal though (sigh).

• Chaos locked this topic