Krofusion

Question on Sourcefield

8 posts in this topic

So in Firefight, we get inroduced to an Epic named Sourcefield, and her weakness is shown to be when she consumes kool-aid. An Epic's fear is derived from their fear from the pre-Calamity time. With Sourcefield, her weakness is consuming kool-aid, and she gets this fear from when her grandparents poisoned her kool-aid when she was in her youth. However, it wasn't exactly her kool-aid that was poisoned, it was another generic drink similar to it. So is it possible that her weakness is consuming any drink similar to kool-aid or maybe being her consuming any drink that she believes to be kool-aid?

Edited by Krofusion

hahahahah maybe it is just the kool-aid man 

Αποτέλεσμα εικόνας για kool aid

i dont blame her if that is the case . i mean just look at him 

anyway welcome to the shard 
please accept this cookie as a welcoming gift  

if you have any questions about the forums feel free to pm me

Hahah, I mean, id probably be scared of him if he came after me. Thanks for the welcome!

23 hours ago, Krofusion said:

So in Firefight, we get inroduced to an Epic named Sourcefield, and her weakness is shown to be when she consumes kool-aid. An Epic's fear is derived from their fear from the pre-Calamity time. With Sourcefield, her weakness is consuming kool-aid, and she gets this fear from when her grandparents poisoned her kool-aid when she was in her youth. However, it wasn't exactly her kool-aid that was poisoned, it was another generic drink similar to it. So is it possible that her weakness is consuming any drink similar to kool-aid or maybe being her consuming any drink that she believes to be kool-aid?

I'd say the generic stuff would affect her the same as regular Kool-Aid. I mean, if you've been traumatized by an attempted poisoning through Kool-Aid, you're not going to stop panicking because someone shows you the little packet and says "Relax, it's not Kool-Aid, it's just Wyler's Wild Cherry Artificially Flavored Soft Drink."

Not sure how she'd mistake anything but Kool-Aid or a knockoff for Kool-Aid, though. I mean, you taste that stuff, and it stays with you forever. 

14 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I mean, you taste that stuff, and it stays with you forever. 

Are we talking about poison or Kool-Aid in general now? :P

The Jamestown Massacre is were we get the term don't drink the Kool-Aid. However the people were really killed with Flavor-Aid. So it seems that these things are so close it can be treated the same.

Is it like "Kleenex" is used commonly for tissue?

56 minutes ago, liseg13 said:

Is it like "Kleenex" is used commonly for tissue?

Yeah, I'd bet so. Unless I see the brand name, I usually call red fruit punch drinks Kool-aid. And most of the time, I say kleenex, not tissue, even when I know that's not the brand.