2 minutes ago, queensteph said:

I sure know how to pick em. :(

Good job on figuring out he was evil though guys!! I'm going to look through everything in our PM and see if there is anything useful in finding the others.

A couple questions for you right now that don't require any searching/analysis:

Who started your PM?

Who proposed marriage?

Who was the original smedry with the tripping power?

14 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

A couple questions for you right now that don't require any searching/analysis:

Who started your PM?

Who proposed marriage?

Who was the original smedry with the tripping power?

Me

Myself

I

I thought he seemed trustworthy (obvs I was wrong) because he was talking about how the different powers were helpful for the village etc. and so I was like he has a good understanding of the powers and I want to share my talent with someone who will use it with the most effectiveness. In the first turn that he had the power though he tripped Sabaneta which didn't help the village at all and was pointless. He said he did it because he was running out of time. Which doesn't make sense. The only suspicion he voiced to me in PM was of Lopen.

These are the people I tripped:

C1,Lopen I wanted to protect him bc if he was village I thought he might get targeted.

C2 Lopen, I thought he might be evil because I thought I had blocked the kill that turn but really it was just because the Elims had converted someone.

Note: Drought backed this plan and said it'd be good to roleblock Lopen again, which now I feel like that soft clears Lopen.

C3,Herowannabe, I thought he might be evil. (Still think he might be but I need to do some more analysis to have real reasons for suspecting him)

C4, Orlok. Ecth told me that he was suspicious of him, Rand, and Lopen. and although he was getting lynched and I thought he and Brightness were probably evil I trusted Ecth more than Brightness and went ahead and tripped Orlok.

The only basis I had on tripping Orlok was that I figured if he was evil then he would just stick up for BB since he knew that BB was village and that way it would sortof protect him as an Elim while he's not able to participate much.

In C4 Drought asked me who I was planning on tripping and I told him Orlok and why I chose him, and Drought never replied after that.

9 minutes ago, queensteph said:

Me

Myself

I

I thought he seemed trustworthy (obvs I was wrong) because he was talking about how the different powers were helpful for the village etc. and so I was like he has a good understanding of the powers and I want to share my talent with someone who will use it with the most effectiveness. In the first turn that he had the power though he tripped Sabaneta which didn't help the village at all and was pointless. He said he did it because he was running out of time. Which doesn't make sense. The only suspicion he voiced to me in PM was of Lopen.

These are the people I tripped:

C1,Lopen I wanted to protect him bc if he was village I thought he might get targeted.

C2 Lopen, I thought he might be evil because I thought I had blocked the kill that turn but really it was just because the Elims had converted someone.

Note: Drought backed this plan and said it'd be good to roleblock Lopen again, which now I feel like that soft clears Lopen.

C3,Herowannabe, I thought he might be evil. (Still think he might be but I need to do some more analysis to have real reasons for suspecting him)

C4, Orlok. Ecth told me that he was suspicious of him, Rand, and Lopen. and although he was getting lynched and I thought he and Brightness were probably evil I trusted Ecth more than Brightness and went ahead and tripped Orlok.

The only basis I had on tripping Orlok was that I figured if he was evil then he would just stick up for BB since he knew that BB was village and that way it would sortof protect him as an Elim while he's not able to participate much.

In C4 Drought asked me who I was planning on tripping and I told him Orlok and why I chose him, and Drought never replied after that.

Awesome, thanks for your quick reply. Your story checks out with things that have been said in the past (I just finished a read through of the past few days) so I am inclined to trust you. 

Also, it should be pretty clear that I am village:

1. I had the dancing power- a broken ability to give to the Eliminators to start with

2. I just used that power to kill an eliminator. 

3. @randuir and @Yitzi2 can confirm that I did so at their PM-suggestions. 

If I were an eliminator, that would be a very elaborate and meaningless ruse to go through to gain a bit of trust, when instead I could have just married a team mate, give them the dancing-power, and we could have killed two people and instantly won the game. 

Edited by Herowannabe
Punctuation

8 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Awesome, thanks for your quick reply. Your story checks out with things that have been said in the past (I just finished a read through of the past few days) so I am inclined to trust you. 

Also, it should be pretty clear that I am village:

1. I had the dancing power- a broken ability to give to the Eliminators to start with

2. I just used that power to kill an eliminator. 

3. @randuir and @Yitzi2 can confirm that I did so at their PM-suggestions. 

If I were an eliminator, that would be a very elaborate and meaningless ruse to go through to gain a bit of trust, when instead I could have just married a team mate, give them the dancing-power, and we could have killed two people and instantly won the game. 

Ok tru, I just was suspicious of you in C3^^ I don't even remember why, I think it was mainly gut feeling and I didn't have anyone better to trip. 

4 minutes ago, queensteph said:

Ok tru, I just was suspicious of you in C3^^ I don't even remember why, I think it was mainly gut feeling and I didn't have anyone better to trip. 

No Problem. I tend to be a little reckless (is that the right word? Wild maybe?), especially near the beginning of the game, because I like to stir up trouble and see how people react. C3 I think is when I called out DroughtBringer for being a librarian and I had a couple odd votes, so I don't blame you for suspecting me. ;)

A couple of things I'd like to get out of the way before I die:

In C2, Drought contacted me, and among other things he was casting suspicions at Lopen, primarily for his support of multi-lynches and sme other small comments. Other people he mentioned in the PM where Cluny (Neutral, but wouldn't mind lynching) and Yitzi-(slight village). Based on his actions, I'd say Yitzi is almost certainly village, and I'd say that Lopen is most likely village as well, given that Drought(evil) was trying to whip up suspicion. It was also quite well argued (I joined his suspicion until Joe confirmed that the conversion and kill where mutually exclusive), so I don't think this was Drought trying to cover a team-mate in case he got lynched.

I'm waiting for Joe to confirm something for me before I get into my second and third points.

Drought had the same "reads" on everyone to me too. 

Lopen/Elim

Yitzi/Village

Cluny/Neutral, and he said to keep and eye on cluny because he was kinda a crazy player? Idk what he meant by that since Cluny had only posted once so far and this is only his second game. So I kinda feel a little suspicious of Cluny. 

Just now, queensteph said:

Cluny/Neutral, and he said to keep and eye on cluny because he was kinda a crazy player? Idk what he meant by that since Cluny had only posted once so far and this is only his second game. So I kinda feel a little suspicious of Cluny. 

Cluny's already dead though.

Anyway, my second point relates to the statement I made regarding the conversion: If two of the Lopen-Siblings where Elims, they'd probably try to convert the third one. I checked, and being tripped blocks conversions, but does give the elims another try. Seeing the lack of conversions at a later point, I'd say the conversion wasn't targeted at Lopen. This, together with reads from Hero makes me reckon that Queensteph is probably a villager as well, despite her poor choice of husband (I was pretty convinced drought was good at that point as well, so I can't really blame her).

So, here I was getting all ready to tell that I trusted both Lopen and queensteph, and how I was probably going to target one of 3 people who where somewhat active and not cleared in any way. Then I learned that you only get told that you are tripped if you've taken an action. Lopen knew he was tripped. He has also claimed to have no Talent whatsoever, nor would he have gotten any from Umodus.

So either the person that told me that he hadn't told Lopen that he'd been tripped was lying, or Lopen and Umodus where lying. Some of these lies where also fairly recent, after it should have been beyond reasonable doubt that Yitizi and I are village.

So, luckily I've got a quick and efficient way to check who's lying here.

The world was rushing around Rand, as he swayed around in the saddle on Herb's back. He knew that he didn't have much time left in this world, but he didn't particularly care. Herb was rushing around, no, dancing around to a Jaunty tune in the middle of the town square. And Rand was dancing with him. Sure, it was more like swaying around in the saddle and trying not to get tossed, but it still qualified as dancing. This was the last item on his list. He knew he could let go peacefully after this. It made him feel al light inside, as if he was floating through the air.

Or maybe that was because he'd lost his grip on Herb's saddle and had been tossed into the sky.

Rand prepared for (more) pain as the ground came rushing up to meet him, but something soft broke his fall.

Rand slowly stumbled to his feet and looked behind him. There, on the ground, was the detective that had been stalking around town. He'd been in just the right space at just the right time. Poor fellow had been knocked out cold though.

In other words:  I open my Music box, begin to dance, and Kill Agent Deuce (Umodus)

Unodus was Killed! He was a Freeworlder!

"But Joe!" you ask, "How did Randuir make a dance kill if Hero is the dancer and they're not married?" Simple, The order of actions was kept secret for that exact reason. Marriages technically go into effect as soon as you accept a proposal. Randuir and Hero are married, but their marriage has not yet been announced.

Order of Actions:

Marriages
Dancing Kill
Tripping
Librarian Scans
Ugly/Maths Votes
All Non Dancing Kills
Passive abilities

So there you have it, there will be no more Dance kills in the entire game.

Updated Player List:

Singles

1. Yitzi2   (Jack) A Videogame Engineer
  2. Ornstein   (Pavelock) A Physiologist who trains locks.
  3. OrlokTsubodai   (Orlok) An average citizen who does his best to ignore politics.
  4. Elbereth   (Ella) A cute, innocent little girl)
  5. Jedal   (Jedal)  a Guy with good tastes.

Couples, Platonic Life partners and a Dinsoaur:

1. The MightyLopen   (Celia) A Girl swept off her feet.
  2. Queensteph   (Alex) Smedry with a Talent for Tripping
  3. Herowannabe   (Herbert) Smedry with a Talent for Dancing and Arriving Late
  4. Randuir   (Rand) Smedry with a Talent for Arriving Late and Dancing

Dead/Detained/In Coma’s

1. Sart   Killed by Knights C1: Freeworlder
  2. Bridge Boy   Lynched C1: Freeworlder Smedry: Looking Ugly
  3. Cloudjumper   Lynched Cycle 2: Freeworlder Knight
  4. Cluny the Scourge   Killed by Knights C2: Freeworlder
  5. _stick_   Killed by Hushlanders C2: Freeworlder Librarian!
  6. Magestar   Lynched C3: Freeworlder
  7. Seonid   Killed by Hushlanders C2: Freeworlder Librarian!
  8. BrightnessRadiant   Killed by Knights C4: Hushlander Knight!
  9. Ecthelion III   Lynched C4:Freeworlder!
  10. DroughtBringer   Killed C5 by Herowannabe: Hushlander Librarian Smedry Tripping
  11. Unodus   Killed C5 by Randuir: Freeworlder!
Edited by A Joe in the Bush

And now, apparently, I'm going to have to go and hand out a damnation apology (sorry Umodus), as there is one thing we didn't consider (and only bothered to ask after I put in the kill :facepalm:). @TheMightyLopen, are you a librarian?

Edit: sigh, I'm off to bed now, as I've clearly continued this till too late in the evening (1 AM ehre, and I already had an exisitng case of sleep-deprivation). Once again, sorry guys.

Edited by randuir

Ok so Rand just killed Unodus(who was a villager) just to see if he could trust me or Lopen. Which is a very Elim thing to do since there's only a few villagers left we need all the live villagers we can have!! 

Hero and Rand got married in secret so that it wasn't posted in the writeup but they still shared the Dancer(killer) power. Rand made himself seem village by having Brightness kill him, but he had the Late ability so that made him have time to get people to folow his lead in who to kill next. And Hero killed Drought (even though he was going to be lynched), so that people would trust him. And I feel like Lopen is in on all of it just because he's tricky and this whole thing seems like something he'd be behind. Especially since he was so for a multi-lycnh but has only voted twice(?) And having Drought say that Lopen was suspicious would give Lopen enough time to finish the plan.

Hero also has the Late ability since he married Rand. So he'll still be alive next turn even if we do lycnch him. 

And Lopen hasn't been active this turn which is weird to me and makes me feel like they've got something up their sleeve. Like a last minute multi-lynch or something. (which is what happened in my last QF with Lopen :ph34r:

I do believe Yitzi is village though. 

3/8 live players are evil. and if Rand is evil then at the end of this cycle that's 2/6 that are evil (that's after the Elim kill and supposing the knights don't kill anyone).

Hero and Lopen would only have to kill 2 players in order to win. and only 1 player if they got the Knights to kill a villager this cycle. 

I was thinking we should kill Hero until I remembered he has the Arriving Late Ability. So maybe we should kill Lopen?

Edit: Or we could do a multi-lynch on Lopen and Hero. Villagers please be active!!

Edited by queensteph

55 minutes ago, randuir said:

And now, apparently, I'm going to have to go and hand out a damnation apology (sorry Umodus), as there is one thing we didn't consider (and only bothered to ask after I put in the kill :facepalm:). @TheMightyLopen, are you a librarian?

Edit: sigh, I'm off to bed now, as I've clearly continued this till too late in the evening (1 AM ehre, and I already had an exisitng case of sleep-deprivation). Once again, sorry guys.

:( Yup, I am. I tried to scan Unodus C1. C2, I tried to scan Steph. Both times I was Tripped. I forgot to send in a scan C3(also didn't make a PM). This past Cycle, I scanned Jedal as not being a Librarian.

Sorry for not revealing I was a Librarian, but I didn't think me not claiming would cause something like this. :/ I was afraid that after Ecth was shown to be village, if I'd claimed Librarian, I'd be lynched. Now that both BR and Drought have been shown to not be Librarian's though, I'm beginning to wonder if Joe only gave the Librarian role to villagers, just to mess with everyone.

1 minute ago, queensteph said:

Ok so Rand just killed Unodus(who was a villager) just to see if he could trust me or Lopen. Which is a very Elim thing to do since there's only a few villagers left we need all the live villagers we can have!! 

Hero and Rand got married in secret so that it wasn't posted in the writeup but they still shared the Dancer(killer) power. Rand made himself seem village by having Brightness kill him, but he had the Late ability so that made him have time to get people to folow his lead in who to kill next. And Hero killed Drought (even though he was going to be lynched), so that people would trust him. And I feel like Lopen is in on all of it just because he's tricky and this whole thing seems like something he'd be behind. Especially since he was so for a multi-lycnh but has only voted twice(?) And having Drought say that Lopen was suspicious would give Lopen enough time to finish the plan.

Hero also has the Late ability since he married Rand. So he'll still be alive next turn even if we do lycnch him. 

And Lopen hasn't been active this turn which is weird to me and makes me feel like they've got something up their sleeve. Like a last minute multi-lynch or something. (which is what happened in my last QF with Lopen :ph34r:

3/8 live players are evil. and if Rand is evil then at the end of this cycle that's 2/6 that are evil (that's after the Elim kill and supposing the knights don't kill anyone).

Hero and Lopen would only have to kill 2 players in order to win. and only 1 player if they got the Knights to kill a villager this cycle. 

I was thinking we should kill Hero until I remembered he has the Arriving Late Ability. So maybe we should kill Lopen?

Rand is the one who helped kill BR and get Drought outed. If he'd been evil, don't you think he'd have just killed Yitzi and added another teammate to the Knights doc, so they'd have majority? At that point, they'd have basically won the game. So this theory doesn't make any sense, sorry. Plus, why would the elims attack Rand, and kill Drought, just so Rand could kill Unodus, a player who hasn't even done much game discussion. That's 3 elims deaths(BR, Drought, and Rand) for just the single village death, and trust for Hero. Which is not a good pay off.

As for me being active this Turn, um, you of all people should know that I haven't had the time until just now. I did post last Night, and was trying to help discussion with my suggestion of voting for the next Knight recruit(which I was going to discuss with Yitzi and randuir whether we should actually take the vote seriously or just decide on our own and use the discussion for how we should choose or not).

And I would have loved going for the multi-lynch, but I hardly had the time to try and coordinate one with others, and so far I've had a difficult time getting suspicions I'm confident in, which is what I told you I wanted to use the multi lynch on at the start of the game. I said I wanted to wait until the 3rd of 4th Cycle and try to lynch all of the remaining eliminators at once. Of course, I was really just trying to get reactions from that, but if I came to trust you, I might have tried it, since I really like that mechanic, and it would have been awesome to pull that off.

At this point, I'm strongly suspicious of you. You married an eliminator on the 2nd Cycle when you had the Tripping Talent. Considering I feel like it's extremely likely that Hero is village, then I wouldn't put it past Joe to give the elims the Tripper role, or maybe you claimed to Drought and he converted you? Either way, you just moved to the top of my suspect list. Steph. Drought.

@queensteph I really want to keep trusting you but your logic is... well, terrible. We just established that I am good a couple posts ago. 

Rand was ATTACKED by the Eliminators and that's why he's dying. 

Rand (along with Yitzi) was the driving force behind both BrightnessRandiant and Droughtbringer's deaths. 

I suppose there is a microscopic possibility that it's some elaborate ruse to gain trust but really, what's the point? Before Rand and Yitzi set this in motion the Eliminators were a cycle or two away from a perfect game. 

Yes Rand and I got married. We've been discussing things in PMs all day along with Yitzi because we know that it's almost certain that we're all village. Most of our plans will remain in that PM for now because we don't want the Eliminators to know what we're doing. 

Luckily for you, Queensteph, I think you are a villager trying to make sense of things, not an eliminator trying to cast suspicion on virtually elim-proof villagers. 

Anyway, moving on. 

We need to vote. BR and Drought were both fairly active, so I think that there are an eliminator or two floating around in the "lurker" region. As such I'm going to cast a vote for Ornstein for now. I'll try to check in one more time but I'm going to the opera in an hour so that will be it for me this cycle. 

22 minutes ago, queensteph said:

Edit: Or we could do a multi-lynch on Lopen and Hero. Villagers please be active!!

If Rand were an elim, he and BR could have done far more damage at the time they were both Knights.  Furthermore, if Rand is an elim, we effectively get a free kill on an elim (they need every member even more than we do), making that the less dangerous situation by far.  Likewise, as was stated, if Hero was an elim, they could have just won, no need for subterfuge.  (Unless QS and Lopen are the other two elims, but if that's a consideration better to target them first.)  Be aware that the theorizing about Lopen's knowing he was tripped was largely my doing in PM, though Rand apparently blames himself for not catching the possibility of "librarian scan".

At the end of the day, assuming one lynch, one knight kill, and one elim kill, we will have 5 players left; we like odd numbers, so let's avoid double kills this round (even leaving aside the danger of elim manipulation).

It is possible that there are no librarian elims, but if so, why would they have started by taking out librarians...for that matter, how would they have found them?

BR was ok with a knight kill on Ornstein (what she thought was the plan last cycle), so I don't think he's guilty.

More to come.

ug idk im so confused this is throwing me for a loop. One minute I trust Lopen then the next im trying to get him killed. :wacko:

I admit it looks bad on my part but I'm just trying to help. I guess I'll move my vote to Orlok since he could be a lurker. ugh!!! Lopen.

Now, for some numbers-based analysis:

-Assuming Rand is village and there are no double-lynches or missed kills due to inactivity or tripping, we can afford a single mislynch/miskill.  If Rand is elim (highly unlikely), we can afford a second.

-If QS blocks an elim kill, we can afford two misses as long as they aren't both this cycle.  If she blocks a knight kill, we can still afford one miss, but it can't be this cycle.

21 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Now that both BR and Drought have been shown to not be Librarian's though, I'm beginning to wonder if Joe only gave the Librarian role to villagers, just to mess with everyone.

Oh crap, Drought was a Librarian! I repeat, Drought was a Librarian!

Joe: If a librarian is tripped, and someone scans them, what do they show as?  A non-librarian, or "you cannot obtain a valid result"?

EDIT: Joe just clarified that they are still visible.

(Also, Rand mentioned that Orlok is inactive for medical reasons, so that may impact on things.)

Some thoughts:

-Queensteph and Randuir apparently traded role info.  That would imply that if QS were an elim, Rand would look like a much less attractive kill target, so I am inclined to trust QS.

-We have established that I, Rand, and Hero are all trustworthy.

-BR was ok with killing Ornstein, and Orlok is away for medical reasons and therefore likely to be irrelevant anyway.

That leaves Lopen, Elbereth, and Jedal.  Lopen is a bit iffy; on the one hand, BR tried to kill Rand once Lopen was on top; that might have been to get Droughtbringer to the top successor slot, but it could have been that Lopen himself was an elim.  On the other hand, DB tried to cast suspicion on Lopen, like he did for Rand (whom we have established to be innocent).  Apparently the Lopen-suspicion was in public, though, so that may have just been trying to ensure one of them would not be suspected.

Elbereth has given fairly solid advice, and while an elim might do that, I'm inclined to think that Jedal is the best lynch candidate.

Edited by Yitzi2

Well I really want to vote alongside @Yitzi2 or @randuir but I only have a few minutes left before the opera starts and I'm unavailable

So I'll vote for Jedal unless one of those two else speaks  up in the next 3 minutes. 

EDIT: Ninja'd. Good to know I'm on the same page as Yitzi though. 

Edited by Herowannabe