52 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Hoid suggested that "he" trusted Yitzi2 and maybe Randuir,

Could Brightness not have suggested Rand with the argument that he's helpful but also an Elim?

52 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Randuir suggested lynching Ecth.  Hoid was very strongly against it,

So I guess their love was true :P (BTW Ecth, if you're here i loved how you added a soundtrack to your parting RP. Honestly I wish all RP had music it's way more fun!!)

53 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Because Hoid had promoted Randuir, and it was a pretty safe bet they weren't both elims (as otherwise they'd use the Knights to take out Freeworlders faster),

I kinda feel like they could collaborate and try to get all of the Knights to be Elims. That way they could have complete control of 2 kills a cycle.

(I'm grasping here bc I don't want my husband 2 DIE) I will post more whenever Drought responds.

@DroughtBringer Babe, are you keeping secrets from me:(

Hey all Busy day today  with Mother's Day stuff, so I haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread but I wanted to pop on long enough to post something.  

I'll work on catching up with the thread as soon as possible, and I see that several people have PM'd me and are waiting for responses. I'll do all that as soon as I can but it probably won't be tonight. In the meantime, can someone please give me a quick recap of the past two cycles? Anything important that I missed? Anybody I should be watching closely and/or voting for?

2 hours ago, queensteph said:

Could Brightness not have suggested Rand with the argument that he's helpful but also an Elim?

Well, why did they kill me in that case? and why did I help kill BR? I might as well say it now, I'm a knight (Yitzi already explained this), and bringing down BR required the two of us to work together to go behind her back. This also means I'm certain that Yitzi is village.

Also, ecth, I'm really sorry. I thought it was fairly unlikely that an elim would marry a non-elim, so my surety that BR was evil this turn, together with all the other stuff made me convinced you where an elim.

Edited by randuir

Also, before I forget, Drought.

In addition to what yitzi has already explained, there's this post:

But...I also trust Rand and would like to get information if he thinks it's worth it. So I will vote for Ecthelion for now. But if Ecth is innoocient then I don't think I will be able to trust Rand's decision for the rest of this game. 

This would have been a perfect set-up for elim!droughtbringer. He would get to lynch village!ecth, while being able to blame it all on me, and then use this to try and discredit anything I said later. A villager would have either stood with his own suspicions, or gone over to vote with someone else without first making sure he could throw all the blame on the one leading the vote.

"The next day my thoughts were about as disorderly as a mountain goats rap mixtape of death. Turns out I'd fingered the wrong man, my own brother-in-law specifically. Aaron had disappeared the next day- along with his wife, Jemma. A little digging was enough to confirm this was the work of Kings secret police. Needless to say, this wasn't my greatest monday morning- and now the coffee machine was broken too. I'd resorted to breaking out the Earls grey moonshine from the safety of my impenetrable fort (underneath my desk). Oh, Randuir took a hit too. Randy was a nice guy, with a kind of honesty that was probably more dangerous to him than a tiger with a toothbrush and an assortment of cheeses. I only really knew him through my wife, though now I wish I'd spent more time with him. Apparently he was taken into hospital, arriving late to his death. I turned back to my murder mystery board, with lot's of string interconnecting various things that didn't make sense and didn't really have to make sense because screw the rules it's my board goddamit. Thing is, I'd received an anonymous tip off about these helmets the killer used, which meant I had a new lead to follow up on- and a few of the suspects I'd been eyeing had gone crystal-chameleon. It was time to do some digging, but first.. I'd better run down to the station to collect those marmalade crabs from the disco."

Edited by Unodus

9 hours ago, queensteph said:

I kinda feel like they could collaborate and try to get all of the Knights to be Elims. That way they could have complete control of 2 kills a cycle.

Two is enough for complete control.

However, queensteph, you might want to let us know whether you and DB are Smedries, and if so what your power is.

Edited by Yitzi2

Nice work Knights! And I'm honored to have joined your ranks. :lol:

I'll be honest though, Ecth being village is pretty frustrating for me. I just don't understand why he focused on me like he did. :(

Anyways, Drought. I think that's about as good evidence as it gets, especially in a QF. Because I think it's likely we won't have great lynch discussion this Cycle, and the Knights information is compromised from BR being evil(I kinda wish I had been able to help in killing her, but I'm okay with how things worked out :P), and randuir is going to die, I propose we hold a tryouts of sorts for the position of Knight of Crystalia! The way the Knights choose their successors is by putting who they want to be the next Knight at the top of the player list in the doc, so whatever order the players are listed as, that's who the next Knight(s) will be. So, what do you all think? We could have everyone vote for the next Knight in yellow or something, or if you want to be a Knight, you could just put forward your application and we will consider it if you make a solid case.

By the way, given that I am now confirmed village (if I were elim, I could have gone with BR as to the knight kill and won the game), I would like to ask everybody who can to send me a PM with their alignment and role (and anything else they care to share); maybe I'll be able to figure out what roles are on which side and maybe someone will slip up again.

EDIT:

2 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Nice work Knights! And I'm honored to have joined your ranks. :lol:

I'll be honest though, Ecth being village is pretty frustrating for me. I just don't understand why he focused on me like he did. :(

Anyways, Drought. I think that's about as good evidence as it gets, especially in a QF. Because I think it's likely we won't have great lynch discussion this Cycle, and the Knights information is compromised from BR being evil(I kinda wish I had been able to help in killing her, but I'm okay with how things worked out :P), and randuir is going to die, I propose we hold a tryouts of sorts for the position of Knight of Crystalia! The way the Knights choose their successors is by putting who they want to be the next Knight at the top of the player list in the doc, so whatever order the players are listed as, that's who the next Knight(s) will be. So, what do you all think? We could have everyone vote for the next Knight in yellow or something, or if you want to be a Knight, you could just put forward your application and we will consider it if you make a solid case.

I do not think this would be a good move, as it would make the elims know who's the next knight.  Better to send me the application.

Edited by Yitzi2

4 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

By the way, given that I am now confirmed village (if I were elim, I could have gone with BR as to the knight kill and won the game), I would like to ask everybody who can to send me a PM with their alignment and role (and anything else they care to share); maybe I'll be able to figure out what roles are on which side and maybe someone will slip up again.

EDIT:

I do not think this would be a good move, as it would make the elims know who's the next knight.  Better to send me the application.

Do take into account that a lot of people dislike the appearance of a "Mayor", which you seem to be appearing to try to become. It's the optimal play in terms of effectiveness, just not in terms of fun, which most people are after :P

Herbert stretched and yawned, finally waking up from his nap. As a dinosaur, his naps tended towards the long side; this past one had lasted 2 days. Slowly, he stood on wobbly legs, and his stomach rumbled loudly. He was hungry! Not surprisingly, though. The only things that he had eaten in the past week was a bit of wedding cake. He looked around for someone who looked tasty, and spied Master Namer Smedry cowering behind a bookshelf, while several other individuals searched for him. From the sounds of it, the were looking to forcibly put Master Namer into a coma. 

Well, if nobody likes the guy anyway, then nobody is going to miss him if I eat him, right? Herbert thought to himself. 

Herbert let out a blood curdling roar and lunged for Master Namer. Unfortunately the roar tipped off Master Namer and the little man dodged Herbert's lunge. Herb swiped out with a claw but missed again, then snapped his teeth but it was no good. The little man was too spry, and Herbert was too stiff from his long nap. So Herb popped his favorite 80's workout video into the VCR and began his morning stretch and work-out routine. 

For the next 10 minutes Herb hitchhiked, went round the world, he exited, slid, cheered, sweated, rumbled, twisted, and danced. As he did, his tail smashed into walls, his leaps caused his head to smash into the ceiling, his slides toppled bookcases, and in the end, his clawed foot came down on top of the frantic Master Namer Smedry. Feeling much better about how his morning was going, Herbert picked the little man out of the debris and gobbled him up, then went in search of everybody else. Apparently they had all fled when he had started his workout routine. Herb couldn't fathom why though. 

To be perfectly clear, I open my Music box, begin to dance, and Kill Master Namer Smedry (Droughtbringer)

DroughtBringer has been killed! He was a Hushlander Librarian Smedry with a talent for tripping.

Updated Player List:

Singles, Dinosaurs, and other inclusive descriptors.

1. Yitzi2   (Jack) A Videogame Engineer
  2. Ornstein   (Pavelock) A Physiologist who trains locks.
  3. Herowannabe   (Herbert) Smedry with a Talent for Dancing
  4. Randuir   (Rand) Smedry with a Talent for Arriving Late
  5. OrlokTsubodai   (Orlok) An average citizen who does his best to ignore politics.
  6. Elbereth   (Ella) A cute, innocent little girl)
  7. Jedal   (Jedal)  a Guy with good tastes.

Couples, Platonic Life partners and whatelse have you:

1. The MightyLopen   (Celia) A Girl swept off her feet.
  2. Unodus   (Agent Deuce) A detective, skilled at Seeping girls off their feet.
  3. Queensteph   (Alex) Smedry with a Talent for Tripping

Dead/Detained/In Coma’s

1. Sart   Killed by Knights C1: Freeworlder
  2. Bridge Boy   Lynched C1: Freeworlder Smedry: Looking Ugly
  3. Cloudjumper   Lynched Cycle 2: Freeworlder Knight
  4. Cluny the Scourge   Killed by Knights C2: Freeworlder
  5. _stick_   Killed by Hushlanders C2: Freeworlder Librarian!
  6. Magestar   Lynched C3: Freeworlder
  7. Seonid   Killed by Hushlanders C2: Freeworlder Librarian!
  8. BrightnessRadiant   Killed by Knights C4: Hushlander Knight!
  9. Ecthelion III   Lynched C4:Freeworlder!
  10. DroughtBringer   Killed C5 by Herowannabe: Hushlander Librarian Smedry Tripping

Note that all votes on Drought have been canceled.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

14 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

DroughtBringer has been killed! He was a Hushlander Smedry with a talent for tripping.

Updated Player List:

Reveal hidden contents

Singles, Dinosaurs, and other inclusive descriptors.

1. Yitzi2   (Jack) A Videogame Engineer
  2. Ornstein   (Pavelock) A Physiologist who trains locks.
  3. Herowannabe   (Herbert) Smedry with a Talent for Dancing
  4. Randuir   (Rand) Smedry with a Talent for Arriving Late
  5. OrlokTsubodai   (Orlok) An average citizen who does his best to ignore politics.
  6. Elbereth   (Ella) A cute, innocent little girl)
  7. Jedal   (Jedal)  a Guy with good tastes.

Couples, Platonic Life partners and whatelse have you:

1. The MightyLopen   (Celia) A Girl swept off her feet.
  2. Unodus   (Agent Deuce) A detective, skilled at Seeping girls off their feet.
  3. Queensteph   (Alex) Smedry with a Talent for Tripping

Dead/Detained/In Coma’s

1. Sart   Killed by Knights C1: Freeworlder
  2. Bridge Boy   Lynched C1: Freeworlder Smedry: Looking Ugly
  3. Cloudjumper   Lynched Cycle 2: Freeworlder Knight
  4. Cluny the Scourge   Killed by Knights C2: Freeworlder
  5. _stick_   Killed by Hushlanders C2: Freeworlder Librarian!
  6. Magestar   Lynched C3: Freeworlder
  7. Seonid   Killed by Hushlanders C2: Freeworlder Librarian!
  8. BrightnessRadiant   Killed by Knights C4: Hushlander Knight!
  9. Ecthelion III   Lynched C4:Freeworlder!
  10. DroughtBringer   Killed C5 by Herowannabe: Hushlander Smedry Tripping

Note that all votes on Drought have been canceled.

Sweet, it's nice to see that his talent for tripping was no match for my killer dance moves (get it? See what I did there?)

EDIT: @queensteph, any comment on your husband's death and his hushlander ties?

Edited by Herowannabe

Just now, Herowannabe said:

Sweet, it's nice to see that his talent for tripping was no match for my killer dance moves (get it? See what I did there?)

If we win, I propose we celebrate by killing Herbert in retaliation for the pun (assuming he's not killed beforehand).

Just now, Yitzi2 said:

If we win, I propose we celebrate by killing Herbert in retaliation for the pun (assuming he's not killed beforehand).

Lol :lol:

although if anything I would have thought you'd kill me in retaliation for posting a link to an old Richard Simmons dance video. :P

Rand sat in his comfortable chair, looking out on the village. He hurt a lot. Like, stabbed-in-the-stomach levels of hurt. Not surprising, given that that was where he'd been stabbed and all. And yet, he felt happy. He'd been working hard on first writing a bucket list, and then trying to get everything done. He'd managed to strike off a surprising amount of things already, but he'd never thought he'd be able to get the "watch a dinosaur dance" item done before the end of the day,

Rand didn't mind being wrong.

34 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Lol :lol:

although if anything I would have thought you'd kill me in retaliation for posting a link to an old Richard Simmons dance video. :P

I wasn't even foolish enough to try watching your video.

1 minute ago, Yitzi2 said:

I wasn't even foolish enough to try watching your video.

You really should. Just make sure you imagine a giant dinosaur doing all of Richard Simmon's moves in a cramped library/archive. ;)

2 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

You really should. Just make sure you imagine a giant dinosaur doing all of Richard Simmon's moves in a cramped library/archive. ;)

It's not even a library or archive, just an extremely crowded study.

17 minutes ago, Ornstein said:

Hi I'm back!

THERE'S ONLY 8 PEOPLE LEFT !!!!! FRICK!

Ill try my best Not to die!

10 people, by my last count(though I am living on borrowed time). Your gut wouldn't happen to have anything interesting to say about the survivors?