Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sheridan_rd

What If... (Calamity spoilers)

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering what would happen if Megan was evil.

Core Possibility 5: Setting similar to Book 1; but instead of being a reluctant Epic, Megan is a High Epic in all her glory.  She would have the proficiency with her powers she attained at the end of Book 3 and also be a fearless self-reincarnation Prime Invciciblity.

I would be surprised if "Firefight" wasn't ruling Newcago with Steelheart as her right hand 

Core Possibility 6:  Calamity left after creating Epics, thus no weaknesses.   However, Steelheart not Blaine got the power, and Megan and Nightwielder still transformed Newcago.

Edited by Sheridan_rd

What are core possibilities 1-4?

Also, I'm not sure that there would be no weaknesses if Calamity left. There might not be the corrupted Epics, but I think the weaknesses come hand in hand with the powers. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Faceless Mist-Wraith
Had another thought

5 and 6 are just numbers.

I'm assuming the book is Core 1, and firefight is Core 2.  But I didn't want to step on Sanderson's toes as 3 and 4 will likely show up in later books.

47 minutes ago, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

Also, I'm not sure that there would be no weaknesses if Calamity left. There might not be the corrupted Epics, but I think the weaknesses come hand in hand with the powers. I could be wrong though.

It's 50/50.  It hasn't been confirmed or denied by the author. (Though keeping the weaknesses would be more balanced)

But under the basis: no calamity = no weaknesses. 

How would Epics like Steelheart (who would be a villain with or without the Darkness) be stopped by humans and good Epics?

And of course:

1 hour ago, Sheridan_rd said:

I was wondering what would happen if Megan was evil.

I think indeed it's confirmed that the Weakness are there with or without Calamity.

Alternative Prof's daughter expose a weakness and she is born in a world without Calamity (or the Herald as they call it)

1 hour ago, Yata said:

I think indeed it's confirmed that the Weakness are there with or without Calamity.

Alternative Prof's daughter expose a weakness and she is born in a world without Calamity (or the Herald as they call it)

What was Tavi's weakness?

Her powers countered Prof's, and were likewise countered by his.

I don't recall a point in the fight where she completely lost her powers (but I plan to check when I get home).

Could the Reckoners  (with Prof's help) defeat "Firefight", if Megan accepted her dimensional powers?

[Sorry if I led the conversation dowe the rabbit hole by questioning if weaknesses still exist]

Edited by Sheridan_rd
After thought