Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Flynn

i saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2! I love it. i know some people were dissapointed, but i was the opposite of that. It has flaws, but overall i like it more than the first one. 

Has anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts?

Honestly? I wasn't disappointed or anything; I just felt like it was "more". More Guardians doing more of the same stuff as the first film. It loses a few points, since the off-kilter novelty of the first film is hard to repeat...

But it was fine. For some reason, my friends seem to think that means I didn't like it, which isn't true at all. So far as Marvel sequels go, it was pretty good; not as good as Winter Soldier, heads and shoulders above Iron Man/Thor 2. There were good laughs, especially from Rocket, the visuals were neat, and the setting continues to be unique within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It was a good film. It has it's flaws, certainly, but... yeah. I enjoyed it. 

18 hours ago, Quiver said:

Honestly? I wasn't disappointed or anything; I just felt like it was "more". More Guardians doing more of the same stuff as the first film. It loses a few points, since the off-kilter novelty of the first film is hard to repeat...

Gasp! You mean a Guardian film sequel feels like...a Guardian film sequel?!:P

@Left Same here.  The plan is to wake up early for Free Comic Book Day and see it in the afternoon. 

@Quiver agreed. It was amazing...soundtrack, script etc etc it just felt a little too samey. Would have preferred they did something a little different but hey ho, was still awesome. Although I have a few nitpicks

why on earth they go ahead with Quill x Gamora!!!!!!!!!!! Rage!!!!! This does not happen in the comics, keeping it more platonic makes for a much better dynamic.

And calling Ego a Celestial, even when we see a dead Celestial head in the form of Knowhere in Vol.1, not to mention an actual Celestial using the power gem in the Collector's scene, really irks me.....unless they're just using Celestial as a generic term for Cosmic Beings then I'll let it slide.

And sweet Christmas, how on Terra did they get the Watchers in this?!!!!

15 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

Two words:

Hide contents

ADAM WARLOCK!

Spoiler

Wait, what does the name Adam mean? I saw that little secret, but I didn't realize what the name meant. Is it really important?

Filler.

5 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:
  Hide contents

Wait, what does the name Adam mean? I saw that little secret, but I didn't realize what the name meant. Is it really important?

Filler.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidociously important...........like times a bajillion

Saw it this afternoon as a group date. Awh yeah! That was hilarious, at least as good as the original. A lot of awesome character growth. 

Spoiler

Star Lord's powers were awesome, and I loved the idea of living planet gods. Mantis was a fantastic addition, I really liked the Ravager dude, and Rocket's progression inspired by blue dude was heartwarming. Nebula and Gammorah...could have been milked for more tragic feels, but I appreciate how they did play with it. 

Action was great, effects were awesome, growth was phenomenal, villain was better than normal marvel fare, but I wasn't super impressed with the end credits. I don't understand the MCU implications from the final one, and aside from Teen Groot, the rest were meh. 

On 5/6/2017 at 5:42 AM, ParadoxicalZen said:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidociously important...........like times a bajillion

3f2.jpeg

@StrikerEZ, In true Brandon fashion I'm inclined to RAFO that... I'll give you just a little bit; it is much more of a WHOM does that mean and it is a larger connection for the GoTG to what will be happening in Infinity Wars than Drax/Gamora's connections to Thanos.

Edited by The Sovereign