Wayne's Next Favorite Persona; Cody

Self-Appointed-Deity

Now shush, don't make this a doom thread because the Reckoners are here too. But for those who have read any one of the Mistborn Era 2 books, you will know Wayne. Beautiful, insane, ridiculous Wayne, a man that follows a code based on a harrowing past that it took friendship, trust and an perseverance to save him from. What would we do without Wayne? Very little. For me, at least, for he is wonderful. Just to quickly evaluate a key trait he has as a person (rather than a Twinborn, put that aside for the time being) - Wayne impersonates to the point that he becomes another person - the accent, dialect, traits, mannerisms, he can suddenly be from somewhere else simply by talent alone. Marvelous.

Now, for any of you who have read any of the Reckoners trilogy (minus the second, sort of), you will know how ridiculous Cody can be. Is terms of characterization, and placement within a novel, he is very much on par with Wayne. Similarly, he holds to a code based on who he was. Who he was made him into who he is. To look at what stands out for him as person now, he seems to hold true to his own history and mythology, a distorted beauty of Scottish and Irish legends and myths suddenly becoming Southern American. Whether or not he genuinely believes these stories of his, it became evident in Calamity, the third and final Reckoners novel, how much of a comfort they are for him (David used them as a pep talk, sort of). Wayne can also be said to find comfort in being someone else, given how tragic his backstory is and how much hold it has on his present state.

Ignoring that whole "T H A T   I S   N O T    T H E    S A M E   U N I V E R S E" jazz - which is justified, but awfully boring for this question - how do you think a conversation between the two would go, if they were to meet? Would Wayne see someone worth impersonating - if so, would he end up facing personal truths he thought buried long ago? Or would it be something more manic, in which both try to outdo each other in their own, unique insanities? 

Personally, if Wax and David weren't around, I feel they would bring about the end of creation together but wouldn't notice due to being stuck in the midst of an argument on the ancient Scottish dialects of Irish knights fighting Welsh dragons.

. . . Or something along those lines ;) 

• Chaos locked this topic