Symbols that summarize the series?

Piglet1303

Hey guys,

So I know this is probably a different/odd post but I don't really know where else I could ask. For ages I have wanted a Mistborn tattoo but I can't think of one that would work. I don't want all of the metals but then I don't really feel right just getting one of them (If that makes sense) I was thinking of either getting a tattoo with both of the emotional metals to represent Vin, or a quote such as "I am Hope" etc.

However I wanted the view of other fans of the series! What symbols or quotes do you think summarize the Mistborn series?

The ultimate mistborn tattoo is, was, and always will be:

Inquisitor eye tattoos

I bet if you write Brandon Sanderson, Peter Ahlmstrom, and Isaac Stuart (and promise to get the tattoos applied) you could convince them to do a sketch up for you that a tattoo artist could then adapt.  Come to think of it, there are some brief descriptions of Marsh's tattoos in the Mistborn books, so Sanderson probably has concept art already drafted up in his notes.  Might even be able to get them to canonize it if you ask really nicely.

:D

Mine has the Atium symbol incorporated into it.  Atium is a pretty good one for the first trilogy, as Ruin was kind of central to the whole plot.

An alternate would be to eschew the metal symbols completely, if you are going for the "I am Hope" motif.  Seeing as that was a Kelsier line first, maybe something involving the Survivor's Spear, the glass daggers and some representation of either the mists, or the mistcloak?

Agreed, the survivor's spears would be good, or the 10 interlocking rings of The Path. I believe there's some pretty cool fan art work for symbols relating to Harmony's rings and the Bands of Mourning that's probably worth considering.

Alternatively, the symbol for feruchemic copper would be very fitting. Sazeds copperminds saved Scadrial and the series has repeatedly played on the themes of remembering the past and passing on wisdom.

Edited by hwiles

• Chaos locked this topic