WoT Television Adaptation

Jofwu

On 5/21/2017 at 6:26 PM, maxal said:

But the Sea Folks never sent their girls to the White Tower...

No, they occasionally send weak girls, in order to avoid suspicion and to portray their people as weak in the Power. There are at least three Aes Sedai (all pretty weak and in the Brown Ajah) from among the Sea Folk Zemaille, Nyein, and Aiden. Might be some Accepted or Novices as well... can't remember.

• 3 months later...

Ok, im late to the party here but totally excited about the possiblity this goes ahead and is doen righlty awsome!!

Regarding the "white washing" effect, who wants to bet that 85% of characters have brittish, welsh, irish and Scottish accents (not including the seanchen)?? 

For the whole feminists / male'inists mumbo jumbo, I think Mr J did a good job wif his chars here considering he grew up in a totally different time to most of us.. life was simple back then, where females told the males what to do and the males did what they wanted and complained even when they where wrong..

**  scratched chin in self reflection than shakes head **

no.. no, i was always right..

Plus, each to there own who you like more an less. I think having an opinions and connecting to some characters over others is kinda the point. It surprises me the amount of empathy these authors must have to write such diverse characters, especially in a 14 book epics with a dozen or so main chars and who counted side chars (seriously, did anyone count?)

Anyway.. Sony have the money to do this right, right? Right?!

P.s. i guess its time to toss the dice..

P.p.s. sry couldny help it ^^

!~ HIF ~!

On 5/22/2017 at 1:26 AM, maxal said:

But the Sea Folks never sent their girls to the White Tower...

On 5/23/2017 at 10:16 PM, jofwu said:

No, they occasionally send weak girls, in order to avoid suspicion and to portray their people as weak in the Power. There are at least three Aes Sedai (all pretty weak and in the Brown Ajah) from among the Sea Folk Zemaille, Nyein, and Aiden. Might be some Accepted or Novices as well... can't remember.

At some point in the book, having a conversation with Sea Folks, Elayne and Nynaeve discover that they send "some" of their girls to the White Tower so the Aes Sedai do not assume that they are hiding the girls with the power. 

Spoiler

It was one of the scenes where they also learn that Sea Folk can channel the ability especially their Wavemistress. I dont exactly remember which book it was ^^

4 hours ago, Mierinx said:

It was one of the scenes where they also learn that Sea Folk can channel the ability especially their Wavemistress. I dont exactly remember which book it was

The Shadow Rising, when Nynaeve and Elayne are on their way to Tanchico. 

32 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

The three brown aes sedai are Aiden, Nyein and Zemaille, all three of the brown ajah. They are named in CoT, chapter 21.

At the time of the Aiel War there were four Sea Folk Aes Sedai (excluding Zemaille, who was an Accepted at the time). Two of them were well over 200 years old. And they were all Brown. But when Alviarin encounters them it is suggested that there are only three (including Zemaille). It may be that the oldest ones died since.

On 9/15/2017 at 9:32 PM, rmmateus said:

The Shadow Rising, when Nynaeve and Elayne are on their way to Tanchico.

Really, that early? I remember living that scene later in the series. I think it's time for me to read the series again ^^

Turning back to the point of TV adaptation, I still gie you a HUGE no... How can you do such a thing? 

A movie would leave out most of the things... 

A TV series should feature more than one season to cover even one book... 

The cast is something else; with the rising Millenials, it is impossible to leave out what is considered popular culture; there is no way that this would not ruin the whole thing.. Oh God, no.

10 hours ago, Mierinx said:

Really, that early? I remember living that scene later in the series. I think it's time for me to read the series again ^^

Turning back to the point of TV adaptation, I still gie you a HUGE no... How can you do such a thing? 

A movie would leave out most of the things... 

A TV series should feature more than one season to cover even one book... 

The cast is something else; with the rising Millenials, it is impossible to leave out what is considered popular culture; there is no way that this would not ruin the whole thing.. Oh God, no.

Well, the conversation about the weak girls may have taken place later in the series, as it's an issue often debated, but I'm almost sure it was Jorin din something in The Shadow Rising who said it. At least she started it.

And I completely agree that a movie would not be proper. If they had a series with around 20 episodes each season, one season per book would probably be enough.