7 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes elims will attack one of their own (if they have protection) so they can gain trust. If you truly are village, then I would guess that's why.

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking. @queensteph, @Straw, @Paranoid King, @Burnt Spaghetti, @Arinian, @Cluny the Scourge, @BrightnessRadiant: if you're a villager and capable of attacking someone, we need to coordinate. The Skindancers shouldn't be able to block every kill, and there's no real way to predict how much protection they have. My question to each of you is who do you vote we try to remove first. Steph or Brightness? If you think someone else should be killed before either of them, why? I really can't see any way that one of those two can't be evil, so I feel that we need to solve that problem before we try looking for any others. For now my kill is on Steph, but I am willing to change it to Brightness if there's enough consensus / a reasonable enough argument for Steph being good / Brightness being evil.

I think that steph is elim, but I'm expelled and she is not, so I can't do nothing against her *shrug*.

4 minutes ago, Arinian said:

I think that steph is elim, but I'm expelled and she is not, so I can't do nothing against her *shrug*.

Is this for sure confirmed?

From the rules:

"Expulsion: Student is kicked out of the University. They also lose their ability to speak in PMs, but can still talk in the main thread (and in a doc, if applicable). They cannot lodge complaints. They must still arrange boarding each term, but they cannot sleep in the Mews, since that’s an option available only for University students. Expelled students can continue using any field ability they may have had and any items they created. They cannot gain any more abilities or make any more items. Their abilities can only affect people in Imre, but players still in the Arcanum can affect them, even if they are not in Imre. Sabotages kill expelled students, if they are unprotected."

It says they can use their abilities, but I don't think buying a Assassin is technically an ability.

@Elbereth, @TheMightyLopen, @DroughtBringer

Edited by Amanuensis
Added tags

35 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Is this for sure confirmed?

From the rules:

"Expulsion: Student is kicked out of the University. They also lose their ability to speak in PMs, but can still talk in the main thread (and in a doc, if applicable). They cannot lodge complaints. They must still arrange boarding each term, but they cannot sleep in the Mews, since that’s an option available only for University students. Expelled students can continue using any field ability they may have had and any items they created. They cannot gain any more abilities or make any more items. Their abilities can only affect people in Imre, but players still in the Arcanum can affect them, even if they are not in Imre. Sabotages kill expelled students, if they are unprotected."

It says they can use their abilities, but I don't think buying a Assassin is technically an ability.

@Elbereth, @TheMightyLopen, @DroughtBringer

I asked that. Assassin don't work.

@Amanuensis this would be awesome if it's true!

Also I did use fae lore on Cluny and straw on the turn where the only attack was an assassin on me from Burnt. So I believe that Cluny or straw (or both) are probably elims. Thinking back through everything I feel like steph probably isn't evil and I don't think I'm wrong. Everything she's done has seemed up front and helpful. I also finally trust Burnt lol. And I'm pretty positive aman isn't evil. He doesn't give off that same slimy vibe that he had in MR21 lolz. :P

I relatively trust arinian still as I stated before and I definitely trust pk. 

So all that's left is Cluny and straw tbh.

What is Cluny spending ALL of his money on? Cheese?!

(lol @Cluny the Scourge maybe you can put that in your signature :P)

But for real...he's a master so he's got half price tuition and he's also got mathematics abilities and he stole at least 4 talents from steph earlier...just sayin I've been shopping in imre quite a bit in this game and I don't see why an aturan noble master mathematician is complaining about money problems?? He also hasn't said much in the thread lately but what he has said made me suspicious too. He wanted stick dead (of course we all thought she was evil too) and he also said that we should start systematically killing the people in the crockery?! I don't know why that hadn't really raised any red flags for me until now. Okay I went back and found when he said that and here it is... He said that he would like to kill alvron when he had enough to afford an assassin and then maybe start systematically killing everyone in the crockery! I don't see how that would be good for anyone but the elims?

Straw has also been on everyone now and then but hasn't really posted. He says he's here and watching, but that's what worries me. If we can attack people in the uni I'd say we go for Cluny because he's giving me a lot of gut wrenching lol. But if we can't hit him I would suggest steph and aman try to coordinate an attack or something. 

Personally I'd rather make it to the end of this game, but wouldn't we all. :P If you do decide to kill me, please don't kill steph just because I'm a villager. I don't think the elims are among our active planning team. (Me, steph, Burnt, and aman) I feel like they're the quieter ones, just letting us take each other out one by one.

Okay I was ninja'd by aman and arinian while writing and doing research for this post lol

Edit: everyone is expelled except for steph, Cluny, and aman.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant
Answering aman's question

3 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Thinking back through everything I feel like steph probably isn't evil and I don't think I'm wrong.

Soooo what was all of that arguing that she was an elim about?

*ahem* "You are inconsistent, and such is always a red flag to me." *ahem*

4 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

What is Cluny spending ALL of his money on? Cheese?!

I want to get a bodyguard, gram or assassin. And have not gotten my stipend yet.

@Cluny the Scourge I thought she WAS a skindancer for a while because of the whole omen recognition thing. Which could still be a lie, but as I said, after thinking everything through and re-reading her posts I get a really village vibe from her and so I figure that stick probably was attacked more than once on the turn that I hit her. I just wish she would have clarified that for us.

@Amanuensis haha yep...totally evil :P...especially the part about you wanting to avenge the dead villagers who were anxiously reading the thread. That was just cold lol. ;)

Edit: also Cluny you know you can get a loan right? (Hopefully I'm not giving tips to an elim here lol) :P

Well and I do not think that if we only had five or six skindancers that Aman would be one, because he was inactive most of the game.

I think @Burnt Spaghetti is cleared, but let me check. BURNT-- Are you the namer that revealed Aonar?

I am still not sure about everyone else. I think if Straw was a skindancer he would try to defend himself, not sink down into not posting, but maybe that incriminates him more... I dunno. Straw.

@Cluny the Scourge I don't think aman is evil either that's why I said he doesn't seem evil like he did in MR21.

Also I don't think burnt should reveal if she is.. it would be too dangerous for her. Whoever the village namer is, they should be protected. I don't see why we should know their identity unless it would be so we wouldn't kill them.

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I don't see why not. It's not like the assassin is expelled. I know my Assassin will work, at least.

Why do you think this? Like, the write up implies that it was an Assassin who attacked Brightness.

T6M2 : El said 

Clarifications: Brightness Radiant was attacked by the eliminators last turn. I should’ve shown that more clearly as a sabotage, and didn’t. 

Also I really feel like Cluny is evil and we should kill him (revenge for my 4 talents? :P) If you guys do kill me then please go after Cluny once I'm gone. 

38 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Also I don't think burnt should reveal if she is.. it would be too dangerous for her. Whoever the village namer is, they should be protected. I don't see why we should know their identity unless it would be so we wouldn't kill them.

*snort*snort*wheeze*chuckle*snort* If it is Burnt then she is invincible.

Gram + Bodyguard + (Probably) Bloodless = maybe 5 hits to finish her? If there are that many skinnies in the first place...

Edited by Cluny the Scourge

Okay I just checked back through my pms and I tried to use fae lore on HH the turn that I attacked stick, but my action failed. (I think that was the turn that arinian said he used nahlrout on me.) That was the turn I was also sabotaged.

Then on the turn that I was attacked by Burnt's assassin, I used fae lore on Cluny and Straw and my actions went through. There was apparently no sabotage that turn because I was only attacked once, and Burnt and Steph said it was Burnt's assassin that hit me.

Edit: I think we should go after Cluny or Straw, but I don't have enough money for an assassin right now because I bought help for someone :P You'll be receiving a gift next turn...so then you'll know who you are lol. Actually it might even be active right now? Not sure.

LG33: Term 8, Month 1 - Chaos

I creep through the night. Tonight it doesn’t matter who I kill. It just has to be someone

First, I try the window of a particular hotel room, one I know is always unlocked. There’s a young girl sleeping inside, and I smile. 

I’m not a particular fan of daggers. I pull out a brilliantly sharp, curved blade, and smile. I prefer swords. 

I lift my sword - dramatically, since why not? And bring it down - 

Clang!

My sword hits another. Curses. The Bodyguard who had been sitting in the corner has plenty of time to block my swing. Teaches me to be dramatic about things.

Fortunately, I'm much faster than the bodyguard. Clang! Clang! Crunch! 

I grin. I've always liked the sounds of a swordfight. The bodyguard falls to the floor, but the girl's awake and she was or is a student. I don't know what she could do. So I run. 

Next stop is another inn, one that hasn't been raised by an alarm like the first one probably has by now. 

I won't repeat it here, beyond brief details: another girl. Another clang. Another bodyguard. Running, again. Seriously?

Right, then. Apparently inns are cursed tonight. Time for random death, then!

I walk down the streets, irritated, and find the first beggar I can. Not caring that she looks old or whatever, I stick my sword down directly through her heart. 

She gasps, chokes. "You're not a merc," she mutters under her breath. "How did you..."

I kneel beside her, wiping my iron sword on her clothes. "I'm an assassin, lady. An irritated assassin. I can do exactly what I please, thank you."

(Orlok's bit will be done later when I'm coherent. :))

Steph was attacked by an Assassin, but didn't die!
Brightness was attacked by an Assassin, but didn't die!
Aman was attacked by an Assassin, and did die! He was a Student.
Orlok broke out of the Crockery!
A Name was used.

Term 8 has begun. You have 42 hours to send in actions. 

blu_1496016000.png

Writeups have been edited in! 2.2 (in which DA dies), 3.2 (in which Orlok goes insane and Varda shows off; and Sart, Steph, and Eol go on the Horns), 4.1 (in which Eol doesn’t die; Burnt, BR, and Aonar go on the Horns (Aonar’s writeup written by him and excellent), 5.1 (in which STINK dies), 5.2 (in which PK is expelled), and 7.1 (in which BR does not die). Enjoy! 

Player List
1. Queensteph - Vintish Noblewoman 
2. Randuir (Telar Pike) - Yllish Commoner Student 
3. Hemalurgic Headshot (Noremac Quwester) - Aturan Nobleman Skindancer Master Physicker 
4. Aonar (Aodhan Breacadh) - Edema Ruh Skindancer in Naming
5. Wilson (Sloan Walker) -  Cealdish Commoner Student
6. Straw (Medicus Novis) - Yllish Commoner
7. Paranoid King (William Opuscule) - Yllish Commoner
8. Ornstein (John Springer) - Aturan Nobleman Student in Physicking
9. Jondesu (Vell) - Yllish Commoner Insane
10. Drake Marshall (Greyson) - Cealdish Commoner Student in Physicking
11. Assassin in Burgundy (Jurdaan Longfell) -  Yllish Commoner Student
12. Burnt Spaghetti (Dele Fajro) - Vintish Noblewoman
13. Orlok (Locke Alveron) - Cealdish Commoner
14. Magestar (Magestar) - Vintish Nobleman Insane
15. Alvron (Stryker Nox) - Cealdish Commoner Insane
16. Arinian (Darian) - Aturan Nobleman
17. Stick (Stick) - Aturan NobleStick Student in Archives and Physicking
18. Darkness Ascendant (Balthazar Myrrh) - Yllish Commoner Student
19. Cluny the Scourge (Cluny) - Aturan Nobleman
20. Silverblade (Ryth) - Cealdish Commoner Student
21. Amanuensis (Esuan) - Yllish Commoner Student
22. BrightnessRadiant (Amelia) - Aturan Noblewoman
23. Eolhondras (Eolah) - Yllish Commoner Student
24. STINK - Yllish Commoner Skindancer in Linguistics
25. Hael (Glavion) - Edema Ruh Insane
26. Sart (Titud) - Edema Ruh Insane
27. Joe (Chalks) - Yllish Commoner Insane

Edited by Elbereth

Ugh aman died!? I tried to give him some protection but it failed! :(

Did someone manage to block the sabotage?? Everyone that took a hit was attacked by assassins! I used fae lore on Cluny but it failed so he must not have been in Imre.

Welcome back Orlok!! We sure could use your help!

As some of you may have gathered, I have an appallingly weak immune system. I'm currently quite unwell, which will limit my ability to analyse in depth.

I have a pretty significant amount of the thread to read through in detail,  particularly on the Brightness/Steph topic. 

I'd appreciate summaries of the last few cycles, if anyone has the time, both to get information, and to see individual stances on what's occurred.

So I can only see three explanations as to why we haven't been sabotaged recently::

1. The skindancers aren't using their sabotage in order to foster suspicion
  2. The skindancers are being blocked by Fae Lore every time, and the blocker isn't telling us if it worked.
  3. The skindancers are all in the Crockery

Of these three, I think it's most likely to be the crockery one. Did anyone bother to finish off Alvron? If not, we should probably do that first.

Say, @Elbereth, is it possible to vote on people in the crockery? And potentially expel them that way? Because if so, they'd die immediately, right? And then we wouldn't need to bother with an assassin?

Also, Aman was still on the streets? :blink:

7 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

The skindancers aren't using their sabotage in order to foster suspicion

I think this is the most likely, everyone we lynch and murderize is one less person for them to have to sabomurderize.

the blocker isn't telling us if it worked.

I think this is very unlikely, because most everyone has protection at this point so the fae lore person would be alright telling us who the person is, and then we could all kill that person. (Everyone who can afford it.)

The skindancers are all in the Crockery

But isn't that an endgame condition?

I think if it is not,

Win Condition

Kill all the Skindancers.

then my plan of murdering all the poor saps in the crockery is sound.

Edited by Cluny the Scourge

I used Fae Lore on BR and Straw. And I also used Omen Recognition on Sticks attack last time so that double clears Burnt if anyone wanted it lol I just had an extra action period so I was like why not. (It also clears me too since I attacked Stick but you'll just have to believe me or not on that :P). Would anyone mind coming forward as to who attacked people? I didn't attack anyone this past turn.