14 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

To be fair, Eolhondras has been on the streets for just as long and is still alive, so apparently two people are that lucky :P also BR, I'm no expert, but the description of Omen Recognition implies that the user chooses a specific event to check for Fae, so I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't matter if someone else targeted Stick. In other words one of you and Steph have to be evil. So, yeah. Do you want me to change my assassin target from Steph to you? :D 

Actually Eolhondras is dead :P

haha of course I don't but I still don't trust you lol (I did say I wanted revenge for the MR after all ;))

Also I have omen recognition and to me it's a weirdly confusing power lol...I've had more problems with that one than any others haha. I don't see why it couldn't have shown up as skindancer involvement if she was targeted by more than one person, but yeah I'm starting to believe steph is evil. :( you were my sister @queensteph I loved you! lolz

Wait, really? I don't remember that. Never mind then.

What about @Straw. Are you still playing?

@Elbereth, @TheMightyLopen, @DroughtBringer: When using Omen Recognition, do you select a specific event and only learn if the person responsible is a Skindancer, or is it possible that multiple people targeting the same player (with either the same action or a different one) could interfere with the result?

34 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Do you want me to change my assassin target from Steph to you?

Aman. Why would a villager say this? Why tip off someone who is a potential elim? Risk losing a chance at killing a skindancer? If queensteph is attacked next turn, Aman is probably village, but he said that, so he is probably elim, but an elim would not reveal that unless he did not really plant an assassin, in which case queensteph, Aman, or both are elims. But what if he did plant the assassin? Then he is probably village, and queensteph is a skindancer...

EDIT: Wait OK ignore everything I have said, I am confusing myself.

Edited by Cluny the Scourge

11 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Wait, really? I don't remember that. Never mind then.

What about @Straw. Are you still playing?

@Elbereth, @TheMightyLopen, @DroughtBringer: When using Omen Recognition, do you select a specific event and only learn if the person responsible is a Skindancer, or is it possible that multiple people targeting the same player (with either the same action or a different one) could interfere with the result?

It can be anyone involved in the event that makes it show up as Skindancer involvement.

12 minutes ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

Aman. Why would a villager say this? Why tip off someone who is a potential elim? Risk losing a chance at killing a skindancer? If queensteph is attacked next turn, Aman is probably village, but he said that, so he is probably elim, but an elim would not reveal that unless he did not really plant an assassin, in which case queensteph, Aman, or both are elims. But what if he did plant the assassin? Then he is probably village, and queensteph is a skindancer...

Wait OK ignore everything I have said, I am confusing myself.

I would say it because I wanted to tease BR :P and because I wanted to see how she would react, especially because her sudden suspicion of me is a relatively large red flag.

Also can you explain what the Skindancer(s) could really do to stop my kill? Buy protection? We can already assume that they're doing that regardless of what I say. I'm pretty sure there's no one left with the ability to roleblock villagers, so it's not like they could stop my assassin in it's tracks.

I am honestly considering attacking BR instead, though >> I keep going back and forth which one of the sisters I think is more likely the Skindancer, and BR's posts this turn give me the impression that she's been waiting on me to die. Like, a turn ago she was openly talking about getting me protection, and now suddenly she thinks I'm lying about being a homeless, helpless old woman. Feels a bit weird to me.

I will add though that I liked one of your posts the previous turn, I think it was. Gave me a pretty good villager vibe. So I don't really suspect you as much, and as I've said before, one of Steph or BR absolutely has to be a Skindancer, so killing anyone else before the two of them is just a really, really bad idea. We need to focus our resources on removing one of them ASAP. So I honestly think everyone who can should agree to attack one, and then the other if they prove to be village.

8 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

It can be anyone involved in the event that makes it show up as Skindancer involvement.

Okay so, let's say that Brightness sent an Assassin onto Stick, a Skindancer sabotaged Stick, and Steph put in the order "I want to investigate the assassin contract on Stick from the previous turn." Would she receive the ping?

@queensteph, how did you word your OR order?

Edited by Amanuensis

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I will add though that I liked one of your posts the previous turn, I think it was. Gave me a pretty good villager vibe. So I don't really suspect you as much

Now you are just trying to get on my good side. It is working. Aman. FoS on you, though.

Edited by Cluny the Scourge

2 minutes ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

Now you are just trying to get on my good side. It is working. Aman. FoS on you, though.

What does FoS stand for?

For the record it was this post:

I would explain what about it exactly made me think you're village, but I'm honestly very tired right now so I can't be bothered to articulate my thoughts.

That being said, note how you quote BR here where she says she thinks I'm village. Pretty sudden change to what she's saying now, don't you think? I'm wondering if it's because she's a Skindancer who's been ignoring me because she thought I'd be killed by Mercs by now, and since I'm still around, is irked that she's not as far ahead as she thought she'd be and figured casting suspicion on me could be a good idea. Not sure if I'm wording that in a way that's understandable, but yeah >>

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Okay so, let's say that Brightness sent an Assassin onto Stick, a Skindancer sabotaged Stick, and Steph put in the order "I want to investigate the assassin contract on Stick from the previous turn." Would she receive the ping?

You can't word your Omen Recognition order to get specifics from an event. You can just scan a single event(specifically, a player going Insane or being attacked) for any Skindancer involvement. In the scenario you gave, yes, Steph would receive a message something like "Skindancers were involved in this event."

Okay I just realized the simplest way to decide that situation would have been to ask stick if she was attacked more than once...cuz wouldn't she have been able to answer that? Because if she had a gram or a bodyguard it would tell her how many uses she had left. I wonder why stick never said anything about that? :(

Ugh if she was hit only once than it would be obvious if me or steph was lying. But if it was more than we could both be possible villagers. Well I know I am. And I thought steph was too but now I can't decide.

Also @Amanuensis you could just call me paranoid lol...technically I bought a gram for you last turn but I couldn't pass it until this turn. But now I'm just trying to make sure that I really trust the person I pass it to. :P 

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Honestly Cluny, i could say some things but my job takes language very serious, so I would rather not risk it. But I think you are a very well mannered person and this country will be mostly a good experiwnfe for you

Edited by Amanuensis
lolwat? Aman you're drunk go home

Cluny is a Rat, or not, possibly. Not really sure.

If you can say one thing about Cluny, it's that he might be a rat. Or he might not be.

Clearly, Cluny has experience at being a rat. Or at least experience.

Honesty, I'm terrible at this. Might be better off looking at someone else.

14 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I would say it because I wanted to tease BR :P and because I wanted to see how she would react, especially because her sudden suspicion of me is a relatively large red flag.

Also can you explain what the Skindancer(s) could really do to stop my kill? Buy protection? We can already assume that they're doing that regardless of what I say. I'm pretty sure there's no one left with the ability to roleblock villagers, so it's not like they could stop my assassin in it's tracks.

I am honestly considering attacking BR instead, though >> I keep going back and forth which one of the sisters I think is more likely the Skindancer, and BR's posts this turn give me the impression that she's been waiting on me to die. Like, a turn ago she was openly talking about getting me protection, and now suddenly she thinks I'm lying about being a homeless, helpless old woman. Feels a bit weird to me.

I will add though that I liked one of your posts the previous turn, I think it was. Gave me a pretty good villager vibe. So I don't really suspect you as much, and as I've said before, one of Steph or BR absolutely has to be a Skindancer, so killing anyone else before the two of them is just a really, really bad idea. We need to focus our resources on removing one of them ASAP. So I honestly think everyone who can should agree to attack one, and then the other if they prove to be village.

1. Brightness was sabotaged that turn, not Stick.

2. I just asked to research the event of the attack on stick.

9 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Okay I just realized the simplest way to decide that situation would have been to ask stick if she was attacked more than once...cuz wouldn't she have been able to answer that? Because if she had a gram or a bodyguard it would tell her how many uses she had left. I wonder why stick never said anything about that? :(

Ugh if she was hit only once than it would be obvious if me or steph was lying. But if it was more than we could both be possible villagers. Well I know I am. And I thought steph was too but now I can't decide.

Also @Amanuensis you could just call me paranoid lol...technically I bought a gram for you last turn but I couldn't pass it until this turn. But now I'm just trying to make sure that I really trust the person I pass it to. :P 

I lit asked her that in PMs and then said that I did in the thread and she still never responded? remember she just posted in thread asking El if the writeup would clarify how many times someone was attacked. and then she said that she didn't tell me because I could be "trying to figure out how much protection she had so i could kill her" which I literally said to her in PM that that was the reason I asked her in PM so it'd be more safe. So it seemed weird and fishy to me that she said that in thread like it was a realization she had come to as an ulterior motive for me even though I'm the one who said it originally. Sorry you were innocent Stick but I really believed you were evil.

Also, I sent an Assassin on Stick last turn and I also used Fae Lore on BR, Cluny, and Stick. I'm pretty much convinced at this point that Cluny is evil. BR seems innocent to me just based on all of her posts in contrast to when she was an Elim before. I realize if BR is proven innocent then it's gonna be bad for me but hey I'm a trusting person what can I say.:P (sorry for not being on til now i was busy and then asleep)

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

Hm. I reread the write up from the attack on Stick and it was just an Assassin who attacked her. No Sabotage that turn. Sooo, I dunno. I don't think anyone else was involved.

I didn't think anyone else was either. That's why I went ahead and accused BR because I thought that she was the only one involved according to the writeup. But Elbereth said she wasn't going to say whether or not the writeup told how many times people were attacked because she wasn't sure if she's always written it accurately for that.

But BR was sabotaged that turn and she had protection against it. so idk why the Elims would attack one of their own unless the action was redirected or something.

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes elims will attack one of their own (if they have protection) so they can gain trust. If you truly are village, then I would guess that's why.

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking. @queensteph, @Straw, @Paranoid King, @Burnt Spaghetti, @Arinian, @Cluny the Scourge, @BrightnessRadiant: if you're a villager and capable of attacking someone, we need to coordinate. The Skindancers shouldn't be able to block every kill, and there's no real way to predict how much protection they have. My question to each of you is who do you vote we try to remove first. Steph or Brightness? If you think someone else should be killed before either of them, why? I really can't see any way that one of those two can't be evil, so I feel that we need to solve that problem before we try looking for any others. For now my kill is on Steph, but I am willing to change it to Brightness if there's enough consensus / a reasonable enough argument for Steph being good / Brightness being evil.

Edited by Amanuensis

well i know the elim is either brightness, cluny, or straw (since fae lore was used on all of them and there was no sabotage) and my bets on BR or Cluny. Obviously I don't think you should kill me but hey at least I'd be confirmed good, but i'd rather have that happen at the end of the game with me still alive. :P I won't be mad if you kill me though because I can see how I look suspicious but I'll still be a lil annoyed. 

Believe it or not, i dont have the funds to put in a kill atm, so i wont be participating in this turns bloodshed. If i were to though... eh honestly idk if i would anyways. 

Im torn tbh. I trust steph because of interaction with pms/curiours. And we've been coordinating actions. I want to trust steph. But brightness... even though shes irritated me by trying yo get me killed a few times earlier on, i do actually get a villager vibe from her. Its gotten to the point where ive started rolling dice. My dice keep telling me that i should focus on someone whos not them. Im inclined to trust my rng. It often is nice to me.

Oh. Another thing.

Stephs not expelled. Brightness is.

So. Stephs a touch hard for most of us to hit. Because us expelled folk cant hit her unless shes in the imre. And if she just joined in wih the attacking stick, it probably means shes back at the uni this month. 

12 minutes ago, Cluny the Scourge said:

Wait... An assassin can still hit her, right?

I don't see why not. It's not like the assassin is expelled. I know my Assassin will work, at least.

8 hours ago, queensteph said:

1. Brightness was sabotaged that turn, not Stick.

Why do you think this? Like, the write up implies that it was an Assassin who attacked Brightness.