Do your eyes deceive you? Can it be? Is Burnt Spaghetti not only online but posting??? Behold it is so! I, Burnt Spaghetti am returning to SE for this game!

I can't promise great activity though. Got irl university to worry about. At least there are no skindancers there eh? :1 so yes. I desperately want to play this after having such good fun in lg18 as a skindancer. This time i should at least have some idea of what I'm doing :1 i hope. Hehhh…

Dele Fajro is joining. She is excitable, loves to study, and is a little crazy at times. She isn’t one to be scared easily, as she finds everything too fascinating to consider running away in fear from it. People don't know if she sounds crazy because she actually is or because of her lack of sleep. As such, she always looks sleep deprived, yet still often has endless supplies of energy. Her dark orange hair is typically pulled up into a messy bun that sometimes looks like she didn't redo it after her late night of studying.

So, we currently have 13 players. Two more have said they’ll sign up, so fifteen. This game needs at least 18 players to run, and more like 25 would be excellent. 

In light of that, so that we have a chance of more than the minimum number, signups will be extended until at least Saturday, April 28 (for everyone but PDT, for whom it’s late Friday night), or until we get 20-25 players. Apologies for the delay. 

Also, new clarifications will be added to the rules (as soon as I post this and have the opportunity to edit the OP) and will continue to be added as we (specifically, Drought; I’m kind of occupied with having spent ~10 hours so far on the spreadsheet :ph34r:) go through the old thread and collect them.  

Lastly, if you want a better chance at getting Talent Pipes, submit recordings! I have one submission so far. And one more promised. That’s a little sad. :P 

With any luck, I'll actually have time to play this one. :P 

To be completely honest, though, I'm making time for this.  I've been waiting for this game for ages.  Although not as long as some...

I am, of course, Magestar.  Who else would I be? :D 

4 hours ago, Elbereth said:

So, we currently have 13 players. Two more have said they’ll sign up, so fifteen. This game needs at least 18 players to run, and more like 25 would be excellent. 

In light of that, so that we have a chance of more than the minimum number, signups will be extended until at least Saturday, April 28 (for everyone but PDT, for whom it’s late Friday night), or until we get 20-25 players. Apologies for the delay. 

Also, new clarifications will be added to the rules (as soon as I post this and have the opportunity to edit the OP) and will continue to be added as we (specifically, Drought; I’m kind of occupied with having spent ~10 hours so far on the spreadsheet :ph34r:) go through the old thread and collect them.  

Lastly, if you want a better chance at getting Talent Pipes, submit recordings! I have one submission so far. And one more promised. That’s a little sad. :P 

First of all, I'm glad you extended the deadline. I was worried we would have too few people.

Although I will give a small word of warning, you are placing the game start right before the start of AP tests. This may affect some people's activity in the early game. To be honest with myself though, it probably won't reduce my activity very much at all :P

Finally, I've PMed you a recording for talent pipes.

Looking forward to a kingkiller game. :)

Deep in Imre, in the darkest recesses of the darkest corner of the darkest tavern sat a man wearing a cloak of black that covered him from head to toe.  How long had he been there, no one knew.  In fact no one even knew he was there at all.

Which was probably a good thing seeing as he was dead and had been for quite some time.

Elsewhere an innocent, unassuming student finally arrived at the University.  Little did he know what was in store for him.

Signing up as Stryker Nox.

Edited by Alvron

1 hour ago, Elbereth said:

No. It's randomly decided. 

(I remember that specifically, because I really wanted the Law of Contraposition and never got it. >> *glares at Hael*)

I think that if the master of the field is a PC, they may choose what ability the person gets. But if it is an NPC, which I imagine many of them will be, then it is definitely random yes.

Just posting to say that I want to play, but with the Mafia Championship coming up, I don't think that I can keep up with this. I'm still thinking about it, because the GMs want / need the numbers, and that it seems like it'll be a lot of fun. But yeah, I dunno.

11 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

I think that if the master of the field is a PC, they may choose what ability the person gets. But if it is an NPC, which I imagine many of them will be, then it is definitely random yes.

The first game only ended up with 3 PC Masters by the end because most of the players were pursuing the same fields. I expect that will happen to some degree again (even though all of the fields are powerful in their own right for the Master of it), but I guess we'll see. But yeah, PC Masters get to choose which abilities go to those they elevate, but NPC is random.

6 minutes ago, little wilson said:

The first game only ended up with 3 PC Masters by the end because most of the players were pursuing the same fields. I expect that will happen to some degree again (even though all of the fields are powerful in their own right for the Master of it), but I guess we'll see. But yeah, PC Masters get to choose which abilities go to those they elevate, but NPC is random.

Yeah reading the rules I didn't expect there to be an abundance of PC masters...

I'll need to read up on the last game... I want to know which fields people went for previously.

2 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Yeah reading the rules I didn't expect there to be an abundance of PC masters...

I'll need to read up on the last game... I want to know which fields people went for previously.

It wasn't talked about much during the game. If you want to see exactly, maybe try the Master Spreadsheet for that game. Specifically the Elevation Points tab. Have fun. :P (I've spent about three hours improving that tab... :ph34r:)

:D 

Since I have my laptop back.

Methinks I'll be able to play :D 

-----------------------------------------------

He's Balthazar Myrrh, in this declaration.

Here's his registration, made without hesitation despite his situation.

Caught in a vicious cycle of procrastination, meeting stipulations and debunking allegations.

This is a mere adumbration, he suffers from chronic perturbation, is quite apt at ratiocination, isn't one to give approbation, has a tendency to cause conflagration and dissemination. This isn't an exaggeration, he's hopeless at manipulation, and has quite the chaotic reputation.

He likes a little experimentation, having fun in his accommodation ;) , he's one for the action.

Let's hope his posts aren't an agglomeration, to his peer's endless frustration.

And here's to all amalgamations, those abominations, this isn't counter-information.

Now to a great jubilation, my source of great consternation.

I must come to a consummation (take it any way you want :P

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

@Elbereth when does this game start? The countdown says 29th but above that you've said that it's gonna start on the 25th, today

On 4/23/2017 at 1:57 PM, Elbereth said:

:P 

On 4/24/2017 at 9:38 AM, Elbereth said:

It wasn't talked about much during the game. If you want to see exactly, maybe try the Master Spreadsheet for that game. Specifically the Elevation Points tab. Have fun. :P (I've spent about three hours improving that tab... :ph34r:)

Interesting, thank you... I suppose I shouldn't find it too surprising that so many people went for archives. Those abilities looked quite powerful, especially considering they didn't have many downsides.

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

Interesting, thank you... I suppose I shouldn't find it too surprising that so many people went for archives. Those abilities looked quite powerful, especially considering they didn't have many downsides.

Especially given that Fae Lore actually told you if your action successfully cancelled someone's actions. >> Yeah, that was like the first change I suggested...

Also, while Archives is one of the more obviously powerful fields, it's not as powerful as you might think. It's predominantly an information-gathering field, but with the Fae Lore fix, it's not an alignment-Seeking field. You're not going to find out if someone is a skindancer, and unless you plan on using Banned Books to learn abilities in other fields when you only have a single action period to use with those other abilities (so you're severely limited in that regard), most of the other information gathered is going to be pretty minimalist in terms of use.

Compare that with a field like Arithmetic, where, after a couple cycles, you have a lot of money, and then you can go flood the Black Market with contracts, offering ridiculous amounts of money for different services rendered. Or buying up a bunch of things at the Apothecary and at the Black Market (bodyguard/assassin/mommets).

Most of the less obviously powerful fields are similarly powerful if you use them well. The least powerful is probably Linguisitics, but it's compensated by the fact that it has the non-specific action periods, so if you combine it with another field (say, elevate to El'the in Linguistics and then Master in Archives), it becomes much more powerful.

So yeah, it's not surprising that people initially jumped on the Archives train, because it seems like the most powerful non-Arcane field, but....it's not really. You just have to think how to use the others.

1 hour ago, little wilson said:

So yeah, it's not surprising that people initially jumped on the Archives train, because it seems like the most powerful non-Arcane field, but....it's not really. You just have to think how to use the others.

I really want to push you guys towards doing interesting things, spend this extra time you have (since we delayed the game) for coming up with cool ideas that no one else has though of.

Btw, can you use the same action twice in the same turn? For example, if you have two rhetoric action periods, can you use law of contraposition twice? Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere already.

Edited by randuir