Ideas for Metalborn Powers with Other Metals

Borio Singaldi

So this is just a silly little thing I've come up with: If other real-world metals like lead, nickel, or mercury granted one Metalborn powers, then what would they be? Here are my additions to Mistborn's Ars Arcanum. Please don't take this seriously, it's just a whimsical Mistborn fantasy of mine.

So I won't be including Hemalurgic powers in this list, but I will be listing Allomantic powers (AP) and Feruchemical powers (FP).

Lead

• AP: Pulls on Nearby Sources of Wood
  • FP: Stores Physical Flexibility

Magnetite

• AP: Pushes on Nearby Sources of Wood
  • FP: Stores Creativity

Mercury

• AP: Enhances Allomantic Pulses
  • FP: Stores Body Fat

Gallium

• AP: Erases Allomantic Pulses
  • FP: Stores Emotion

Nickel

• AP: Loops (Reverses) Emotions
  • FP: Stores Musical Ability

Cobalt

• AP: Slates (Erases) Emotions
  • FP: Stores Artistic Ability

Platinum

• Inert

Trellium

• AP: Unknown
  • FP: Stores Any Feruchemical Attribute (theory)

I understand this is flawed in many ways, but I thought I'd try it anyway. What do you all think?

Yeah, this is a fun pastime, and I think we had a thread for it a while back. You might want to check through the forums to see what other ideas there are. It might be in this forum, it might be in the Creator's Corner subforum.

I'm digging the wood push/pull, and the artistic ability feruchemy. That latter one, I might even borrow for my own fanon Metallic Arts, if you're okay with it. A couple big-picture questions: Are you fitting these into the quadrant system at all, maybe defining a fifth quadrant, or making new metals that would each fit in with the existing metals of a quadrant? It looks like you don't have too many alloys, and they're an essential par of the systemt; do you have any ideas for cobalt alloys, nickel alloys, etc.? And why did you decide to make platinum inert?

I'm asking because the Metallic Arts are a very highly systematized magic, especially Allomancy with every metal having pushing/pulling, internal/external, and Physical/Mental/etc properties. One way I like to stretch myself creatively is to make an addition to the system (maybe positive/negative as an extra trait, or an entire fifth quadrant) and try to fill out the rest of the chart. So, for example, what would you have as the Internal pair to go along with lead/magnetite? Something similar to tin/pewter, I'd assume, but how would you make it different to go along with woodpushes and woodpulls?

Actually, when I first made this, I hadn't considered the quadrants or tried to clearly define the abilities. Hence my stating of how flawed this is. I understand that it's a very highly systematized magic, but I'm not good enough (or not dedicated enough) to make my additions truly accurate. I actually have made up a few alloys of my own, but they're completely fantasy and ones no one would have heard of, since I made them up for a fantasy book series of my own. I decided to make platinum inert because on Scadrial, silver is inert and I never really understood why, so I thought I'd just do the same for some other metal related to silver. No real reasoning behind the platinum thing.

And if you want to use artistic ability as a Feruchemical attribute for your own fanon Metallic Arts, I'm totally okay with you doing that. Have at it and have fun.

• Chaos locked this topic